Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

TheMightyBoops posted:

It gives me great shame after seeing the end of rebuild 4 that I’m actually Gendo as an adult.

Lot to take in here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

OddTaxi was good, it feels like it kind of stalls in the middle and the last episode ruins a lot of the show.

Otherwise it was fun.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Lostconfused posted:

OddTaxi was good, it feels like it kind of stalls in the middle and the last episode ruins a lot of the show.

Otherwise it was fun.

What would you say ruined the show in the last episode? I found the ending fitting.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

They hinted a lot at it throughout the show, so leaving things ambiguous would have been fine. The art style doesn't work as well with the different character designs, and some of them are kinda forced. Ruined is hyperbole, but it does drag down the rest of the show a bit.

As for the idol group stuff that part of the ending didn't really do anything for me, so I don't really care about it one way or the other.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Lostconfused posted:

They hinted a lot at it throughout the show, so leaving things ambiguous would have been fine. The art style doesn't work as well with the different character designs, and some of them are kinda forced. Ruined is hyperbole, but it does drag down the rest of the show a bit.

As for the idol group stuff that part of the ending didn't really do anything for me, so I don't really care about it one way or the other.

I wouldn't watch a whole show like that, but I thought it did a good job of using the medium to show things and people changing.
Also I watched the first episode of MuvLuv and are they doing the thing again where the first few episodes serve as an introduction and are at least watchable while the rest of the show is an unfiltered stream of diarrhea? Because that's my bet.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

genericnick posted:

I wouldn't watch a whole show like that, but I thought it did a good job of using the medium to show things and people changing.
Also I watched the first episode of MuvLuv and are they doing the thing again where the first few episodes serve as an introduction and are at least watchable while the rest of the show is an unfiltered stream of diarrhea? Because that's my bet.

I haven’t watched it yet but I’ve got low expectations because most visual novels get really lovely adaptations. It’s also a particularly challenging adaptation because the strength of Alternative relies a lot on building off of Extra and Unlimited. Without the absolutely generic romcom world of Extra and the brutal relentless beatdown Unlimited rains upon the protagonist, the actual badass turnaround of Alternative loses a lot of weight. Without that context it probably reads like a particularly challenging isekai

I’ll probably still check it out because I absolutely loved the visual novel, but my expectations are subterranean

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

I’m glad Trigger made a thing I can watch with other people in Little Witch Academia.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

It still rocks that LWA is the one thing Trigger has done that's family friendly, and it's also a Marxist allegory.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It still rocks that LWA is the one thing Trigger has done that's family friendly, and it's also a Marxist allegory.

I remember there being a very good episode of Kill la Kill about class divides. Unfortunately it was much less family friendly on account of all the butts.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Actually you’ll find Marxism would have been much more successful historically if it had made everything about the butts. Soviet Realism that focused on rear end and tiddies would have crushed the west in no time.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

galagazombie posted:

So there’s like a dozen dubs I actually like tops.

yup

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

misadventurous posted:

if you were shinji as a kid you’re misato as an adult

Shinji in the streets
Misato in the sheets

just kidding you’re shinji in both places

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

galagazombie posted:

Actually you’ll find Marxism would have been much more successful historically if it had made everything about the butts. Soviet Realism that focused on rear end and tiddies would have crushed the west in no time.

This is why the USSR fell.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

SSSS.Gridman/Dynazenon are pretty family friendly, unless tokusatsu violence counts in your book.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

genericnick posted:

This is why the USSR fell.

Uh
Show
Some
Rtitties

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
right so while i was banned i write a novel and watched neon genesis evangelion for the first time. so basically everyone gets to share their mind with everyone and shinji. and ascend into liquid form, but because shinji is such a hosed up shithead nobody wants to do anything after such a total downer

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
BNA isn't as good as LWA, but I'd say it passes the 'can you watch this with your friends' test. So does Promare, for that matter, unless your friends/family are extremely puritan about large shirtless firemen.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

net work error posted:

Uh
Show
Some
Rtitties

u
show
some
rump

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

lollontee posted:

right so while i was banned i write a novel and watched neon genesis evangelion for the first time. so basically everyone gets to share their mind with everyone and shinji. and ascend into liquid form, but because shinji is such a hosed up shithead nobody wants to do anything after such a total downer

The rebuilds have an ending you might like more.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

end of eva > rebuild

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

I like the series ending most.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I prefer the slice of life series because I'm a doomer forcing myself into being a bloomer

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Augus posted:

end of eva > rebuild

yeah its not even close

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

https://twitter.com/IKeepItTaco/status/1446923882913480704?s=20

dont let qcs find out

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/fairy__ichika/status/1446476483652767759/photo/1

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

I like the anarcho-capitalist bowtie

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Will Japan ever stop using Nazi poo poo in shows? From the latest episode of 86.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Reik posted:

Will Japan ever stop using Nazi poo poo in shows? From the latest episode of 86.

this is a spoonfulofbromide reference

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Reik posted:

never heard of this show but I googled it and the first line of the summary is “the story is about racism” so I don’t know for sure if you’re supposed to agree with the racist pair of feet?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Augus posted:

never heard of this show but I googled it and the first line of the summary is “the story is about racism” so I don’t know for sure if you’re supposed to agree with the racist pair of feet?

You are not supposed to, but they really need to stop using actual Nazi poo poo in their make believe fascism.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Reik posted:

You are not supposed to, but they really need to stop using actual Nazi poo poo in their make believe fascism.

why???

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
this doesnt seems erreasonable

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Because Nazis are real?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Reik posted:

Because Nazis are real?

THEY ARE!?!?!?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
gently caress

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Augus posted:

THEY ARE!?!?!?

post better

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Reik posted:

post better

gently caress you

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

lollontee posted:

gently caress you

Did you really spend 50 bucks to post stuff like this?

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Reik posted:

Because Nazis are real?

Why is a problem to re-examine things that actually happened in fiction?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

man you’re gonna have a loving hernia if you watch legend of the galactic heroes