Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

meanolmrcloud posted:

Shouldn’t spoilers start in a few weeks?

I am surprised that they haven't already, given that Crimson Vow releases on November 19th. Maybe they're shortening the preview promo period to accommodate for the two sets being so close together?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I believe we'll be getting stuff next week. They are waiting for worlds to end.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Aren't we all?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I am once again asking for them to stop loving doing double elimination.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Mezzanon posted:

I won multiple pre-release games by casting angelfire ignition on old stickfingers.
you play some 4 color deck during pre-release?

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
The only skill based portion of worlds is on now

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Get it together America, I almost booked for Vegas but seems the country isn't opening until "November", not necessarily "November 1st". Might be able to book a few things to be cancel-able but I don't feel great about leaving said last-minute

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Oct 8, 2021

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

they're streaming a draft match at worlds on twitch right now... they were commenting on k. sato's B/R deck and the commentators were going "yeah rakdos is not really good in this set but i like his picks!" and then when they went to him for comment he said.. "my deck is.. not so good"

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Strong Sauce posted:

you play some 4 color deck during pre-release?

No it was full 5c all the rares. I had 3 path to the festival and played every rare, but angelfire ignition was unstoppable and I had an opponent scoop when I used rootcoil creeper to bring back angelfire ignition for casts 3 and 4.

Glad I played it because I would normally slam an average 2C deck.

A+ on angelfire ignition being an absolute unstoppable bomb in limited.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

BizarroAzrael posted:

Get it together America, I almost booked for Vegas but seems the country isn't opening until "November", not necessarily "November 1st". Might be able to book a few things to be cancel-able but I don't feel great about leaving said last-minute

lol if youre waiting for corona to be over youre gonna have to wait for 10 loving years

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

BizarroAzrael posted:

America is pretty open imo.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I would strongly advise against coming to America if you live in a country that has any kind of sane covid response

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

mcmagic posted:

America is pretty open imo.

When did we close down?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Koirhor posted:

When did we close down?

March 15-17 2020.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

We’re open domestically but closed to a lot of countries. I’ve got some friends in Ireland that have been trying to visit but they’re locked out.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I would strongly advise against coming to America if you live in a country that has any kind of sane covid response

The UK, so I think I'm good.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

There's a new Mystery Booster set called Convention Edition????

AND IT'S 400 DOLLARS DIRECTLY FROM WOTC ON AMAZON??? :psypop:

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

That's the one that comes with the playtest cards.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
That's the one that was initially released in, you know, conventions. Back before the pandemic, so roughly 30 years ago.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it also doesn't appear to be on amazon, unless you're talking about this listing from a reseller

edit: which isn't even convention edition

flatluigi fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Oct 8, 2021

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Personally I'm btfo by the concept of people upset that America is difficult to travel to right now because I can't imagine wanting to in the first place.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
i just someday want a card that says something like "if an effect an opponent controls would cause you to mill a card, instead put that card in your hand"

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

flatluigi posted:

it also doesn't appear to be on amazon, unless you're talking about this listing from a reseller

edit: which isn't even convention edition

Nope, talking about this one

That one is direct MTG WotC store

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Jiro posted:

Nope, talking about this one

That one is direct MTG WotC store

Ships from: seg mart

Sold by: seg mart

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Ships from: seg mart

Sold by: seg mart

You're right I was looking at the "Visit the MTG store" that I figured it was direct from WotC, also I never heard of convention packs at cons. That's super cool and insane that a box could be that expensive. :smith: That would be a fun draft to do with friends.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Eej posted:

Personally I'm btfo by the concept of people upset that America is difficult to travel to right now because I can't imagine wanting to in the first place.

You have a horrible imagination then.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Magic Underwear posted:

You have a horrible imagination then.

Yeah I dunno, something about going to the state with 2,500 new covid cases per day seems like something I can't imagine wanting to do.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
has anyone been watching worlds?

is it good?

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Man that game 3 strasky vs sperling was sick. I don't think I could have born foretelling epiphany and hoping I'd get another turn to double iteration it with the mana to just cast it for 7. Not to mention the sick rummage in to test of talents.

Great match.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
It's fine so far. Lots of non games in limited due to mana issues and mulls. AliasV still sucks as commentary. Interesting how the limited meta was pretty different than what you'd see on arena ladder. Also as mentioned the round 5 match of spasky vs sperling was really good.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

It's fine so far. Lots of non games in limited due to mana issues and mulls. AliasV still sucks as commentary. Interesting how the limited meta was pretty different than what you'd see on arena ladder. Also as mentioned the round 5 match of spasky vs sperling was really good.

I do love Strasky, he's a genuinely very nice person who was willing to join the spirits facebook page and discuss the addition of aether vial to bant back when he was winning GP's with it.

I still put my arena vote on yellow hat though

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
The commentary has been really lovely overall for the entire pandemic. Cedric is cool though.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Strong Sauce posted:

they're streaming a draft match at worlds on twitch right now... they were commenting on k. sato's B/R deck and the commentators were going "yeah rakdos is not really good in this set but i like his picks!" and then when they went to him for comment he said.. "my deck is.. not so good"

sometimes your only lane is trash

Simone Magus posted:

i just someday want a card that says something like "if an effect an opponent controls would cause you to mill a card, instead put that card in your hand"

this already exists, its called flashback/disturb

babypolis fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Oct 9, 2021

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Simone Magus posted:

Something like this would be more fair while still shutting down mill/tasha's/ingest/ulamog

Thran Matter Recycler

Artifact

If an effect an opponent controls would cause you to mill one or more cards, put them on the bottom of your library instead.

If an effect an opponent controls would exile one or more cards from your library, put them into your graveyard instead.

3, sacrifice *: shuffle your graveyard into your library.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Jiro posted:

There's a new Mystery Booster set called Convention Edition????

AND IT'S 400 DOLLARS DIRECTLY FROM WOTC ON AMAZON??? :psypop:

It has the test cards in it but they are marked as non first edition so they are worth WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY less.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

The worlds best players had weeks and weeks to game out and beat the epiphany meta, and it couldn’t be done.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
good gravy, i had literally forgotten Ingest

man i wish this game weren't so heavily Capitalized because it'd be kinda cool if they played with design spaces for longer instead of "must make new shiny mechanics!!!"

do players even want new mechanics all the time? Learn/Lesson was great, Dungeons were cool, but Day/Night doesn't seem to have been tested very well and it often seems to amount to essentially "at various times throughout the match, Do A Thing" which is definitely not bad but feels... blah to play

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

meanolmrcloud posted:

The worlds best players had weeks and weeks to game out and beat the epiphany meta, and it couldn’t be done.

Which means they’ll ban Galvanic Iteration!

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Simone Magus posted:

good gravy, i had literally forgotten Ingest

man i wish this game weren't so heavily Capitalized because it'd be kinda cool if they played with design spaces for longer instead of "must make new shiny mechanics!!!"

do players even want new mechanics all the time? Learn/Lesson was great, Dungeons were cool, but Day/Night doesn't seem to have been tested very well and it often seems to amount to essentially "at various times throughout the match, Do A Thing" which is definitely not bad but feels... blah to play

Game designers like to huff their own farts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

Sickening posted:

Game designers like to huff their own farts.

Source?