Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Oh god you just made me realize the Wyvern battleground will be in the strike playlist. The last thing we needed was another disaster of a Nessus mission in there, Exodus Crash is enough already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Yeah Nessus is becoming excessively featured in playlists (four strikes, 50% of battlegrounds, 25% of gambit maps, two crucible maps) relative to how boring and completely irrelevant to the story it is

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

i wish failsafe was relevant again ):

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Kith posted:

they really should add that year 1 quest/adventure back (the one about the captain) for f2p

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
That dastardly Xur is selling the previewed weapons from Tuesday, but the rolls are now substantially worse. Punishment from Bungie for being early looky-loos!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
If Xur's fated engram just gave me a dupe armor piece, does that mean I have every single random-drop exotic available to me? Or could I still have unobtained weapons?
The exotics collection page is useless for figuring this out if you don't own all the dlc since it doesn't say which ones are unobtainable for you.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

If Xur's fated engram just gave me a dupe armor piece, does that mean I have every single random-drop exotic available to me? Or could I still have unobtained weapons?
The exotics collection page is useless for figuring this out if you don't own all the dlc since it doesn't say which ones are unobtainable for you.

Xur will never drop dlc-only exotics that you don’t already have. Which pieces are you missing/hoping to get?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Exotic armors from this year have to be obtained from LLSs before they'll be in the random drop pool.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Xur will never drop dlc-only exotics that you don’t already have.

I know that. What I'm asking is "if xur gave me an armor dupe does that mean I have all the non-dlc weapons as well?"

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I know that. What I'm asking is "if xur gave me an armor dupe does that mean I have all the non-dlc weapons as well?"

Yes.

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

Xur will only give you dups if you have everything from his pool already.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Alright cheers.
I wasn't sure if weapon-dupe and armor-dupe were on separate pools or the same one.
I'll start cracking those open on a different class now I guess.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Charged Up is at Ada-1 today, one of the only mods I haven't been able to get over the last year

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Kith posted:

Failsafe is one of my favorite characters and I wish they'd do more with her.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Collateral Damage posted:

Failsafe is one of my favorite characters and I wish they'd do more with her.

Throw her in an Exo and have her be BFFs with Exo Rasputin.

j3rkstore
Jan 28, 2009

L'esprit d'escalier
Rasputin doesn't deserve Failsafe :colbert:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'd buy a Rasputin ghost voice pack.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

j3rkstore posted:

Rasputin doesn't deserve Failsafe :colbert:

In the same vein, Failsafe doesn't deserve to be subjected to Rasputin

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Put failsafe in a ghost shell and have her replace Ghost.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Draxion posted:

No, that doesn't exist any more

Ooh good.

Anyone have a guess how it’s gonna work on game pass? If I were to play today on steam, should I be able to import my saves to game pass so I get beyond light or w/e?

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Oct 8, 2021

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'd buy a Rasputin ghost voice pack.

Rasputin's Arena, it's just crucible pvp but Rasputin is yelling random poo poo in Russian the entire match

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Edmond Dantes posted:

This, or at least us give us a Sagira pack, so we can have a sassy Ghost who is far superior to the nervous thing we are stuck with now.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Edmond Dantes posted:

:hmmyes:

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

We're definitely going to be sick of fighting Cabal though, good lord.

Not me, I have a soft spot for those lumbering brutes. It's quite satisfying to pop off their helmets and blow up their napalm backpacks.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Sylphosaurus posted:

This, or at least us give us a Sagira pack, so we can have a sassy Ghost who is far superior to the nervous thing we are stuck with now.

I believe they killed off Sagira entirely because of voice actor availability issues.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

DancingShade posted:

I believe they killed off Sagira entirely because of voice actor availability issues.

Morena Baccarin is in the big leagues now

It's a mistake some studios keep on making over and over and over, they make these big tentpole games, hire some ludicrous VA talent, then wonder why they can't keep them on tap. Bungie keeps learning this lesson the hard way. They have re-voiced multiple main characters now.

It is an absolute wonder they have managed to keep hold onto Lance Reddick for so long. I actually think Zavala dies soon, the budget is probably pretty massive.

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Oct 9, 2021

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Lance Reddick loves the role he'll never quit. Everyone else they've replaced is basically an actor they brought on because whoever was in charge of voice direction wanted to make a game with the cast of Firefly and had the unlimited budget of one of the biggest game publishers in the industry backing them.

Also

https://mobile.twitter.com/_tocom_/status/1446619468591861766

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I want more abilities, more magic powers and more flashy poo poo in my Destiny, not less. The abilities are fun as hell. I feel like this focus on the guns is a bad idea. Just because a couple has been overpowered in the past (looking at you rally barricade & shatterdive) doesn't mean you have to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I don't get the Shatterdive hate, honestly. Like, if that had been a number of other grenades, you'd be just as dead, and the Shatterdive took an extra cooldown (admittedly not much of one) but also the Hunter to be close to you.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

It reminds me of when Handheld Supernova was broken in crucible but at least that was a stylish kill. Shatterdive is imbecilic. it doesn't feel great to kill with it. and it sucks having a standoff with a stasis hunter who may or may not have it off cd.

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god
It is funny to throw an arc grenade on the ice as you jump backwards out of the way tho.

95% of the time I get dived because I wasn't paying attention to a leaping hunter when I know full well what's going to happen. Oddly enough time to go ffs idiot and yet not enough to stop it happening!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Throwing stasis grenades in gravlifts is also one of the few bits of fun left in strikes.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Those nerfs had better be PvP only, doing broken things with abilities in PvE is the best part of the game.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Without changing anything in PvE, just make every weapon and ability deal 1 damage in PvP.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Shockeh posted:

I don't get the Shatterdive hate, honestly. Like, if that had been a number of other grenades, you'd be just as dead, and the Shatterdive took an extra cooldown (admittedly not much of one) but also the Hunter to be close to you.

It can one shot supers (like basically every Titan super), it gives you damage reduction when you use it, it regens its own energy, it makes it very difficult to challenge a hunter close range because they can do it to you without LoS and also most grenades don't one shot you.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Even without shatterdive, the freeze CC effect from stasis grenades is a de facto oneshot in pvp since the grenade's owner can just click you to death while you can't move.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Freeze shouldn't exist in pvp. Losing control of your character is the most unfun thing to put in a pvp mode and it's silly Bungie has gone over a year letting it stay in.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Freeze in pvp should all be delayed effects like duskfield grenades currently are. Your screen starts turning blue and you have X seconds to shoot the enemy gamer dead before you stop moving.
Supers can instant freeze i guess, it's not like that's any stronger than every other super instakilling you

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Shatterdive is definitely OP because it lets me get like 10 kills per game instead of 2. I’ll continue to abuse it until it’s worthless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

xzzy posted:

Freeze shouldn't exist in pvp. Losing control of your character is the most unfun thing to put in a pvp mode and it's silly Bungie has gone over a year letting it stay in.

Nightstalker Hunter has existed for years.