Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Andrast posted:

I think Kok/SDP is more likely

Pers Kok will require Kepu and I really doubt Kepu is going to go for a government where they are the third largest party. They might do it in the future after they accept their fate but not yet.

Do you know what Kepu always does? Because there's this thing Kepu always does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

On aivan vitun raivostuttavaa että sitä mukaan kun se mädän sydämensä lailla kuihtuu ja kuolee niin Keskustapuolueella on aina vaan isompi ja röyhkeämpi vaa'ankielen asema hallitusneuvotteluissa ainakin tulevalle vuosikymmenelle ellei pidemmälle, ja kaiken kukkuraksi ne lantapuntit tuntuu oikeasti tiedostavan tän.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Do you know what Kepu always does? Because there's this thing Kepu always does.

joo ne pettää kokkarit olemalla menemättä hallitukseen

Kok/SDP/Vihreät/RKP would be an incredibly easy coalition to set up and Kok wouldn't need to deal with the nutcases in Persut which has to be enticing

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Andrast posted:

joo ne pettää kokkarit olemalla menemättä hallitukseen

Kok/SDP/Vihreät/RKP would be an incredibly easy coalition to set up and Kok wouldn't need to deal with the nutcases in Persut which has to be enticing

Rudimentary Finns have the exact same political goals as Kokoomus (the voter base doesn't, but that's completely beside the point), and in case you haven't noticed, "normal" Kokoomuslaiset have already started giving hitlerish statements so I dunno about that...

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Rudimentary Finns have the exact same political goals as Kokoomus (the voter base doesn't, but that's completely beside the point), and in case you haven't noticed, "normal" Kokoomuslaiset have already started giving hitlerish statements so I dunno about that...

Kokoomus likes the EU and wants lots of low wage immigration

Hiekkakauppias
Mar 26, 2008

OJ's humble beginnings in acting helped prepare him for the media spotlight in Calgary
Yeah but paikallinen sopiminen Is the main political agenda that kok and pers agree on, loving over immigrants is an easy thing to agree to if it allows you to more completely gently caress over collective labour and poors.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

i think you are underestimating the difficulties of getting anything done with persus, did you not see the last government

But we'll see. I'm betting on Kok/SDP.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
Kok absolutely are flirting with pers right now and will have zero problem forming a government with them if it comes to that, but in gov talks they will want to keep their options open and sinipuna would be the simpler choice in a lot of ways. Marin probably wouldn't like it, but there are loads of liskodemarit who clamor for that sweet neolib consensus, and if the alternative is kok/ps/kesk/kd ruling the land she might go along with it anyway (or they will change in Lindtman or someone who will). There's also Greens who I bet would love to rehabilitate their puistokokoomus image a little bit now that going with punamulta has ended up costing them and who kok could boss around with much less problem than kepu.

I guess another round of sdp/kesk/vihr/vas/rkp is in the realm of possibility, but I don't know if either kesk or vihr will have much incentive for that in 2023 if their numbers remain low, and that's basically the only remotely feasible kok-free option I can think of.

Hiekkakauppias
Mar 26, 2008

OJ's humble beginnings in acting helped prepare him for the media spotlight in Calgary

Andrast posted:

i think you are underestimating the difficulties of getting anything done with persus, did you not see the last government

I mean the actual work in being in the same government would cause sanoma stock to skyrocket yeah but i could easily see them forming a coalition government.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Forktoss posted:

Kok absolutely are flirting with pers right now and will have zero problem forming a government with them if it comes to that, but in gov talks they will want to keep their options open and sinipuna would be the simpler choice in a lot of ways. Marin probably wouldn't like it, but there are loads of liskodemarit who clamor for that sweet neolib consensus, and if the alternative is kok/ps/kesk/kd ruling the land she might go along with it anyway (or they will change in Lindtman or someone who will). There's also Greens who I bet would love to rehabilitate their puistokokoomus image a little bit now that going with punamulta has ended up costing them and who kok could boss around with much less problem than kepu.

when a Valtiovarainministerinsalkku is on the line I doubt Marin will have that much issue with it

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Andrast posted:

Is there an election soon or something?

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
:lol:

Entinen oululaisvaltuutettu Junes Lokka tuomittiin sakkoihin kiihottamisesta kansanryhmää vastaan

quote:

Entinen Oulun kaupunginvaltuutettu Junes Lokka on tuomittu sakkoihin kiihottamisesta kansanryhmää vastaan.

Tuomio koskee tapahtumia Oulun kaupunginvaltuuston kokouksessa talvella 2020. Junes Lokka asetti yleisön saataville ja levitti yleisön keskuuteen viestin, jossa uhataan turvapaikanhakijoita ja maahanmuuttajia.

Kyseinen kokous on julkaistu suoratoistona Oulun kaupungin Youtube-kanavalla. Lokan puheenvuoro on poistettu yleisön saatavilta 26. helmikuuta 2020.

Syyttäjä vaati Lokalle vähintään kahden kuukauden ehdollista vankeutta viitaten Lokan aiempiin tuomioihin.

Lokan aiemmista kiihottamistuomioista yksi on lainvoimainen ja toiseen korkein oikeus (KKO) myönsi valitusluvan aiemmin tällä viikolla. Tuomiot liittyvät Lokan netissä julkaisemiin kirjoituksiin ja videoihin.

double :lol:

Elokapina on ilmastolle haitaksi: liike muuttaa ilmastokeskustelun kiihkoiluksi ja kääntää tavalliset ihmiset asiaansa vastaan, kirjoittaa Sanna Ukkola

quote:

Siellä ne taas hilluvat, telttailemassa keskellä Mannerheimintietä ja huutamassa typeriä iskulauseitaan. Poliisipartioita joka puolella, tien reunassa hurraavia komppaajia ja ihmetteleviä kaupunkilaisia kamerakännyköineen.

Poliisin vähäisistä resursseista on puhuttu koko syksy, mutta Elokapinan mielenilmaus on sitonut lukuisia partioita Eduskuntatalon eteen – ikään kuin poliisilla ei olisi parempaa tekemistä lauantai-iltana.

Mutta ei, aika kuluu keskellä katua velttoina retkottavien hippien kantamiseen Mannerheimintieltä paikalle tuotuihin busseihin. Poliisia käy jopa sääliksi. Olisiko tuokin komissaari osannut kuvitella poliisiammattikorkeaan pyrkiessään, minkälaisiin tehtäviin hän joutuu aikuisten ihmisten pelleilyn takia?

Elokapina on ilmastolle haitallisempi kuin mitkään päästöt. Jengi saa sekoilullaan aikaan enintään sen, että tolkullinen enemmistö kääntyy ilmastoasiaa vastaan. Kuka haluaisi olla ääriryhmän puolella?

Suurin osa ihmisistä pitää ilmastonmuutosta todellisena uhkana ja haluaa toimia sen pysäyttämiseksi. Elokapinan pelottelu, aatteen pakkosyöttö ja kadulla retkottavat tyypit saavat koko aiheen näyttäytymään vastenmielisenä ja banaalina ihmisille, jotka ovat olleet jo pitkään messissä ilmastotalkoissa. Tuputtaminen ei ole koskaan hyvä keino vaikuttaa: koko aihe alkaa tuntua happamalta.

Moni ihminen on aidosti huolissaan ilmastosta, mutta samaan aikaan kokee mahdottomaksi puolustaa Elokapinan äärimmäistä tapaa toimia. Näin Elokapina liittää hyvään asiaan (ilmastonmuutosta vastaan taistelu) vastenmielisen asian (laiton toiminta ja tavallisten kansalaisten häiriköinti). Elokapina muuttaa ilmastokeskustelun kiihkoiluksi, jossa tärkeintä ei olekaan tieteellinen debatti vaan mahdollisimman näyttävä lain rikkominen.

Millainen on strateginen ajattelu tämän asian taustalla? Miksi Elokapina haluaa assosioida tärkeään asiaan tällaisen käsittämättömän sekoilun?

Mieti itse. Kumpi innostaisi sinut helpommin toimimaan jonkin hyvän asian puolesta: pelottelu ja elämäsi vaikeuttaminen vai innostava rohkaisu?

Saako helsinkiläinen perheenisä herätyksen ryhtyä suojelemaan ilmastoa, kun hän ei pääse autolla kotiinsa pitkän ja raskaan työpäivän jälkeen? Entä apua tarvitseva nainen, jota pelastamaan tuleva ambulanssi joutuu kiertämään pidempää reittiä, koska joukko vandaaleja on päättänyt huvin vuoksi tukkia ajotien?

Sanna Ukkola on toimittajille haitaksi ja kääntää tavalliset ihmiset journalismia vastaan

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
I wanna meet the guy who is both extremely worried about climate but also sees elokapina and goes gently caress man I guess I don't want to solve it after all.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
My main non-meat beef is that there doesn't seem to be any kind of realism in their demand for carbon neutrality in... four years. Like 2025 is reaaally soon and a lot of poo poo needs to be done. It would take longer to pass all the required legislation (also eduskunta wouldn't pass it). Their kansalaisfoorumi demand also sounds just lol, imagine passing that through perustuslakivaliokunta and then imagine all the Teuvos selected by lottery to 'fix' our politics :roflolmao:

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Look, I'm just here to start the wiki, someone else can worry about the details

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
Yeah I mean, their actual demand list is just a list of things that aren't going to happen but I can't bring myself to be mad at people stopping traffic in order to go hey, what the gently caress about the climate. I'm pretty paralyzed by the requirements of day to day life and chronic cynicism about anything meaningful being done on a systemic level, so if someone still has enough soul in them to go yell about it then good.

Letmebefrank
Oct 9, 2012

Entitled

Twiitti tuhottu jo

Alkuperä

https://twitter.com/oula_silver/status/1446003075467055105?t=ZHcpLPdzUgsDXaxGntIvSQ&s=19

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

thats not fair no one has even given me 100 million euros :saddowns:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Just think of the trickle-down effect that a thousand mega-millionaire Afghan plutocrats would have on our society!

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
New Kabul would be a pretty bomb rear end place (in a good way). Dubai on the Baltic.

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb

Nenonen posted:

My main non-meat beef is that there doesn't seem to be any kind of realism in their demand for carbon neutrality in... four years. Like 2025 is reaaally soon and a lot of poo poo needs to be done. It would take longer to pass all the required legislation (also eduskunta wouldn't pass it). Their kansalaisfoorumi demand also sounds just lol, imagine passing that through perustuslakivaliokunta and then imagine all the Teuvos selected by lottery to 'fix' our politics :roflolmao:

Regardless of whether it feels realistic, a fast transition to carbon neutrality is necessary to limit global warming to a level where global technological civilization can survive (hopefully, methane trapped in now-melting ice is a problem).

How much more realistic is the Autarky of Finland working out once international supply chains start collapsing? Like yeah I guess we can go all in on nuclear power for electricity, but food would be a problem in the face of increasingly hostile weather.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Ornedan posted:

Regardless of whether it feels realistic, a fast transition to carbon neutrality is necessary to limit global warming to a level where global technological civilization can survive (hopefully, methane trapped in now-melting ice is a problem).

How much more realistic is the Autarky of Finland working out once international supply chains start collapsing? Like yeah I guess we can go all in on nuclear power for electricity, but food would be a problem in the face of increasingly hostile weather.

Well it is, but it can't be done so it's useless to argue for it. It would need the support of the majority to force through, and not that many people are going to accept measures that drastically reduce their standards of living. And unless the rest of the world follows at the same pace then it's pointless anyway.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

You do realize that environmentalists have tried being Calm and Rational and Presenting Reasonable Requests for Change for the last four decades and that is how we've ended up witnessing a climate catastrophe happening in front of our very eyes, right?

e. typos

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Power does not concede anything without a demand

- a bald theory man i think

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Being anti-nuke is not reasonable.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

barbecue at the folks posted:

You do realize that environmentalists have tried being Calm and Rational and Presenting Reasonable Requests for Change for the last four decades and that is how we've ended up witnessing a climate catastrophe happening in front of our very eyes, right?

e. typos

Yes. And what is Sanna Marin supposed to say to appease the EK demands? They're impossible to fulfill in the first place (even more so than the other EK's).

And mind you, they are not The
Environmentalists. They are a small fringe group that is good at getting attention but bad at doing anything with it. Having been to some climate protests, I have seen that they attract some very vocal groups who have some very odd ideas and who are also very marginal. But I don't except anyone to have a ready patent solution to our problems, which is also why I am suspicious of anyone who claims to have one. Trying to do something is still good.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
If PS ever gets into the government the respective ministers just crack under the pressure and have to take several months of sick leave before resigning.

Sorry guys we tried.

Hiekkakauppias
Mar 26, 2008

Can't imagine the amount of death threats ps ministers would get from their voters for Finland not immediately leaving eu, bringing markka back and deporting all immigrants.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
As we saw last time, nothing is more poisonous for a populist party in an actual multi-party democracy then power.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Sipilä's avokonttori and combining ministerial positions together ~~for efficiency~~ certainly helped in reducing TF/Blue life expectancy.

Like seriously, who voluntarily chooses an open plan office to work in??

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hiekkakauppias posted:

Can't imagine the amount of death threats ps ministers would get from their voters for Finland not immediately leaving eu, bringing markka back and deporting all immigrants.

They'll just say the suvack huors are keeping them from achieving anything. Oh they're in opposition? Yeah well it's COMPLICATED just trust us!

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Hiekkakauppias posted:

Something like 20% of PS voters thinks that the party is on government right now.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

What an interesting start for the weekend, when first the Police go on a far right fringe show talking about how they want to gas the extinction rebellion people and then make a narrative that demonstrating on stairs of government building is a security threat while said buildings security expert says that its all good and the president and ministers present at the building say that they didnt notice anything that would be construed as a threat.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Patrocclesiastes posted:

What an interesting start for the weekend, when first the Police go on a far right fringe show talking about how they want to gas the extinction rebellion people and then make a narrative that demonstrating on stairs of government building is a security threat while said buildings security expert says that its all good and the president and ministers present at the building say that they didnt notice anything that would be construed as a threat.

Someone didn't receive the memo that they got their extra funding already and YT's are cancelled, no need for posing.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

quote:

– Mielestäni Suomi on menossa samaan suuntaan kuin Pohjois-Korea: järjestystä on ihan liikaa ja pientä kaaosta pitäisi olla enemmän. Me pidämme Pohjois-Koreaa vastenmielisenä paikkana, mutta eroaako Suomi tietyissä asioissa loppujen lopuksi kovinkaan paljon Pohjois-Koreasta?

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-12122313

What a loving moron. Definitely persumaterial.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Nenonen posted:

Someone didn't receive the memo that they got their extra funding already and YT's are cancelled, no need for posing.

Theyre running their trustworthiness into the ground for some reason

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Poliisi: Arvioimme väärin Elokapinan aiheuttaman turvallisuus­uhan Valtio­neuvoston linnalla – ”Kyse oli väärin­ymmärryksistä”

Funny to see the cops backpedaling on it since getting called out by Sale is probably too much even for them to dismiss. Funnily enough I also saw some IL journalist get mad at Li Andersson for basically saying the same thing as Niinistö did half an hour later, and then refuse to comment on if the president saying the same thing also was as pöyristyttävää as a minister saying it. They really wanted their dangerous riot narrative going, huh.

quote:

Miksi poliisi sitten tiedotti linnassa sisällä olleiden henkilöiden ”evakuoinneista” vaihtoehtoisten reittien kautta turvallisuustilanteen heikkenemisen takia, jos näin ei lopulta tapahtunutkaan?

– Luulen, että kyse oli väärinymmärryksistä, huonoista ja varomattomista sanavalinnoista sekä siitä, miltä tilanne näyttäytyi Valtioneuvoston linnan ulkopuolelta. Linnan sisällä olleita ei evakuoitu, siellä ei koettu konkreettista uhkaa tai vaaraa, Kopperoinen sanoo.

– Poliisin sisällä täytyy nyt pohtia, miksi näin kävi, ja ottaa tapauksesta opiksi, Kopperoinen myöntää.
Hmm yeah, it was just a simple misunderstanding, that's why we went public with this narrative a day after the incident and only retracted it after it became obvious we were just making it all up and got called out on it. :hmmyes:

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

HYPRIDISODANKÄYNTIÄ HELSINGIN JA SUOMEN YTIMESSÄ

TÄMÄ ON VAIN 67-VUOTIAAN RESERVIN KAPTEENIN MIELIPIDE MUTTA MINUSTA KANSAN TULEE SAADA TIETÄÄ MITÄ KADUILLAMME TAPAHTUU NAAPURIN PROVOKAATIOOT OSUVAT OTOLLISEE

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Yeah ban PS as a foreign agent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

brakeless posted:

HYPRIDISODANKÄYNTIÄ HELSINGIN JA SUOMEN YTIMESSÄ

TÄMÄ ON VAIN 67-VUOTIAAN RESERVIN KAPTEENIN MIELIPIDE MUTTA MINUSTA KANSAN TULEE SAADA TIETÄÄ MITÄ KADUILLAMME TAPAHTUU NAAPURIN PROVOKAATIOOT OSUVAT OTOLLISEE

tässä sulle hypridi

*pieree*