Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
This comment reading bit feels kinda aggressive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Star Citizen Convention Live Event posted:

https://twitch.tv/starcitizen

Event will go for 8 hours and have numerous panels.

If you're curious about the state of the game, what they're planing to add or even to judge it's progress, you're more than welcome to watch along with those of us who have been backers for 9 years now.

Schedule is listed here https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizencon
  • 1500UTC has the opening with Chris Roberts
  • 1510UTC Guided tour of current ingame universe
  • 1715UTC Talk about the ingame and upcoming ships
  • 1900UTC About Gen12 and Vulkan usage
  • 1940UTC Showing off tech used to make planets
  • 2000UTC Server Meshing and Persistence
  • 2030UTC Ingame Sound presentation
  • 2115UTC Tony Zurovec presentation .... it'll be long and over before you know it at the same time.
  • 2300UTC closing presentation by Chris Roberts.

quote:

Sorry, this post has been removed by the moderators of r/pcgaming.
Moderators remove posts from feeds for a variety of reasons, including keeping communities safe, civil, and true to their purpose.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

They're reading fake twitch chat comments complete with old memes....

Is it always like this? Oh my God

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
I forgot about this con, I checked some backers' twitter accounts and it seems that so far 'big news' is another space yacht? :lol:

https://twitter.com/listening2day/status/1446873312471126016

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And to think nothing of this is live and they had all the time in the world to polish this turd.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Dwesa posted:

I forgot about this con, I checked some backers' twitter accounts and it seems that so far 'big news' is another space yacht? :lol:

The big news is Pyro with lots of concept art that proves it is totally real, as well as a totally real mission playthrough on an outpost.

trucutru posted:

And to think nothing of this is live and they had all the time in the world to polish this turd.

And they still had to pad it out with community submissions like player clan ads.

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Dwesa posted:

related tweet:
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/1446874133992726534

This looks so stupid, why is that chariot flying towards giant shampoo foam? Their clouds look kinda okay (except those that hit cloud ceiling), but jesus christ, leave something without clouds, it looks awful. Also put it on larger ball, it looks ridiculous. The art direction is complete poo poo

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/vdCJeiG.gifv

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

trucutru posted:

Baffling. They had Lando act like he was reading out live Twitch reactions and then put in a dissolve so it was obvious it was edited

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Colostomy Bag posted:

Probably makes sense to have a burn barrel on a space station.

edit: Space station has its own weather system.

lmao at this

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

quote:

The 400i. Holy poo poo.

The clouds flying into Pyro with storms. Holy poo poo.

The in-game Pyro settlements. Holy poo poo.

I'm going to need to order some additional "holy poo poo"s, I'm running out!

HOLY poo poo.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Even Sandi wrote her minimum :effort: tweet for this glorious day

https://twitter.com/SandiRoberts42/status/1446607572581052418

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Is that the cake roberts spit and drooled on?

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Worried about time constraints, eh?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

DaysBefore posted:

They're reading fake twitch chat comments complete with old memes....

Is it always like this? Oh my God

It's usually more stupid and funnier.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It's a good time to go back to Citizencon 2016 to see all the progress they have made since

https://www.pcinvasion.com/star-citizen-citizencon-2016-report/

So we're at around the middle bullet point of the 3.1 slide

ANSWER THE CALL!

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

!raffle

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

commando in tophat posted:

This looks so stupid, why is that chariot flying towards giant shampoo foam? Their clouds look kinda okay (except those that hit cloud ceiling), but jesus christ, leave something without clouds, it looks awful. Also put it on larger ball, it looks ridiculous. The art direction is complete poo poo
vapor for their vaporware, smoke for their smoke and mirrors

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Is there anything at all about Sq42, anything at all?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BigglesSWE posted:

Is there anything at all about Sq42, anything at all?

No, Chris got pissy about 2 years ago with the whole roadmap to the roadmap stuff so he pretty much said that no more SQ42 stuff will be shown until ready. If the community had been mature enough to understand game development this wouldn't have happened but they decided to be entitled children instead. Imagine all the incredible stuff CIG would be able to share if the community hadn't been so toxic.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Lol, we haven't forgotten about that ship that's been in concept for eight years guys! We have so many exciting non-textured pre-rendered animations to show you!

The Playstation 4 is about as old as this ship. What a joke.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

They had to dig through the archives to find the BMM footage.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

The 'fuel scoop' of this big spaceship doubles as the guest entry, huh. That doesn't sound appealing

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
here are some updated concept art pictures of this ship guys, we’re definitely making progress see? our ideas are improving

*opens up limited sales for the decade old ship*

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

The men on screen are going on about the "grand" entranceway of this spaceship. There's a large ventral fin placed at the rear end of the ship. The ventral fin had to be designed into something purposeful by Roberts directive, so it was imagined as both a fuel scoop and an entranceway for traders when the ship is on the ground. Now it's a stairway, but it's placed at the rear of the ship and the ramp faces the front. The ramp leads nowhere. So it's a big grand staircase, and they're going on about how impressive it will be to traders, but instead of leading to a more impressive room, such as in a palace, it's a ramp to a loving elevator

If it was real, of course, it'd also stink of whatever petrol the ship is apparently scooping up. Or there'd be radiation on it or something idk

.random
May 7, 2007

Wait wait. So the “con” is short for “convention,” and not “confidence”? Oof. And here I thought the name was just a little too on the nose.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Derek Smart was right.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Nova means No go in Spanish

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

wtf is going on now? :lol:

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
They just had a Sleepless in Seattle parody, but it's Star Citizen so one of the two characters was a slaver.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

jfc, you folks were right. The hobo not looking good.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

I've been watching for about 3 minutes and this way more than enough already.

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

trucutru posted:

It's a good time to go back to Citizencon 2016 to see all the progress they have made since

https://www.pcinvasion.com/star-citizen-citizencon-2016-report/

So we're at around the middle bullet point of the 3.1 slide

ANSWER THE CALL!

so the DEDICATED MINING AND REFINING SHIP. The ship that was the BACKBONE of push for mining and refining. THE SHIP THAT IS IN THE PICTURE FOR 3.1 FRONT AND CENTER.

Is 'planned' for 4.0.

EDIT: I'm a sleep deprived idiot and didn't notice these are the slides from 5 years ago. 5 loving years. why the gently caress did i buy an Orion.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Bronze Fonz posted:

I've been watching for about 3 minutes and this way more than enough already.

Citcon's are always like a train wreck you can't look away from, but somehow is intensely boring as well.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
They are literally discussing how the project is managed, like having programmers work in parallel and main/render thread balancing.

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
they are really knocking it out of the park this year...

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

akkristor posted:

EDIT: I'm a sleep deprived idiot and didn't notice these are the slides from 5 years ago. 5 loving years. why the gently caress did i buy an Orion.

They may as well be brand new slides, nothing of importance has happened in 5 years anyways.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

They just spent 15 minutes explaining this.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Bumble He posted:

they are really knocking it out of the park this year...

If only it were something more significant than a kiddie water park, and “it” were something other than said kiddies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Tippis posted:

If only it were something more significant than a kiddie water park, and “it” were something other than said kiddies.

well there is still hope that tony z (the old stoner) saves us from this snorefest