Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

What we need is a Wes Welker press conference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/1447180863154835458?s=20

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

So am I

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

He’s gonna get fired just in time for the interim to step in and lead the team to victory against my favorite team ( the Miami Dolphins! ).

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
One of those times where I want to believe LaCanfora since he's just saying something I already think, but realize who he is and know he's just pulling a quote out of nowhere.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ehud posted:

He’s gonna get fired just in time for the interim to step in and lead the team to victory against my favorite team ( the Miami Dolphins! ).

I've always thought of you as more of a Pats fan

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

One of those times where I want to believe LaCanfora since he's just saying something I already think

He's also saying something everyone else has already been pointing out for two weeks now

The rookie QB publicly commented on a post of the players gathered together "we're all we have". I don't need a journalist online folk are eager to drag to help me figure that one out, and I don't need the online folk rushing in to be wrong again (see also "everything's Really fine between the 49ers and Harbaugh/the Eagles and Chip/the Eagles and Wentz, there's no need for this rumor to continue")

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Lol Urban is showing up on the blind gossip sites, allegedly he's been sexting her for months and told her to show up that night to meet up

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Too good to be true

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

So Flores is bad at hiring, makes weird player personnel decisions, his defense is now one of the worst in the league and we aren’t making the playoffs again in his third season as coach.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

better than the Seahawks defence

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Don't fire Zimm mid-season so that we can actually tank.

TIA

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Ehud posted:

So Flores is bad at hiring, makes weird player personnel decisions, his defense is now one of the worst in the league and we aren’t making the playoffs again in his third season as coach.

Y'all got so many picks from fleecing us and proceeded to do dick with it. Someone's gotta go for that.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

half cocaine posted:

better than the Seahawks defence

Is it?

Miami defense
Points against: 154
Yards against: 2111

Seahawks defense
Points against: 126
Yards against: 2254

Kirios posted:

Y'all got so many picks from fleecing us and proceeded to do dick with it. Someone's gotta go for that.

We'll do the thing where we keep Flores, fire Grier, hire a new GM, then fire Flores so the GM can pick his own guy...blah blah blah

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
What bar is urban gunna be at tonight?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1447301370550394887https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1447304951181545473Fire this loving piece of poo poo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/JStCyrTV/status/1447301298030841858?t=w5l-iZpKYclp469sVLdSog&s=19

I’ve seen people, who were already in the middle of crying, that didn’t look like this much of an emotional broken-down wreck

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
When I think about the Jags, I definitely think the main problem is Trevor Lawrence, lol.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Took a little over a month for the Lions to break someone this time, progress

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1447297701155155969

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

This is hilarious

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I never in my wildest dreams imagined that Urban’s NFL career would be so entertainingly tragic, it almost makes up for his 2 solid decades of being a huge piece of poo poo that I hate

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Chris James 2 posted:

:smith:

I really hope he's able to turn them around.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

It owns that Lawrence isn’t even trying to be deferential or diplomatic lol. He’s just like “yeah gently caress this clown the sooner he’s outta here the better”. He’s 22 and can already see which way the wind is blowing and who has a future beyond like December with the Jags.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

really queer Christmas posted:

:smith:

I really hope he's able to turn them around.

What happened?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DeimosRising posted:

What happened?

Crazy game where they won it with 33 seconds to go, and then lost it to Kirk Cousins and a Vikings clutch field goal.

I think it being the Vikings doing that made it significantly worse.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

"I stuck my thumb up the center's butt just like coach showed me."

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Chris James 2 posted:

I kinda feel sorry for a guy who is very obviously doomed by hooking his wagon to the Lions organization. But he made that choice of his own accord.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Campbell isn't going anywhere. The Lions have been consistently competitive this season.

Meyer and Zimmer on the other hand...

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Yeah the team bought into Campbell, they're playing above their talent level, and they've been in the mix a bunch during games. He's fine.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Hot Diggity! posted:

Yeah the team bought into Campbell, they're playing above their talent level, and they've been in the mix a bunch during games. He's fine.

wild how different the vibes are between the two 0-5 teams really

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The Lions look fired up and well-coached but absolutely talentless

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I’m pretty sure Campbell is just a glorified babysitter just there to soak up years while they rebuild. So firing him is pointless

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Lions are in a full-on rebuild and anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool. Anyone on the coaching or FO staff who wants to come back next year will get a chance. The roster, on the other hand...

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hot Diggity! posted:

they've been in the mix a bunch during games

0-16 team was like this too

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
talent is definitely the biggest issue the lions have but god it'd be nice if Campbell grew a pair and was aggressive more than once a game. this poo poo where they almost never go for it on 4th and routinely give up game winning FG drives with less than :30 left is absurd. stop playing prevent Campbell and you'd probably have 2 wins right now

i hope urban doesn't get fired any time soon bc this whole saga is the most entertaining thing in the NFL right now

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jags first team since 1962 to not score a single field goal in the first five games, which is great because all he's doing is scoring touchdown after touchdown, never stopping short of the endzone right???

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Barudak posted:

Jags first team since 1962 to not score a single field goal in the first five games, which is great because all he's doing is scoring touchdown after touchdown, never stopping short of the endzone right???

this is mostly that veteran kicker being terrible. they just switched over to the rookie today and only attempted a single 53 yarder but he'll probs make one next week

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I know this is a bad coach thread but let me say I love Brandon Staley so loving much

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

a neat cape posted:

I know this is a bad coach thread but let me say I love Brandon Staley so loving much
The fact that he spits in the face of the NFL’s overly-conservative conventional wisdom to great effect makes him endearing, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Convention isn't even that overly conservative anymore. Dude is just wilding out going for it on 4th and 7 from his own 20 and poo poo.