Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

fuctifino: i just want to verify that I'm on the right story arc here... you were the dude that got medical weed in the UK like not that long ago and it had names like red#4 and poo poo for strains that were approved?

well done sir.

poo poo sorry for the bad snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

My story about cannabis is this. I smoke some cannabis and then I'm like oh gently caress oh gently caress I wish I wasn't high right now. Then I don't smoke cannabis for a few months. Then I'm like you know what would be fun: if I smoked some cannabis.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

My story about cannabis is this. I smoke some cannabis and then I'm like oh gently caress oh gently caress I wish I wasn't high right now. Then I don't smoke cannabis for a few months. Then I'm like you know what would be fun: if I smoked some cannabis.

lol try smaller amounts!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I've only been that high once, and I think it was because I took a dumb amount of edibles and paired that with hitting a new strain I hadn't tried before really hard, which... hit me back, really hard

I remember thinking gently caress gently caress I am ready to not be this high I am very not okay how many hours has this been

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Wendigee posted:

fuctifino: i just want to verify that I'm on the right story arc here... you were the dude that got medical weed in the UK like not that long ago and it had names like red#4 and poo poo for strains that were approved?

Yup, that's me, though I was a naughty medi user for 15 years prior to becoming legal, and a recreational user 15 years prior to that.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
so uh... are ALL vape carts just rear end?

i mean even the ones that are 100% legit

they don't last very long and they make my lungs hurt. talked to a dude who said he used to work for one of the companies and they just shove all the worst parts of the plant into a machine to make the oil

buying "popcorn" seems to be the only way to go unless you have infinite money. $45 for an eighth is definitely not an exciting price, especially at $55 after taxes, but it's better than the $60 or $70 they charge for "tier 1 flower"

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6oUz1v17Uo

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Code Jockey posted:

Also I would absolutely kill for like, even a basic diagram of how all of this is set up

https://i.imgur.com/F28bKUm.jpg

That's the basics. I don't know how to represent the working fluid in the condenser contacting the cold side of the peltier module.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Simone Magus posted:

they don't last very long and they make my lungs hurt. talked to a dude who said he used to work for one of the companies and they just shove all the worst parts of the plant into a machine to make the oil

buying "popcorn" seems to be the only way to go unless you have infinite money. $45 for an eighth is definitely not an exciting price, especially at $55 after taxes, but it's better than the $60 or $70 they charge for "tier 1 flower"

can you grow? i smoked mids/popcorn up until I could grow, and my very first grow yielded more, better weed per dollar than i could have gotten buying mids/popcorn wholesale

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Code Jockey posted:

Also I would absolutely kill for like, even a basic diagram of how all of this is set up, I cannot wait to be home to gently caress with my setup, your pictures are so inspiring lol

I went into a bit of detail explaining how it works when I had the single unit setup https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH9GwZxeg1U. The current unit is no different, except I now have a second peltier module and heatsink on the other side of the water block too. I'll have a go at doing a diagram at some stage.

There are also plenty of youtube videos of people building peltier drinks coolers etc., and I watched those to get an understanding how these modules work.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Simone Magus posted:

Live Resin carts are good, distillate ones are a crapshoot.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Simone Magus posted:

Nah, it just depends on who is making them. If you want higher quality weed going into the distillate, look into products that have cannabis derived terpenes and aren't ethanol extractions. Due to pricing differences, it's more likely to have A-bud go into it. Most regular carts are going to be ethanol extraction, which the weed going in straight up doesn't matter because all that's happening is the THC is being extracted from the biomass and then terpenes are added back in. Once you get into hydrocarbons, solventless, etc etc the quality of the underlying weed matters more.

Couple of shots of some of the stuff in my companies grow op in my state from when I got to take a tour a couple weeks ago.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Had to read the post to make sure that wasn't another upgrade to Frankenstein's bongster

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Inspector Hound posted:

Had to read the post to make sure that wasn't another upgrade to Frankenstein's bongster

it's not.....yet

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

fwiw I have been sticking with Cresco brand vape carts and haven't had a bad experience with one yet. Ozone and Verano are also solid manufacturers if you can find them!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Random idea: as snow season approaches, burying a couple of these suckers in the snow on my porch...

(Aluminum water cooling block)

I mean, the snow is not guaranteed, so I may purchase one just to mess with it, but I like the idea of harnessing nature to get me more efficiently wrecked

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Code Jockey posted:

Random idea: as snow season approaches, burying a couple of these suckers in the snow on my porch...

(Aluminum water cooling block)

I mean, the snow is not guaranteed, so I may purchase one just to mess with it, but I like the idea of harnessing nature to get me more efficiently wrecked

Bury it underground so it's always 55 deg lmao.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Video Nasty posted:

fwiw I have been sticking with Cresco brand vape carts and haven't had a bad experience with one yet. Ozone and Verano are also solid manufacturers if you can find them!

those are the prevailing brands here yeah. Ozone is the company whose flower i always buy, their stuff is insanely good. Lemon Cake i have now is i think 27% and daaaaaaaank

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Yeah Cresco is the big live resin cart producer here too, GTI/Rythm can make some good distillate carts though, they just started rolling out live resin carts too.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
i bought a pokeball grinder haha

it's actually really well made, i wonder why nintendo doesn't shut it down. it's not Legally Distinct From A Pokeball, it is straight up the exact design

it's magnetized so it stays shut even if you hold it upside down. definitely a great grinder for 10bux

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Simone Magus posted:

i bought a pokeball grinder haha

it's actually really well made, i wonder why nintendo doesn't shut it down. it's not Legally Distinct From A Pokeball, it is straight up the exact design

it's magnetized so it stays shut even if you hold it upside down. definitely a great grinder for 10bux

lonk please!

ninja: leaving the typo, I like it

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
the best carts around here are a brand my local place just started carrying called Black Label. The main good thing about them is that they are incredibly cheap, their concentrate is 25/gram and their carts are also 25 but for a half gram cart

I don't know if they are just repackaging hash from smaller producers or something, I don't know how they sell it so much cheaper than everyone else

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
thinking baout smoking weed

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
might want to smoke a quick bowl while you ponder that decision

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Pregame your decision bowl with a micro dose. But since that's hard to measure easiest to just do a full bowl micro dose.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Cross-posting from the TCC thread, cause I'm trying to find an answer before the night gets away from me:

The Modern Leper posted:

Hoping to make an edible/some edibles tonight, but having trouble figuring out the math. I'm thinking 10 or 25mg THC/dose. I planned for brownies, but :effort:, so I searched for firecracker recipes.

Easy enough, but the recipe calls for 1g weed for two servings. My strain is 26% THC, which calcs out to 130mg per serving.

Are edibles that inefficient, is my math wrong, or is this a recipe for ego death?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

so the beatnicks are passing around a joint when they hear the cops knocking at the door. the beat who's in mid toke quickly stuffs the smoudlering doob into the house cookoo clock. the cop comes in, looks around and is about to leave on account of not finding any weed when the clock begins chiming, the cookoo pops out and says "hey man, what time is it?"

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

The Voice of Labor posted:

so the beatnicks are passing around a joint when they hear the cops knocking at the door. the beat who's in mid toke quickly stuffs the smoudlering doob into the house cookoo clock. the cop comes in, looks around and is about to leave on account of not finding any weed when the clock begins chiming, the cookoo pops out and says "hey man, what time is it?"

lmao

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Got my fury edge tonight, and cannot wait to vape some wedding cake and watch Taskmaster https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4YhsooE5xY or play Deathloop.

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

The Modern Leper posted:

Cross-posting from the TCC thread, cause I'm trying to find an answer before the night gets away from me:

Trying to get exact dosage from flower is folly imo. I recommend just making too many so they're weak and giving everyone two.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
if you blew weed smoke into a spiders face will it get high and eat more bugs?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Sunk Dunk posted:

if you blew weed smoke into a spiders face will it get high and eat more bugs?

I know that most bug sprays just cause spiders to be more aggressive and not stun them, so not sure what weed would do to them.

What those two things have to do with the other I don't know, my stonedess said I needed to say it.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

redreader posted:

I just got some wedding cake for the first time ever and it felt FANTASTIC when I smoked it. That's all!

excellent strain

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

redreader posted:

Got my fury edge tonight, and cannot wait to vape some wedding cake and watch Taskmaster https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4YhsooE5xY or play Deathloop.

gently caress yes, Friday buddy. Pizza on the way, taskmaster ready to play, and vaporizing double dragon, which smells like a walk in a pine forest.

E: also went to a different dispensary today because they had a specific tincture I was looking for. Their new patient thing went like:

"we're offering a half gram preroll, or... two red chile pumpkin cookies."

Seen prerolls and got a bunch already. Easily the fastest I have ever come to a decision.

Droogie fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Oct 9, 2021

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm not seeing the new episode of taskmaster up on youtube yet (S12E3).

New QI is up though, so my british itch has been scratched for the evening.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I'm not seeing the new episode of taskmaster up on youtube yet (S12E3).

Oh gently caress, you're right! gently caress!

E: so we watched the latest archer tonight instead of Saturday morning. Now I'm sad about that, frustrated from taskmaster deprivation and too sober.

Ee:
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x84q70s
Pw: tm

Same guy that uploads weekly on yt. Said ep 3 was geoblocked

Droogie fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Oct 9, 2021

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Droogie posted:

Oh gently caress, you're right! gently caress!

E: so we watched the latest archer tonight instead of Saturday morning. Now I'm sad about that, frustrated from taskmaster deprivation and too sober.

Ee:
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x84q70s
Pw: tm

Same guy that uploads weekly on yt. Said ep 3 was geoblocked

Thanks. I'm sure someone will get around it somehow. The one video I found claiming to be it today was just a repeating commercial for a netflix show.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm still catching up. I only found it about taskmaster recently so I have more then half of the whole show left. On season five maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Lol. There's a Daily Motion app on xbox, so I still found a way to watch the new taskmaster on tv easily.

E: it's great. Brexit fails to block my american rear end from consuming their comedy (the only good export they have left) once again.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Oct 9, 2021