Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

I bet Barca would let Aguero go for the right price

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I'm just looking forward to comedy 9 figgie signing in January with the rest of the squad largely unchanged. Who's it going to be?

mbappe and you're going to cry

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I'm just looking forward to comedy 9 figgie signing in January with the rest of the squad largely unchanged. Who's it going to be?

Their first moves are always Portuguese and South American players with shady third party ownership deals, so look for them to raid the Portuguese League and all of the Eastern European teams where they stash third party players first imo.

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

My Newcastle January transfer prediction is Coutinho lol

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

the popes toes posted:

I'm rather new to this footy business, so I'll ask a perhaps dumb question.

If you were a rich as gently caress Arab, it would seem more interesting, more challenging, and perhaps less expensive at first, to buy, say, Millwall, or any other English League team, and improve it to the point where got promoted. At least there would be some drama.

Why isn't this route ever taken by the billionaires? Senseless to try to think like a billionaire, I know.

Then you end up like Ryan Reynolds and co who bought Wrexham and now rage about what a poo poo show that league is.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Yeah as much as the premier league are corrupt reptile monsters at least they're mostly efficient. Just imagine having to deal with the EFL who i assume are still working through correspondence from the 98-99 season

Benadryl Brownie
Aug 18, 2005

Haway les gars

greazeball posted:

I bet Barca would let Luuk De Jong go for the right price

Fixed that.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

qirex posted:

Yeah it's a veritable who's who of [...] garbage

at least they're consistent

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Lol go on newcastle. make football in the northeast better, but also so much grottier.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
If the results don't happen it'll be real weird seeing "SAUDIS OUT" banners in st james park

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
wouldn't dare mate you'd get your head chopped off for that sort of thing round here

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
First transfer will be Roman Abrahamovich transferring 4 million Palestinians from the West Bank to Newcastle.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Jose posted:

would've thought you and all the other italian football watchers would appreciate this meaning inter aren't getting bought by the saudis

i thought they were in for both

inter seems like a steal but then again if i'm thinking purely in terms of profiting off my investment tbh newcastle seems like a genius club to buy. you dont have to do any of the hard work in building up soft strength of the club, there's a ton of supporters already. if the saudis can hold their breath and not expect any roi in the first handful of years they'll probably be making money hand over fist down the line, just existing in the PL year over year is like printing money lol

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

also i really, genuinely don't ask much from you god, but i think this would be a great chance for some real comedy if bruce stayed on as manager and ended up managing a billion pound squad. please let that happen.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Stefano Brucellici

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

tbp posted:

also i really, genuinely don't ask much from you god, but i think this would be a great chance for some real comedy if bruce stayed on as manager and ended up managing a billion pound squad. please let that happen.

This happened with mark hughes it wasnt that funny

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Eau de MacGowan posted:

I disagree

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
they're gonna appoint yohan kebab as manager

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Yohan Canaye

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Eau de MacGowan posted:

It was pretty funny OP

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Eau de MacGowan posted:

blue footed boobie posted:

It was pretty funny OP

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

qirex posted:

Also you can’t fool me these are all the same person cloned several times

it's called inbreeding m8

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Infinite money and he bought Roque Santa Cruz from Blackburn lol.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
who is going to be #roquesantacans

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Canny Ings, probably.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

EC10 posted:

it's called inbreeding m8

Turn on your monitor

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Just popping into the prem thread to say gently caress off newcastle I thought we were friends and hated Mike Ashley together

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Can't wait to see where he ends up next. Sports Direct@Pride Park please

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

if they dont keep steve bruce i hope they give pirlo the job

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Can someone explain the Newcastle can thing to me please

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Newcastle cans thing. Cans.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
it's cans what don't you get

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

tbp posted:

if they dont keep steve bruce i hope they give pirlo the job

Cans

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Time for Paolo di Canio to move back to the Northeast

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Looking forward to seeing Emre Can back in the Prem

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

CANS!!!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Emre Can is very confused as to why he's being linked to Newcastle all of a sudden.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Is it not this amazing interview;

https://twitter.com/ladbible/status/1446404367570067482?s=21

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Frankston posted:

Can someone explain the Newcastle can thing to me please
very nice

to answer the question, cans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths
Sad that the newcastle fans are thinking it'll be the next PSG/City/Chelsea but in reality it'll probably be closer to Ashton Villa, complete with getting relegated next year and dipping into the championship for a few years before bouncing back up on the backs of a few youth talents or worse off maybe even doing a QPR in that they'll buy overpriced washouts from big clubs give them loads of wages for mediocrity and then when KSA realizes the investment isn't paying dividends left to dither along in mediocrity.

Newcastles training facilities are dogshit, and outside of Allain Saint Maxim so is the team so no top manager will wanna go there (lmao at people thinking Conte or Mourinho will go right now) and no top player either... I reckon they'll bring in AVB, Big Sam, or some former big name player who can't manage like Frank de Boer, Frank Lampard, or someshit. (For a moment, imagine Steven Gerrard, though I guess he's doing alright with Rangers.)