Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

800peepee51doodoo posted:

I bought a hand made leather wallet off etsy for like $100 because I'm a hipster piece of poo poo and it looks cool as heck once it wore in and got a patina

Also, update on the power amp I posted last week: I got it yesterday, hooked it up and it sounds rad as gently caress. It just sings with my Mesa Studio pre. So good.

I also bought a hand made Etsy leather wallet, from a seller in Ukraine. It was like $50 six years ago and I’m still rocking it - a little softer and slightly wrinkled from carrying it in a front pocket all the time but otherwise perfect. The embossing even looks new. I used to go through a store bought wallet in like 18 months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
$80 really isn't bad at all for a decent wallet. Unless you treat it like a caveman, it should last you years.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Yeah I spent about 80 for a nice leather one about a decade ago and it looks brand new.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I ended up with the Cardemon wallet mentioned earlier and it’s fine but doesn’t actually hold my cards well. Once I open it I have to be careful they don’t all fall out.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Hey screw you whoever posted about Bellroy. I have a trip coming up and ALL OF THE SUDDEN I deeply need a passport wallet, right after I browsed their site a little.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Trabant posted:

$80 really isn't bad at all for a decent wallet. Unless you treat it like a caveman, it should last you years.

Only if it's leather. Any of the woven synthetics are overpriced and will not last, even the nylon stuff. 80 for leather is completely fair though.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
Had to get some new denim for work. Didn't have a single pair that weren't threadbare on the knees and covered in holes...

Can't go wrong with Levi 505's. Cheap, classic looks and sturdy as hell.

If you want a good, cheap leather wallet and you're a stupid child like me the Bad Morherfucker is a good option. I've been sporting mine for like 10 years. I get lot of compliments on it too.

https://www.bmfwallets.com/brown-embroidered-bad-mother-fucker-leather-wallet/

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
My other half got me a brown leather Ted Baker wallet + card holder combo about a decade ago, I never carry the wallet with me but the card holder is still doing the job. Now and then I think about getting a new one, but it still works and has a nice patina now.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I’ve been using a wallet from American Eagle for probably around 10 years now. It’s a nice brown leather and it’s laid out exactly how I like.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Since wallet chat is still going, I’ll plug my Whipping Post Picker’s Wallet which I’ve been using and loving for at least 6 years with no sign of wearing out. If you like a front pocket wallet and always having a guitar pick with you, it owns.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I got a $10 slim wallet from Amazon with prime shipping baybeee and it's lasted me years and years and years, That's not a feature that's exclusive to 50 plus dollar wallets lol. Nothing wrong with a nice premium wallet if you like the look of it since 80 bucks isn't that much money at the end of the day but I love my cheap no name wallet, it's incredibly sturdy and sleek

On that note I bought some jaybird Vista workout earbuds that retail for almost 200 bucks, very sleek and I enjoy them. But they don't sound that much better than my $20 Amazon workout wireless earbuds....

They are waterproof which is kind of nice but completely irrelevant if you drop one into a fast-moving current. That earbud is gone either way even if it still works :(

Now that I'm back to my cheap $20 workout earbuds I'm like oh wow these don't sound any worse at all than my premium ones.

KingSlime has a new favorite as of 19:28 on Oct 8, 2021

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

something tells me the waterproofing on wireless earbuds is more for sweat and rain than protecting them while white water rafting

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Phil's Wallets are the best wallets, and he's apparently no long mysteriously disappeared, though it doesn't lile there will be regular stock. He's a goon too.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Phil's Wallets are the best wallets, and he's apparently no long mysteriously disappeared, though it doesn't lile there will be regular stock. He's a goon too.

Oh awesome! Mine is still holding up perfectly after well over a decade, but I like it so much I wanted to grab a backup.

Edit: Just looked and I have no sense of time anymore... but at least 5 years.

The Postman has a new favorite as of 20:46 on Oct 8, 2021

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

something tells me the waterproofing on wireless earbuds is more for sweat and rain than protecting them while white water rafting

Man I'm not even that cool I just hopped over some rocks to cross a small creek while jogging and for some God forsaken reason one of the earbuds took that opportunity to plop right out of my ear

The water was a little muddy and moving pretty fast so I wasn't even able to trace where it went. Oh well I can get a single one replaced for 99 bucks but I'm just not feeling motivated enough when my crappy no-name brand works great

But yeah the sweat resistance was nice. Anyone ever corrode their iPod nano charge or headphone slot because you used it at the gym? I sure have! Apple told me to gently caress off lol

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

KingSlime posted:

But yeah the sweat resistance was nice. Anyone ever corrode their iPod nano charge or headphone slot because you used it at the gym? I sure have! Apple told me to gently caress off lol

RiP my clip on shuffle. Died from sweat while running. Loved that little thing.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I got a grained Tom Ford wallet with a brass money clip and it’s insanely cool and mechanical. Can recommend it

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

insufferable

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Bottom Liner posted:

insufferable

yep

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

I was wondering why Bape Culture had been missing from this thread so I peeped their rap sheet. I thought they just had bad taste in clothes, but it turns out they're also a piece of poo poo racist

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Slimy Hog posted:

I was wondering why Bape Culture had been missing from this thread so I peeped their rap sheet. I thought they just had bad taste in clothes, but it turns out they're also a piece of poo poo racist

You're telling me an obnoxious rich dude is also a lovely racist?
:shock:

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
I mean think about it what's the point of spending $500 on a wallet if you're not going to brag about it?

Wallets are just such a non-entity / boring purchase in general so I'm genuinely impressed that companies are able to carve out a high-end market

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

KingSlime posted:

Man I'm not even that cool I just hopped over some rocks to cross a small creek while jogging and for some God forsaken reason one of the earbuds took that opportunity to plop right out of my ear

The water was a little muddy and moving pretty fast so I wasn't even able to trace where it went. Oh well I can get a single one replaced for 99 bucks but I'm just not feeling motivated enough when my crappy no-name brand works great

My Jabra's 75t went through a whole wash cycle in the machine and still work (I think the mic got a bit hosed up, but I hardly ever use it so I don't mind).

Also I clicked a Belroy link and now all the ads everywhere are about wallets.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Oh yea, forgot to do a trip report. The night vision goggles are pretty awesome. They can take pics and record video. Battery life is kinda meh but they remind me of those binocs the rebels used on hoth, so that's fun.

All in all I like em. Varying brightness ir controls help too. Only real downside is they ARE magnifying no matter what. There's not an option for "just lemme see poo poo", there's "lemme see poo poo that's kinda far away but better".

Gonna give em to my mom so she can look around after dark on her porch. She lives out in the boonies so chances are she can see bigfoot or something and catch some video.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

I actually should buy a new wallet. I've had a wallet I bought at hot topic when I was like 15, it's lasted over 20 years. You know, back before hot topic sold out. It's largely still in tact, every edge is worn, the stitching is coming undone but that's fixable....but what can't be fixed is one of the snaps is starting to rip out. I long ago lost the chain, but the flames haven't completely faded away!

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
A plain leather wallet is still the best imo. Bought mine of some lady at a fair many years ago, think it's gotten nicer with age.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

OniPanda posted:

I actually should buy a new wallet. I've had a wallet I bought at hot topic when I was like 15, it's lasted over 20 years. You know, back before hot topic sold out.

Lmao, we were saying that about Hot Topic back then

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Hot topic selling out is a Rubicon we all cross in our teens

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bottom Liner posted:

insufferable

Slimy Hog posted:

Inzombiac posted:

You're telling me an obnoxious rich dude is also a lovely racist?
:shock:

Bunch of sad poors itt

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I understand why someone would want to pay a bit more for a wallet that will last a long time, especially if it’s ethically made by a well-compensated crafts person. But :lol: if you think that’s what you’re getting from a major label like Tom Ford. Realistically it probably will hold up well, but so has my $11 wallet.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

My 'wallet' is a Kirby pouch I got for free from Nintendo about 12 years ago, it's got a few fraying bits and a hole forming in the corner but it's still rolling.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Shrapnig posted:

Bunch of sad poors itt

If calling out a piece of poo poo racist for being a piece of poo poo racist makes me a sad poor, I'm okay with that.

Content
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1695/legend-robin-hood

A war game themed around Robin Hood; I haven't read all the rules yet, but you can marry Maid Marion and participate in an archery contest, but I'm not sure how that effects the game (if at all)

I'm hoping to buy this game today if it's still at my game store and not crazy expensive.
They have a copy of the Avalon Hill version (not my photo)
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/103/titan

It has a weird movement mechanic where you roll a die and have to move around the map based on a few rules and not all spaces allow you to choose where to move.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I’m a sad poor

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I'm not poor, and I'm not sad, and I'm also not cool with racism. Sneaker collectors are human garbage though, and I hope they all keep taking way too much xanax.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

LifeSunDeath posted:

I'm not poor, and I'm not sad, and I'm also not cool with racism. Sneaker collectors are human garbage though, and I hope they all keep taking way too much xanax.

:qq:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Nice red text.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Imagine defending a racist

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

njsykora posted:

Nice red text.

Thanks, I earned it with my financial superiority.

Grumblepuff
Dec 29, 2018

You think you taught me a lesson, babe
Betcha think you "got through to me"
No one gets through here anymore
Right

Know what's the opposite of racist crap? Earthbound.

Know what's better than Earthbound? Earthbound 2022 Hobonichi Techo planner cover.

Know who has it? Me.

That is all.

The quality of the cover is amazing. It has lots of inner pockets and comes with two sheets of stickers from the game. This version is sold out now, but there is another cover featuring Earthbound 3 characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Blackberry chili lime and a veggie empanada donut (both vegan), along with some coffee flavored with a splash of caramel sauce. Main reason I opted for donuts this morning was that the joint was claiming they had free tickets for Dune they were giving away. Alas, they had a misprint and gave them out yesterday.

The donuts were still good, though.