Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Kosumo posted:

NO!

We have to many Idris .... please refund and buy a Karken.

You will surely get the Karken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L. Ron Hoover
Nov 9, 2009
Tell me another game where you can poke and prod your poo poo log with a fork and see the procedurally digested hot dog inside. I'm waiting.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/NFmfmeI.mp4

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

From reddit:

Finally some messhall updates. Our years long nightmare is finally over- they fixed helmet carrying, the pipelines are flowing!

Star Citizen: Polishing utensil interaction
Technical breakthrough

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Ooh just imagine how it'd feel to curl up with them in there

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

From reddit:

Finally some messhall updates. Our years long nightmare is finally over- they fixed helmet carrying, the pipelines are flowing!

Now everyone has a helmet,janitors! Chefs! People already wearing helmets!

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Bill Decker posted:

It's all too real

https://mailchi.mp/cloudimperiumgames/squadron-42-update-145076

Bug fixing the toilet animations is finally underway
So, you can interact with helmets and there is also toilet behavior...

Does it mean you will be able to shoot the policeman and poo poo into his helmet and then send this helmet to his Quanta widow?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Is making box rooms for cats with a cell phone as a TV a thing? Because this is the second time I've seen this.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008

ErrEff posted:

There is no content pipeline,

Ah but you see, ONCE the pipelines are up...

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

Blue On Blue posted:

So this is very interesting to me

Capt Richard has been a die hard sc fan for many years and a heavy streamer and supporter

The fact he only made that little over two years is telling

Although , I assume this chart only shows sub earnings.

The leak included any money that is paid out via twitch. This would include subs, donations, advertising dollars, and maybe some other stuff that I'm not thinking of. But yeah, a good portion of the total pay of a streamer comes from sponsors which you're not going to see here.

Sankis posted:

The leak is only from twitch's side. Keep in mind that the big money is being paid by developers or publishers to play their game.

It's honestly way more than i thought for sc streamers but i bet it says more about the sc communities willingness to throw money out

Even bigger money comes from other sources. There were leaked Discord conversations showing a streamer who got paid A LOT to shill crypto-gambling sites like Roobet and Duelbits. I'm talking over 1.5 million/month.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
lol is that tom&jerry playing

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Fidelitious posted:

Even bigger money comes from other sources. There were leaked Discord conversations showing a streamer who got paid A LOT to shill crypto-gambling sites like Roobet and Duelbits. I'm talking over 1.5 million/month.

Oh, yeah. Gambling sites in general are throwing out millions and millions each month on steamers. It's absolutely disgusting and morally bankrupt (the sites often rig it so the streamers 'win' money) and, surprisingly, twitch has no intention of doing anything about these people largely advertising gambling sites to teens and children. The leak really couldn't have happened to a better company.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sankis posted:

The leak is only from twitch's side. Keep in mind that the big money is being paid by developers or publishers to play their game.

It's honestly way more than i thought for sc streamers but i bet it says more about the sc communities willingness to throw money out

They have above average income when compared to non-sc streamers with the same amount of viewers. Which means that the SC community likes to subscribe.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
Toss a coin to your Crobbler

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

trucutru posted:

They have above average income when compared to non-sc streamers with the same amount of viewers. Which means that the SC community likes to subscribe.

Yeah that's what I meant to say. There's probably whales watching giving subs out and poo poo

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I got the latest SQ42 news letter this morning and lol the amount of word salad in it is insane.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Basically I think they have hired Dr Smart to write their newsletter.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

From reddit:

you could not make any parody better than this. except it's real

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Where did you find this list?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

No Game Has Come This Close - It Feels So REAL posted:

quote:

Refund sub haters won't like this..

marumaru
May 20, 2013

dang bros... i can feel my doubts about star citizen peeling away after seeing that... i might buy an idris..

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

"It feels so real!" Says man who has never been to space.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

To be fair, we're approaching Kerbal Space Program quality levels here, that's a good goal to reach for 10 years ago

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008

How many Skyrims fit in that ugly blob on the left?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Honked posted:

To be fair, we're approaching Kerbal Space Program quality levels here, that's a good goal to reach for 10 years ago

Graphically? Yes. Simulation-wise? Not even close.

Larz
Jul 29, 2011
The Gameplay Story team started the month polishing utensil interaction in several mess hall scenes before achieving a technical breakthrough by getting NPCs to walk correctly while holding helmets under either arm.

I had to type out this sentence. The person who wrote this is a genius. It is the funniest sentence I have read in a long time.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Those monthly news letters I'm pretty sure are done by the intern they put in charge of their big fancy development roadmap that took them like 2 years to develop (it was done by Turbulent) and the "details" where just the intern running around asking random developers and managers what they were working on and they just tell him some BS so he goes away. It %100 reads like someone answering off the cuff what they are currently working on and they embellish it to sound important.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Popete posted:

Graphically? Yes. Simulation-wise? Not even close.

So SC has simulation now??? I shall buy an Idris immediately

Play
Apr 25, 2006

this could literally be from 2010 lmao

just a weird choice because there are scenes from star citizen that definitely look better / more real

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Play posted:

just a weird choice because there are scenes from star citizen that definitely look better / more real

The real question is which way is the craft going. Don't forget the previous iteration showed the same effect whether leaving the planet gravity well or returning lol.

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

monkeytek posted:

Where did you find this list?

The Twitch leak, via twitchearnings.com (which is now taken down).

L. Ron Hoover
Nov 9, 2009
You guys are making fun of the mess hall tech but the update said mess halls sceneS, plural! The game is going to be filled to the brim with mess hall scenes! Hopefully several between every mission. It's only natural that the tech pipelines will be large to accommodate this.

Also good to see rail leaning is continuing to be worked on. I'm a little concerned because there was no mention of formal rail leaning, and a space game cannot only have casual rail leaning if it's going to live up to Chris' vision. Hopefully the mocap pipelines have polished up the formal leaning but this is the first time I'm a bit worried by progress on Squadron 54.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

monkeytek posted:

The real question is which way is the craft going. Don't forget the previous iteration showed the same effect whether leaving the planet gravity well or returning lol.

anyone know if you can drive your space ships backwards or only forwards?

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

Sammus posted:

CitCon is still a thing? It's gotta be all digital by now, right? Even if covid wasn't a thing, they haven't done enough work in the last 2 years to show anything to anyone, what could they possibly be hyping to show?

It's going to be fooking 8 hours long apparently. CIG, some suggestions for padding:

- 2 hour overview of Visual Studio. This is how we create the pipelines. Here is Bob creating a pipeline.
- Pipelines. The importance of. Here are some of the ones we wish we had.
- 1 hour Banu language class for trading. Important phrases - give me money; where is my ship; does it have LTI.
- Intel - the future of gaming. They used to like us. Lets check out their website together.
- Project management with Chris Roberts

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Dr. Honked posted:

No kidding, this is indistinguishable from unmodded KSP.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Play posted:

Oh man, wait... do ships and stations just float above planets instead of orbiting? No poo poo would ever come in at a steep angle like that, I thought this was realistic?!

Bronze Fonz posted:

No kidding, this is indistinguishable from unmodded KSP.

Pretty sure I can do screenshots in stock KSP that look better than that, I think.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

But have you ever payed several hundred dollars for a spaceship in KSP?

Did not think so, checkmate Derek Smart!

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Now everyone has a helmet,janitors! Chefs! People already wearing helmets!

can't wait to see the guy wearing six jackets also holding five helmets

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

If the helmet is actually a bag, does the bag deflate realistically when put under your arm?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

L. Ron Hoover posted:

You guys are making fun of the mess hall tech but the update said mess halls sceneS, plural! The game is going to be filled to the brim with mess hall scenes! Hopefully several between every mission. It's only natural that the tech pipelines will be large to accommodate this.

Also good to see rail leaning is continuing to be worked on. I'm a little concerned because there was no mention of formal rail leaning, and a space game cannot only have casual rail leaning if it's going to live up to Chris' vision. Hopefully the mocap pipelines have polished up the formal leaning but this is the first time I'm a bit worried by progress on Squadron 54.

I'm betting that all of SQ54: Episode 1 will be in the mess hall.