Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

TheHan posted:

And this scene I didn't understand at all, now that makes a lot more sense.

This was all I could think of during that scene;

https://youtu.be/2CCI-UZtEi4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Like wishing for more wishes, if the Stones work outside of their home universe then shouldn't the first thing you do is have the Stones round up all the other versions of themselves? Have an infinity of Infinity Stones.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Vishass posted:

Probably not, though allegedly they were initially so stoked about that episode they hand plans for a spin-off of some kind.

This series seems perfectly designed for spin-offs and toys.

Wasn't he even allegedly going to show up in Wakanda Forever too?

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Oct 9, 2021

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

mllaneza posted:

I was thinking of the creative team, but Star Lord T'Challa is indeed ripe for a spinoff.

I'd love like a comic book about him, but he's voiced by Chadwick Boseman in one of his last roles. It'd be very weird to have him voiced by someone else.

Then again, It's Disney and given what they did with Peter Cushing and Carrie Fisher...

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Yvonmukluk posted:

Wasn't he even allegedly going to show up in Wakanda Forever too?

Not show up, but Boseman had so much fun playing the character that he was working with the Wakanda Forever writers to bring some of that voice into the character.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Skwirl posted:

I'd love like a comic book about him, but he's voiced by Chadwick Boseman in one of his last roles. It'd be very weird to have him voiced by someone else.

Then again, It's Disney and given what they did with Peter Cushing and Carrie Fisher...

They've said multiple times they're not going to CG Boseman

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Kathryn Hahn is getting a WandaVision spin off.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

They've said multiple times they're not going to CG Boseman

Did he sign a different contract to Carrie Fisher and Peter Cushing?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Well, he knew what a computer was when the contracts were being negotiated.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Open Source Idiom posted:

Contracts have nothing to do with it? Disney pays the family for likeness rights. Like they do not own Cushing and Fisher as people. The Cushing or Fisher estates could have said no. They did not.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Open Source Idiom posted:

Kevin Feige has said they're not gonna do that, and he's pretty much the end all and be all when it comes to Marvel Studios.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Yeah, most importantly, Wakanda Forever is being produced after everyone poo poo all over the very essence of Rogue One's macabre CGI necromancy so Feige was able to learn from that mistake.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
iirc from all accounts kevin feige is at least partially human and listens to people whereas kathleen kennedy is not only deeply stupid but also a monster, which might affect things

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Yeah, most importantly, Wakanda Forever is being produced after everyone poo poo all over the very essence of Rogue One's macabre CGI necromancy so Feige was able to learn from that mistake.

hopefully also the use of Carrie Fisher in Rise of Skywalker - they thankfully didn't CG her actual performance for that one, but it was painfully obvious that all her dialogue (which was from deleted scenes from TFA) was repurposed to fit into a completely different storyline, which ended up creating an uncanny valley effect of its own

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

There's really only one context in which they could possibly get away with digital resurrection anyway, the Ancestral Plane, and it would have to be for a few seconds at most with no dialogue.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

And in that case they probably wouldn't have to. They likely have plenty of unused shots of him smiling beatifically they could composite into that.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Kingtheninja posted:

Anyone else hate watching titans? I just... I'm watching like ten total minutes of an episode every week and I don't think I'm poorer for it.

Just let it end, please. Dick got shot in the neck by a random kid and it's more exciting than Donna coming back from the dead with Tim drake.

Yes, and jesus Christ its just... what are they even thinking?

Hey let's make the stars and namesakes of the show totally suck at all times, have horrible plans, give lip service to working as a team and a 'family' then have one of the founders constantly go off on his own for no good reason to the point of kryptonite poisoning Superboy the 'I win' button AND HIS DOG so he can't go with him and interfere (read: end the fight in .3 seconds) yeah that'll make him a sympathetic figure with the fans, right? Also let's make Beast Boy the best hand to hand fighter and most sensible, investigative charismatic character. Like why wasn't this actor cast as Nightwing? Brenton Thwaites is sleepwalking through the part. This show is making me hate the Nightwing character. All the side plots are better than the main plot of 'Jason Todd is a complete fuckup and pathetic douche canoe and hates everyone he blames for his inherent shittiness' and 'the Scarecrow is also pathetic but honestly it doesn't take much to beat this team of zeroes I mean seriously, look at them blindly stumble around.' Their most effective member is the dead guy who got himself blown the gently caress up and thought that stripping naked and swimming through a disgusting swimming pool was a good idea. Every single person on this team is a fuckup with the possible exception of Kory and Gar who are hamstrung by Nightwing's ridiculously lovely leadership. Who are the writers for this and why is this being allowed to continue? Its just. So. BAD. Like there's fan fiction written by 13 year olds with more of a grasp of the characters and the idea of a basic plot.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/NomDePume/status/1439563108251545606?s=20

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Why would you need to look up crime fighters for millionaire Bruce Wayne? :confused:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

Why would you need to look up crime fighters for millionaire Bruce Wayne? :confused:

Who do you think finances Batman? Come on, no one could afford that sweet car without a backer.

#AskQuestions

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Batman is a duly appointed deputy of the state, his gear is obviously funded publicly :colbert:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i am the weak gay

but also lol

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Peacemaker trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OODneEUWUQY

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

I'm down with it. I kind of wish they would go into his actual belief system instead of making him a muscular killer doofus but it looks fun enough.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Doom Patrol and Titans were both renewed for another season.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
They said Young Justice Season 4 Phantomas was finally finished and dropping but it's not there yet, maybe they made the announcement a bit early

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Blockhouse posted:

Peacemaker trailer

Granted he's only in there for like 2 lines but Vigilante feels a lot like Deadpool.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

TwoPair posted:

Granted he's only in there for like 2 lines but Vigilante feels a lot like Deadpool.

There was a second where I actually checked if it was Ryan Reynolds before realizing how stupid that thought was. He was Deadpooling a bit there.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

muscles like this! posted:

Doom Patrol and Titans were both renewed for another season.

neat. i still haven't watched s2 or what's aired of s3 of Doom Patrol but i really enjoyed the first season

getting some Coagula in there would be nice

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Pennyworth is moving to HBO Max which means people will be able to actually watch it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

Pennyworth is moving to HBO Max which means people will be able to actually watch it.

Anyone know if it was any good?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It kind of looks like this might be a soft reboot of the series because there's going to be a five year time skip between season 2 (which aired on Epix) and season 3 (which will be on HBO Max.)

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Please stop giving more seasons to titans.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Kingtheninja posted:

It is 2035, the sea levels have risen 5 feet, Donald J Trump is in the midst of his 3rd term... Titans is on it's 15th season. Truly the darkest timeline.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kingtheninja posted:

The first two seasons were mixed but season 3 has been straight up terrible.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

It is 2035, the sea levels have risen 5 feet, Donald J Trump is in the midst of his 3rd term... Titans is on it's 15th season. Truly the darkest timeline.

Young Justice Season 5 comes out. It is kinda meh. This is part of the Light's plan.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

The United States posted:

They said Young Justice Season 4 Phantomas was finally finished and dropping but it's not there yet, maybe they made the announcement a bit early

I just watched the first two eps on HBOMax. It’s out.

Hope you like Conner and Megan’s relationship cuz it’s all about them.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Kingtheninja posted:

Or at least give them halfway decent writers and editors, because Christ almighty it sucks.

Looks good. But yeah. I’d be embarrassed to have my name associated with it.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Y'now, pretty good start to the season for Young Justice. Looks like they're gonna keep the season contained to this one incident and handful of main characters, which feels pretty interesting and refreshing from a show where every season is juggling several b-plots and hundreds of characters. Not super hot on having a spending a whole season the martians and their d'umb v'ocabulary and 1960s sci-fi racism storyline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Oracle posted:

I just watched the first two eps on HBOMax. It’s out.

Hope you like Conner and Megan’s relationship cuz it’s all about them.

It's nice to know I can go ahead and continue rewatching Gargoyles instead