Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Apparently they were so desperate they've released 3.15. Seems like a good way to put off having to talk about how much they had to cut from it.

They've spent 30 minutes explaining how shaders work. All the defenders in chat are talking about is how smart they are and how only dumb people would find it boring.

LostRook fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Oct 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/Ypg9bY8.mp4

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Why are they promoting Line Of Defence at Citizencon?

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
well where they lacked in content for citizens conned they make up for in this fanmade Fremdschämen

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Whoa...the costume contest....

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Skipped the thread from July til now. Game out?

JammyB
May 23, 2001

I slept with Mary and Joseph never found out
Was really looking forward to the costume contest, but what a disappointment with the lack of bag man spacesuits.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

lol replicants

bbchops
Jul 26, 2001

Ho ho ho! I'll have the same again!
Nap Ghost
I'm not turning the sound on for this, but it appears to be fairly standard server instancing, and something that could never possibly work?

marumaru
May 20, 2013

hoping someone will do a longpost with all the "cool stuff" CIG has shown in the event. really cba watching all of it :v

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

LostRook posted:

They just spent 15 minutes explaining this.

That looks like a level from Manic Miner

slagmatic
Apr 28, 2004

glowy melty swirling things!
tell me someone clipped that horrific smile montage lol

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

I'm the Cosco pizza box

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Interesting use of party.

marumaru posted:

hoping someone will do a longpost with all the "cool stuff" CIG has shown in the event. really cba watching all of it :v

There's been a solid 3-4 hours spent on the minutiae of technology such as the audio and shaders read robotically from the teleprompter by awkward people. I think the strategy is to be as mind-numbing as possible this year.

LostRook fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Oct 9, 2021

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

marumaru posted:

I've put it together for you:

L. Ron Hoover
Nov 9, 2009
Star Citizen is pipelines all the way down. Nothing is in them, but it's gonna be exciting once we invent a new liquid that has never been done before.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

L. Ron Hoover posted:

Star Citizen is pipelines all the way down. Nothing is in them, but it's gonna be exciting once we invent a new liquid that has never been done before.

gravity goo was our imaginations all along

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I think the server meshing segment confirmed theagent's leak about turbulent slashing server meshing to shards and a capital ship being a server unto itself never seeing anyone else. Some of the streamers are coping as best they can.

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
citcon 2021, a podcast

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Tony ZZZZZZZZZZZ

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Morphologis' stream is painful. He's got 3 other people streaming with him, but instituted a no talking over presenters rule. So it's four people looking bored out of their minds saying nothing with Tony Z promises to make pirating take longer and give fewer rewards.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Has PC gaming been saved? Just asking for a friend.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

LostRook posted:

Morphologis' stream is painful. He's got 3 other people streaming with him, but instituted a no talking over presenters rule. So it's four people looking bored out of their minds saying nothing with Tony Z promises to make pirating take longer and give fewer rewards.

lol

edit: I was in a 2 day training course held over zoom last month that had a mandatory camera on policy. I was the guy in the bottom right corner just reading forums, while pretending my camera was "off centered"

e2: update

LASER BEAM DREAM fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Oct 9, 2021

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Is there a Star Citizer version of this?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Tony Z five years ago:

Tony Z now:

Don't do SC children

(I won't post the Erin Roberts one because that would be just cruel)

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

trucutru posted:

(I won't post the Erin Roberts one because that would be just cruel)

does it require a two monitor setup?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Bumble He posted:

does it require a two monitor setup?

I mean, it's not Lesnick caliber but at least Ben is a really tall dude.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Only in Imax?

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
The closer your proximity is to this shitshow, the greater the hazard to your health

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

DYNOMISM

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
lol twitch chat is nothing but referral codes and anger about the chris roberts (-hands) currently on the screen

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Tony Z's been talking about jumptown, which seems like a basic GTA Online supply drop mission, for 20 minutes maybe. The seem to be really jazzed about it being able to happen in multiple locations, with different loot spawns and being able to set how much stuff will spawn. All stuff that was basic 15 years ago.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
"You pay to imagine this?"

Who says there is no wisdom to be found in twitch

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

nawledgelambo posted:

lol twitch chat is nothing but referral codes and anger about the chris roberts (-hands) currently on the screen

That's not true at all.
Some of them are also complaining that they'll die of old age before anything is released and that quanta needs to be actually developed, not just talked about. So there, fudster! :colbert:

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
wtf he's talking about the drug economy?

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

LostRook posted:

They are literally discussing how the project is managed, like having programmers work in parallel and main/render thread balancing.

It's important for their customers to receive an avalanche of long-winded jargon that vaguely describes CIG's workflow: it's what they draw from when they defend Star Citizen's honor from FUDsters online. The more walls of text they can throw out about how the game is being worked on (and how fiendishly complicated and revolutionary it must be, because more words used to talk about it = more complicated!), the easier it is for them to avoid addressing what that work has actually produced so far or how quickly it's been done.

L. Ron Hoover
Nov 9, 2009

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

wtf he's talking about the drug economy?

New space vitamin smuggling gameplay. Chris was inspired to add it for unknown reasons.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo is this really all it is? Chris isn't going to reveal anything? What a massive waste of time this was.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
lol chris going off on a tangent and ranting about stupid idiotic things like """expectations" can u believe those fuckin people who would ask for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Wasn't there supposed to be like a half hour of sweaty thumb man at the end?