Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

YF-23 posted:

We started getting the scenery pages when... Snout and the Ink Witch were headed to Mongreltown, I think? But I think the pace of the comic started really slowing down after the Redactor encounter. Probably mookie never really got over having it pointed out that his Ink Witch waifu OC was behaving abusively.

He took his annual break right after that encounter and I imagine that killed the momentum keeping the story going and Mookie just never recovered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

TheHan posted:

Oh yeah, and it’s funny how much emphasis is put on Serk never being able to hurt Dominic or his family again. Dude’s spent nearly all his screetime being humiliated by the Deegans. They took everything from him, they took his hair. He literally poo poo his pants. He’s not really got the history to warrant such a violent retribution.

Today’s page of the legacy is actually perfect on brand for today’s read through

Kazya’s purity has been TAINTED. Guess Arudak’s got no choice but to move on and let her rot.

jesus christ mookie get over it

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Fister Roboto posted:

The dude never got over anything about highschool, why would he now?

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
Again, the really crazy part is how totally out of nowhere it is.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

I hope it's even dumber, like, she dated another boy in orc high school before she met him

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

This is literally the only thing we know about Kazya other than that she exists/existed, her name, and her previous relationship with Arduak.

Given the sameface epidemic and mookie's inability to stay on-model I'm not even going to add "what she looks like" to that list. We saw a picture of her but if she shows up again without being clearly identified by context we won't be able to recognize her.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I find it funny that apparently the first words out of this lady's mouth were "your wife cheated on you"

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
"haha cuck" *leaves without elaborating*

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

"Another" is just the orcish word for Twizzlers.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

https://youtu.be/im6n9BXImuw

not even after 15 years

MuddyFunster
Jan 31, 2020

FUN you, EARHOLE
"With crystal clear clarity, but also vague enough that she could have meant family members, a cute puppy, chocolate chip ice cream, nice sunsets and walks on the beach, life, the universe, everything, etc"

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Marin Karin posted:

"haha cuck" *leaves without elaborating*

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Later Arudak feels very silly when he finds out Kazya was just a big fan of obscure 2012 horror-mystery anime.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Wow would ya look at how far they've come in four days.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Snout wagging his tail and smiling while thinking about them naked is very creepy.

Yes I know he's remembering the times they yelled at each other but it's still loving creepy.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Gotta make sure bared tits are on full display at every opportunity, even when doing so actively detracts from the composition of the page.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Twelve by Pies posted:

Snout wagging his tail and smiling while thinking about them naked is very creepy.

Yes I know he's remembering the times they yelled at each other but it's still loving creepy.

He's shipping them. He thinks they're falling in love. It's gross. Especially with how he's gotta picture them naked. And like it was said, Mookie has to get those poorly drawn breasts in because this is a mature comic.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Oh, so THAT'S why Ink Witch suddenly disengaged naked cuddling with Snout and Corpsemom stepped in. Mookie had decided to pair these two off instead. And as always, because Mookie knew it, all the characters knew it too.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
THE loving TAIL WAG

And I love how every single incident in this story requires multiple flashbacks and reminders of things that happened in-universe like a couple days ago

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
Snout, a character defined by kindness and curiosity, reacts to one of his friends experiencing grief by literally standing off to the side and having a shipping fantasy about him.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
This is a child's understanding of people and emotions. It just gets so creepy that he's also the authors self insert and supposed to have the mind of an adult.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Snout has the mind and mannerisms of a dog, while lacking the nobler qualities of the canine. I hate him.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

well you wouldnt want to read a comic that makes you have to think

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

TheHan posted:

Wow would ya look at how far they've come in four days.

Everything about this is disgusting

MuddyFunster
Jan 31, 2020

FUN you, EARHOLE
Christ, there's so much on this page. The long torso again. The weird shadow/scar/single hair/who knows growing out of each of her nipples. The crushing realization that, you know what, I miss the old snout faces, because these profiles look way worse somehow. I know people hate his tail and I can get behind that, but I really can't stand his feet, especially here. The one foot reminds me of a melted candle, it's revolting.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
The tail wag being 3 weird sausages with a motion line, no attemp to make the outside parts of the smear look in motion

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008
I thought that was an edit, are you serious? Why is he thinking about them nude lmao what the gently caress

This disgusting dipshit in his little baby DEAF overalls and wagging tail is loathsome

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.
Everything about this comic is just so... noxious. It keeps finding new ways to be offensive and creepy, and seems all the worse for it since Mookie genuinely thinks that it's wholesome and progressive, that Snout is a sympathetic protagonist, and that this is a cute "aww they really do love each other!" moment.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Oh, so THAT'S why Ink Witch suddenly disengaged naked cuddling with Snout and Corpsemom stepped in. Mookie had decided to pair these two off instead. And as always, because Mookie knew it, all the characters knew it too.

He got told that Ink Witch was being creepy so he made up a new love interest for Snout and got rid of Ink Witch by pairing her with the second closest male character. It's really funny. I wonder if this puts a wrench into any plans (that I'm purely speculating about here, but 100% believe in) to have her be revealed to be a Deegan. Will he shoehorn the Deegan connection to corpsewife instead? Maybe through Jacob or something. Maybe they will both be Deegans somehow and they'll be like happy they found sisters they never knew they had or something.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

So Snout literally went from a gaslighter to a physical abuser. Hooray!

But no, I don't think that ruined any plans Mookie had, as I don't believe for a moment he planned any of this.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

The thing you all have to remember is that Snout is a good boy. Good boys don't have dirty thoughts about their perfect waifus. Like with Greg and Dominic, the only way for Snout to get a love interest is for them to literally fall into his lap after saving their lives. Because Mookie ended up kyboshing that idea when he had the ink witch come back into the story in control of the abducting ship, the only alternative was to have her be the initiator on innocent little Snout. So suddenly she becomes almost aggressively sexual, but only subconsciously and accidentally, because sexually active women are bad too. That sets up the whole creepy gaslighting of the Ink Witch. Then, when the creepiness and obvious power differential is pointed out, Mookie responded by creating another waifu character that Snout could save, that is literally more helpless and ignorant than Snout was in every way, so that the power differential wouldn't be the way it was with the Ink Witch. Snout has gone from being deaf but competent, to a wide eyed child in the woods who is constantly excluded from everything, so the only person who could be more in need than him was a born-sexy-yesterday mute feral woman.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
Putting aside what everyone else said about how disconcerting the sudden nudity or Snout's tail-wagging over his friend's emotional crisis is, goddrat I thought for a second each of those flashback panels were traces of each other. They aren't, but they might as well be. What is being copied and pasted are how these are from past comics, but since they're all the same expression with the same or similar body language they make a very boring montage.

I suppose it could be argued that monotony is the point and they're finally breaking out of their cycle. It'd still be a flimsy excuse given how other poses are often reused much more blatantly. Even if these are flashbacks, maybe show them making different angry gestures at each other to spice it up a bit? Surely they didn't just stand perfectly still the entire time they argued, right? (They did, all characters and actions freeze when not on-screen.) Or even just change the viewpoint a bit so that they aren't seen at the same angles every time. I understand wanting to take shortcuts in technical work, but for pages like this the quality drop outweighs the benefits.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
Over the years Buckley from CAD has moved from a set of pre-drawn images he can bash together to like... actually drawing his comics, right? Mookie has somehow done the reverse where he's realized he can just assemble a comic out of pre-existing images. Not even in the fun Darger way but in the "I'm artistically lazy as gently caress and somehow proud of it" way. Someone needs to save him, he's only getting worse.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

FlocksOfMice posted:

Over the years Buckley from CAD has moved from a set of pre-drawn images he can bash together to like... actually drawing his comics, right? Mookie has somehow done the reverse where he's realized he can just assemble a comic out of pre-existing images. Not even in the fun Darger way but in the "I'm artistically lazy as gently caress and somehow proud of it" way. Someone needs to save him, he's only getting worse.

He only switched to digital halfway through Legacy. That's why this is happening now.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Arudak has so clearly become another Mookie self-insert, but I have my doubts he'll take Ink Mom away from self-insert prime. If anything I'm expecting them to create a totally self-insert focused polycule.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Man what an insight into Mookie's brain

A person comforts another person at their lowest point, and I just fantasize them being naked with each other

What the gently caress man

Ok just to add to that this page would actually BE FINE if the creepy third thought bubble wasn't there. Snout remembering them fighting, and now seeing one try to help the other makes him smile. But no, it had to be loving weird.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

TheHan posted:

Arudak has so clearly become another Mookie self-insert, but I have my doubts he'll take Ink Mom away from self-insert prime. If anything I'm expecting them to create a totally self-insert focused polycule.

Has he ever been that sex positive? Everything I've seen from him makes it seem like he thinks a woman that sleeps with multiple men should be slut shamed.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
Given how that one doctor in Star Power was never shamed for casually sleeping with a celebrity who later turned out to be evil, I do personally think that Mookie is slightly better in this regard than he was during the OfH days. Though that's not a high bar to clear. But there's a lot more to sex-positivity than casual sex and frolicking around naked, and the debacle with Ink Witch showed he doesn't actually want to engage with any deeper topics like consent. Plus if Arudak's girlfriend gets treated like Jayden did, that'll be another red flag.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Codependent Poster posted:

Has he ever been that sex positive? Everything I've seen from him makes it seem like he thinks a woman that sleeps with multiple men should be slut shamed.

In that blog post he made when Snout first stripped naked and laid next to a battered and unconscious Ink Witch Mookie did say he wanted to depict loving, consensual sex scenes (his words. both times he mentions sex in that post he feels the need to put consensual in front which is very weird). It implies a sort of more progressive attitude towards sex than Mookie's ever shown in the past, but if I'm being honest I do not expect any sort of reassessing of personal biases on Mookie's part and I'm sure he still has a very prudish attitude when it comes to women with multiple partners. All that being said if I imagine he'd be down with a variation of a polycule that revolves around his self-inserts.

TheHan fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Oct 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

And yet he's still doing the "necrofawn" stuff on Twitter, which appears to be some sort of twisted fantasy attempt to make necrophilia consensual.