Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

therattle posted:

Spineless sack of poo poo. Saudi Arabia is such a disgusting country that he shouldn't have even thought about that issue for longer than a second before coming out against it.
The British Establishment is absolutely onside for Saudi Arabia no matter what horrific human rights abuses they commit and anti-Western fundamentalist causes they back, because the Saudis hate Iran as much as they do, and there's a ton of sweet, sweet arms deal money that can be wrung from that. Kieth is deeply committed above all else to being part of that Establishment and protecting its interests, as there'll be lots of lucrative speaking opportunities and a seat in the Lords at the end of it!

The people? Working classes? Whuh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Kinda wild thinking back to when Labour was actually very self-consciously the parliamentary wing of the much broader trade union movement, rig up a dynamo to Keir Hardie's corpse and we've solved the global energy crisis

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
:hmmyes: Keir Stator

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Payndz posted:

The British Establishment is absolutely onside for Saudi Arabia no matter what horrific human rights abuses they commit and anti-Western fundamentalist causes they back, because the Saudis hate Iran as much as they do, and there's a ton of sweet, sweet arms deal money that can be wrung from that. Kieth is deeply committed above all else to being part of that Establishment and protecting its interests, as there'll be lots of lucrative speaking opportunities and a seat in the Lords at the end of it!

The people? Working classes? Whuh?

Part of the Brexit plan I would argue was to allow the dodgy as poo poo money into the UK.
Get in that oil money, get in that Russian oligarch money, and Jacob Rees Mogg would be happy as poo poo.
Get those financial regulations down to where the Tories ride one big financial bubble for as long as they can, and gently caress the consequences as they will be rich.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Flayer posted:

If you spill liquid on a keyboard you should unplug it and let it dry out fully (or use a hair dryer). Any liquid still inside the keyboard when used could have permanently hosed internal connections.

Hair dryered it but to no effect, have instead learned how to remap my capslock to act as the left shift, ctrl to the super key :D

Here's to another 10 years of this broken rear end laptop.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

keep punching joe posted:

Hair dryered it but to no effect, have instead learned how to remap my capslock to act as the left shift, ctrl to the super key :D

Here's to another 10 years of this broken rear end laptop.
Drying it only works if you have disconnected it from a power source as soon as possible! Basically what happens is the liquid conducts electricity in ways that break the circuitry and when that happens it's done for good. If it's wet but off it can still be salvaged as the current hasn't had a chance to conduct in damaging ways.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Sisko is cheating because obviously he is better, he's competing with entirely different shows at that point.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/MetroUK/status/1446445320976601102

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Nobody tell Kieth

https://twitter.com/CarolMaps/status/1446468407973584897

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Johnson promised to feed all kids on free school meals to kids who pay for them

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

what is that 6 ft long sub

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Kieth continues to be impressively poo poo.

On 100m I'd dump most of it in the Ukmt fund after paying off all my families debts, tuition fees etc.

It'd be really interesting to see how that would play out and if it would spill over into SA in general.

Collectively I'd expect some pretty cool stuff to come from it though. Plus you know a few fun things like sending every politician in the country a giant truck of uncanned baked beans on their driveways.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Corbyn doesn't have a driveway but I bet he would sit in the pile and eat it cold with a spoon.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

OwlFancier posted:

Corbyn doesn't have a driveway but I bet he would sit in the pile and eat it cold with a spoon.

Banned for hornyposting

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
my god I forgot how loving insufferable HIGNFY is nowadays

Ian loving Hislop sitting there and cracking the world's laziest jokes about how the Tories are all incompetent or corrupt or both, without any acknowledgement that the years he and his media pals spent shrieking about Corbyn made a very significant contribution to keeping those same Tories in power

oval office

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think the only good episode of hignfy was when angus got caught doing cocaine but they still filmed an episode afterwards and he just looked like he wanted to die all the way through it lmao.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Just watch love Island or whatever instead if you don't like it.

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal
I did like the tub of lard episode, as well.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/lukeakehurst/status/1446548011929243649?s=20

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Julio Cruz posted:

my god I forgot how loving insufferable HIGNFY is nowadays

Ian loving Hislop sitting there and cracking the world's laziest jokes about how the Tories are all incompetent or corrupt or both, without any acknowledgement that the years he and his media pals spent shrieking about Corbyn made a very significant contribution to keeping those same Tories in power

oval office

Don't know why you'd expect different. The media's whole reaction to Corbyn was to act with sheer indignity that this man existed, they aren't going to acknowledge left wing politics now that they don't have to beyond rolling their eyes and calling us antisemitic.

Doug Stanhope said it best when some HIGNFY oval office tried to get free tickets to his show to get him on the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8nC1dk-t4w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l76IjT6Guaw

lol dude who dedicated his entire career to getting anyone left of Ghengas Khan kicked out of the party says he's a Trot.

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Oct 8, 2021

Mebh
May 10, 2010

I really wish Corbyn had leaned into the whole "I will uptip the establishment's apple cart" a bit more. Not really him though.

Clive Lewis for ... well anything tbh. He'd at least have a good shout at people.

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008
Oh God, there's video:

https://twitter.com/ToryFibs/status/1446475750169845780?t=12c4VYRayq0RghVQYQfUDA&s=19

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Mebh posted:

I really wish Corbyn had leaned into the whole "I will uptip the establishment's apple cart" a bit more. Not really him though.

Clive Lewis for ... well anything tbh. He'd at least have a good shout at people.

The question for any upcoming leadership election will be whether the SCG can coalesce around 1 candidate + get the extra 4-6 (depending on Corbyn & Webbe's situation) to get over the 40 MP cutoff

Frankly I can't see it happening as Lewis and Trickett (or another of the more pro-leave SCG members) will both likely want to run and probably can't reconcile their differences. Too bad the left has a discipline issue when it comes to selecting candidates (see the Unison GS election)

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
I just don't believe this Special K thing. I think he made that up for some reason to make himself sound more interesting.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
"Please, please call me anything but Keith"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Searching for a polling boost from the horse paste consuming demographic.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Gonzo McFee posted:

lol dude who dedicated his entire career to getting anyone left of Ghengas Khan kicked out of the party says he's a Trot.

I mean working with the right to destroy any attempt at left wing political success in the name of ideological purity is a very trot thing to do.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

MikeCrotch posted:

The question for any upcoming leadership election will be whether the SCG can coalesce around 1 candidate + get the extra 4-6 (depending on Corbyn & Webbe's situation) to get over the 40 MP cutoff

Frankly I can't see it happening as Lewis and Trickett (or another of the more pro-leave SCG members) will both likely want to run and probably can't reconcile their differences. Too bad the left has a discipline issue when it comes to selecting candidates (see the Unison GS election)

Burnham is obviously going to have a go, and I could see him meeting the nomination cut-off.

If he could actually pull off a Biden-style coalition with the Left he might not even be too bad, he really seems to be leaning into the 'hero of the north' thing.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I just don't believe this Special K thing. I think he made that up for some reason to make himself sound more interesting.

Funny thing is I doubted for a moment that Special K had actually been on the market when he was born and I looked it up and it was launched only a couple of years before he was born. Which sadly makes it more plausible that he was telling the truth tbh, that it was still a ‘new’ thing so yeah maybe his parents did that

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

MikeCrotch posted:

Too bad the left has a discipline issue when it comes to selecting candidates (see the Unison GS election)

If cspams taught me anything its that most leftists are still utter dogshit people and no good to anyone, but their heart is in the right place, sometimes. That's as polite as I can be.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

HIGNFY is the greatest work of satire humanity has ever created. Who can seriously deny this? What other piece of satire successfully got a literal clown elected prime minister? It’s a masterwork.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gonzo McFee posted:

Don't know why you'd expect different. The media's whole reaction to Corbyn was to act with sheer indignity that this man existed, they aren't going to acknowledge left wing politics now that they don't have to beyond rolling their eyes and calling us antisemitic.

Doug Stanhope said it best when some HIGNFY oval office tried to get free tickets to his show to get him on the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8nC1dk-t4w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l76IjT6Guaw

I really wanted to go into it but honestly, I've got nothing. I can't loving even begin to wrap my head around this poo poo.

Doug Stanhope is one of the rarest things, a likeable libertarian.

Comrade Fakename posted:

HIGNFY is the greatest work of satire humanity has ever created. Who can seriously deny this? What other piece of satire successfully got a literal clown elected prime minister? It’s a masterwork.

The Apprentice US

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Oct 8, 2021

haakman
May 5, 2011

Nope. No. This is definitely performance art. Partridge couldn't do it better.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

jabby posted:

Burnham is obviously going to have a go, and I could see him meeting the nomination cut-off.

If he could actually pull off a Biden-style coalition with the Left he might not even be too bad, he really seems to be leaning into the 'hero of the north' thing.

The problem being that he's not an MP, and the Blairites will sabotage any attempt he makes to become a candidate if she shows any sign of cosying up to the left.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Regarde Aduck posted:

If cspams taught me anything its that most leftists are still utter dogshit people and no good to anyone, but their heart is in the right place, sometimes. That's as polite as I can be.

lol get a fuckin grip

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

I know that mask says 'Wee skitter' i.e brat, but I can't help but see it as Wee Skunner.
Also laughing at Ketamine Keith but that's nothing new.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

My Dad's visiting at the mo, and seems mostly to be glad that the club is no longer owned (in both senses of the word) by Mike 'big mugs, bigger dinners' Ashley. Mostly because of his treatment of the club over the last few years (refusing to invest in anything, borderline asset stripping etc). I have no idea about footmans myself but he seems to be very relieved.

Apparently there were very confused scenes of violence outside the stadium yesterday as people celebrating Ashley selling up and loving off ran into the people protesting the Saudis not for any valid reasons other than islamophobia. Can't find anything in the news, but he was seeing stuff on whatsapp.

Is this the Saudi investment fund they keep going on about on Trashfuture by the way, or is the problem mostly the human rights abuses etc?

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

The best part of the video is the timing. 'since I was born.... Keir. K for Keir.'

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

forkboy84 posted:

Doug Stanhope is one of the rarest things, a likeable libertarian.

Him not doing that does surprise me, as when he was doing "The Man Show", he was happy to do a full interview on a Shoutcast internet radio station that had around 25 peak listeners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Is this the Saudi investment fund they keep going on about on Trashfuture by the way, or is the problem mostly the human rights abuses etc?

Yes and yes. Well technically most of the time TF use the Sovereign Fund and the Public Investment Fund interchangeably - and confusingly the former is owned by the Saudi central bank and funded by the government and the latter is owned by the House of Saud directly - but ultimately there's no real difference between the government and the royal family there. It's the latter which has bought Newcastle because the former is only supposed to be used for poo poo like that ridiculous linear city that is supposed to replace oil revenues, while the latter is just used for vanity projects for the royals.

If you want to know everything about modern football by the way, the thing that stopped the PIF from passing the FA's "fit and proper" test wasn't the whole genocide/regressive theocracy/cutting up journalists thing... but that Saudi Arabia was pirating Premier League matches. The moment they agreed to stop that - erm, to take action against the completely independent company that was doing that - the takeover went through.