Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Given the average goons housekeeping and grooming habits you're deffo feeding them flies

E: I will not explain this snipe suck it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Mostly blind dog, whenever I take anything out of the hoodie pocket that holds the treats:

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

tmfc posted:

if I were to buy a healthy rips device which one should I get

the rogue looks nice and it's only a few bucks more than the fury edge but I kinda like that the bowl on the edge is a little smaller

interested in a vape with dosing capsules that isn't priced like a storz and bickel

I have both but haven’t tried the rogue yet.
edge is good stuff and the capsules are cool they’re just loving blindingly hot when you pop them out

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I've been using a fury edge as pretty much the only way i ingest thc since November 2019 and it's still working great. most of the black paint has peeled off one side (thankfully not the cool "HealthyRips.com" side lol) after i got some unknown chemical on it, so it just looks hosed up now with exposed metal.

the dosing capsules are great too. i just finally switched back to using them after being lazy and dumping weed directly into the chamber for quite a while, and it's so much easier to keep it clean now.

i also gave my old Fury 2 to my sister and that's still going afaik

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

tokin opposition posted:

Given the average goons housekeeping and grooming habits you're deffo feeding them flies

E: I will not explain this snipe suck it

given the fact that my grow shed currently lacks an exterior door and is now 30 degrees F over ambient at night, I am definitely feeding them flies.

Door will be installed in a couple days, though. I'd do it myself but I hosed up the rough cut bad enough that I am gonna let an actual carpenter bail me out when they are here doing other work.

I wish I had an opinion on dry herb vapes because I kind of want one, but I seem to just turn all my biomass into oil and then vape it too fast :shrug:

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

it’s fall y’all!

which means for me it’s almost time for a very special event, my first clone is about to reach harvest! (And her two clones are, so far, looking good themselves!)

8 minutes from now will be the end of week 6 in flower. looking to finish strong.

only four grows in but I’m pretty happy with how my trimming and pruning worked out on this one. it’s going to really pay off during harvest, not having a ton of leaf to trim off will be so, so welcome. a lot of work I don’t have to do all at once!

dog tax:

my favorite puppy picture of her :3

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Stevie Lee posted:

I've been using a fury edge as pretty much the only way i ingest thc since November 2019 and it's still working great. most of the black paint has peeled off one side (thankfully not the cool "HealthyRips.com" side lol) after i got some unknown chemical on it, so it just looks hosed up now with exposed metal.

the dosing capsules are great too. i just finally switched back to using them after being lazy and dumping weed directly into the chamber for quite a while, and it's so much easier to keep it clean now.

i also gave my old Fury 2 to my sister and that's still going afaik

I picked up a fury edge to run in tandem with a boundless cf. Finally got around to trying the edge. It is probably the perfect vape, except it's chamber is like a third smaller than the cf. I really like everything else about it. But the smaller chamber kinda ruins it for me. With the cf, I can pack the chamber, and run three cycles of increasing temperature. I get 15 minutes of decently thick clouds throughout.

Attempted the same thing with the edge, and the hits were super thin less than halfway through the second cycle. Maybe I can figure out a better way with it, but I think I'll just keep the edge around for when the cf needs to be charged.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

rogue is supposed to be bigger I’ll see tomorrow when the box gets opened

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7003873333829815557

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

So I made some pumpkin bread with my vaped flower and unfortunately I didn't feel anything.
It was my first time making edibles though, so maybe I didn't use enough?

I used a mortar and pestle fit the vaped flower and got 13g of finely ground vaped flower, so a little over 1 tablespoon of finally ground decarbed flower. It smelled like chocolate which was incredible.
Total ingredients were: pumpkin bread mix, water, a fruity apple/olive oil, 2x eggs, the flower, a shot of Dutch eggnog, nutmeg, allspice, and a few drops of vanilla.

I had a cousin taste the batch (and gave him a third of the sheet so about 4g abv) and he said you couldn't taste or smell the cannabis at all. I think maybe I'm too sensitive because I could taste and smell it, but I'll admit it was faint. In any case I haven't got a report yet on if it affected him either.

Anyway, by how much do you think I need to increase the flower?

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Definitely more. I put that much in a single drink when I'm doing that

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

Javid posted:

Definitely more. I put that much in a single drink when I'm doing that

same, seems low for more than a single dose.

if I’m making a batch of something I usually shoot for an ounce to be safe. that is, an ounce of ABV/activated weed to then be infused into the required amount of butter (and maybe a bit more if I only need a small amount of oil for my dish)

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

The Demilich posted:

So I made some pumpkin bread with my vaped flower and unfortunately I didn't feel anything.
It was my first time making edibles though, so maybe I didn't use enough?

I used a mortar and pestle fit the vaped flower and got 13g of finely ground vaped flower, so a little over 1 tablespoon of finally ground decarbed flower. It smelled like chocolate which was incredible.
Total ingredients were: pumpkin bread mix, water, a fruity apple/olive oil, 2x eggs, the flower, a shot of Dutch eggnog, nutmeg, allspice, and a few drops of vanilla.

I had a cousin taste the batch (and gave him a third of the sheet so about 4g abv) and he said you couldn't taste or smell the cannabis at all. I think maybe I'm too sensitive because I could taste and smell it, but I'll admit it was faint. In any case I haven't got a report yet on if it affected him either.

Anyway, by how much do you think I need to increase the flower?

people can/should use like 1oz bud per stick of butter (which is 1/2 cup) for regular strength edibles with no extracts in play. it'd work the same for oil at 1 oz bud / .5 cup oil. abv is supposedly half the strength of unvaped bud.

actually maybe baking straight into bread without extracting is a better way to do it but it will probably take a lot more

Marzzle has issued a correction as of 05:30 on Oct 11, 2021

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Marzzle posted:

actually maybe baking straight into bread without extracting is a better way to do it but it will probably take a lot more

yeah I may give this a try with my 2cups of the stuff

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

how many grams is that and what would g per serving be?

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Looks like I grossly undercounted the amount of flower needed. I got a little mason jar to store my used flower for now so that way I can get a proper dose for the next batch of edibles.

I cleaned my dynavap for the first time tonight and it hit with just a bit more freshness than I expected, very refreshing feeling. I then ran out of butane so I resorted to pulling out the bong for the rest of the night. Shortly into tonight's smoke session however I realized that I should have cleaned the dynavap pieces in a small pan with milk so I could make another edible. Dammit!

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

i ended up ordering a fury edge and it should hopefully be showing up tomorrow so i'll report back

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

mail never came yesterday :negative:

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
I bet delivery problems are cropping up everywhere. I am trying to limit my online ordering to things I can't get locally as much as I can.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

tmfc posted:

mail never came yesterday :negative:

https://youtu.be/IpDdUAdfI5c

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

fury edge is good

the dosing caps are indeed hot as gently caress after a session. a pen magnet and an extra tube for the spent ones is handy if you wanna rip a couple back to back and not burn your hands

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

listening to five decade old comedy albums about mary jane :420:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LScqQeIJgDs

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

used the rogue and it’s a bit better than edge because the chamber is larger

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
i fell asleep with a boundless cf in my pocket. the way i was curled up must have made my body heat melt some resin that was in the mouthpiece. it blotted through the pocket on my shorts and left a small stain on a blanket. so i dunno, watch out for that if you take naps with stuff in your pockets.

it looks like the rogue does have a bit larger chamber, but still seems small. i think the cf can fit close to a third of a gram.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
is there some fancy battery vape thing that can do 510 carts and flower? maybe im too high and that's a bad idea but im also too lazy to maintain two things and liked that the pax 3 worked great for flower or concentrates, but im lazy so ive been buying carts

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Marzzle posted:

how many grams is that and what would g per serving be?

I used white bread flour and about 1cup abv flower which I put in a coffee grinder and powdered, ~20g. tastes a bit like abv…maybe another time I’ll try adding some more salt and a bit of honey or something.

in addition I put about two thirds of an oz of some low grade weed into some butter:

and here’s Johnny Apple Weed

i am harry has issued a correction as of 04:04 on Oct 15, 2021

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

500 good dogs posted:

is there some fancy battery vape thing that can do 510 carts and flower? maybe im too high and that's a bad idea but im also too lazy to maintain two things and liked that the pax 3 worked great for flower or concentrates, but im lazy so ive been buying carts

Yeah, my old Voopoo drag 2 is my weed cart machine now. It detects the little cartridge and goes down to 12w automatically. Gigantic hits for sure, but it doesn't fry anything. I'm sure other mods can do things similarly.

e for flower and anything fancier than a cartridge you'd otherwise screw in to a pen, you'll want to check the vaporizer thread

Inspector Hound has issued a correction as of 06:19 on Oct 15, 2021

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
thanks friend

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

500 good dogs posted:

not an expert here at all, but any decent box mod that can do voltage + wattage modes should do (istick pico is a cheap, small starter mod) and then you can use any 510-threaded atomizer, like a stempod/stempod si for flower or a sai and some kanthal coils for concentrates

i can vouch for the sai (+ kanthal coils), they hit like you're doing a dab

no idea how well the stempod works. there was another popular 510-threaded dry herb atomizer by RBT called the splinter/splinter-z but it's been discontinued. IMO i think you get much better performance w/dry herb through devices that were specifically built for it, e.g. a Fury Edge or Arizer Air or Crafty+ etc.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I wouldn't use a 510 flower atomizer because they're so fiddly and temperamental by design, even the really excellent ones - the DynaVap has much less of a learning curve, and it's a vape specifically known for its learning curve

But also holy cow yes, Humboldt Vape Tech is taking orders again! They're apparently starting shipping from their new location today, which is just fantastic news. The Sai TAF is my number one recommended dab atomizer for people just getting into using them, since it's durable and user-friendly enough for a novice but has the capabilities to meet the demands of a serious head.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
You ever think kids these days might think smoking weed is wack. Like lol, you mean that poo poo my dad smokes and then zones out on yt.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

DoombatINC posted:

I wouldn't use a 510 flower atomizer because they're so fiddly and temperamental by design, even the really excellent ones - the DynaVap has much less of a learning curve, and it's a vape specifically known for its learning curve

But also holy cow yes, Humboldt Vape Tech is taking orders again! They're apparently starting shipping from their new location today, which is just fantastic news. The Sai TAF is my number one recommended dab atomizer for people just getting into using them, since it's durable and user-friendly enough for a novice but has the capabilities to meet the demands of a serious head.

thanks

honestly i can just use my pax 3 i just hate cleaning it (so i dont)

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

ripping the poo poo out of some sour diesel

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Topo Chico Debarge posted:

You ever think kids these days might think smoking weed is wack. Like lol, you mean that poo poo my dad smokes and then zones out on yt.

I do wonder what the cultural backlash will be. Hopefully it doesn't just swing right back to being illegal in a bunch of these states.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Posting the classics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_0pzOkH0bY

edit: FRIG

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
does anyone have experience with PA medical pot drugs

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
What is the point of the internet if you can't even embed a video of a guy coughing for 5 minutes in the weed thread.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Weed. Now bed

Enjoy my beautiful rear end cats, bitch

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Good soup! posted:

Weed. Now bed

Enjoy my beautiful rear end cats, bitch

holy poo poo that’s a nice cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU