Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

kirbysuperstar posted:

You know you're in for a good time when they don't even bother to edit or disable the performance measuring asset they got for free off the Unity store

It's actually from a free FPS weapon asset pack: link removed, do a Google search for "HQ FPS Template"

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Oct 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

I believe you but also

lol

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

What the hell did you do?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Well if you do a search for HQ FPS Template you'll get a few sites where you can download it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Zil posted:

What the hell did you do?

I dunno, probably blocked an ad or something. Weirdly it works now. Also that block message was in Russian. Weird website.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Yeah that's not... the place where those assets are sold.

Although I took a look at the unity store and went "wow, there's so goddamn much stuff here, who buys this" until I found an old friend and realized it's mobile games and mobile game ads. It's... honestly kind of depressing, there's gorgeous stuff in there. I'd love to play a game where this dude was the main character, but I know there's no way that dude shows up in a good one.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Grondoth posted:

Although I took a look at the unity store and went "wow, there's so goddamn much stuff here, who buys this" until I found an old friend and realized it's mobile games and mobile game ads. It's... honestly kind of depressing, there's gorgeous stuff in there. I'd love to play a game where this dude was the main character, but I know there's no way that dude shows up in a good one.

It's kind of the curse of asset packs as well, because even if you do a really good job integrating them into your game, the fact that they'll also show up in lovely mobile game ads immediately makes people think you are also one of those.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

leper khan fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Oct 9, 2021

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

oh is that why that site is so weird lmao

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

sad question posted:

What confuses me is that unlike Agony it has a positive rating on Steam. Power of the horny?

Probably because Agony was an adventure game with delusions of maturity while Succubus is an action game Doom 2016 clone that just goes full edgelord.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Grondoth posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if the outfits making those terrible fake mobile game ads are not actually paying for the assets.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

leper khan posted:

Please don't :filez:

I had no idea that was not a legal download, I've removed the link. But you've still got the link in your quote...

Grondoth posted:

Amusingly, FF15 actually has a number of enemies that are literally off the shelf Unreal assets.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Oct 9, 2021

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Play posted:

there's this first person melee combat game with titties and penises and vaginas called Succubus that just got fully released. not sure if it's really supposed to be horny or just edgy

Isn't that the game Lodin was obsessed with?

Also it was... irritating... when it was put on the gog store, splash page with nudity front and center. Even steam doesn't do that.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Amusingly, FF15 actually has a number of enemies that are literally off the shelf Unreal assets.

I would like to know more.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Oct 9, 2021

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Agents are GO! posted:

I would like to know more.

I don't have time to find it now, I but I think Super Eyepatch Wolf points it out somewhere in this video: https://youtu.be/v8lvAq_yp_w

There's at least one optional boss that clearly is a purchased asset.

Edit: ok, found it, at 11:55. I was wrong, it was actually a design that was in the portfolio of a Taiwanese asset developer that was one of several that worked on FF15. So maybe not as bad as buying an Unreal store asset, but still indicative of how slapdash FF15's development was compared to Square's norm.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Oct 9, 2021

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Thank you Steam, very cool

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > ResetEra > Terrible Awful Games: ALL CHARACTERS ARE OVER 18 YRARE OLD

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

ultrafilter posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > ResetEra > Terrible Awful Games: ALL CHARACTERS ARE OVER 18 YRARE OLD

Please :mods: please

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

ultrafilter posted:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

ultrafilter posted:

:hmmyes:

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

ultrafilter posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > ResetEra > Terrible Awful Games: None of the rape in this game is statutory

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
The Succubus page has the exact same "livestream" today.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > ResetEra > Terrible Awful Games: Join our Discrod!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

All Discrod are over 18 yrare old.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

OwlFancier posted:

All Discrod are over 18 yrare old.

And not Statutory!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

let's not have rape in a thread title actually

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

let's not have rape in a thread title actually

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > ResetEra > Terrible Awful Games: let's not have rape in a thread title actually

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

ultrafilter posted:

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
I went to the Succubus page again today (I have no life at all) and the "livestream" was still going on, same fortysomething woman with plastered on makeup. Which kinda leads me to believe that the "livestream" is actually a "recording", whose "purpose" is "to convince sweaty nerds that an actual woman had anything to do with the making of this game".

JOIN OUR DISCROD!!!

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I'm a Discrodian. Hail Ellis!

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Gynovore posted:

I went to the Succubus page again today (I have no life at all) and the "livestream" was still going on, same fortysomething woman with plastered on makeup. Which kinda leads me to believe that the "livestream" is actually a "recording", whose "purpose" is "to convince sweaty nerds that an actual woman had anything to do with the making of this game".

JOIN OUR DISCROD!!!

It isn't just that particular game/dev, Steam doesn't really seem to differentiate live broadcasts from stale reruns, everything gets the same superfluous 'now recording' indicators?

edit: ...which is to say the "now streaming" feature has always been misleading, at best.

silentsnack fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Oct 12, 2021

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
https://store.steampowered.com/app/576800/Final_Bravely/

something about that looks familiar somehow but I can't quite put my finger on it

ultrafilter posted:

.... dare I ask how long a 'yrare' is?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's pronounced "ee-rah-ray"

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Final Bravely to the polls

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Terrible Awful Games: Does everyone in this house hate wearing clothes?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

The MSJ posted:

Probably because Agony was an adventure game with delusions of maturity while Succubus is an action game Doom 2016 clone that just goes full edgelord.

Agony, iirc, also changed publisher or gained a publisher or something at one point and removed some content at the publisher's demand, leading the usual suspects to review bomb it over CENSORSHIP enough to counteract the terminally horny and the edgelords.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

quote:

In this yuri dating sim, take on the role of Emma, a twenty year old college student of Mexican origin who has a secret: she has a foot fetish.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Three things you gotta know about me:

College.

Mexican.

Feet.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Quentin Tarantino Presents:

big deal
Sep 10, 2017