Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Vargo posted:

I'm keeping these here for posterity to refer back to next time someone argues somehow that FOOB's strong point is its "creative onomatopoeia"

Johnston seems to save the creative onomatopoeia for the disgusting sounds. Which is...an odd distinction to make, now that we've discussed it so often.

I can't tell whether the contradictory expression is because this is clipart or because Travis is just terminal sadbrains even when he's having a good time.

Julet Esqu posted:

A booking calendar? Who are you, Bernice? Also, is the school cool with you hammering nails into their walls?

I never thought it was possible for something to seem kinky and placid at the same time yet here we are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
She just plans on getting mad rutty for the whole year.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Ugh, between Funky Winkerbean, Crankshaft and Dustin, there's been a lot of obnoxious boomer poo poo this week.

So let's visit Ballard Street to watch some benign boomers for once!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Out of curiosity, what's making these so overly bright/washed out? This is what I see on the Far Side site for the top comic:

2018 Spiderman

1979 comics

Locher Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Mandrake

Johnny Hazard

90s Overboard

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Doomykins posted:

I feel bad taking Wilbur's side but drat girl does he have a minimum heartbreak period or something. Actually if Wilbur's dumbass doesn't mistreat his dog I'll think a lot better of him overall. This post made by Dog Krew.

That's not taking Wilbur's side, it's a reaction to the author's strawman of 'women amirite' situation here.

Contrived bullshit as it's been for quite a while now.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Uramachi Sakaba

Chako

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "308 - Jucika And Fresh Firewood"

"309 - Jucika's Early Rendezvous"

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I know every mary worth story is varying degress of aggravating, especially with wilbur, his mary worth storyline just makes me really mad

sever wilbur from the strip and give that dog to a better home i hate all of this

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Like the problem in Mary Worth isn't that Wilbur doesn't know how to take care of the dog. The problem is that Wilbur's a volatile alcoholic who has threatened to throttle an innocent animal if he doesn't get his way. How did the writer forget this?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Pearls Before Swine

Peanuts (October 12, 1974)

Funky Winkerbean

A Low, Deeply Pained Moan (d/b/a Crankshaft)

Benitín y Eneas

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (May 11, 1974)

Out Our Way (July 19-21, 1937)

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

[Shudder]

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

drat, that's a fine Macintosh 512K.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

If it had been Dustin who had set up the 'Yard Sale' sign, I'd bet Ed would have rolled his eyes and done his usual "kids today are so lazy" routine. It's OK when he does it, of course.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

~Coxy posted:

drat, that's a fine Macintosh 512K.

With startlingly accurate RJ10 cable.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
The guy who draws Dustin is a literal right wing pro-Trump political cartoonist who thinks critical race theory is the great satan and the COVID response is based on lies. I'm not sure what anyone here is expecting.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Sally Forth sure does get a lot of mileage out of claiming the Forths are wacky and off kilter but doesn't actually bother showing them do anything wacky or off kilter except having the neighbors say the Forths sure are wacky and off kilter.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Calaveron posted:

Sally Forth sure does get a lot of mileage out of claiming the Forths are wacky and off kilter but doesn't actually bother showing them do anything wacky or off kilter except having the neighbors say the Forths sure are wacky and off kilter.

What, do you read every 30th comic?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Stultus Maximus posted:

What, do you read every 30th comic?

The last wacky thing I remember them doing was the whole hamburger thing which was what, last year and before that was the werewolf statue thing which was like, three years ago

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
And He Did! October 15, 1918

Outbursts of Everett True November 21, 1918

Gay and Her Gang November 22, 1929

Oaky Doaks April 24, 1936

Mopsy July 2, 1937

Up Front August 7, 1944

Dark Laughter February 12, 1949

Those Were the Days August 23, 1956

Wee Pals January 14, 1966

Dogbert June 28, 1966

sweetguts
Apr 29, 2013

I know what I'm about.

Kazinsal posted:

The guy who draws Dustin is a literal right wing pro-Trump political cartoonist who thinks critical race theory is the great satan and the COVID response is based on lies. I'm not sure what anyone here is expecting.

Dustin has a separate artist and writer, both are political cartoonists and iirc the writer is the ultra right-wing douchebag and the artist is moderate-to-left-ish?

but you're right, both of them together make a bad comic that nobody should expect anything from.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Calaveron posted:

The last wacky thing I remember them doing was the whole hamburger thing which was what, last year and before that was the werewolf statue thing which was like, three years ago

Didn't Hill have a conversation with the haunted doll that lives in the basement less than a month ago?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Slammy posted:

Dark Laughter February 12, 1949

wow, 70 years later and we're still trying to get rid of the filibuster

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

EasyEW posted:

Green Intern posted:

I can't wait for the Pizza Monster to show up!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

If it had been Dustin who had set up the 'Yard Sale' sign, I'd bet Ed would have rolled his eyes and done his usual "kids today are so lazy" routine. It's OK when he does it, of course.

Setting up a YARD SALE sign that just points people into your cluttered garage is next level even. No one is going to go rooting around for poo poo, Ed, you dumb bastard.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

I don't know why I love Chako as much as I do. I don't think I even actually get it.

But I enjoy the hell out of it every single time it's posted.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

EasyEW posted:

"And then we're coming back here and burning this loving place to the ground. And then we're going to pay that owner guy a visit, oh yes...."

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Kazinsal posted:

You're thinking of the writer, Steve Kelley, who brings us such gems as this:

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

duz posted:

You're thinking of the writer, Steve Kelley, who brings us such gems as this:

I'm almost as offended that he was too lazy to draw a well.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Why did he need to label the mom

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Kavak posted:

Why did he need to label the mom

Well, considering the quality of his art, I could understand people being confused about, well, anything.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

oobey posted:

I don't know why I love Chako as much as I do. I don't think I even actually get it.

But I enjoy the hell out of it every single time it's posted.

Same here, and I know I don't get it.

Uramachi Sakaba is growing on me too, though I don't quite have a handle on its world yet.

edit: vv these recently posted Garfields are pretty good too

davidspackage fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Oct 10, 2021

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

On The Fastrack

Compu-toon hasn't updated yet!

No Safe Havens on Sundays!

No Rae the Doe on weekends!

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

davidspackage posted:

Wilbur will be sipping a cognac by a hearthfire as Carol looks lovingly on him, a silhouette of the dogs doing it in the foreground as Wilbur looks at the reader and winks knowingly.

Meanwhile, Estelle sits in a dark, cold kitchen with Libby in her lap, tears spilling down her cheeks as she eats her microwaved meal of mac and cat hair.

The dogs will also be eating salmon!

I hope Estelle remembers that he responded to their breakup by singing loving Adele and doesn't fall for his bullshit again

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Haifisch posted:

Out of curiosity, what's making these so overly bright/washed out? This is what I see on the Far Side site for the top comic:

I have no idea! It's just been happening randomly with the snip tool since I moved to a new PC.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I love the faces in Dark Laughter. It feels like I could recognize these people on the street.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bobbins

John Allison posted:

When the work walls are closing in around you, a go-getter knows: blow everything up.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Is it still possible to throw John Allison like, five bucks for a PDF of all of Scary Go Round? I'd like to go back and read through that again but it's been like two years since the SGR website has actually been online and at this point I think he's keeping it "under reconstruction" forever intentionally so he doesn't have to go back and look at his old comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I'm going to be really mad when Estelle begs Wilbur to take her back because seeing him with this new woman makes her realize how great he is and how much she loved being with him.