Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Skwirl posted:

You're not my real dad.

of course not, Kennel still talks to you

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ha, joke's on him. Still here, pal!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Detective Comics #1043

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

TwoPair posted:

Detective Comics #1043

So the driver knew to correct his friend that an ant has an exo-skeleton on it's outside. But by the end of the story thought his friend was talking about a human aunt and not an inscet ant?

I think he was driving distracted. And in Gotham, that will get you Batmand.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I wan̷̗̋t̴̻͘ ̸͉͂t̸͚͛ó̴̩ ̶͉̫̂g̵͈͓̀̊͘e̷̢̧̮͍̣̞̎t̸̺̍̔̏̄̚͘ ̵̭̻̥̍o̶̦̥̤̩̎̀̋̄f̸̧̖̦͕̼̺̝̍̀̆̓̕f̸̜̝͔́̃̓͛ ̶̗̌͆̍͂̅̍͂͂̀M̷̞̣̦͔̪͔̙̅͐̅͒͑͒̈́̈́r̴̩̣̃̚.̶͖̞̗̦͚̉̇̓͊̅̔͗͒̃B̵̡̩̲̩̜̫̤͉͔̰͉̄͒̈́̇̍o̶̡̭̙͔̹̻̞̼̦͇̣̓̍̈́̃͐͂ṅ̸̪̻͚̹̥e̶͇̯̳̙̩͖̜͇̋̔́ͅs̴̨̛̛̛̤̬͔̯̽̀̋̎͝͝ ̷̦̟̽̏́̓̋̋̓͂͑W̶̫̠̦̖̾̏͒̈͒̄̓́͐́͂̅͂̎̅͘͘ͅȉ̷̡̢͍͇͖̝̥̞̱̗̗̙̞͋̃͋̕͜ͅļ̴̨̡̘̲̭̺͙͚̲̺̜͚̱̹̗̽͛̆̊̐̅̕d̶̹̯̲̙͈̻̃̓͒͝ ̷̛̳͙̬̖̫̽͂̊͛̓̽̆̃̿̚͝͝Ŕ̶̛̼̤́́̐̃̓̿̂͑͐́̆́̽̀̓͋͘͝ȋ̴̜̪̠̱̟͕͍̱̩̈́͒͂̍̐͂͝d̶͉͑̈́̃̏̚e̸̢̨̛̛̪̜̗̘͇̪̯͌̐̆̌̎̇̋̄̒͐̃̌͝͠

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
drat, lucky.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Punisher #8 (1988)

Quasar #17 (1990)

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Darthemed posted:

Quasar #17 (1990)

Mark Gruenwald was a gift

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

He did a second race issue near the end of his Quasar run and Burried Alien showed up in that too. I think Makari won that race by using a special technique that made him permanently stuck in super speed, or something.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Mystery Men Comics #16 (1940)

Doctor Doom #6 (2020)

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

The Question IRL posted:

So the driver knew to correct his friend that an ant has an exo-skeleton on it's outside. But by the end of the story thought his friend was talking about a human aunt and not an inscet ant?

I think he was driving distracted. And in Gotham, that will get you Batmand.

It's Gotham City, his aunt might be famous for her exoskeleton.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Darthemed posted:

Doctor Doom #6 (2020)

Seems like it didn't work on Paladin that's just what he's always like.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

checks out

Heroes for Hire #8 (2010)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
is that supposed to be ben bailey

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Darthemed posted:

Oh god, that's terrible. I hope they found the yacht.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Ghostlight posted:

checks out

Heroes for Hire #8 (2010)

I'm sorry Paladin, but you aren't even C-list.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Grendels Dad posted:

I'm sorry Paladin, but you aren't even C-list.

I thought that was the Cobra lmao.

e: or someone... who the gently caress is a Paladin?

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

What would scrape you into C-list? A themed vehicle? A bunch of similarly themed super friends that you could get together for a heist?

Well, a vehicle of your own at least, Paladin.

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

Elissimpark posted:

What would scrape you into C-list? A themed vehicle? A bunch of similarly themed super friends that you could get together for a heist?

I thought Paladin had a panel van or something?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Elissimpark posted:

I love that on Wikipedia it says he has slightly superhuman physical abilities but there's a "citation needed."

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Elissimpark posted:

I feel like it's the super friends (or lack thereof) thing. Looking at Wikipedia it looks like the only teams Paladin's been on are the Heroes for Hire (which by its definition is not a real team) and the Thunderbolts for a year. Other than that he's just a mercenary.

Even the Punisher, who basically everyone hates, can call on like Wolverine or Black Widow or other morally gray heroes in a pinch for a team up. Paladin probably has to remind people who he is when he asks for a team up.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I thought that was the Cobra lmao.

e: or someone... who the gently caress is a Paladin?

Are you just saying names?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

TwoPair posted:

I feel like it's the super friends (or lack thereof) thing. Looking at Wikipedia it looks like the only teams Paladin's been on are the Heroes for Hire (which by its definition is not a real team) and the Thunderbolts for a year. Other than that he's just a mercenary.

Even the Punisher, who basically everyone hates, can call on like Wolverine or Black Widow or other morally gray heroes in a pinch for a team up. Paladin probably has to remind people who he is when he asks for a team up.

He almost got turned into a woman with Captain America. That changes a man.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Checking me out some Adam Warlock in the meme thread lead me to this Oglaf-y moment:

Soldier Supreme #2 2018

(Context: the Universe has been folded in half and Stephen Rogers is Captain America / Dr Strange who has been trapped in the dark dimension by Red Dormammu. The hooded people are trying to summon Satan, but with mixed success.)

Elissimpark fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Oct 12, 2021

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

TwoPair posted:

Now, now, Paladin had a brief stretch of relevance in the mid to late eighties where he was not only a member of the Avengers but he was Janet Van Dyne's boyfriend after she divorced Hank Pym! So the Wasp would probably remember him, even if no one else did.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

At the end of BMB's run on Daredevil, Paladin snipes Daredevil from a helicopter with a high powered rifle. This disables Daredevil for long enough so he can be arrested and put in jail in time for Ed Brubacker's run on Daredevil.

So Daredevil also probably remembers Paladin.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Leading Comics #2 (1942)

You Are Deadpool #3 (2018)

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Grasshopper Sans Frontere

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Elissimpark posted:

Checking me out some Adam Warlock in the meme thread lead me to this Oglaf-y moment:

Soldier Supreme #2 2018

(Context: the Universe has been folded in half and Stephen Rogers is Captain America / Dr Strange who has been trapped in the dark dimension by Red Dormammu. The hooded people are trying to summon Satan, but with mixed success.)
Where's Baal-Boy?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Sensation Comics #3 (1942)

Web Warriors: Spiders Vs. (2016)

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Kyle Starks is a dork, but he's my kind of dork. From The Six Sidekicks of Trigger Keaton #5.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

2000AD 2253

Been a while since I thought about the Time Cube.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

The concept of naming a robot Biff amuses me greatly.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I've always been a fan of the despotic robot leader, Call-Me-Kenneth.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

We're not going to talk about the masterpiece that is the "Carcinisation Station" pun in the background?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Superman #19 (1942)

Web Warriors: Electroverse (2016)

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I just love the look on Ben Grimm's face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he always has that expression. you just can't tell with his rock form.