Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Twelve by Pies posted:

I'm going to be really mad when Estelle begs Wilbur to take her back because seeing him with this new woman makes her realize how great he is and how much she loved being with him.

Well his new girlfriend likes his doggy style so good luck Estelle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

MariusLecter posted:

Setting up a YARD SALE sign that just points people into your cluttered garage is next level even. No one is going to go rooting around for poo poo, Ed, you dumb bastard.
Is all the stuff in the garage even his? As in no one else in the household has a claim to anything (I assume he considers everything to be his since "he paid for it" :rolleyes: )?

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

Kazinsal posted:

Is it still possible to throw John Allison like, five bucks for a PDF of all of Scary Go Round? I'd like to go back and read through that again but it's been like two years since the SGR website has actually been online and at this point I think he's keeping it "under reconstruction" forever intentionally so he doesn't have to go back and look at his old comics.

believe all the SGR volumes are on gumroad: https://scarygoround.gumroad.com/

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

davidspackage posted:

Uramachi Sakaba is growing on me too, though I don't quite have a handle on its world yet.
It's really just modern / late-20th-century working class Japan with cyberpunk-y set dressing. The sci-fi stuff that comes up is always purely in service of a given gag or story, and there's very little overarching setting per se beyond "there was a big apocalyptic war a couple hundred years ago, the environment is hosed, the country is in a more or less constant state of civil war, and it's basically lawless outside the cities". (There are some side comics that focus more on the post-apocalyptic bits of the setting, but Uramachi Sakaba pretty much sticks to cyberpunk.)

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1946

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Prince Valiant

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Dang Val, put some shoes on before you kick your nemesis's door open.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

goatface posted:

Dang Val, put some shoes on before you kick your nemesis's door open.

The only reason he put clothes on is because...poo poo, there is no reason really. Blood is a hard stain to remove. And while I doubt Katwin is around these days, I'd love to see classic Val throw her a tunic with the order to clean it, because we know how that would end.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

All four of them share one bedroom? :stare:

FoxTrot

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 10/9/01

Brenda Starr 5/15-17/47

Smokey Stover 10/17/43

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Crab Dad posted:

Well his new girlfriend likes his doggy style so good luck Estelle.

I'm still holding out hope that when Estelle begs Wilbur to come back he acts like a complete rear end in a top hat to her and then his new girlfriend goes "Wow what an rear end in a top hat" and she leaves him too so he's alone again.

But deep down I know Estelle will take Wilbur back and apologize that she was so unreasonable about breaking up with him because he loving threatened her cat.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The default snipping tool is still giving me washed out Far Sides, so I finally downloaded a new one.

The Far Side

Pickles

Zits

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

:stare:

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

What, is he gonna try to kill Jordan?

Andertoons

Flash Gordon

"I will save you from working like slaves by making you slaves."

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Phantom: wow that was a cool loving show! Anyway back to business

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
No Crabgrass today

Old School Peanuts (Jan 26, 1953)

Calvin and Hobbes (Feb 16-17, 1990)

Blind Alley

https://kumerish.com/blind-alley

And with that we are caught up with Blind Alley. What happens from here is anybody's guess.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Vater und Sohn: Flimflam (1935)

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2018 Spiderman

1979 comics

Locher Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

No Mandrake or Johnny Hazard on Sundays.

90s Overboard

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

Man, both the weekday and sunday Phantom strip has been pretty bad.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

readingatwork posted:

Calvin and Hobbes (Feb 16-17, 1990)

The thing I still think of, well into my mid-30's, to remember which is which

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

JethroMcB posted:

Remember: Starboard and Larboard.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Haifisch posted:

2018 Spiderman

1979 comics

Feels like it's The coffee. If he's just getting back into his house for the first time in a week (and this person Mr. Bones calls a "lad" lives alone, and nobody was housesitting or visiting, for him) I guess the assumption is that the coffee would also have rotted and not spilled out fresh like that. Though it seems possible that fresh coffee from a week ago might still be unspoiled, even in a biohazard-filled fridge.

On the other hand, it's just Mr. Bones and Encyclopedia Brown. No badges here, no warrants. He doesn't have to tell them anything, and probably shouldn't.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

maltesh posted:

Feels like it's The coffee. If he's just getting back into his house for the first time in a week (and this person Mr. Bones calls a "lad" lives alone, and nobody was housesitting or visiting, for him) I guess the assumption is that the coffee would also have rotted and not spilled out fresh like that. Though it seems possible that fresh coffee from a week ago might still be unspoiled, even in a biohazard-filled fridge.

On the other hand, it's just Mr. Bones and Encyclopedia Brown. No badges here, no warrants. He doesn't have to tell them anything, and probably shouldn't.

The dialogue makes it clear that's bacon fat in the coffee can (a common thing to save your fat in). But if it'd been in the fridge for a week it would be a solid mass. My guess is he put these things somewhere warm to rot and put them in the fridge not too long before to bolster his alibi.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
Yeah, that makes more sense. I saw it was black and assumed that it was coffee, and that the bacon fat was further back in the fridge.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

JethroMcB posted:

A helpful little mnemonic sentence, which even includes the colors of running lights on boats and aircraft: There's a little red port left in the bottle.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Haifisch posted:

90s Overboard

He meant with each other, dingus.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Hostile V posted:

Remember: Starboard and Larboard.

Verbally port and starboard side makes sense but remembering larboard as the left side is fair easy because they both share a L.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

You mean besides the fact you don't have to be away from home for food to go bad?

maltesh posted:

It's bacon fat in the coffee can, and bacon fat would be solid if it had been in there for a long time. That is my guess.

Edit: Beaten above with this explanation.
"You harlot!"

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "310 - Jucika Understands"

"Tavasz miatt nem működik! = Out of order because of spring!"

"311 - Jucika Runs Over"

"Kórház = Hospital"

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

JethroMcB posted:

PORT and LEFT both have 4 letters - that's how I do it.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

CzarChasm posted:

PORT and LEFT both have 4 letters - that's how I do it.

Also Left is on the side when you put out your hands and form a L with your forefinger and thumb.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
I remember with the same number of letters trick too.

Uramachi Sakaba

Chako

Here I ran afoul of the Japanese language's general lack of distinction between singular and plural. Literally she wished he got "a handsome leg[s]" and got exactly what she asked for.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
So I initially thought that this Steeple comic had the first appearance of the monster,

However, a reader on the Steeple website spotted the monster in an earlier strip,

It's in that last panel:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The sailors left port.

Bogor

Classic Cat

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
And He Died! October 18, 1918

Outbursts of Everett True November 22, 1918

Gay and Her Gang November 23, 1929

Oaky Doaks April 25, 1936

Mopsy and the Faceless Boy July 3, 1937

Up Front August 8, 1944

Dark Laughter February 19, 1949

Those Were the Days September 6, 1956

Wee Pals January 15, 1966

Dogbert June 29, 1966

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

Professor Wayne posted:

The default snipping tool is still giving me washed out Far Sides, so I finally downloaded a new one.

Looks like you figured out a workaround so not that it matters anymore, but are you using Windows and have HDR enabled? I find that my screenshots using the default snipping tool look similarly washed out unless I temporarily disable HDR in the display settings.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

:stare:
BULLSHIT

loving shaggy dog story.

Alhazred posted:

Man, both the weekday and sunday Phantom strip has been pretty bad.
The weekday story's been a bullshit shaggy dog thing too! :orks:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth-Wall

Pearls Before Swine

Peanuts (October 13, 1974)

Funky Winkerbean

COVIDshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Snow White (March 6 and 13, 1938)

Yeah, I got wrapped up in a project and flaked on Skippy content today. Sorry.