Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

evilpicard posted:

I've never made it past that god drat announcer

hoooorAAtio SAAAAAAAANZZ!!!

He died a few years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

That's too bad, seemed like a cool dude based on that announcer

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

evilpicard posted:

The announcer is dead. Horatio Sanz is alive.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Featuring the Not Ready for Primetime Posters. MUUSICAL GUEST- The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band!

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I can't remember if it's a cum town bit or not, but I like to walk around saying stuff in the SNL announcer voice. IMMMMM GAAAAAY. gently caress MY AAAASSSSS

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

It was a Cumtown bit, but I also did the same thing before that. I think it’s universal, like dreaming you forgot to show up to a class for a full semester.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

PostNouveau posted:

The announcer is dead. Horatio Sanz is alive.

and a pedophile!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

papa horny michael posted:

and a pedophile!

Jimmy Fallon knew

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

i retract horatio sanz being a cool dude

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

evilpicard posted:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

evilpicard posted:

i retract horatio sanz being a cool dude

this motherfucker thinks pedophiles are cool!!!!

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

papa horny michael posted:

kind of my assumption. lorne got him early to test him, bc of those extra long snl contacts

i know how larry the cable guy sounds. blue collar dvds would be on loop every house you went to in the south, until that guy with his puppets was around

jeff dunham has been around since the 80's, actually

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

little munchkin posted:

jeff dunham has been around since the 80's, actually

i only remember during the heyday of everyone buying a DVD

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It always blew my mind that Jeff Foxworthy outsold Cosby in comedy sales.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
if yewwwwwww do a redneck thing, yew might be a redneck

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

It's funnier to imagine him getting into arguments over fanpatches of Final Fantasy games that didn't come out on NES.

Wasn't there a claim that he'd go into YouTube comments and argue with 9/11 truthers lol

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Rhesus Pieces posted:

the SNL pre-taped shorts are so much better than the long torturous live skits

Oh man I have been that guy patronizing Boston stores in high vis clothing. I'm not a gruff construction worker but these are so pitch perfect.

ANOTHER SCORCHER
Aug 12, 2018

evilpicard posted:

quoting before the edit

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

It always blew my mind that Jeff Foxworthy outsold Cosby in comedy sales.

foxworthy in the 80s had less culture war than the connotation today, i remember him talking about life before seatbelts and him slamming face-first into a 'full ashtray' when his dad hit the brakes. riding the line between hootin' and ironic was his schtick

my dad loved his sigourney weaver bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeeJPD3K1mI

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
https://youtu.be/4m9ozW0aFlw

The line about "its probably an accident" got me loving good as a kid.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Jeff also never tried to be a conservative comic, he doesn’t really have conservative material, he just has “hick” and “white trash” material. My mom shows me Tik Toks of southern fried comedians and it’s absolutely bizarre to see someone waddle on stage and try to tell jokes about abortion being wrong or whatever.

Foxworthy and Ron White are S-Tier comics, Bill Engval never struck a chord with me, but turns out he’s popular with dads. Larry TCG secured his bag by playing a white trash minstrel, he sucks, and David Cross taking him down via an open letter in the newspaper about growing up in Georgia and actually being a red neck comic from the south is one of my favorite moments in the history of comedy.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

Jeff also never tried to be a conservative comic, he doesn’t really have conservative material, he just has “hick” and “white trash” material. My mom shows me Tik Toks of southern fried comedians and it’s absolutely bizarre to see someone waddle on stage and try to tell jokes about abortion being wrong or whatever.

Foxworthy and Ron White are S-Tier comics, Bill Engval never struck a chord with me, but turns out he’s popular with dads. Larry TCG secured his bag by playing a white trash minstrel, he sucks, and David Cross taking him down via an open letter in the newspaper about growing up in Georgia and actually being a red neck comic from the south is one of my favorite moments in the history of comedy.

Maybe he should've called himself David "Burning" Cross to get real recognition from the south

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I liked Engvall in middle school as like a southern version of Dave Barry. There was also a blue collar adjacent guy named Henry Cho whose entire set was “what if an Asian guy had a Southern accent?”

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

I liked Engvall in middle school as like a southern version of Dave Barry.

have you heard the good news of Lewis Grizzard?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

shame on an IGA posted:

have you heard the good news of Lewis Grizzard?

Never heard that name in my life.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Never heard that name in my life.

He was basically the actual southern Dave Barry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbs5JNiEGFw

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I liked Engvall in middle school as like a southern version of Dave Barry. There was also a blue collar adjacent guy named Henry Cho whose entire set was “what if an Asian guy had a Southern accent?”

lol I think I remember one of this guy's bits about going home to Korea or whatever with his dad and losing him in a crowd the second they stepped off the plane because he couldn't tell anybody apart

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

He was basically the actual southern Dave Barry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbs5JNiEGFw

Brother, I don’t believe I’d have told that.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

General Dog posted:

Brother, I don’t believe I’d have told that.

This is such a great example of setting up expectations you then undermine, and timing. This could be in a textbook.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

ron white's delivery is masterful

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

https://twitter.com/byyourlogic/status/1005545356925521921?lang=en

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The boys are up to something

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1447691143664136194?t=6HMYA2qhZGzjRVBLawjzGw&s=19

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1447689602601476102?t=l4ucsNj0D9klT5mnRzRviQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1447687800225157125?t=MBjfgjHN_lHrqOhJwnxuaQ&s=19

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Maybe it’s just that good!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Felix with the least engagement... Hmm..

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Heath posted:

Felix with the least engagement... Hmm..

He tweets to much. His followers can't keep up.

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

There was a guy in the WWE around that time who went by Jimmy Wang Chang that also had the same gimmick.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Rabbi Tupac posted:

There was a guy in the WWE around that time who went by Jimmy Wang Chang that also had the same gimmick.
Oh God I remember his debut being a backstage talk to camera thing where he's wearing a cowboy hat and is like "What do y'all think about an Asian cowboy who eats spicy hot wings?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Rabbi Tupac posted:

His friendship with Jamie Noble and Nidia is one of my favorite mid card angles of all time. Also it was Jimmy Wang Yang