Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

https://twitter.com/TrueAchievement/status/1446158131692777479

Been waiting for more of these. Surprised they didn't use it to fill slow news week gaps over the past year or whatever. Open the drat floodgates. I want every game available on this thing.

hell yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Gladius! God that’s a throwback. I think I rented it and never had a chance to finish it when it first came out. Weirdly excited about potentially finishing it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Laserface posted:

So the battlefield beta is a "few months old" build and so was Halo Infinites.

There is a rather stark difference between how finished both games coming out in a month feel.

I dont listen to publishers about betas. they always get the devs to say x build is old, we are working to deliver a polished experience for launch, etc but the game comes out and is still bugged in most of the same ways.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

American McGay posted:

https://twitter.com/TrueAchievement/status/1446158131692777479

Been waiting for more of these. Surprised they didn't use it to fill slow news week gaps over the past year or whatever. Open the drat floodgates. I want every game available on this thing.

I don't doubt that some more BC games are coming next month, but Chicken Little being on that list makes me doubtful of those specifically.

Gunvalkyrie is good, though!

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Someone... Still cares about advent rising?

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Ineffiable posted:

You can win a million dollars playing it!

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

hell yeah, the other full spectrum warrior

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ineffiable posted:

Me!!!

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Ineffiable posted:

Oh jeez wasn't that going to be part of some 7 part epic? Or at least a trilogy. Lol.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Zerot posted:

I don't doubt that some more BC games are coming next month, but Chicken Little being on that list makes me doubtful of those specifically.

Gunvalkyrie is good, though!

Gun. loving. Valkyrie. I would also play the poo poo out of DOA3 again.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
Does Sable run smooth yet?

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

So pissed the translucent controller preorders sold out.
This is what I get for working all day instead of poo poo posting.

Mother fucker. They are almost all $150+ on eBay already. I hope all scalpers’ god damned dicks inextinguishably catch fire.

otter fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Oct 8, 2021

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im here to report I would buy Advent Rising 2 assuming 0 orson scott card.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Blue Raider posted:

They may yet. BF betas seems to be completely divorced from where the final game ends up when it comes to quality.

BF2042 is shaping up to be head and shoulders better than BFV fwiw. I’m just stoked to have a shooter to play that isn’t a boring rear end battle royale.

I’ll keep my eye on it then. Loved the beta gameplay of Halo, but honestly I hate the aesthetic. COD is just to hide-and-seek twitchy, but I’m one of those weirdos who liked Battlefront II. Save for the microtransaction debacle.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Blue Raider posted:

That Procession to Calvary game is pretty funny and worth a Game Pass shot if you like point and clicks or Monty Python

I have to second this recommendation.

5 minutes in and I have laughed multiple times to the absurdity of this all.
Works great on xsx and has beautifully 'ripped straight from classical paintings' graphics.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

adhuin posted:

Works great on xsx and has beautifully 'ripped straight from classical paintings' graphics.

After how dissapointed I was in AI this sounds good

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Ineffiable posted:

Tommy Tallarico might.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Red Warrior posted:

Oh jeez wasn't that going to be part of some 7 part epic? Or at least a trilogy. Lol.

Yes. Their website used to be AdventTrilogy dot com. They also had a spin off game in development for the PSP called Advent Shadow (cancelled).

Barudak posted:

Im here to report I would buy Advent Rising 2 assuming 0 orson scott card.

I think he was hired to punch up the dialogue, but everybody just assumed he worked on the story. I wouldn't be surprised if that was some sort of intentional marketing ploy.

ErrEff posted:

Tommy Tallarico might.

He might be too busy right now convincing that the Intellivision Amico totally isn't a scam, okay.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Oct 8, 2021

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mierenneuker posted:

Yes. Their website used to be AdventTrilogy dot com. They also had a spin off game in development for the PSP called Advent Shadow.

I think he was hired to punch up the dialogue, but everybody just assumed he worked on the story. I wouldn't be surprised if that was some sort of intentional market ploy.

This is my understanding as well, so cutting him out should be easy, but still don't want him getting a cent

StarBegotten
Mar 23, 2016

Matt McMuscles (of former 'Best Friends Play' fame) did a pretty good video on Advent Rising as part of his 'What Happun?' series where he examines famous video game failures, worth a look :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzFYfAblx1E

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

adhuin posted:

I looked it up, and the dev is just one guy. He’s fairly clever too. Juxtaposing the slaughter of a medieval village in the early Renaissance with a band in the background literally playing Stars and Stripes Forever over the carnage is pretty rich.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Been playing NFL 2K5 on the OG Xbox lately. Apparently the 360 emulation performance hit is VERY real on that game because it runs much better on the OG.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Morrowind ran better on OG than 360 believe it or not.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Blue Raider posted:

Morrowind ran better on OG than 360 believe it or not.

And it runs best on a series S/X. 60 fps all the way and extremely short loading times.

it's on game pass and you should all play it.

vv Still waiting on the Kingdom Come FPS boost which will probably never come.

John F Bennett fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Oct 8, 2021

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Yep, Morrowind and New Vegas, both backwards compatible, are the best games of their kind and it’s not even close.

Kingdom Come Deliverance is right beside them in quality if you want to cast your net a little wider. It’s not quite as accessible as modern Bethesda type games, but then Morrowind isn’t either.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Oh my god this Avengers game is so bad. I can feel the money oozing out of it but its so bad, how did you make a game this bad with this much money

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I’m considering pulling the trigger on a Scuf controller because my first gen Elite is losing the rubber on one side, but it costs half as much as a console.

I've had a scuf and an elite 2 now and the elite is far superior in terms of build quality. The scuf paddles just broke eventually through normal use and the rubber on the sticks warped and melted in a really unpleasant way, again through use.

And yes. I do clean my hands after eating my giant bag of cheetos.

I don't know if it's changed but the scuf also didn't come with any extra buttons or a case and cost £40 more. Huge waste of money.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Barudak posted:

Oh my god this Avengers game is so bad. I can feel the money oozing out of it but its so bad, how did you make a game this bad with this much money

I’m extremely ashamed to admit that I’m enjoying it more and more as I play it. My main complaint thus far is the rate of progression in the main story. Also the fact that Hulk’s attacks can be blocked by regular enemies is a sin that cannot be forgiven.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

John F Bennett posted:

vv Still waiting on the Kingdom Come FPS boost which will probably never come.

:negative:

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

ClydeFrog posted:

I've had a scuf and an elite 2 now and the elite is far superior in terms of build quality. The scuf paddles just broke eventually through normal use and the rubber on the sticks warped and melted in a really unpleasant way, again through use.

And yes. I do clean my hands after eating my giant bag of cheetos.

I don't know if it's changed but the scuf also didn't come with any extra buttons or a case and cost £40 more. Huge waste of money.

The paddles on my elite v2 are wearing out. Not the actual buttons but the little hook area the paddles connect to. The metal paddle is harder than the plastic and naturally has chewed it out making one paddle feel very mushy. Actuate the button directly and it feels fine though.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Hell yeah Gladius and Gunvalkyrie.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

All I remember about Gunvalkyrie was the Y axis was mandatorily inverted with no way to swap. That or I was tremendously awful at it, but I just remember it being absolutely brutal to control for its difficulty.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

StarBegotten posted:

Matt McMuscles (of former 'Best Friends Play' fame) did a pretty good video on Advent Rising as part of his 'What Happun?' series where he examines famous video game failures, worth a look :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzFYfAblx1E

lol @ this video.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

MarcusSA posted:

lol @ this video.

Matt's awesome. I like him so much I actually go to the two best friends subreddit.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lammasu posted:

Matt's awesome. I like him so much I actually go to the two best friends subreddit.

I’m definitely going to watch more of his stuff later. I love stuff like this.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I loved Far Cry 4, but the only fun to be had in FC5 was just stealing a jeep or something and driving through the drug flowers. Somehow they made a game about killing MAGA style cultists boring, and honestly, that's kinda impressive in a sad way. I'm hoping that FC6 is a return to form for it, but I'm also thinking I'll wait for a sale to grab it.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Is Far Cry: Caveman any good? That’s in my backlog. I’m playing Mad Max right now; my standards are pretty low.

Sterf
Dec 31, 2004

Are any of the Styx games 60fps? They seem fun to try out but xbox has spoiled me and 30fps just feels janky now.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Man, coming from the Halo test flight, BF2042 is boring as hell. It takes a gazillion years to get to the action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

John F Bennett posted:

It takes a gazillion years to get to the action.

This feels like every Battlefield game to me.