Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Dr. Poz posted:

I don't know if it was a direct threat, but it was when the Bess Kalb stuff got rehashed. Basically when she wasn't verbally abusing a black bernie supporting camera operator she would ask Jack why hillary supporters werent seen as funny or cool. The story always stuck out to me because I remembered her as a past twitter main character. She had a notable, early entry in the "I hated Bush, but like him now because Trump!" genre.

is working on show business just being surrounded by these psychos? low information and yet insanely passionate. I know a warrenite in animation who works for disney and wouldn't shut the gently caress up with the hillary talking points about bernie. sierra blanca, this sierra blanca that, didn't know the first thing about nuclear waste and was just quoting. ended up both sideing israel during the summer and then shut up

oh and she voted for warren in california in a total wasted move, encouraged other people to vote for her because you only get so few chances to vote for a woman, then called her mom in new york begging her to vote for bernie. and yes she is rich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

crepeface posted:

yeah I deleted the feed and re-added it and and no change. wonder if it's my app

yeah weird. generally pocketcasts is pretty good, i like it a lot, but i guess sometimes it fucks up. i've got a few podcasts like cumtown and sometimes chapo where it won't play when i press play and i gotta skip forward 10seconds and then go back. but it's also totally possible the mp3 host can be bugged out too.

i'm hoping the whole Stitcher Experiment comes to an end because stitcher sucks rear end so hopefully going forward they're available on any platform.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Judakel posted:

is working on show business just being surrounded by these psychos? low information and yet insanely passionate. I know a warrenite in animation who works for disney and wouldn't shut the gently caress up with the hillary talking points about bernie. sierra blanca, this sierra blanca that, didn't know the first thing about nuclear waste and was just quoting. ended up both sideing israel during the summer and then shut up

oh and she voted for warren in california in a total wasted move, encouraged other people to vote for her because you only get so few chances to vote for a woman, then called her mom in new york begging her to vote for bernie. and yes she is rich

they're all rich recipients of nepotism who don't know any normal people of course they're freaks

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Familiar with Production Assistants in both the small capacity that I encounter them and my sister who's trying to get into the industry, and half of them are dumb as poo poo and there because they're someone's nephew/niece/etc. Now imagine they advance in the industry and the absolutely unearned superiority complex they'd develop. Hence there propensity to dogshit politics.

Dr. Poz
Sep 8, 2003

Dr. Poz just diagnosed you with a serious case of being a pussy. Now get back out there and hit them till you can't remember your kid's name.

Pillbug
The head writer of the Kimmel show is his wife.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
do you think anyone will come for Kimmel when Zoomers discover Carl Malone? I feel like they try to take out RDJ every 3-4 years as a new crop unearths Tropic Thunder

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Bust Rodd posted:

do you think anyone will come for Kimmel when Zoomers discover Carl Malone? I feel like they try to take out RDJ every 3-4 years as a new crop unearths Tropic Thunder

Tropic Thunder is great wtf is the problem

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

RDJ was so fuckin good in tropic thunder

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Bust Rodd posted:

lol forever that he got nominated for an oscar for that

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
it was maybe the only instance of a Hollywood movie about Hollywood being good

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

even all the cameos are good. it took me like three quarters of the movie to realize the producer was tom cruise

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Mike Duncan on 1/6:

Mike Duncan on Kornilov: well shucks guys let's not be too hasty here...

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Lol

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
this mike duncan guy sounds like a real dumbass

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

gradenko_2000 posted:

Mike Duncan on 1/6:

lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

Mike Duncan on 1/6:

a good post

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
what the /gently caress/ is with the online left and the sopranos

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hey, ah, Tone, y'know she's only in seventh grade, right?

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
https://twitter.com/mikeduncan/status/1446454533329129483

To be fair he does say here that he thinks it was a coup attempt, just not that it was a fascist one.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Shipon posted:

what the /gently caress/ is with the online left and the sopranos

Controversial opinion I don't think the Sopranos is that good and every other elder millennial leftist that looks back on it fondly outs just the nostalgia glasses of it being the late 90s/ early 2000s, the just time people had hope for future.

Same thing with why so many people watch an unfunny bit of TV like friends

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Not to be the "acktually" guy but if you're pre Mussolini then its proto-fascism not capital F Fascism.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

i first watched it (i mean really watched it, of course i was generally aware of it and knew who the characters were) in the late '10s so there's no nostalgia going on, it's just a dark comedy i really like

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
it sucks guys like duncan don't realize every politician and political party everywhere files frivolous lawsuits after elections to try to get them tossed out, it's no big deal, its part of the game. but because some fat tourists showed up it suddenly became a huge deal

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

i like The Sopranos but I can't imagine liking it enough to have even a fleeting interest in the awful looking prequel movie.

is that all they talk about on the new Chapo by the way? if so instant skip

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

AnEdgelord posted:

Not to be the "acktually" guy but if you're pre Mussolini then its proto-fascism not capital F Fascism.

wasn't the zemgor that Prince Lvov was involved with fairly close to what the 'actual' fascism was? A cooperation between state and business?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the most significant thing that happened, that definitely happened, on Jan 6 was the Tasing of the Balls.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

uber_stoat posted:

the most significant thing that happened, that definitely happened, on Jan 6 was the Tasing of the Balls.

cringy gangtag not withstanding, it's beaten out by the polycule air force chick who got murked

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

cringy gangtag not withstanding, it's beaten out by the polycule air force chick who got murked

When a poly person dies they leave behind multiple widows 😔

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

i like The Sopranos but I can't imagine liking it enough to have even a fleeting interest in the awful looking prequel movie.

is that all they talk about on the new Chapo by the way? if so instant skip

I’m going to listen to it now, but if it’s a movie ep I’m sure that’s the case. I got about 2 seasons through The Sopranos last time I tried, it was similar to when I tried to watch Madmen where after season 2 I though “there’s how many more of these?”

TV is weird since prestige tv and streaming became things because it’s like watching a movie that’s 200 long.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

TheMightyBoops posted:

I’m going to listen to it now, but if it’s a movie ep I’m sure that’s the case. I got about 2 seasons through The Sopranos last time I tried, it was similar to when I tried to watch Madmen where after season 2 I though “there’s how many more of these?”

TV is weird since prestige tv and streaming became things because it’s like watching a movie that’s 200 long.

you did the right thing. skip ahead and watch the one off episode about the chechen but that's it. after season 2 of sopranos the only real antagonist died irl and tony simply solved every problem with murder after waffling for a while about what to do

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I want to watch the Sopranos because everyone I like and listen to and respect says it’s good, but honestly actually undertaking watching a 7 season prestige drama from 20 years ago sounds exhausting. I can handle maybe 3 episodes in a sitting, max, before I fall asleep or before I gotta go stretch my legs and walk my dog or something. I haven’t been able to sit on my rear end and stare at a screen all day since college.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

why don’t you just watch one episode per week, watching six hours of tv in one day is not normal or good

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

inferis posted:

why don’t you just watch one episode per week, watching six hours of tv in one day is not normal or good

this

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

inferis posted:

Because if you watch it that slowly A: you won't finish until well after the current Sopranos craze has died down so you won't be able to talk about it with people and B: If you start watching the show very slowly in this current Sopranos craze, you're guaranteed to get spoiled on it. I've seen tons of Sopranos spoilers and they don't stick because I don't know anything about the show. So if I see a tweet about the time Jimmy the Shoes got shot by Dicky Camarillo, it's meaningless and instantly forgotten. If I started watching the show and got really invested in Dicky Camarillo's journey towards recovery, only to then be spoiled that he falls back into the life by killed Jimmy the Shoes no less, It would be annoying.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

watching tv is too hard

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Gripweed posted:

Because if you watch it that slowly A: you won't finish until well after the current Sopranos craze has died down so you won't be able to talk about it with people and B: If you start watching the show very slowly in this current Sopranos craze, you're guaranteed to get spoiled on it. I've seen tons of Sopranos spoilers and they don't stick because I don't know anything about the show. So if I see a tweet about the time Jimmy the Shoes got shot by Dicky Camarillo, it's meaningless and instantly forgotten. If I started watching the show and got really invested in Dicky Camarillo's journey towards recovery, only to then be spoiled that he falls back into the life by killed Jimmy the Shoes no less, It would be annoying.

being "spoiled" about a story does not diminish the quality of a story, and if you're only watching something because everyone else likes it, well maybe just read plot summaries and stop wasting your time

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

mastershakeman posted:

you did the right thing. skip ahead and watch the one off episode about the chechen but that's it. after season 2 of sopranos the only real antagonist died irl and tony simply solved every problem with murder after waffling for a while about what to do

Lol

Lotta bad posts on this page

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

inferis posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Just watch the show. Jesus Christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
*me mindlessly watching an entire season of a show every day for a week and remembering three things that happened and two character names*

It was ok I guess