Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Goops is gone, never to return.

Because we have an alt-text.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010
so is this the first page with goops that gets alt text?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

egg tats posted:

Hasn't the alt-text come back on pages where she's present but gone by the end of the page? Which is... kind of what's happening here?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

This page is a good example, where Goops leaves during the page and there's alt text. It's another song lyric too.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yay she's not dead! Oh no she's not dead

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yay she's not dead! Oh no she's not dead

And she is about to make that everyone else's problem

GrayGriffin
Apr 30, 2017

egg tats posted:

The past few pages have technically had alt text, with each page having an increasing number of periods. The default "no alt text" is just repeating the chapter and page number of the comic.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

I'm really interested in seeing what Anemone has to say about this situation. I wouldn't put it past her to just talk about a recipe for pumpkin cupcakes or something though.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
See, everything went great.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Goops, this not what people mean by walking a mile in their shoes

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

MJeff posted:

See, everything went great.

Is this not how everything being fine looks? I was under the impression everything was fine.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Well, pretty much what I was expecting but also very much what I did not want to happen. I still can’t shake my feeling that Goops was going after Tessa specifically. Like, this all seems to have worked out so well for her, that I don’t see this as anything but a culminating moment in a long held plan.

Then again, maybe she got lucky with Tessa as a target of opportunity and she just serves Goops’ purpose as a means to an end, but I don’t think so. I think she killed those kids on purpose.

Julius CSAR fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Oct 8, 2021

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

And here, we, goooooooooo. :unsmigghh:

nimby posted:

I'm really interested in seeing what Anemone has to say about this situation. I wouldn't put it past her to just talk about a recipe for pumpkin cupcakes or something though.

It's gonna be this or silent horror.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

It's poll time losers!

Man, this takes me back to right back when we started the thread.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Choosing Anemone as my number 1 again. Always fun when she appears.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I put Zoe, Mingxing, Undyne’s Mom (write-in), Goops, and Kokoro. Idk if they’re actually my favorites, but they’re how I want to vote.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Zoe, Rue, Bud, Kokoro, Undine. In that order.

I feel bad for leaving out other characters I really like (Vedika, Harley, Undine's mom) but what can ya do. Only got five votes.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Auntie made the list, and Bud is (as always) on my list twice.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Zoe, Rue, Undine, Cassidy, Bud. I had Cass and bud higher since I do wish I could have a side comic of Cass being Isekaied into Kingdom hearts to fight bad guys/evil representations of her negative aspects while she grows as a person (and Bud's smug smile is great) but Rue is the Druid to Zoe's Ranger (and when I think about it Ranger Druid Monk Warlock sounds like a good team setup, everyone has a bit of magic or healing and isn't as pigeonholed) and Undine is too Water magical girl to put any lower.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
Voted all Dill

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Disgusting lack of Eggbaby voting in the Something Awful Sleepless Domain thread.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Zoe's my #1. She's got a cool design, her powers are rad, her transformation sequence is rad. I like how her character development is progressing, her partnering with Rue is very cool. Just so man ygood things about zoe!

Third was Anemone, she's also got a fun design and power, and I liked how she entered the story "for real" and also liked how she regrets everything and BOY I CANT WAIT TO SEE HER REACTION TO THIS!!!!

4th was Undine, 5th was Kokoro. They're great main characters so I wanted them rep but also they don't need extra, it's fine.

2nd was my girl, Gabby. Which yes might be entirely on the back of chuckling to myself about her being just off screen in the training room when Undine plot dumps to the other girls, but to that I say we need more Gabby. I was kind of bummed we never checked in on her in the immediate Cassidy after math, especially when we found out that she was in rough shape. She's interesting, drat it!!

E": I FORGOT TO VOTE FOR RUE!

BLINDED BY MEMES

rannum fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Oct 8, 2021

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Cassidy, Zoe, Rue, Bud, Goops.

Goops gets a vote because she's an excellent villain, Cassidy gets #1 because she went out swinging and actually harmed Goops. Zoe, Rue, and Bud are pretty self explanatory.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Vote goops as #1 you cowards. I just want to see the meta commentary on such an event.
I did not actually put Goops as my number 1.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
It would’ve been really funny if Tessa had walked out there just to poo poo talk goops. Like she comes up and Tessa just goes “Oh look. A slime approaches.”

:smith:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Anemone, Kokoro, Zoe, Bud, Gabby (mostly for laughs) for me but dang shoulda voted for Dill, or maybe Catfe waitress/cats or maybe one of the monsters

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

rannum posted:

Zoe's my #1. She's got a cool design, her powers are rad, her transformation sequence is rad. I like how her character development is progressing, her partnering with Rue is very cool. Just so man ygood things about zoe!

Ditto here! I had to give my #2 to Kokoro even though she's a main character and doesn't need it, because god drat is Kokoro a great character.

Then I ended up going with Amahle, Rue, Anemone. Undine probably should be on that list, and Bud, and Harley, and there's too many good characters in this webcomic and it's a problem.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Ditto here! I had to give my #2 to Kokoro even though she's a main character and doesn't need it, because god drat is Kokoro a great character.

Some inside baseball from Phoenix on the discord, apparently in previous polls relatively few people put Kokoro as their #1, but enough put her as #2 behind either Undine or Zoe that she sailed ahead to victory anyway.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Zoe, Rue, Kokoro, Bud, Tessa for me, thanks.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Dear god why must you make me choose.

You’re a monster, Cagle.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Last time I voted entirely for Cassidy in every position.

I didn't this time but I wonder how that worked out, numbers-wise.

a computing pun
Jan 1, 2013
Absolutely cowardly choice by mary cagle to remove "Nicodemus (friendly rat)" from the character poll this year, presumably intimidated by the degree to which he would have swept the results. i was forced to submit a write-in ballot in his name.

other positions went to bud, HP, mingxing, and tessa, in some order i don't remember

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

a computing pun posted:

Absolutely cowardly choice by mary cagle to remove "Nicodemus (friendly rat)" from the character poll this year, presumably intimidated by the degree to which he would have swept the results. i was forced to submit a write-in ballot in his name.
Finally, someone else gets it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Kokoro, Tessa, Goops, Undine, EGGBABY

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
If I'm the only person to vote for Undine's Mom, I'm going to be very disappointed in you all.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

A vote for Tessa is a vote for Goops.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

My picks were Zoe, Harley, Sylvia, Sally, and Mysterious Ring Of Action Effects-chan

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Malpais Legate posted:

Last time I voted entirely for Cassidy in every position.

I didn't this time but I wonder how that worked out, numbers-wise.

Phoenix has said that all the lower votes for the same person are discarded, so it's the same as voting Cassidy number one and leaving the rest blank.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

idonotlikepeas posted:

Phoenix has said that all the lower votes for the same person are discarded, so it's the same as voting Cassidy number one and leaving the rest blank.

This is tyranny!!

Also I checked my posts in the thread, apparently I did this TWICE. This time I did not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Cool

Cool cool cool cool cool co