Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

As I need NHL caliber players but am nearly capped out, give me the devil I know in Andy Greene and his steady defensive play and delightful $750K cap hit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Well you all took all the good backups so I'll take the old, expensive, (and I think lamentably right wing, if not explicitly racist and homophobic) Thomas Greiss

And to balance him out I will take another talented yet different sort of right winger Alexander Barabanov

Bertuzzi - Matthews - Konecny
Tkachev - Hischier - Gurianov
Jost - Thomas - Barabanov
X - Compher - X

Provorov - Ekblad
Grzelcyk - Andersson
X - Carrier

Merzlikins

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I am home form work.

Since I have the cap space Vancouver will continue picking the mediocre fancy stats guys with not so great contracts and scoop up one Paul Byron. Speedy left wing that isnt terrible at offense or defense that I can put on the third line and not regret (until he gets injured again).

e: Im not good at line making so laugh at my folly of drafting too many right wings

Ovechkin - Giroux - Boeser
Bailey - Eller - Vatrano
Byron - Vilardi - Mikheyev
?? - Bjugstad - ??

Jokiharju - Orlov
Ekman-Larsson - Cernak
?? - ??

Lankinen
Hutchinson

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Oct 7, 2021

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Oh wow look at the time.

The Chicago Blackhawks are starting to be short on their list of character players that can drive internal competition. So we're starting to orient ourselves towards a more youth-based approach where we think, from a brief interview, that players we draft can make a difference in our team in the coming years.

Our next draft pick will be a d-man who despite his young age is still playing an aggressive enough style of play to have been suspended for an illegal check to the head on Derek Stepan. A young gun taking down an established veteran like that tells us everything we need to know: he's a go getter who isn't impressed by titles and legacy, one who is willing to bend rules in order to win it all.

Welcome to Chicago, J้r้my Lauzon!

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
The Flyers need a coach.

Not just any coach, but a coach that can help our players succeed to the best of their offensive ability.

A coach that, like the Flyers IRL, cannot win in the playoffs.

Bruce Boudreau!

Furnaceface is back up.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Oh poo poo I have to cheat to keep this gimmick going. And even then my options are literally only at coach.

So, uh, welcome aboard coach oh poo poo hes taken someone spelled his name wrong

e: Well if he can head player safety he can head this team of misfits lets go Stephane Quintal?

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Oct 7, 2021

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
whew what a day at the office

Dallas Stars select D Matt Roy from the Los Angeles Kings

He doesn't have the most attractive cap hit for his relatively short track record, but the stats say he would be a fine 17-18 minute a night player on a bottom pairing.

Buchnevich - Cirelli - Gallagher
Bunting - Terry - Radulov
Barre-Boulet - Bonino - Kase

Dumoulin - Makar
Pelech - Pulock
xxxx - Roy

Mrazek
Francouz

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Oct 7, 2021

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Sorry everyone - didn't realize the Avs were up.

They're going to take another but different sort of Roy, Nicolas Roy, because a team can never have too many centers

Kurashev - Kuznetsov - Kucherov
Killorn - JT Miller - Voracek
Colton - Carter - Brown
X - Roy - X

Chychrun - Burns
Keith - Jones
X - Timmins

Vanacek
Halak

e:
Vote 1 and his team of babies is up
and I guess also they're a bunch of young players or something

Good Soldier Svejk fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Oct 7, 2021

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Vote1 has requested in the discord to have his next turn skipped, so Technetium is now on the clock.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

The Nashville Predators are proud to select Peter Laviolette to coach our team! Welcome Peter!

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Carolina is very happy with our forwards. Liars, pests, assholes, we have a true bunch of jerks up front.

Carolina now needs the same on defense. We need grit, assholes and people who throw big checks and play old school hockey.

Therefore , Carolina is taking a big dude and a true champion to boot.

Zach Bogosian

Wilson —- Kadri —— Marchand
Perry — M Domi —- Kreider
Maroon —- A Watson —— Simmonds
Rinaldo —- E Kane —— Clutterbuck

Gudas —- Brendan Smith
Mailloux —- Bogosian

Binnington

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
COVID coach for the COVID team

Dominique Ducharme

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Arabian Jesus is up until 3:43 ET.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

Overwhelming millions every day

We'll lock down our coach with this pick

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

These later rounds were easier in past years when the Islanders sucked and I could get a guy like Scott Mayfield and his awesome contract in this round, now that they're good and people know their players this is significantly harder

Nevertheless I'm still going to find a way to draft an Isle here and take Aatu Raty - he's almost definitely not going to play in the NHL this year barring injuries but ever since his fall in the draft he's been playing amazing hockey. An awesome performance at the WJC, including a 4 goal game a few hours after being drafted, and that continued in to camp as he looked like one of the Isles' best players in this preseason and drew rave reviews from Trotz and players alike. I'll buy in to the preseason hype and have him simmer in the bottom 6 and prepare to take over Backstrom's role as 2C in a few years.

So I'll take him to play 8 minutes a night on the 4th line for this season because let's be real, I'm trying to play McDavid 28 minutes per night regardless of who is on my fourth line

Connor - McDavid - Tarasenko
Verhaeghe - Backstrom - Palmieri
Sanford - Reinhart - Fast
- Raty -

Slavin - Larsson
Giordano - Lundkvist
Greene -

Talbot
Swayman

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

The Detroit Redwings will select Barrett Hayton a somewhat struggling 5th overall pick from a couple of years ago, but he probably just wants out of Arizona and let’s hope that makes him pop.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

That thing would be a suppression monster, it's basically a better version of the Canes
Not gonna win by outscoring the opponent and the games would probably be incredibly frustrating to watch but they'll win games all the same

This is the sort of thing I was intending to go for with the Blues. That said, the team obviously needs a coach that has a record of good defensive results.

And he's coached the Blues before!

Ken Hitchcock, welcome to St. Louis!

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

The Washington Capitals select Carter Hutton.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Los Angeles proudly adds LW ERIK HAULA

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The first four coaches on my list, in no particular order, were Torts, Bruce, Hitch, and Cooper. :argh:

E- Lavi was on it too gently caress.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

CBJSprague24 posted:

The first four coaches on my list, in no particular order, were Torts, Bruce, Hitch, and Cooper. :argh:

When someone took Torts I did chuckle to myself “Sprague is gonna be pissed.”

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Go ahead and skip me, I've got a REAL fantasy draft at the top of the hour :smuggo:. I'll make my pick here later tonight.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Duckman2008 posted:

When someone took Torts I did chuckle to myself “Sprague is gonna be pissed.”

Actually, I was considering going with Boudreau or Hitch. :laffo:

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

This is probably the most important pick remaining for my gimmick and I don't trust that one of you fuckers won't be dumb enough to take him so:

The Winnipeg Jets have named - who else? - Paul Maurice as head coach.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

FBS posted:

This is probably the most important pick remaining for my gimmick and I don't trust that one of you fuckers won't be dumb enough to take him so:

The Winnipeg Jets have named - who else? - Paul Maurice as head coach.

I thought about him since he lived in Columbus for some reason but never actually coached for them.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

The Toronto Maple Leafs submit a team of lawyers to argue that Cole Caufield's name does not actually appear in the spreadsheet currently.

Failing that, we will accept the recruitment of Keswick, Ontario's Sean Walker to put up some third pairing points.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

eXXon posted:

The Toronto Maple Leafs submit a team of lawyers to argue that Cole Caufield's name does not actually appear in the spreadsheet currently.

Failing that, we will accept the recruitment of Keswick, Ontario's Sean Walker to put up some third pairing points.

I took Caufield 14 rounds ago

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Yeah I see Caufield in there at 92, not even typo'd

Lukas Raymond, on the other hand, doesn't appear to be a really hockey player so when it swings back around go ahead and just give me Lucas

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

Bolstering national faith

Overwhelming millions every day

CBJSprague24 posted:

Oh wow and I felt bad when someone sniped Barabarov this late into it

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Man, it's starting to be slim pickings. The Oilers are going to hope he stays healthy and keeps up his production from last year by picking Tomas Nosek for our third line center!

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Bruins will take Nick Paul

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Senators name Gerard Gallant as head coach

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

JawKnee requested on Discord to be skipped and can pick whenever.

stab is up until 7:06 ET.

Then:

El Gallinero Gros
fawning deference
Ginette Reno
VOTE1
tarbrush

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

shyduck posted:

Senators name Gerard Gallant as head coach

Arabian Jesus posted:

Oh wow and I felt bad when someone sniped Barabarov this late into it

Now it's my top 6 candidates.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Calgary selects LW Andreas Johnsson

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

The Devils select Jon Merrill, who has been a terrific shutdown defenseman for several years running.

Someone please update the spreadsheet for me, but this makes my current defense:

McAvoy-Toews
Tanev-Whitecloud
Merrill

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Phone posting so gimme Ben Chiarot oh ya

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Calgary selects LW Andreas Johnsson

Yikes this guy has dropped *hard*

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Andreas is a 3 million dollar 4th liner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I'll take Evan Rodriguez

Svechnikov-Hughes-Garland
Beauvillier-Seguin-Bratt
Zucker-Wennberg
Blueger-Rodriguez

Rielly-Brodie