Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

:qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Dongicus posted:

i do my part to help support and uplift POC voices by playing jrpgs and reading manga

O7

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

:rip: if it's humans he's trusting 100%

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

way to not even link it

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://imgur.com/LiA641a

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Now do Louis Riel and Sir John A MacDonald :getin:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Aurora posted:

discussion of representation in video games often results in asian characters being ignored because they are light skinned

see also that thread referring to 'ambiguously dark skinned characters' as 'a problem' because they have dark skin and arent black, instead of, you know, being a depiction of dark skinned asian people.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

More cool dark-skinned Okinawans like Umiko New Game IMO

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
have any japanese dragon quest fans or gamers there in general ever commented on the horrific poo poo sugiyama said, or has it been ignored?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I wonder if Hololive ID is informing it's fans about what Indonesia and it's culture is?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Willo567 posted:

have any japanese dragon quest fans or gamers there in general ever commented on the horrific poo poo sugiyama said, or has it been ignored?

They said lol, lmao, this owns haha

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Willo567 posted:

I'm sure there's individuals talking poo poo, but there's not much space for it in "journalism" and apparently the one gaming outlet that noted his issues back during the Olympics got dumped on hard.

https://twitter.com/gosokkyu/status/1446018541660950534

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the new dragon ball z movie looks like piss

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Stairmaster posted:

the new dragon ball z movie looks like piss

why did they make it cg

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013

Grouchio posted:

Dragon Quest composer is dead. He was also a War Crimes/Holocaust denier.
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1446014838476521474?s=20

The one good post from Resetera
https://twitter.com/LeggerzKeggerz/status/1446021422552338433?s=19

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Motto posted:

I'm sure there's individuals talking poo poo, but there's not much space for it in "journalism" and apparently the one gaming outlet that noted his issues back during the Olympics got dumped on hard.

https://twitter.com/gosokkyu/status/1446018541660950534

i'm asking because i'm afraid that with sugiyama's death, people outside of japan are going to quickly judge those in japan who are writing remembrance words about his music as bigots and racists for not mentioning the awful poo poo he supported.

i wanna make clear again that i think sugiyama was a piece of poo poo who i don't mourn at all, but i also don't want to judge those in japan who were influenced by his music, or the nostalgia people over there have for his music in dragon quest. i feel like a lot of people in the west will start calling the japanese cowards, creating a big cultural divide between the japanese and western gaming communities

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Oct 7, 2021

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

faaaarrtttt

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
People on the internet are gonna get mad for all kinds of stupid reasons. You don’t need to spend so much energy thinking about a dead fascist

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

sugitama vs whatever killed him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_g-lqFvxqg

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Spending my time worrying about the hypothetical bad posts instead of the very real ones in this thread

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Willo567 posted:

i'm asking because i'm afraid that with sugiyama's death, people outside of japan are going to quickly judge those in japan who are writing remembrance words about his music as bigots and racists for not mentioning the awful poo poo he supported.

i wanna make clear again that i think sugiyama was a piece of poo poo who i don't mourn at all, but i also don't want to judge those in japan who were influenced by his music, or the nostalgia people over there have for his music in dragon quest. i feel like a lot of people in the west will start calling the japanese cowards, creating a big cultural divide between the japanese and western gaming communities
oh my god

whoooo caaaaaaaaaaares

how does this affect anyyooooneeeeeeeee

this isnt going to destroy the connection between western and japanese 'gaming communities' lmfao

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

please just touch graaaassssssssss

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Seating at the thought that some idiot may say the Japanese are racist when the news articles don’t mention all the poo poo some guy posted, even though it is literally the case wherever you go that the media tends to not criticise the immediately dead

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Wondering why ladies aren’t attracted to me despite my being a perfect sphere, having a wheezy cough, glandular issues, and a fixation on calling them Yui

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Endorph posted:

oh my god

whoooo caaaaaaaaaaares

how does this affect anyyooooneeeeeeeee

this isnt going to destroy the connection between western and japanese 'gaming communities' lmfao

Endorph posted:

please just touch graaaassssssssss

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

I'm sorry, I have terrible anxiety and worry about the stupidest poo poo imaginable. I'm really not trying to be a nuisance, so I'll just drop the subject. Again, I'm sorry

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Willo567 posted:

I'm sorry, I have terrible anxiety and worry about the stupidest poo poo imaginable.
i understand and sympathize with that but we aren't a very healthy sounding board for it because it just immortalizes your stupid worries in sa posts while also making us have to either engage with them or ignore them. i would suggest a thought exercise such as 'im worried about this -> why? -> because... -> why would that happen? -> because... -> if that does happen, how would that affect you or anything you care about? -> because... -> what lasting impact would that have?' etc. or talking to an actual friend about it

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

you absolutely do not get to emptyquote

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Maybe dragon quest 11 will finally get a second music track, and one that's longer than twenty seconds at that!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mister Facetious posted:

Maybe dragon quest 11 will finally get a second music track, and one that's longer than twenty seconds at that!

sadly he finished composing for dq12 before he died so we still arent free of him

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Willo567 posted:

I'm sorry, I have terrible anxiety and worry about the stupidest poo poo imaginable. I'm really not trying to be a nuisance, so I'll just drop the subject. Again, I'm sorry

I can assure you that anyone who hates the entire Japanese population because of Imperial Japan's war crimes already did so with or without this composer getting praise from the general Japanese public.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

verbal enema posted:

can someone edit this into an mgs codec talk

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

lol

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Degozaru

Aurora posted:

you absolutely do not get to emptyquote
I go outside every other day for a walk. I already touch the grass. Heck I've lost ten pounds.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Oct 7, 2021