Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Nutmeg posted:

thinking about outlast 2 after i beat re8, but kinda surprised its 30 bucks. been out since 2017 but maybe its Just That Good

I heard it was bad op but I dunno I was too scared to play 1 for more than like 20 min

Started Re2 tonight. Lol at the cop Leon tries to pull from under the shutter being squashed in half soaking Leon in blood and he goes "hang in there!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
i spent hours playing infinity mode to unlock the underwear and laser sword only for the game to freeze because of a game breaking glitch in the food court lol. Dead rising ftw

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Oct 6, 2021

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Started Re2 tonight. Lol at the cop Leon tries to pull from under the shutter being squashed in half soaking Leon in blood and he goes "hang in there!"

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I got the tude now posted:

*on the turd factory tour* i am impressed by the number of pieces of poo poo on display

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Would of loved it in a thread such as, "The Soul/Sekiro/Bloodborne/Elder Ring Ultimate Collection is now on SALE!" or "I Love the Battle Field Serie's Of Games" but here in such a festive, gamer-adjacent holiday thread? Sad.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

I heard it was bad op but I dunno I was too scared to play 1 for more than like 20 min

every cutscene owns so much

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

EmmyOk posted:

that's lowkey classic resident evil

if you're an npc in a resident evil game, you're more likely to survive an encounter with a boss monster than you are to survive a protagonist telling you "hang in there"

I think the only ones who survive it are ashley and sherry?

it killed richard aiken, ben bertolucci, marvin branaugh, brad vickers, steve burnside... like half of them start dying horribly literally the moment they hear it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCiie6re-bI&t=234s
shutter cop gets ripped in half, cd-rom cop from re5 looks like he's dead before chris even says it, and when claire says it to steve he gives her the stinkeye and proceeds to painfully die of seriously nothing, he just stops being alive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4Hxqbi69vE&t=60s
I just googled this one and have no idea what's going on but from what I know of resident evil it seems chris said "hang in there" and a signal was sent backwards through time causing poor finn to spontaneously combust. r.i.p. finn

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

survival horror protagonists who think you still have a chance when the entire room is painted in your blood ftw

https://youtu.be/tcfMOV2-lhg

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

JOSEPH SAMOAN posted:

survival horror protagonists who think you still have a chance when the entire room is painted in your blood ftw

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jw6ySs2JnU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

All of the weapons feel like crap in this game. Especially the guns. Does that ever change.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

that thumbnail made me think of the high five scene from jackass 3d for some reason lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

loving lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMS4ESFlfDk&t=32s

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"

JOSEPH SAMOAN posted:

Silent Hill 4 owns so much

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

In Training posted:

All of the weapons feel like crap in this game. Especially the guns. Does that ever change.

It doesn’t change but some weapons are better than others. Katana and mini chainsaws are good. DR2 improved on this a lot

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

it’s funny exploding heads by throwing fistfuls of gems with the force of a shotgun blast when you reach high level

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

dead rising 2 adds craftable weapons that kill everything in the game really fast, but in exchange it makes almost everything you just pick up in the mall uselessly weak which is a very weird decision in a game built around being able to pick up anything not nailed down to kill zombies

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

lmao

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nutmeg posted:

thinking about outlast 2 after i beat re8, but kinda surprised its 30 bucks. been out since 2017 but maybe its Just That Good

It's way better than the first one but it's not 30 bucks good

Cubone
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

the guns are absolute rear end and remain rear end forever, but there's a couple of narrow situations where it's helpful to have like 3-4 shotguns on you because of the spread and knockback

what most people end up doing is finding a melee weapon that works but wears out fast, and grabbing books from the bookstores that give it durability bonuses (the bonus multipliers stack exponentially, so three 3x multipliers => 27x)
this makes the mini chainsaw insanely, disgustingly good

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Jenny Agutter posted:

it’s funny exploding heads by throwing fistfuls of gems with the force of a shotgun blast when you reach high level
also this

and the boxes of soda cans
I could sit there throwing soda cans at zombies' heads all loving day, it feels so good

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

the spinning lariat wrestling move kills zombies in one hit and also looks really really stupid

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thanks for the tips all. I like that the level ups appear to be completely random? I gained a level and got health and died but when I reloaded to play again I got a weapon slot. strange decisions all over this game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

some plague rats posted:

It's way better than the first one but it's not 30 bucks good

hmm, looked at the new amnesia game as well as i liked the 1st one but thats full price too. wheres a halloween sale when you need one

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nutmeg posted:

hmm, looked at the new amnesia game as well as i liked the 1st one but thats full price too. wheres a halloween sale when you need one

Have you played SOMA. It kicks rear end

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

emphatically this

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

definitely this. SOMA ftw

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It's also full price right now but it's gone on sale for as low as like $3. I bet there will be some kinda Halloween sale this month

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

actually i got a humble bundle code for it sitting around. want it nutmeg?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

wait i'm retarded nvm

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fungah! posted:

wait i'm retarded nvm

Hate when this is the reveal in psychological thrillers

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Presenting Frictional Games' new project, Quantum Leap

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

EmmyOk posted:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

lol

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

i have not but i think aspects of the story have been spoiled to me over the years, but i dont remember anything specific so maybe ill go this route

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Fungah! posted:

wait i'm retarded nvm

were all a little retarded, ty anyway bro