Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

was there a version of WWF Attitude that didn't have Owen Hart? I'm trying to remember how that went down. I know I had the version where it had a tribute logo and Owen was playable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

coconono posted:

was there a version of WWF Attitude that didn't have Owen Hart? I'm trying to remember how that went down. I know I had the version where it had a tribute logo and Owen was playable.
I checked all the versions I had at hand, and it looks like he was playable in every version except the Game Boy Color, although I only saw the dedication splash screen on startup in the N64 port.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i got a wrestling game for ya. a forums game called the best match of the 2010s tournament. it's almost to the round of 32. start voting on the matches and decide history

i'm sorry for calling it the 2010s when it's the 2000s. there's a big difference there, and what makes matters worse is that i made this mistake several times all across our great forum. well i've learned a valuable lesson here today

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Sep 28, 2021

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

So general advice - is WWE 2K19 any good as someone who gives no fucks about the fed and would only be using it to download people's AEW creations as methadone before their game is finally released?

I know I could do the same thing with Fire Pro World - but nearly all the AEW stuff involves a shitload of stuff from the DLC which would be notably more expensive than a 2nd hand copy of 2K19.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

CaptainApathyUK posted:

So general advice - is WWE 2K19 any good as someone who gives no fucks about the fed and would only be using it to download people's AEW creations as methadone before their game is finally released?

I know I could do the same thing with Fire Pro World - but nearly all the AEW stuff involves a shitload of stuff from the DLC which would be notably more expensive than a 2nd hand copy of 2K19.

With enough time and effort (you are limited to ~20 downloads every 24hrs unless there's a system clock workaround for that) you can download a pretty decent looking collection but after you get everything finally set up perfectly and get into the game.. its a slow paced, canned animation heavy gameplay where you are watching more than playing.

Its a great screenshot generator but in motion or gameplay it does not hold up unless you are making your own fun.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
2k19 is the best WWE 2k game since... like 2k14

2k15 was a new engine game and really sucked as a result and all the ones after that were mixed shades of mediocre. That said, 2k19 still isn't very great as a wrestling game in my opinion. I might be biased because I just don't like the way the game feels when you play it or the way it looks when you simulate matches. I'm also a pretty big Fire Pro guy at this point. 2k19 Is the best option for a 3D wrestling game with a lot of community creations right now though. So if you can get it cheap/used that's probably the way to go.

One important thing to keep in mind is that 2k always shuts down the servers a few months after the new games comes out. They simply skipped that process for 2k20 because it was such a huge disaster. But when 2k22 comes out it won't be long until you can't download (or upload) anything anymore.

I'd love to just recommend Fire Pro because I love the game. But the DLCs are a big hurdle and can set you back around 70 Euros if you buy them all on sale. Fire Pro also requires a lot more work when setting stuff up but that can be part of the fun too.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

CaptainApathyUK posted:

it should also be noted that there is a vast gulf in quality of CAWs between the ps4 and xb versions, with ps4 way ahead as most creators system of choice.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

IGgy IGsen posted:

2k19 is the best WWE 2k game since... like 2k14

2k15 was a new engine game and really sucked as a result and all the ones after that were mixed shades of mediocre. That said, 2k19 still isn't very great as a wrestling game in my opinion. I might be biased because I just don't like the way the game feels when you play it or the way it looks when you simulate matches. I'm also a pretty big Fire Pro guy at this point. 2k19 Is the best option for a 3D wrestling game with a lot of community creations right now though. So if you can get it cheap/used that's probably the way to go.

One important thing to keep in mind is that 2k always shuts down the servers a few months after the new games comes out. They simply skipped that process for 2k20 because it was such a huge disaster. But when 2k22 comes out it won't be long until you can't download (or upload) anything anymore.

I'd love to just recommend Fire Pro because I love the game. But the DLCs are a big hurdle and can set you back around 70 Euros if you buy them all on sale. Fire Pro also requires a lot more work when setting stuff up but that can be part of the fun too.

Normally, the new 2k comes out in October and the previous year’s server goes down in April. Because this year’s game got pushed to March, I would expect 2k19 servers to stay up until maybe September ‘22? They might close the window shorter if 2k22 is successful

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the aew game chould be a MvC2 style trios fighter with screen filling special moves based on the wrestlers gimmicks and personalities.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

STONE COLD 64 posted:

the aew game chould be a MvC2 style trios fighter with screen filling special moves based on the wrestlers gimmicks and personalities.

This in all sincerity

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/IGgyLP/status/1444976852523757568?s=20

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

neoaxd posted:

Fighting Back 2021 highlights are out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEONAup0jns

Me back then: what's nL inc?

Me now: *stone cold voice*

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

I made the mistake of buying Fire Pro Wrestling World on steam, and I've lost countless hours to the game already. Is it worth it to do all the missions to unlock all the modes? How does that work exactly? Do I have to get a certain letter grade? I was googling a way to just cheat, and all I see are cheats for PS4. I tried downloading mods, but I messed with some settings I wasn't supposed to and the game crashed, so I had to get rid of it.

Either way, this game is amazing.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Bioshuffle posted:

I made the mistake of buying Fire Pro Wrestling World on steam, and I've lost countless hours to the game already. Is it worth it to do all the missions to unlock all the modes? How does that work exactly? Do I have to get a certain letter grade? I was googling a way to just cheat, and all I see are cheats for PS4. I tried downloading mods, but I messed with some settings I wasn't supposed to and the game crashed, so I had to get rid of it.

Either way, this game is amazing.

The cheat works on PC too. It's easiest with a controller but you can do it with the keyboard too. You just have to press the keys corresponding to the actions the controller buttons of the code would perform.

You get some moves for it but with movecraft that's less important than ever.

If you want to play the missions I think simply passing is enough. But I never bothered. I played for over 1000 hours and am way in the rabbit hole but I pretty much only sim.

If you have questions about mods feel free to ask here. Mu game is modded to hell and back and somehow doesn't break. Just make sure to get the files from the modpack discord. Everything else is out of date.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Modding can be tricky unless you’re used to PC modding, it is worth it though.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

It's very worth it. You can even replace the crowd completely with custom ones if you're dedicated enough.

Made this today listening to Deadlock all day.
You can really make this game your own if you're willing to put the work into it.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

IGgy IGsen posted:

It's very worth it. You can even replace the crowd completely with custom ones if you're dedicated enough.

You can really make this game your own if you're willing to put the work into it.

I'm the guy in the yellow shirt

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Shard posted:

I'm the guy in the yellow shirt
I'm the other guy in the yellow shirt

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
In my current game of Fire Promoter, the CPU-controlled New Japan has SHO and YOH battling each other in the main event every month.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I've been curious about FirePro. Does it allow for custom entrance music?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Steve Vader posted:

Yes, but only for wrestlers you create, you can't mess with it for downloaded wrestlers or the ones in the game (though you can create a new edit, model it off the downloaded wrestler, and then customize anything you need.)

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Steve Vader posted:

Download the modpack and use the easy entrance music mod in my opinion.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Steve Vader posted:

Yes. You can customize that and some other things.
If you add the modpack to the mix the number of things you can customize drastic go up.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

IGgy IGsen posted:

Living the loving dream

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

IGgy IGsen posted:

Not enough Armed Andersons in the crowd shooting wildly and or burning other crowd members clothes.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

IGgy IGsen posted:

Listening to Deadlock but no hogdippers in the crowd.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Testekill posted:

Listening to Deadlock but no hogdippers in the crowd.

The guy who can barely be seen who is just slapping his own rear end constantly is definitely a hogdipper.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
NL Firepro tourney:

https://twitch.tv/newlegacyinc

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Stone cold voice: oh hell yeah son

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Heard you like microtransactions

https://gamerant.com/wwe-2k22-microtransactions/

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The more you spend, the more bugs mysteriously vanish.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Allow me to show you this teaser video I made for a Fire Pro tournament I'm gonna run.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av-jJ-KMO-A

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

IGgy IGsen posted:

Allow me to show you this teaser video I made for a Fire Pro tournament I'm gonna run.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av-jJ-KMO-A

Book Bobson Dugnutt

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
BOOOOO Kill Anime Girls BOOOOOOO

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

MDickie still clowning on Fire Pro years after release

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Newlegacyinc about to sim AEW Full Gear, in case you want spoilers for tomorrow!!!

https://twitch.tv/newlegacyinc

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Fired up Wrestling Empire last night after not touching it since it launched on switch and spent an hour fixing all the names of the characters.

Start my career, first match in wrestling school is against Regal. Barely a minute into the match and he's launched me out of the ring over the post, and I land square on the steps.

Health bar instantly totally red and flashing.

Regal drags me into the ring, beats the poo poo out of me some more and then pins me.

My injuries were fatal and I died, having won 0% of my 1 matches in my illustrious 1 week career.

12/10 game owns

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

joylessdivision posted:

Fired up Wrestling Empire last night after not touching it since it launched on switch and spent an hour fixing all the names of the characters.

Start my career, first match in wrestling school is against Regal. Barely a minute into the match and he's launched me out of the ring over the post, and I land square on the steps.

Regal drags me into the ring, beats the poo poo out of me some more and then pins me.

My injuries were fatal and I died, having won 0% of my 1 matches in my illustrious 1 week career.

12/10 game owns

I’m a few months into the first career that is profitable i’ve had and my biggest feud has been with the games creator’s in game avatar, which I won by crippling him. Also at some point I was given Earthquakes gimmick.

I love this game I just still don’t understand the controls after months of playing.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

joylessdivision posted:

12/10 game owns

Listen, kid, not everyone makes it to the top. In a coffin is a good little spot for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Was Regal arrested for murder?