Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

ol yeller posted:

psychotic short dream:
dsp was doing a dsp tries it where he was eating a bit footlong hotdog and he was going "oh man, this sure is a plump juicy weiner hahahaha. (german accent) i love this big weiner aww yes! ackackack. actually it tastes great *sucks on it* mmm yummy weiner *sucks on it and jerks it off before squirting mustard all over his open mouth* ahahahahahtuhuhuh." and i was freaking out about how this was so much bait for detractors. so i went to snort burnells channel and it was gone. instead the top video was from 3 hours before and it said RIP SNORT and it was a tearful obituary to snort burnell who died of dysentery earlier that day.

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ol yeller posted:

psychotic short dream:
dsp was doing a dsp tries it where he was eating a bit footlong hotdog and he was going "oh man, this sure is a plump juicy weiner hahahaha. (german accent) i love this big weiner aww yes! ackackack. actually it tastes great *sucks on it* mmm yummy weiner *sucks on it and jerks it off before squirting mustard all over his open mouth* ahahahahahtuhuhuh." and i was freaking out about how this was so much bait for detractors. so i went to snort burnells channel and it was gone. instead the top video was from 3 hours before and it said RIP SNORT and it was a tearful obituary to snort burnell who died of dysentery earlier that day.

lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

not sure what I dreamt but the wife told me I mumbled "fire enchanted had to die right on my pillow, i just washed it..fucker" this morning.

diablo 2 is driving me insane

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

extremebuff posted:

not sure what I dreamt but the wife told me I mumbled "fire enchanted had to die right on my pillow, i just washed it..fucker" this morning.

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bob I tuned into your stream a few nights ago when you were playing Oblivion and your wife called you a pussy.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

extremebuff posted:

lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Bob I tuned into your stream a few nights ago when you were playing Oblivion and your wife called you a pussy.

she does not believe in the quicksave button

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

extremebuff posted:

I think other than after doing tedious inventory poo poo or whatever people’s enjoyment of those games would improve a little if they didn’t quick save every few steps. Though a lot of poo poo is tedious in that game. Lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Wormskull posted:

I think other than after doing tedious inventory poo poo or whatever people’s enjoyment of those games would improve a little if they didn’t quick save every few steps. Though a lot of poo poo is tedious in that game. Lol

oblivion specifically is glitchy as hell so it's easy to lose like 20 minutes of gameplay because mazoga the orc is locked in an eternal battle with the countess or w/e.

i remember one combat i had to do over three times because i kept getting over-encumbered for what seemed like no reason and it turned out that one of the dudes i was looting with "take all" had like 1000 glass arrows, which was too much for the UI to display

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bicyclops posted:

oblivion specifically is glitchy as hell so it's easy to lose like 20 minutes of gameplay because mazoga the orc is locked in an eternal battle with the countess or w/e.

i remember one combat i had to do over three times because i kept getting over-encumbered for what seemed like no reason and it turned out that one of the dudes i was looting with "take all" had like 1000 glass arrows, which was too much for the UI to display

lol trolling after death

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

elf help book posted:

lol trolling after death

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

extremebuff posted:

im one of those freaks who only saves when I'm ready to be done playing and normally its fine but whenever I run into a game that doesn't autosave or crashes or w.e. I get so mad lol. Serious baby rage, because I know it's my fault for being too lazy to save.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

im one of those freaks who only saves when I'm ready to be done playing and normally its fine but whenever I run into a game that doesn't autosave or crashes or w.e. I get so mad lol. Serious baby rage, because I know it's my fault for being too lazy to save.

I was like this until about a year ago when I lost an entire game to a corrupted save. I don’t even remember which game it was but it traumatized me into having multiple save files and obsessively saving at every possible opportunity

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

for me its 50/50 "oblivion likes to crash" and "I wonder if this npc will do something rad if I piss them off" because oblivion is full of innocuous npcs that secretly have a whole arsenal of cool spells in a fight lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I’ve been an obsessive quicksaver since I was a kid since for a long time we always had an underpowered PC so I would routinely lose time in Half-Life etc. to crashes.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I was like this until about a year ago when I lost an entire game to a corrupted save. I don’t even remember which game it was but it traumatized me into having multiple save files and obsessively saving at every possible opportunity
:hai:

fallout new vegas has a good mod that generates timestamped save files at regular intervals and it gives me a zen feeling knowing i wont do stuff like lose my 200 hour morrowind save again

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

extremebuff posted:

for me its 50/50 "oblivion likes to crash" and "I wonder if this npc will do something rad if I piss them off" because oblivion is full of innocuous npcs that secretly have a whole arsenal of cool spells in a fight lol

it's also fun to waltz over to the mage's college once in awhile and go to the garden with all the students, cast an area of effect frenzy spell and watch them all summon bits of daedric armor and try to pummel each other to death in their underwear.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Illusion was my favorite way to play also but it gets to tedious and they basically don’t want you to have too much fun with it. I used it in Morrowind a lot IIRC and it was pretty cool. But it’s a lot easier to avoid combat in Morrowind.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

taking spell creation out was the biggest mistake that skyrim made IMO. being able to make a spell that deals fire damage over time and turns you invisible so the NPCs were just kind of walking around like the WIsh You Were Here album cover ftw.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

it's also fun to waltz over to the mage's college once in awhile and go to the garden with all the students, cast an area of effect frenzy spell and watch them all summon bits of daedric armor and try to pummel each other to death in their underwear.

Lmao this.

I wish Oblivion didnt take out levitation

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I didn't play much morrowind but the only memory I have of it is scraping enough resources together to make the world worst amulet of levitation and slowly floating over a mountain at like 1 ft/s

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Plebian Parasite posted:

I didn't play much morrowind but the only memory I have of it is scraping enough resources together to make the world worst amulet of levitation and slowly floating over a mountain at like 1 ft/s

lmao morrowind rules

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mbt posted:

Lmao this.

I wish Oblivion didnt take out levitation

Skyrim has it thankfully

https://youtu.be/3SYe1plGuDk

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

had this long dream where i was auditioning for a play. most of it was rehashing stuff from high school, college, old jobs through the setting and you don't want to hear about that stuff, but relevant is that the play appeared to be some kind of romcom where the guy who's with the female lead but is bad for her turns out to be a secretly a Nazi (like, an actual, original Nazi from World War 2 era Germany). i forget if he was time traveling or didn't age or whatever, but the play definitely took place in a contemporary American setting. when the Nazi revealed himself, he was supposed to start talking in a German accent. i was auditioning for (and was confident about landing) the friend that the female lead always should have been with, who, after the nazi surprise, reveals himself to be an undercover World War 2 British military operative, starts talking in a received pronunciation british accent, and punches the Nazi in the face before sweeping the girl off her feet.

most of the dream was about the drama of the audition itself (there were also people auditioning for stuff like tech roles and all of them were asking me for help, the director was kind of intimidating and i seemed to be the only one that wasn't afraid of him), but at one point in the middle of the whole thing, the director started screaming "get out! get out of here! i've told you never to set foot here!" it turned out Lowtax was trying to get in. he was begging the director to give him a chance at the romantic lead because he was convinced that punching out a Nazi on stage would rehabilitate his image, and he kept trying to do a British accent that ended up sounding like a bad new york accent. some of the people auditioning to be lighting techs dragged him away and he screamed like he was being taken to be executed. the director yelled that there was no role for a sad clown in this play and then moved on.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

had this long dream where i was auditioning for a play. most of it was rehashing stuff from high school, college, old jobs through the setting and you don't want to hear about that stuff, but relevant is that the play appeared to be some kind of romcom where the guy who's with the female lead but is bad for her turns out to be a secretly a Nazi (like, an actual, original Nazi from World War 2 era Germany). i forget if he was time traveling or didn't age or whatever, but the play definitely took place in a contemporary American setting. when the Nazi revealed himself, he was supposed to start talking in a German accent. i was auditioning for (and was confident about landing) the friend that the female lead always should have been with, who, after the nazi surprise, reveals himself to be an undercover World War 2 British military operative, starts talking in a received pronunciation british accent, and punches the Nazi in the face before sweeping the girl off her feet.

most of the dream was about the drama of the audition itself (there were also people auditioning for stuff like tech roles and all of them were asking me for help, the director was kind of intimidating and i seemed to be the only one that wasn't afraid of him), but at one point in the middle of the whole thing, the director started screaming "get out! get out of here! i've told you never to set foot here!" it turned out Lowtax was trying to get in. he was begging the director to give him a chance at the romantic lead because he was convinced that punching out a Nazi on stage would rehabilitate his image, and he kept trying to do a British accent that ended up sounding like a bad new york accent. some of the people auditioning to be lighting techs dragged him away and he screamed like he was being taken to be executed. the director yelled that there was no role for a sad clown in this play and then moved on.

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

But doctor... I am Lowtax

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
a vintage first edition nazi

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

lmao

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The director was uwe boll lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

I've punched over 40 Nazis in the last 30 days
                    \

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Regret to report that I had another Shiddy dream. He just got mentioned as a new scary Halloween monster or something, nothing I can remember too well, but stay safe out there

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

had a dream where happy gilmore was a dlc character in the new mario golf. he had voice quips from the movie for all of his swings but they were all out of context. i kept trying to look at my phone to see what suppermariobroth had to say about it but i just couldnt turn my head to look at my phone for some reason. they were about to show off a shooter mcgavin amiibo when i woke up

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

STONE COLD 64 posted:

had a dream where happy gilmore was a dlc character in the new mario golf. he had voice quips from the movie for all of his swings but they were all out of context. i kept trying to look at my phone to see what suppermariobroth had to say about it but i just couldnt turn my head to look at my phone for some reason. they were about to show off a shooter mcgavin amiibo when i woke up

Lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Happy Gilmore: You eat pieces of poo poo for breakfast?
Wario: Sure, all the time.