Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Chairman Capone posted:

Are only the first two seasons of Wellington Paranormal coming to HBO?

If you're looking for a Wellington Paranormal fix they also made 17 short videos about covid-19 safety which were published on the official NZ police youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP6llCSydCY

It turns out that if you give the characters the same name as the actors they just never stop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Chairman Capone posted:

Are only the first two seasons of Wellington Paranormal coming to HBO?

IIRC three is coming, but not right away.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Norwegian Rudo posted:

IIRC three is coming, but not right away.

Ah, good to know, thanks.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

If you're looking for a Wellington Paranormal fix they also made 17 short videos about covid-19 safety which were published on the official NZ police youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP6llCSydCY

It turns out that if you give the characters the same name as the actors they just never stop

This is great. Definitely will help tide me over!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It finally clicked in my head recently that the way I talk to my dog is essentially a bad impression of how Nandor talks to Gizmo. I regret nothing.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Count Bakula

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Oh God I love this

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

This episode is great.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Scabby the Rat cameo!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Now these are the rear end in a top hat vampires I love (even more).

Btw there is a plum island but it's way the gently caress down at the opposite end of Long island. It was plum, right?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The creature design on that siren was fantastic. Her getting more bird like when she ate that fish was wonderfully unsettling.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
This episode and the last must have really pushed the FX budget.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Maxwell Lord posted:

This episode and the last must have really pushed the FX budget.

Hell, they probably knocked out this and the sire showdown in the same store on the same night.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Incredible episode, just pure gold all the way through, and there's something glorious in the fact that Colin Robinson quoted one of the best closing lines in any film ever - "Nobody's perfect" - in an episode with one of the best closing lines I can think of in recent memory :xd:

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

The Best Buy scene :D :D

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Turin Turambar posted:

The Best Buy scene :D :D

Btw the best buy execs didn't approve that scene. Matt Berry showed up and gave them no choice

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The first couple of episodes this season were a bit weak, but everything since then has been straight up bangers. I don't think it's missed a beat at all. I'd take 5 more seasons of this level of quality.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

That episode was fantastic. Another truly weird take on a mythological creature that vibed perfectly with Colon Robinson.
Also loved the scene where Laszlo first tries to escape, but she starts singing again and he immediately returns and goes, "That's such a beautiful song."

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

That episode was fantastic. Another truly weird take on a mythological creature that vibed perfectly with Colon Robinson.
Also loved the scene where Laszlo first tries to escape, but she starts singing again and he immediately returns and goes, "That's such a beautiful song."

I lost it when it cuts to Colin and the siren singing Islands in the Stream.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

The boat in the cold open was named Stugotz, which I only noticed because I'm doing a Sopranos rewatch

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

Hakkesshu posted:

The first couple of episodes this season were a bit weak, but everything since then has been straight up bangers. I don't think it's missed a beat at all. I'd take 5 more seasons of this level of quality.

I thought that too. The first two kinda had me a little worried but i think they kinda had to run that way to flesh out Gizmos new story arc.

Mob posted:

The boat in the cold open was named Stugotz, which I only noticed because I'm doing a Sopranos rewatch

That got a good chuckle outve me when i noticed it.

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona
Absolutely lost it at how hype Guillermo got seeing the huge bucket of legos and how much he didn't want to leave it behind.

That closing line was perfect, just incredible poo poo.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Sab Sabbington posted:

Absolutely lost it at how hype Guillermo got seeing the huge bucket of legos and how much he didn't want to leave it behind.

That closing line was perfect, just incredible poo poo.

Made even better because it was megablocks instead of Lego.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"Our new power-sharing arrangement is like Israel/Palestine, a win-win situation!" was a very dark laugh.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The Nadja doll is so good, I forget if it was mentioned here where I read it but originally Nadja was going to be extremely smart and capable and it just wasn’t that funny but instead making the tiny doll the (more) smart version of her is just a great choice.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

priznat posted:

The Nadja doll is so good, I forget if it was mentioned here where I read it but originally Nadja was going to be extremely smart and capable and it just wasn’t that funny but instead making the tiny doll the (more) smart version of her is just a great choice.

The way I remember it is they wanted Nadja to be the smart and capable one, but Natasia said "no, I want her to be a stupid as the boys", and they let her.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Davros1 posted:

The way I remember it is they wanted Nadja to be the smart and capable one, but Natasia said "no, I want her to be a stupid as the boys", and they let her.

Yeah leave it to Colin Robinson to be the insufferable know it all, makes way more sense how it ended up.

Speaking of the closing line :lmao:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Milo and POTUS posted:

Hell, they probably knocked out this and the sire showdown in the same store on the same night.
Sire showdown was deffo a Canadian Tire.

Loved Schall's fawning for Guellermo lol

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Davros1 posted:

this is always a good idea in comedy shows. if you have a cast with 3-5 guys and 1 woman and the woman is 'the smart one', what you've actually done is just create the impression that women aren't funny.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Davros1 posted:

Yup, she pulled a Sweet Dee and that was the right move.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Also I wonder what the limit of stuff Lazlo can BAT with him is, obviously his clothes but he brought the 2 noise cancelling headphones too!

Not Colin Robinson sized carrying as mentioned though.

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

Chris Knight posted:

Loved Schall's fawning for Guellermo lol
I keep wondering if were gonna see if this becomes a thing or not. like if we find out if he's gay straight or just ambiguously uptight.
Or if its just kristen schaal being awesome. Her turning into a perm character this season still blows my mind.

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

Loomer posted:

Trejo’s sheer delight in the Dark Greetings Everyone line makes me periodically consider making it my new text message sound.

Oh my loving god this is a wonderful idea

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Sentinel posted:

I keep wondering if were gonna see if this becomes a thing or not. like if we find out if he's gay straight or just ambiguously uptight.
Or if its just kristen schaal being awesome. Her turning into a perm character this season still blows my mind.

I hope they keep him ambiguously uptight.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

The Nadja doll was one of my favorite additions to the show and I am so glad we got so much of her this episode!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
More Nadja is always good

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

feedmyleg posted:

I hope they keep him ambiguously uptight.

loving same.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Nadja doll and Kristen Schall are loving treasures and I’m glad we get to enjoy their shenanigans.
Also the Guide being super into the dude who repeatedly attempted to stake her is definitely some great energy!

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
One minor thing that bothered me this last episode is that Laszlo killed a dude right in the open, in front of a bunch of people, and it wasn't mentioned any further. There's somewhat a minor storyline of the Council trying to keep vampires hidden, and I wonder if that'll lead tie into it, or if it's just a nitpicky thing that I noticed.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
I did not like the ending to Nadja's story this episode. The whole point about her being as stupid as the men should include, especially because she's an ancient vampire, her not being about modern woman, unappreciated at work, not enough time for herself kinda stuff. In the first two seasons her and Lazlo just hosed, and indulged each other's kinks. It could work if the writing was better but the beats of the story, if not the language, would absolutely play in any other crappy sitcom that gets a 150 episodes and goes into syndication.

Best Buy was good. The Colin Robinson origin story/development is good. Getting to a third of the way through the episode with no mystery, rather an out of place acquiring the boat, to just reveal the siren even calling was bad. Just start them out on a boat, don't give us a crappy scene that doesn't make sense with the vampires not even being good/subtle at feeding.

Guillermo breaking "the fourth wall" to complain about how he's being treated as a small character compared to a doll was horrific. A ballsy move to attempt to upset the in-world universe and call out his relative rank in the hierarchy, but it just didn't work. We're already suspending disbelief that there's a camera crew following them, we've had episodes where the camera crew get hosed over, sparingly thankfully, we have interviews, going further again and acting like this is a reality show just game across as cack-handed.

I'm gonna keep watching because I'm invested in the characters and the acting is great, but this season is nothing like the first two in the way it's written. Either in the storylines or dialogue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Mrenda posted:

we've had episodes where the camera crew get hosed over, sparingly thankfully

The way the Siren looked to the camera in this episode makes me think we’ve just had another of those.