Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/FedeItaliano76/status/1447120888848076809/photo/1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

what are these pictures of construction sites, which are cool as hell, doing in this thread about cars, which suck poo poo

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if my grandmother had wheels should would have been an ebike

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
even as someone whose brain is 75% "nyc facts," I had no idea washington square park used to look like this

https://twitter.com/GregVann/status/1446990852300029952?t=Ohrr62bA0H2GiU-hlHbEzw&s=19

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

indigi posted:

running on asphalt and/or with improper footwear will absolutely destroy your joints up to and including knees, running on dirt/grass/sand is very good

Sort of correct, running w poor form will wreck you but that’s the same with any exercise. Proper running form done in moderation is safe and beneficial for the joints

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Polo-Rican posted:

even as someone whose brain is 75% "nyc facts," I had no idea washington square park used to look like this

https://twitter.com/GregVann/status/1446990852300029952?t=Ohrr62bA0H2GiU-hlHbEzw&s=19

"woah"

-neo

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

lil poopendorfer posted:

Sort of correct, running w poor form will wreck you but that’s the same with any exercise. Proper running form done in moderation is safe and beneficial for the joints

idk how people can see the ever present 40+ geezer pack in any long distance running event and think running ruins your joints, it's just way easier for beginners to over-exert because technically everyone "knows" running versus something like bench presses where beginners are scared off things that would obviously hurt them

in my earliest running attempts i managed 10km and immediately went well why not 3km barefoot on the beach? should be easy right. thankfully i was young and the knee healed back to full, but a lot of dumb people like me try self learning or don't even consider you have to learn anything to run and wreck themselves permanently, especially sedentary adults with no muscle/joint strength

running rules cycling rules ebike rules train rules cars suck

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ebikes are for people too scared to get a real motorcycle or too lazy to ride a real bike, and its just another excuse to build fewer trains. in conclusion, your ebike is dumb bullshit, might as well be a car

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
i'm bad at sprinting so I hate it and I think it sucks

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
also running on grass is cool but watch out for little holes in the grass which will sink your ankle in and utterly destroy it. ask me how i know this

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Running on pavement or concrete is dumb and bad but running on dirt or grass is cool and good. Regardless, I'd like to see someone make a 10 mile commute via running.

Bikes are the answer here. Or running to your local tram stop I guess? Just ride the bike

if you have a 10 mile commute, why not just drive there in your car

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

ArmZ posted:

ebikes are for people too scared to get a real motorcycle or too lazy to ride a real bike, and its just another excuse to build fewer trains. in conclusion, your ebike is dumb bullshit, might as well be a car

It's reasonable for people to not want to be sweaty when they arrive at many destinations. Ebikes also don't pose as much physical danger in motion or consume as much space idly as cars do, making them friendlier to the urban environment. Don't know how to unattach this image sorry.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

It's simply too hilly here to expect everyone to bike. Yeah it's doable for many, but ebikes are an option for the rest, especially for shopping, transporting small kids, etc.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

A driver killed a college student in a crosswalk here on Friday :(

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why do I need a ebike i already have a eboy

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

huh wonder why a professional culture came about that disdains anybody with a droplet of sweat on their brow

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

God Hole posted:

huh wonder why a professional culture came about that disdains anybody with a droplet of sweat on their brow

who cares about professional culture lol I’d rather not feel all sweaty rolling up to see friends at a bar or a date

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

going to continue to use my ebike to get around without a car. thank you. - your friend sphyre

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

*my date meets me outside the restaurant, their flushed face beaming at me as their toned muscles glisten under the moonlight*

"ugh repulsive!!"

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

God Hole posted:

*my date meets me outside the restaurant, their flushed face beaming at me as their toned muscles glisten under the moonlight*

"ugh repulsive!!"

this isn’t the kink thread

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

God Hole posted:

"ugh repulsive!!"
when you ride a bicycle is the seat visible

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Filthy Hans posted:

if you have a 10 mile commute, why not just drive there in your car

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Im3JzxlatUs

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Nitevision posted:

It's reasonable for people to not want to be sweaty when they arrive at many destinations. Ebikes also don't pose as much physical danger in motion or consume as much space idly as cars do, making them friendlier to the urban environment. Don't know how to unattach this image sorry.

it must be hard to be this dumb. ebike and car bad, train good.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

if u don’t want to be sweaty y not become a train or a tram or a streetcar shakes my smhead

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Just took a leisurely walk around my chicago neighborhood. Counted 5000 cars, zero trains.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

indigi posted:

this isn’t the kink thread

Dolphin posted:

when you ride a bicycle is the seat visible

these tubby fops have to ask for the powder room as soon as they walk into the olive garden cuz the walk from the parking lot was too brutal they gotta freshen up

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
yeah thyroid cancer will do that to you

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

c'mon man

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
lol!!!

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

ebikes are fine they let old people get around without crashing their cars into you or each other, among many other lovely benefits

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
i like my ebike because i can take my flippers and diving mask over a couple of hills and swim for a few hours without worrying about my legs doing funky stuff going up the hills along car traffic on the way back, if there was a bike path id take the regular bike but tired legs and being between cars and a huge drop or a cliff face without any space to stop scares the poo poo out of me

id rather put the bike on a train and move that way but being brazilian trains are not an option unless i reincarnate as a soya bean

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

once we get rid of the cars, let's have the ebike wars then

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

ebikes do not propagate car culture and are great for commuters and the like that are terrified of exercise

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

God Hole posted:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

the technology is still evolving. a better world is possible

https://twitter.com/RealSexyCyborg/status/1447546508996341760?t=-2q-5VYzjwM9fXaq51J6iw&s=19

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Just took a leisurely walk around my chicago neighborhood. Counted 5000 cars, zero trains.

look up

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Downtown Chicago seems like a good area if you want to live without a car

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
I hate cars

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

actionjackson posted:

Downtown Chicago seems like a good area if you want to live without a car

I live in cook county, transit is okay assuming you want to go from the outer wards to the loop, or vis versa. If you want to go between wards well gently caress you then.

There was supposed to be a blue line express train but it got scrapped and public funds used to pay for a underground tunnel from Ol Musky (https://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-elon-musk-hyperloop-las-vegas-20201014-asq4yai5qvdkhlhxfzyahq6sm4-story.html), but it didnt work out for obvious reasons.

However, Chicago is spending money on having a helicopter tax service from the loop to O'Hare, richies only (https://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-helicopter-chicago-ohare-air-taxi-blade-20210218-5h365f5zcjfr7idayjektlpmfa-story.html)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

At least the Blue Line will finally be getting some love with the new 7000 series cars which should speed things up a little bit from O'Hare. Still beats the poo poo out of sitting on 90 by a longshot.