Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Aurora posted:

even if pepperoni rolls don't have sauce in them they look perfect for marinara dipping
oh for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Nothing wrong with it yo

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Aurora posted:

that sounds like a tough balance of not blackening the dough while making sure the stuff on top is hot and cooked

Actually it's easy as Hell. It's my go to method.
https://youtu.be/uYxB4QBlrx4

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Here is a promotional shot of the deluxe pizza at the place I worked at. It's terrible. They loving bill themselves as a hometown tradition, but they constantly change ingredients, moving down to whatever is cheaper, the pizza is absolute poo poo, but they drown the thing in salt and oregano so that is all people taste. Old folks would come in all the time and rave about how our pizza hadn't changed in 50 years, meanwhile in the back we've shifted from fresh to canned mushrooms, from fresh onions to rehydrated, changed to a completely different type of cheese and pepperoni, started making insanely lovely in house pizza sauce. But all they taste is salt and oregano, so it's the same!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I haven't had a pizza in like, a year.

I'm surrounded by other delicious but unhealthy food though.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

El Burbo posted:

5 foot 6 and 127 lb here

yeah but youre 12

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Chicago style pizza

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

CubeTheory posted:

we've shifted from fresh to canned mushrooms, from fresh onions to rehydrated,

:magical:

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
step one of making the pizza was literally spray bottling the bottom of the dough with water and going to town on it with a shaker full of pretzel salt

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I make basic pizza with some pita bread, it's nice and quick

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Aurora posted:

even if pepperoni rolls don't have sauce in them they look perfect for marinara dipping
ive done it, heck ive bit into one and poured sauce inside. but its highly unorthodox

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

CubeTheory posted:

step one of making the pizza was literally spray bottling the bottom of the dough with water and going to town on it with a shaker full of pretzel salt
are you srue this pizza place wasnt in cahoots with the local hospital to give all the old people heart attacks

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Pita bread pizzas rule.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Endorph posted:

are you srue this pizza place wasnt in cahoots with the local hospital to give all the old people heart attacks

It was run by two fail sons who inherited the business when their father died young. They were absolutely terrible, had no idea how things actually worked at stores. They would come in for 'inspections' with the people that actually ran the company and they would just stand in the dining room playing on their phones, not doing or looking at anything in their own loving company.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Pita bread pizzas rule.

Flatbread pizza in general is underrated imho just make some homemade naan/pitas and put the pizza stuff on them.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

CubeTheory posted:

Stop, stoooop :cry:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Last Celebration posted:

Flatbread pizza in general is underrated imho just make some homemade naan/pitas and put the pizza stuff on them.

god i fuckin love naan bread holy poo poo

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

CubeTheory posted:

Here is a promotional shot of the deluxe pizza at the place I worked at. It's terrible. They loving bill themselves as a hometown tradition, but they constantly change ingredients, moving down to whatever is cheaper, the pizza is absolute poo poo, but they drown the thing in salt and oregano so that is all people taste. Old folks would come in all the time and rave about how our pizza hadn't changed in 50 years, meanwhile in the back we've shifted from fresh to canned mushrooms, from fresh onions to rehydrated, changed to a completely different type of cheese and pepperoni, started making insanely lovely in house pizza sauce. But all they taste is salt and oregano, so it's the same!

this pizza looks like poo poo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

You ate that every day?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

You ate that every day?

Millions of Ontarians eat that every day.

At Pizza Pizza.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Mister Facetious posted:

At Pizza Pizza.

Remind me to never visit the Dread Land of Ontario.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I used our handtossed dough, which was just a frozen doughball that we sold almost zero of, but was way better than our normal thin crust poo poo, and made a pepperoni pizza out of it, without sauce or ten pounds of salt and oregano.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

Remind me to never visit the Dread Land of Ontario.

Imagine if there was a level below Sbarro's... that is the circle of Hell Pizza Pizza comes from.

And it's disturbingly popular too.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

250 ibs at 6'2 here. Lost ten pounds over the last month.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

As a kid I once moved to Houston due to my dad's job. One of the first places we ate there was at Cici's Pizza. An unlimited pizza buffet was my introduction to American excess and decadence.

I still kinda miss it even if it was trash.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Mister Facetious posted:

At Pizza Pizza.

isnt that little caesers motto

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i havent eaten a worse pizza than one of those digiornos mini pizzas or whatever. cheese like loving paper

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

El Burbo posted:

isnt that little caesers motto

Caesar's may be cheaper, but pizza pizza a:) delivers, and b:) has creamy garlic sauce :btroll:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Used to eat Pizza Pizza regularly since it was across the street from my dorm.

Can’t eat it anymore

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mister Facetious posted:

At Pizza Pizza.

no wonder the hawaiian pizza was invented there, if thats your alternative.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Kild posted:

no wonder the hawaiian pizza was invented there, if thats your alternative.

that sounds like you’re dissing Hawaiian pizza, the perfect blend of sweet and savory.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

littleorv posted:

Used to eat Pizza Pizza regularly since it was across the street from my dorm.

Can’t eat it anymore

Their two panzerotti deal was a steal before management figured out and got rid of it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Pizza Pizza is a dumb name.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Last year I finally found a place near me that makes good Chicago-style deep dish after years of only rarely being able to have any

I hope I haven't damaged my health too badly since making this discovery

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Pizza Pizza is a dumb name.

Strangely, it predates the Little Caesars slogan by twelve years.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Ibblebibble posted:

As a kid I once moved to Houston due to my dad's job. One of the first places we ate there was at Cici's Pizza. An unlimited pizza buffet was my introduction to American excess and decadence.

I still kinda miss it even if it was trash.

There's a chain of pizza restaurants that feature lunch buffets called Mountain Mike's.

It is indeed trash but still edible.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

god i fuckin love naan bread holy poo poo

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

Endorph posted:

women probably

i'm a guy

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Dragon Quest composer is dead. He was also a War Crimes/Holocaust denier.
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1446014838476521474?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

Grouchio posted:

Dragon Quest composer is dead. He was also a War Crimes/Holocaust denier.
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1446014838476521474?s=20

he's a piece of poo poo and i don't mourn him, but i can't wait to see how many japanese game creators and composers resetera tries to turn of them because most will probably still pay condolences for his music.

i bet the first person they go after is sakurai - they're already giving him crap for there not being enough diversity in smash

https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/1446032883114672129
https://twitter.com/ResetEraNT/status/1445411257302097921