Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

CellBlock posted:

"dinner lasts as long as it has to". Maybe that's just them.)

How do they usually eat? Like against the clock?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Ah yes, the village of Some Town, located in the African country of Somewhere.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
HEARD U SUCKED 29 DICK'S....... AINT GOT A SORCE BUT RUMOR IS... U SUCKED EM GOOD

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Mx. posted:

I bet if I gave hedrigall $8k the amount of lion jpeg I'd get would be a much better roi

You bet, that’s a hundred full body commissions at my current prices

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
You heard right.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Aramoro posted:

How do they usually eat? Like against the clock?

It's more like "Oh, you want some more wine? Go ahead. Oh, I guess pour me one, too. And I then I guess I'll get out the desserts. But keep having sides or whatever if you want. And does anyone want to play a game or something?"

Since they bought a meat smoker, their summer cookouts end up with a similar sort of itinerary. "Hey, these sausages are ready; who wants one? In a bit, there's going to be pork tenderloin. And some brisket. Oh, don't forget the ribs!"

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
Well, I met a man on the way here who said that didn't happen, so...

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

And the fourth van? It was Albert Einstein

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

The same villiage also has a local priest and doctor with the secret herbal tea to give you a foot long if you know what I mean.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Heath posted:

HEARD U SUCKED 29 DICK'S....... AINT GOT A SORCE BUT RUMOR IS... U SUCKED EM GOOD

It was 39

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Hedrigall posted:

You bet, that’s a hundred full body commissions at my current prices

How big can your oc's dick be before a full body commish costs more? Asking for a friend

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

A fully bawdy portrait

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Hokkaido Anxiety posted:

How big can your oc's dick be before a full body commish costs more? Asking for a friend

How much paper ya got

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Zil posted:

It was 39

in a row?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Hokkaido Anxiety posted:

When it’s as big as your character I charge 50% extra for a multi character pic

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Zil posted:

It was 39

poo poo just one more and it would have totalled the internet's favourite sex number with all the Pavlovian responses that brings.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
NFTs sure are a thing for regular, sane people

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Weatherman posted:

poo poo just one more and it would have totalled the internet's favourite sex number with all the Pavlovian responses that brings.

....40?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Hedrigall posted:

No fuckin way is this real

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Hedrigall posted:

jesus christ

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Hedrigall posted:

lmao

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I want to believe that's fake

"Imagine kids being prevented from bringing guns to school, forever"

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Hedrigall posted:

Is there a libertarian bingo? Because I think that is a winner right there.

Memento posted:

in a row?

It was more of a semicircle.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Cicadalek posted:

I want to believe that's fake

"Imagine kids being prevented from bringing guns to school, forever"

If anyone's earned a few murders, it's this genius who was forced, like a RAPE VICTIM, to encounter other humans that weren't smart enough to sell digital lions when they grew up up

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Hedrigall posted:

Jesus christ, the first sentence of this is mindbogglingly rancid

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Hedrigall posted:

It is too bad this kid didn't get the help he needed back in second grade.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Facebook Aunt posted:

It is too bad this kid didn't get the help he needed back in second grade.

Jeez you can't just kill a kid

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That's why the nanny state takes your guns, yes.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Hedrigall posted:

Not surprised that this guy was milkshake ducked.

After all, pride comes before a fall.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Khizan posted:

Here’s how NFTs work, roughly.

I put a picture of something in an envelope. You pay me enough money to buy a car, and I burn a stack of old tires to needlessly pollute. After the tire burning ceremony is over I give you a piece of paper that says “Local Weather totally owns the picture in this envelope I have” and I publish a notice so everybody can see that you bought the contents of that envelope from me.

You do not get the envelope. You do not get a say in what I do with the envelope. If I want to take the lovely animal picture that was originally in the envelope out and replace it with goatse, I can do that. If I want to just light it on fire, I can do that. You do not own the item. You own the receipt.

OK, I can kinda-sorta understand most of that.

But how do I, (the purchaser of the NFT), make money on my investment? Do I get to onsell the receipt to someone richer and more gullible than me so that I make a profit? If I hold on to the receipt for long enough does it increase in value? Is there another way for me to make my investment in this receipt worthwhile?

Or is there no monetary value for me, (the purchaser), and the actual value I get is the pride, social cachet, and reputation I get as being the owner of the receipt? Coz I can also see that being a thing, nerds bragging to other nerds that they own an NFT of something or other.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

BrigadierSensible posted:

But how do I, (the purchaser of the NFT), make money on my investment? Do I get to onsell the receipt to someone richer and more gullible than me so that I make a profit? If I hold on to the receipt for long enough does it increase in value? Is there another way for me to make my investment in this receipt worthwhile?

Or is there no monetary value for me, (the purchaser), and the actual value I get is the pride, social cachet, and reputation I get as being the owner of the receipt? Coz I can also see that being a thing, nerds bragging to other nerds that they own an NFT of something or other.

The former, in some cases, follows from the latter.

To be marxist about it, NFTs have absolutely zero use-value, it has labour-value insofar as it takes computing power to create, and it has exchange-value entirely determined by how many other idiot nerds are willing to spend money on things that have absolutely no use but require labour to create.

This, of course, makes them unbelievably volatile because their value is entirely a function of extremely niche social trends, but mostly makes them absolutely worthless because the most likely outcome is that you spend money on it because you are the rube who has been duped into believing that the magic beans have exchange value and nobody is going to want to buy the thing off you.

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 02:34 on Oct 9, 2021

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Hedrigall posted:

King poo poo

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I'm convinced that a decent amount of the enthusiasm is because it specifically uses the vocab word "fungible" and they think it sounds smart to say non fungible.

Its like saying you found a paradigm shift in physics for your perpetual motion machine. Or a grade schooler being amazed how big a number they getting pressing 9 a ton of times is.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
edit: ^Yeah, cargo cult stock broker is a big part of the fun too.

Or for a quicker point it's literally just trading cards except dumber and nerdier.

A shadowless 1st Edition Charizard isn't any better than a normal one, except everyone knows its rarer. So if you own one and show it off you feel warm and fuzzy and cool. Same thing with Ken Griffy Jr. rookie cards (if you want a fun read, look up the collapse of the baseball card bubble). Same thing as wearing a $100 hat in TF2. Same thing with owning some rare NFT of a weird cat that there are only 5 of in the world. It's just that once it crossed with crypto the values went to absurd levels.

I had heard the honest initial rush in interest in NFTs was from bored trading cards nerds looking for a way to take the hobby online, since Covid meant that they couldn't go to game stores or conventions. Then, I thought, the tulip mania came after a totally honest and real giant sale between two partners in the same company that every bored news site reported breathlessly.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

BrigadierSensible posted:

Mixture of both. These things have no actual value other than the pride that cryptobros take in them, so you are hoping that cryptobro pride increases the demand for NFTs so that you can resell it for a profit later on.

OnlyBans
Sep 21, 2021

by sebmojo

Hedrigall posted:

When it’s as big as your character I charge 50% extra for a multi character pic

What if I wanted to do a touching tribute to Doug Winger for pulmonary diseases like Covid? Do I get a discount?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

OnlyBans posted:

What if I wanted to do a touching tribute to Doug Winger for pulmonary diseases like Covid? Do I get a discount?

Why did I google search that name? Now I'm going to get ads for fursuits and poo poo.

It's me, I'm the idiot on social media.

OnlyBans
Sep 21, 2021

by sebmojo
It's no Goatse but I'm glad this site still has the potential for good old fashioned shock-and-awe.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
:qq:
https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/1445905569756422144?t=pt5CxlhtHtDIvkYRm1Efvg&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Remember when Walsh got himself banned from a library and embarrassed his wife and children shouting about the trans agenda when the supposed sin was just a dude subbing in for one of his female co workers for children's event.