Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

free hubcaps posted:

i ordered gundam sd g generation g genesis and holy butts this game came on two carts

How does that work? Like old multi-disc games? Or do you have to install one of the two to the console first kinda like FF7R?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami

Ignis posted:

The main plugin behind the Vitadock is vita-udcd-uvc; if you just want a barebone setup without investing on a dock and a Pi, you could always just use that plugin on its own.
https://github.com/xerpi/vita-udcd-uvc

Update: I installed this and it worked. :wow:

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

free hubcaps posted:

i ordered gundam sd g generation g genesis and holy butts this game came on two carts

https://westutter.org/chapters/

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Vita gets FF3 and FF4 ports (from android)

Also, the GTA ports got pulled from a lot of places because Take 2 is suing

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The GTA trilogy (and bully) is something that should be ported to every single platform that comes out. Why they aren’t doing that I have no idea

They would make so much money

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

The GTA trilogy (and bully) is something that should be ported to every single platform that comes out. Why they aren’t doing that I have no idea

They would make so much money

Strong rumors that they are remastering all of them so they still could!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

MarcusSA posted:

Strong rumors that they are remastering all of them so they still could!

Well that would explain the suing

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
I know licensing blah blah but it's pretty funny that they're ostensibly worried about losing out on profits from too many people playing GTA ports on the Vita

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

I didn't see fl0w or rinne named in the lawsuit, they seem to have self-nuked willingly. Can't be cautious enough I guess

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is there a backup of the last known versions on mega.nz or something at least?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Take2 also tried to sue people who made mods for GTA5 single player, they're just loving terrible in every way, remaster on the horizon or no

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

If the reverse engineering projects are truly clean slate projects, then rockstar doesn’t have much ground to stand on.

The vita ports are just android ports, so those are coming down I’m sure

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Doesn't even matter if they have legal ground, they can just threaten it. A bunch of enthusiasts on github aren't going to have the money to even try to fight it in court or anything, nor want to put themselves through that. Take2 knows that and uses it to bully and get their way.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

If the reverse engineering projects are truly clean slate projects, then rockstar doesn’t have much ground to stand on.

The vita ports are just android ports, so those are coming down I’m sure

The vita ports should be fair game, the illegal part is if you get the game files without paying, but that’s not what you’re downloading from the common repositories.

But that doesn’t matter if the creators understandably don’t want to deal with the legal ordeal.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Rockstars got ten high priced lawyers and the reverse engineering teams got Lionel hutz.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
For sure that one time R* straight up flew a lawyer to a dudes house the morning after they leaked 20 seconds of rdr2 footage that a reviewing friend had sent him before the game released.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Rinkles posted:

Vita gets FF3 and FF4 ports (from android)

Also, the GTA ports got pulled from a lot of places because Take 2 is suing

There's so many versions of IV it's not even funny. I have 3 of them on my Vita already.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Walla posted:

There's so many versions of IV it's not even funny. I have 3 of them on my Vita already.

Hmm, iirc the gba has bonus dungeons while the vita had the second game as a bonus, so whats your third? Just the original?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The original yes. And the DS version on my 3DS.

Does the Android port have anything noteworthy to make it worth buying and installing?

Magic Shortbus
Jul 22, 2002

Im fairly sure the mobile version of FF4 is ported from the DS remake. There might be some QOL improvements since its a later release but not worth looking at if you already have the "3d remake" version on DS

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The DS version is my favorite so I'll happily stick with it.

Is there a way to purchase and download Android apks on a computer? I haven't found a way and having to empty my phone of apps and files for Max Payne was tedious.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
hi howdy i'm reposting this from the chat thread

i'm just wondering if there is a grip for this thing kinda like the grips for the switch and if anyone's got any recommendations. i have a bunch of cool games i want to play but something about the vita just hurts my hands if i play it for more than 30 minutes

i've tried just randomly searching and it seems like they do exist but i would love to get some feedback from someone who has tried any of them to hear if they're worth it :shobon:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Your Computer posted:

i'm just wondering if there is a grip for this thing kinda like the grips for the switch and if anyone's got any recommendations. i have a bunch of cool games i want to play but something about the vita just hurts my hands if i play it for more than 30 minutes

i've tried just randomly searching and it seems like they do exist but i would love to get some feedback from someone who has tried any of them to hear if they're worth it :shobon:

They do exist but it depends which model you have because they’re different shapes so need different grips.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

History Comes Inside! posted:

They do exist but it depends which model you have because they’re different shapes so need different grips.

oh that's a good point, sorry! I have the first gen model pch-1004

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i have a nyko power grip, and can super recommend. makes the vita way way more comfortable to use. also pretty much doubles the battery life IME, though internets say the battery often goes bad p. quick so maybe i just got lucky

e: looks like power grip for the 1000 series is all sold out though :rip:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

The Nyko grips were hard to come by even when the Vita was current

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
I have one of the 1K Nyko grips and it really makes it more comfortable to hold. The battery is absolute poo poo garbage though.

And yeah they're impossible to find anymore, sadly.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I turned my PSTV (hacked w/ SD2Vita) on after not using it for a while, and all my carefully alphabetized bubbles were in completely random order. Everything still works, but why on earth would that have happened?

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Truga posted:

i have a nyko power grip, and can super recommend. makes the vita way way more comfortable to use. also pretty much doubles the battery life IME, though internets say the battery often goes bad p. quick so maybe i just got lucky

e: looks like power grip for the 1000 series is all sold out though :rip:

There's chinese clones of the original Nyko grip. They don't have batteries, but they're cheap enough and the shape's basically the same

https://www.amazon.com/Nexilux-Handgrip-PS-VITA-1000/dp/B00V2HUWUI/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=vita+grip+1000&qid=1633437997&sr=8-2

Some people swear by the trigger grips, but personally I've never tried them out and they're far more expensive.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Pastry of the Year posted:

I turned my PSTV (hacked w/ SD2Vita) on after not using it for a while, and all my carefully alphabetized bubbles were in completely random order. Everything still works, but why on earth would that have happened?

Did you have to re-set the clock?

I don’t know about the PSTV since it doesn’t have a battery and I’ve never used one, but my Vita does some weird poo poo to my layouts if the battery runs completely flat, the first sign of which is having to re-set the clock since it obviously died.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Was the memory card ever removed even when off? I think that happens too

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Your Computer posted:

i have the hori grip that turns the back pads into trigger buttons and it owns. not near as comfortable as a switch+satisfye (still too small) but way better than stock vita. this is on the newer model

here's a link to amazon, but lol at that algorithmically generated price: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ERA94BY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Achmed Jones fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Oct 5, 2021

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

I use this trigger grip for my Vita1000 and I would say it's worth the $42 if you want triggers

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0191F6L1G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
On the subject of cases, can anyone recommend a decent hard shell for the 1000? I use these for now:

https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Aluminum-Brushed-Protector-Generation-PCH-100x/dp/B0081FKLKK

But they're so brittle and cheap, the top connectors snap off almost as soon as I remove them from the package.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Since Tetris Effect finally enabled remote play for Playstation consoles with the Connected update, I decided to dust off my Vita to try it and it's.. not bad, really. It totally playable, the Vita's d-pad is awesome for it and with a decent connection there's barely any noticeable lag. You won't do any of the super high-speed levels with it but for a short, chill game of Tetris it's perfectly fine.

The visuals do turn into porridge when the particle effects go nuts but you can tone those down. It has some of the typical remote play issues but hey, Tetris on the Vita.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Can the Vita still remote play the PS5? Weirdly I've never seen this discussed

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Can the Vita still remote play the PS5? Weirdly I've never seen this discussed

No, vita remote play relies on specific separate vita apps for the PS3 and PS4 rather than a generic “remote play” app like pc and mobile do, and Sony never made a PS5 one since the Vita was taken out back and shot before the PS5 launched.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

No, just PS4 unfortunately. I don't think PS5 remote play is in the cards.

E: So yeah, as stated above.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

History Comes Inside! posted:

Did you have to re-set the clock?

I don’t know about the PSTV since it doesn’t have a battery and I’ve never used one, but my Vita does some weird poo poo to my layouts if the battery runs completely flat, the first sign of which is having to re-set the clock since it obviously died.

Ineffiable posted:

Was the memory card ever removed even when off? I think that happens too

Clock's fine, and I haven't removed the SD2Vita in a long time. :iiam:

Thanks for the guesses, though! It's not a huge deal, it was just weird to me that the system would eat its own butt in such a peculiar but harmless way, and it made me wonder if there's anything I need to do (or not do) to keep the thing safe when not in use for a long period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

My OG Vita's clock resets every time it runs totally out of juice but all my folders stay the same though. I'd love to put a better battery into it if it weren't costly or difficult.