Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

fcc compliant bob posted:

Went to Office Depot looking for nothing spectacular. You know just a chair. That you work on. At work. All day.
And I'm seeing they're selling chairs by "sitting time". When did this become a thing? If I'm buying a chair, it better well let me sit in for however long I well and please. This seems like bs tactic as way to upsell the expensive chairs.

It's a rough measurement of durability. In much the same way as a car's warranty is often rated in Mileage as well as Years, so too is a good chair; "X hours of sit time per day, over 365 days per year" or whatever, represents the amount of wear tolerance you can expect within the number of years of the chairs warranty. It's not foolproof, but it's better than nothing for a way of telling you, as a customer, "this is how well built this chair is."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

It could have warranty implications. If your 4hr/day chair breaks in 6 months and you try to file a warranty claim and they ask how many hours you used it and you're like "8 hours a day because of loving covid" they could say oh you broke the terms and misused the chair so your warranty if void. "How could sitting in it an extra 4 hours a day make the back fall off?" "Void."

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
So why are chairs that were 500$ last year now 1700$ this year? Is it a buttcoin thing like with components?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Supply go down + demand go up = price go up

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Azuth0667 posted:

So why are chairs that were 500$ last year now 1700$ this year? Is it a buttcoin thing like with components?

The massive influx of WFH employees generated a spontaneous burst of demand. This new demand from individuals accompanies a drop in demand from offices, but the former is a thing that happened all at once which overwhelmed the supply chain, while the latter is a much more gradual thing that will only have an affect down the road.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Facebook Aunt posted:

It could have warranty implications. If your 4hr/day chair breaks in 6 months and you try to file a warranty claim and they ask how many hours you used it and you're like "8 hours a day because of loving covid" they could say oh you broke the terms and misused the chair so your warranty if void. "How could sitting in it an extra 4 hours a day make the back fall off?" "Void."

This however, is generally not true.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I drove all over creation to try out chairs, and ended up ordering a Humanscale Freedom. It cost a freakin' fortune, so I decided not to go with the leather because it was just that much more. I'm really loving this thing, and wish I'd chipped in for the leather. Considered sending it back, but HS is not friendly with the restocking fees, so I'll just enjoy what I've got.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I need a drat computer chair but I have no money

I am sitting on an armless wooden kitchen chair right now and it is hard and not comfortable at all

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Anyone ever used officechairatwork.com? They have a Leap V2 for $425 I'm real close to pulling the trigger on but wanted to make sure they were legit.. Nevermind, looks like they're pretty sketchy.

hamsystem fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Oct 1, 2021

autojive
Jul 5, 2007
This Space for Rent

hamsystem posted:

Anyone ever used officechairatwork.com? They have a Leap V2 for $425 I'm real close to pulling the trigger on but wanted to make sure they were legit.. Nevermind, looks like they're pretty sketchy.

This is purely anectdotal and not a formal recommendation, but I purchased my Mirra 2 from SeatingMind.com and it was a really good experience. Chair came fully assembled; just needed to pull it out of the box and pull it up to my desk. The kids had a sturdy box fort to play with for a few days as well.

They seem to have some Leap V2s for a little more than what you were willing to pay right now on their site (price also includes shipping if that is a factor) so it may be worth a look. They're NJ-based so the closer you are to them, the sooner you'd get it.

Kefit
May 16, 2006
layl

Incessant Excess posted:

Not really a computer chair but since there's no general furniture thread that I'm aware of, does anyone have experience with Stressless recliners? Eyeing the Mayfair model as a living room gaming chair.

I bought a Stressless computer chair a few months ago. It was basically the same thing as a regular Stressless recliner, except it was on a rolling wheel base. While really comfortable at first, it ended up being truly terrible to sit in for more than a few hours in a day. It had all the same comfort problems as the worst big box store computer chairs I've dealt with - namely, a complete lack of pelvic support. It was actually unbearable to sit in for a full day of work, and I'm used to working while reclining. I don't think it would have fared any better for a full day of gaming. I ended up returning it and paying a pretty fat restocking fee.

Unrelated, but last month I decided to order a Haworth Fern due to several factors - good reviews, free returns, really comfortable sounding back fin construction, and a taller back than mainstays like Steelcase Leaps and Gestures. I ended up returning it due to two main issues. First, the lower back has a really pronounced support structure that made my back hurt after a few hours - and this was a Fern without the additional lumbar support add-on! Second, the chair seat felt like it was tilted too far forward, and the seat itself didn't have enough depth. I just couldn't get comfortable on the seat, and I'm not a big guy either. It's a shame these issues existed, because the fin structure in the high chair back was insanely comfortable for my shoulders and upper back.

Are there any suggestions for chairs with higher backs? I got a chance to try out a Leap in a used furniture store, and the back was simply too small for my liking. I want a chair I can comfortably lean my shoulders into.

Kefit fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Oct 5, 2021

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Kefit posted:

Are there any suggestions for chairs with higher backs? I got a chance to try out a Leap in a used furniture store, and the back was simply too small for my liking. I want a chair I can comfortably lean my shoulders into.

Not sure what your budget is, but the Herman Miller Cosm sounds like it might be your jam - it Always Reclines (some weird gravity system that adjust the recline of the chair based on how your weight is distributed) and the back support has been nothing short of phenomenal.

I have the high-backed version with the adjustable arms, and it's been fantastic. The only downsides to it that I could possibly see are:
- The price
- I wish the seat pan was a touch deeper
- The high-backed version still isn't a proper head rest (you'll be staring at the ceiling probably, unless you put a pillow up there or something)

My preferred sitting position is with an ottoman under my computer desk, just lean back and chill while working, gaming, whatever. Lately now that the weather is getting cooler out, I've taken to tossing a hot water bottle under a blanket on the ottoman to keep my feet warm. 10/10 would recommend.

When I got this chair, I was looking for something with good back support, and it was about the time I noticed that I was comparing every other chair in the store to the back support in this thing when I was just like "well, I don't think anything is gonna beat this, so . . . gently caress it, let's do this." That was over a year ago and no regrets.

Edit: I will say that I am 100% a Headrest Guy, but the back support on this thing is LEGITIMATELY good enough that I've not needed one. HM claims the same thing about all their chairs but in my experience, it's always a filthy lie (until I found this chair anyway)

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I just got a new desk that has a really nice wood varnish finish. Is the right thing to still get a 3M mousepad? Or clean the bottom of the mouse or put teflon tape on all the pads?

The old veneer desk got wrecked where I moused, but it was also 13 years old. Just trying to preserve the finish in that square foot of space.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
There's no such thing as frictionless mouse feet so if you really care about your desk surface you should get a mousepad. Get whatever you like, dollar store cloth mats can be more than sufficient too unless you're very particular about your surface for performance gaming (but I'm guessing you're not if you used your previous desk as-is for mousing).

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Trackball

I am(was) a headrest guy, but frankly the no headrest thing on the aeron has worked out well for me. Felt odd for the first hour or so, but I haven’t missed it since then.

Kefit
May 16, 2006
layl

Zarin posted:

Not sure what your budget is, but the Herman Miller Cosm sounds like it might be your jam - it Always Reclines (some weird gravity system that adjust the recline of the chair based on how your weight is distributed) and the back support has been nothing short of phenomenal.

I have the high-backed version with the adjustable arms, and it's been fantastic. The only downsides to it that I could possibly see are:
- The price
- I wish the seat pan was a touch deeper
- The high-backed version still isn't a proper head rest (you'll be staring at the ceiling probably, unless you put a pillow up there or something)

My preferred sitting position is with an ottoman under my computer desk, just lean back and chill while working, gaming, whatever. Lately now that the weather is getting cooler out, I've taken to tossing a hot water bottle under a blanket on the ottoman to keep my feet warm. 10/10 would recommend.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm willing to pay a Cosm level price if I actually end up with The Perfect Chair (for me) at the end of the day. We have very similar sitting positions (ottoman under the desk life), so I feel encouraged now to find a showroom to try a Cosm out.

Is the Cosm comfortable at all for occasional cross legged sitting? I know this can be a weak point of mesh seat chairs. I don't spend a huge amount of time sitting cross legged at my desk, but it's one of the positions I shift through for short periods of time most days.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
I have a POS gaming chair I bought off Amazon for $100 towards the start of the pandemic.

Where should I dispose of it? I guess I could give it to Salvation Army along with a bunch of other furniture I’m donating but I don’t want to curse the future owner with a lifetime of back problems…

Should I… burn it?

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Kefit posted:

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm willing to pay a Cosm level price if I actually end up with The Perfect Chair (for me) at the end of the day. We have very similar sitting positions (ottoman under the desk life), so I feel encouraged now to find a showroom to try a Cosm out.

Is the Cosm comfortable at all for occasional cross legged sitting? I know this can be a weak point of mesh seat chairs. I don't spend a huge amount of time sitting cross legged at my desk, but it's one of the positions I shift through for short periods of time most days.

How cross-legged are we talking? I'll sometimes cross my legs out in front of me on the ottoman, and that's plenty comfortable. I'm not the type to try and fold my legs under me for that sort of position, though - I did try just now to test it, but it turns out 1). I don't really fold up like that and 2). I feel like this is where the "seat pan could use to be deeper" really comes into play (I'm a chonky boi).

All that being said, the seat is certainly MUCH flatter than an Aeron (frame is about even with the seat mesh, rather than swooping up sharply above it).

Hopefully that little bit of info helps!

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I've been a disgusting fatbody most of my life, save one short period at the end of highschool/early adulthood where I stopped being a goon briefly and lost a bunch of weight prior to slowly putting it all back on.

Anyhow, 5 years ago I got the Ikea Markus at the behest of this thread and Ikea had a sale on with free shipping. That was right around the time I met my finacee who is an unreal cook and baker which has resulted in further growth. Eventually the arms of the Markus started pinching the sides of my legs a bit which became uncomfortable. I got one of those gaming chairs costco (ours at least) has had a bunch lately as it had wider arms.

Even though it was about 50% more expensive than the Markus, it was obviously of lower quality. The thing wont stop creaking. So I sat back in my trusty beige Ikea chair the other day and the thing is just solid, but still the issue with the arms. I had the great idea that perhaps some of those bolts I had left over from TV mounts might fit and allow me to extend them out a bit, and sure enough, I had 4 that were about an inch longer and the spacers to boot, and now I'm back in prime comfort after about 5 minutes or less to swap it all out.

CHEF!!!
Feb 22, 2001

I've had a "cheapest option available" Herman Miller chair I got from Costco since I believe 2007, so I think I've gotten my money for it. Unadjustable arms, lumbar support is "90 degree angle and gently caress you if you think you can adjust it!", and seeing as time has that annoying habit of constantly moving forward, I ain't in my mid-to-late 20s no more. Between that and being 6'6" (198 cm) in height and 170 lbs. (77.2 kg), so I'm a weeee bit skinny, and in a world designed for 5'6" or so on average, yeah, my back could use some relief.

Between that and having had such a disastrous few years once I ran into the waking nightmare known as "open office layouts" that I now literally refuse to work in them anymore unless I get my own office, and I'm good at my job but not good enough to get that here in NYC, where cramming people in like sardines in a tin is the norm due to how expensive office space is, I need a new chair for my 100% remote job and just general PC usage, so here I am asking for advice.

I've been doing a fair amount of research and right now I'm looking at the Steelcase Gesture thanks to this NY Times Wirecutter review or the Steelcase Leap V2, probably a refurb for either of them such as this Leap V2 to save a few bucks.

Does anyone have any experience with these chairs? Or "Avoid Site X at all costs. You'll regret it." advice? Seeing as this chair is 14 years old and I'm typing this on a Dell 3007WFP-HC, also from 2007, I tend to buy high quality stuff and then make it last a really long time, so I do not mind spending the money.

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004
Steelcase is good, but the best thing to do is just try them out and see what you like. There's a Herman Miller showroom in NYC where you can try all of their chairs; unfortunately the Steelcase showroom isn't open to individual visits. But there are alternatives, for example I made an appointment to visit Waldner's last year since it was near my apartment, they're an authorized Steelcase dealer and have all their chairs sitting in the office to try for as long as you like.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
the best computer chair I ever had was this lazboy from the 70s I regret tossing it to the curb, leap v2 is a bitch on my rear end

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Its funny being back playing diablo 2, back when I was playing it first in my parents basement they had this couch and chair, not a loveseat, just this big rear end chair that was almost as big as a loveseat. It was so comfortable. Thats what I had pulled up to my desk. I've thought very hard about trying to find something like it to put in my office now. I ain't need wheels or anything like that. I want comfort

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
There aren't many swivel recliners with casters on the market. I wonder why?

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I've had this chair for a few years and I want to get something more comfy since I'm using it way more after everything went wfh
https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/604924/WorkPro-1000-Series-Ergonomic-MeshMesh-Mid/
Any suggestions? I'm 5'9 and 140 pounds in case that filters out any options

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

brand engager posted:

I've had this chair for a few years and I want to get something more comfy since I'm using it way more after everything went wfh
https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/604924/WorkPro-1000-Series-Ergonomic-MeshMesh-Mid/
Any suggestions? I'm 5'9 and 140 pounds in case that filters out any options

Look at an Ikea Markus. Well regarded and cheaper, if its for you.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
Any recommendations for kids chairs? I see a couple 100 dollar options on amazon from bot vreated sites but I dont know which one to waste my money one. But seriously my kid can benefit from the knowledge I've learned in the last 5 years of L4 and L5 physical therapy.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Decided on a gesture, should last me more or less forever

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.

brand engager posted:

Decided on a gesture, should last me more or less forever

I got a gesture at the start of lockdown last year, and I love it still. It's a good choice.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I've had a second hand leap v1 for ten years and the thing is hard on my rear end. I bought this thing from madisonseating which is apparently suspect. Any suggestions that aren't an aeron? Should I just buy a new steelcase chair? I'm 6'3 and 190-200lbs

biceps crimes fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Nov 9, 2021

AmericanBarbarian
Nov 23, 2011

gay_crimes posted:

I've had a second hand leap v1 for ten years and the thing is hard on my rear end. I bought this thing from madisonseating which is apparently suspect. Any suggestions that aren't an aeron? Should I just buy a new steelcase chair? I'm 6'3 and 190-200lbs

Haworth Zody is a chair that's pretty similar to the aeron, but with the Haworth style strong lumbar support, and a foam seat like the leap. I got one recently for $300 off ebay, and I'm fairly happy with it.

Xenthalon
Jun 28, 2010

Mistikman posted:

I got a gesture at the start of lockdown last year, and I love it still. It's a good choice.

Same here, been using mine since February of last year, about 12-14 hours a day during the week, working and gaming, and it's still in prime condition. Not even wear and tear on the fabric, just some smudges because of course I eat in front of the computer. No back-pains or other issues like most of my coworkers developed at home. Superb chair, would buy it again anytime.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Nobody should get the optional lumbar slider thing with the gesture, that's way too much support. The chair came in yesterday and I already took the back cushion off this morning so I could remove the extra lumbar piece.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I've been using an ikea markus for like 6 years and over the last year the gas cylinder has started weakening, took the opportunity to trade in for something more breathable and got a Mirra 2. Holy poo poo this is the most comfortable chair I've ever sat on, the support is amazing and it feels so nice. I'd get fidgety after a few hours in the Markus.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Has anyone tried the stool versions of the Steelcase chairs? I generally prefer stool/drafting chairs. I assume the steelcase versions are great, but I haven't found any to sit in which make me a little nervous.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Does anyone have experience replacing the gas piston in a chair? I got this Potterybarn chair which is loving gorgeous and surprisingly supportive, but it's too short for me – needs to be a few inches taller.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

ijyt posted:

I've been using an ikea markus for like 6 years and over the last year the gas cylinder has started weakening, took the opportunity to trade in for something more breathable and got a Mirra 2. Holy poo poo this is the most comfortable chair I've ever sat on, the support is amazing and it feels so nice. I'd get fidgety after a few hours in the Markus.

I never hear people talk about the Mirra but it was close to my favorite when I went to my HM dealer to test them out. I wound up getting an Embody because I could get a huge price break on it and for some reason the Mirra was more marked up, but I liked it more ergonomically and aesthetically than the Aerons.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I bought a Maingear chair for mainly internet and games, but lately I’ve been feeling discomfort in my lower back so I think it’s time to get a new one.

I’m willing to throw down the money for a new chair, what’s a good one for the internet/games lifestyle?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
It's the same as for anything else, the Good Chairs are what they are. (It's Herman Miller or Steelcase pretty much. They are expensive but they are worth it if you can spare the cash.)

Don't buy anything that's labeled ~GAMER~ or that looks stereotypically ~GAMER~ unless you really like excruciating lumbar pain!

Here's Ffycchi's big ol' effortpost from page 99:

Ffycchi posted:

Ffycchi's Offical Sit your rear end down in a new chair post

So after reading through quite a few posts here and only seeing "just buy hermann miller" and "all budget chairs are absolutely poo poo" I figured I would use my extensive experience of sitting on my arse in many layers of hell to give my expertise to this thread! Don't worry I've taken out any and all referral links or amazon tracking crap from the URL's. I'm not here to make money.

poo poo Tier:
Do not buy these, your back and/or arse will regret it as you age.

Literally any gaming/racing chair.
Price: $150-600

Seriously, anything that looks like this... Just don't. I don't care that your favourite streamer uses them, he gets paid to sit in them. If I got some endorsement deal tossing me six figures for just sitting in a chair while making more money doing my actual job, I would sit in them too!

I am not going to give it the courtesy of a buy it here link. If you want it, use google.

They are not ergonomic, they will fall apart quickly, the PU material will peel off, they are not good for you as you age.

poo poo tier is actually too nice for these, I wouldn't use them as a toilet. I'm going to ST that.

6mo/1year Tier:
Called because after that, throw it out. Support is gone, dead, deflated, deceased, disabled, et cetera.

Amazon Basics/ any other AMAZERN MESH BACKED "EERGONERMICZ" chair
Price: $99-300

Compared to the poo poo tier chair this is like sitting your arse on a golden throne....fooooor a month or two. After that, you might as well throw it in a bin. Consider this almost any "Mesh ergonomic chair" you see on amazon with a FEW exceptions. Just good luck digging through all the chinesium clones, fake reviews, and fake review websites to find them. I spent mooooonths on them trying to find my "perfect chair" I must have bought and sent back 30-40 of these chairs to amazon after a week of being like "oh wow...This is actually terrible. I would rather sit on a giant dildo."

The Office Depot Chair
Price: $150-300

Do you want to look like a fat cat executive? Get yourself an Office Depot Special! With PU Leather guaranteed not to start cracking and ripping off for at least 3 weeks! Oh and some of them have this air bladder plastic cushion thing under the foam that eventually breaks in some odd way and then fills up with air from the hydraulic release and you end up with one arsecheek higher than the other.....Ask me how I know...No really, I'm not kidding. I guess it would work great if you've been shot in the arse and were an arsecheek amputee or something, but for everyone else....Don't bother.

5 year tier:
No silly name here, tier is its lifespan

Eurotech Seating Ergohuman
Price range: $300-600 depending on scalpers because global pandemic chair shortage( :dafuq: )
https://www.amazon.com/Eurotech-Seating-Ergohuman-ME7ERG-Managers/dp/B01N6QL0UM

First of my recommended chairs. If you aren't paying for it. If your boss says "new chairs for the conference room!!!" but is too cheap to get the Hermann Miller/Steelcase(hereafter known as HM/SC) chairs Get these. They could probably last 10 years in a small business conference room where they aren't used terribly much, Otherwise they are overpriced for what you get. Good chair...Yeah. But at this price point id get a better used chair or something else from farther down below.

The problem with these mesh chairs is they are basically unrepairable once the mesh starts to sag, which generally starts at around 2 years, and becomes absolutely impossible to use without wanting to stab yourself in the back after 5. But hey, its for the conference room, not you. And hey, they look professional for the price so that will assuage the boss' need to stroke his ego.

Staples Hyken Task Chair
Price: $120-230(sales depending)
https://www.staples.com/Staples-Hyken-Technical-Mesh-Task-Chair-Black/product_990119

Disclaimer: I have not used this chair, it has been added due to enough comments on comfort and reliability to be tiered. Please ask others for review.

10 year tier:
See previous answer

Alera Elusion Series(comes in mid back and high back, It comes in black and white as well.)
Price: $150-300
https://www.amazon.com/Alera-ALEEL42ME10B-Elusion-Mid-Back-Multifunction/dp/B003G4OJK4/
Do not get the series II, I repeat DO NOT GET THE SERIES II, it basically takes away all the ergonomic adjustment that makes this good.

If you're on a budget stop looking. As I've stated in many previous posts, no you won't get "SUPREME SPACE AGE MATERIALS" or a great warranty...It's a chair. Dare I say a good chair. Get a pair of 20$ memory foam armrest covers(https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M8F9IYC/ if you're too lazy to do the research yourself.) And its a chair that will last you a good amount of time in a good amount of comfort.

One of the big benefits of this chair is its adjustment, My 5'1" 100 pound wife can fit on it. My 6'1" 200 Pound arse can sit on it. My 6'7" 300 pound friend can sit on it(though not recommended? if youre that size id really recommend getting a HM/SC...or a gym membership....You're hitting the edge of what you can do with physics chairs at this point mate.)

IKEA Markus Office Chair
Price: $199.00
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/markus-office-chair-vissle-dark-gray-90289172/

If it fits you it's a great chair. It doesn't have much in terms of adjustment. I would highly recommend going to your local IKEA and just sitting in one and getting a feel for it. I've heard many complaints about the armrests as well. This one comes down to personal taste/fitting which I really can't advise you on.

30 Year Tier
Wait...HOW MUCH??!!

Now we get into the big boy tier. This is where Pricing, support(warranty not physical), and material quality go up exponentially. If you can find a local office reseller and can find them there, I would highly recommend doing that because you can get them for up to a quarter of the original sticker price.

I am actually NOT going to write review's for each of these individually past this point, all of them are great chairs with lots of OHGODMYWALLET options and can last you up to 30 years with a 12 year+ warranty. Some people have even said their's have lasted longer than 30 but I'm not going down that rabbit hole of differences in construction, materials, etc of different decades...Lets just leave it at "solid option"

Hermann Miller Mirra 2
Price: $795-1500(options)
https://store.hermanmiller.com/office/office-chairs/mirra-2-task-chair/1453.html

HM Mirra Disclaimer: This chair is the IKEA Markus of the big boys. If it fits, you'll love it. if not, you will likely hate it. I have heard about a 50/50 ratio. It doesn't fit me and some other larger people I know, but it does fit others, so I highly recommend testing before buying this specific chair.

Steelcase Leap Office Chair
Price: $899-2000(options)
https://store.steelcase.com/seating/office-chairs/leap

Hermann Miller Aeron
Price: $1395-2500(options)
https://www.hermanmiller.com/products/seating/office-chairs/aeron-chairs/

Hermann Miller Embody
Price: $1635-3000
https://store.hermanmiller.com/office/office-chairs/embody-task-chair/4737.html

gently caress you money tier:

Do you want to be part of the elite club of gamers??!!
Do you want to show off your cock buying power to everyone who walks in your house??!!
Do you want to show how invested in crypto you are and how you can make your guest's money too??!!
Boy have I got the chair for you!

Hermann Miller x Logitech G Embody Gaming Chair
Price: $1595
https://store.hermanmiller.com/gaming/herman-miller-x-logitech-g-embody-gaming-chair/2517590.html

It's literally just an embody with Logitech branding, gamer aesthetic, and like $40 cheaper because at this price do you really want to have that edgy of a chair?

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Also, do not pay retail for any of those crazy expensive chairs. Find a dealer who sells to small businesses and can get a good rate. You can get a brand new HM chair for under or close to $1k.