Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

hobbesmaster posted:

Every conference can’t be frauds… can they?

If everyone’s a fraud, no one is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
There is none righteous, no not one.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa is good actually :)

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

hobbesmaster posted:

Every conference can’t be frauds… can they?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I’ve taken a peek at the script for this season, and it looks like Nebraska finally breaks through with a win over undefeated Iowa.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i'm the one guy who voted for Pitt

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Tennessee is due for a big upset of a rival, I hope it happens this year.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

What, like Kentucky?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MourningView posted:

The turnover thing would worry me as far as sustainably being good goes.

I mean creating opportunities you can reliably do if you're good enough at it, continually coming up with them is harder.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
[quote="General Dog" post="518387373"]
What, like Kentucky?

Haha you’re funny

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Henchman of Santa posted:

MSU will probably finish 9-3 but entering this season I would've been thrilled with 6-6, so I'll take a 6-0 top 10 start even if the schedule has been soft.

I feel like you guys will get double digit wins at least. Payton Thorne's legit and is gonna be a stud for you guys for the next few years.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

General Dog posted:

I’ve taken a peek at the script for this season, and it looks like Nebraska finally breaks through with a win over undefeated Iowa.

people made this joke all 2015 too

Grittybeard posted:

The turnover thing would worry me as far as sustainably being good goes.

I mean creating opportunities you can reliably do if you're good enough at it, continually coming up with them is harder.

math is fake wins are real not worried sorry

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Oh hey MV - going from the best Iowa basketball team in decades to the best Iowa football team in decades. You're having a hell of a year in sports!

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

is it just me or is this on pace for the wildest season in history? I feel like we're rapidly approaching 2007 levels

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Hah! I was telling a buddy of mine that this year reminds me of 2007 a lot. Wasn't South Florida #1 or #2 that year? I remember Rutgers being super highly ranked too at one point.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Kirios posted:

Hah! I was telling a buddy of mine that this year reminds me of 2007 a lot. Wasn't South Florida #1 or #2 that year? I remember Rutgers being super highly ranked too at one point.

Rutgers beat USF when they were #2 but poo poo the bed the rest of the season.

It's amazing that Rutgers pretty much brought back their entire offense from last season to this season and it's gotten WAY worse. Not sure how that happened.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

MourningView posted:

I'm sure you realize deep down how lucky Iowa is

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Komet posted:

Nope don't care :)

Kirios posted:

The Rutger year where they started on a huge win streak and had the camera point Thursday night game against Louisville was 2006

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I hope Iowa does good things if for no other reason than they gave the Bucs Tristan Wirfs

downout
Jul 6, 2009

General Dog posted:

I kind of think OSU has about worked out the kinks and may be the second best team in the country right at this moment. We won’t really know for sure until pretty late in the season, but that’s my suspicion.

What the best passing offense they face in their remaining schedule? I think it's PSU with clifford at QB. I saw an article about MSU's offense being pretty dominant, but I haven't been watching their games.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Spaced God posted:

is it just me or is this on pace for the wildest season in history? I feel like we're rapidly approaching 2007 levels

2007 didn't have a Georgia that was so much better than everyone else

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Iowa winning while never looking all that impressive I’d funny actually

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

downout posted:

What the best passing offense they face in their remaining schedule? I think it's PSU with clifford at QB. I saw an article about MSU's offense being pretty dominant, but I haven't been watching their games.

Strictly in terms of their defense, OSU’s biggest worry the rest of the season is easily Kenneth Walker.

They’ve figured out the right combination of guys in the secondary and they’re all getting the experience together that they desperately needed. Given their ages they could easily poo poo the bed against someone later this year but for the most part, I think the secondary is actually going to surprise people.

The LBs are terribly pedestrian, though Steele Chambers is starting to look really good for a guy who has only played LB for like 3 months.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!

We kind of did...but you have to be alabama to get into a title without winning their division.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

KKKLIP ART posted:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Wasn't this about the time in 2007 that LSU was looking like world beaters?

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I don't know why, but it bothers me slightly that this Uga prefers to be naked.

Mascots are supposed be clothed, unless they're Ralphie or Bevo or a bird.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Yes it did 😕

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky last beat LSU in 2007, who was #1 at the time. Kentucky just beat LSU, and plays #1 next. Maybe it's meant to be. :thunk:

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

University of Arizona QB Spencer Rattler

How will we break northwestern's losing streak with a competent QB?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

RC and Moon Pie posted:

I don't know why, but it bothers me slightly that this Uga prefers to be naked.

Mascots are supposed be clothed, unless they're Ralphie or Bevo or a bird.

Aubie doesn’t wear pants like the abomination of nature he is.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Komet posted:

Having your season hinge on sean loving clifford seems like a bad plan tbh

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

Steele Chambers

Goddamn, that's such a good name.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

whos that broooown posted:

Having your season hinge on sean loving clifford seems like a bad plan tbh

Having your season hinge on a starting QB seems like a bad plan tbh

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Roasted Donut posted:

Having your season hinge on a starting QB seems like a bad plan tbh

As a fan of a team that won their last title with their 3rd string qb, unironically yes.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The current number one team has been starting a three star backup named after a hat for like three weeks now.

Roberson was a 4 star with a bunch of P5 offers, he'd have been the best Iowa quarterback recruit in decades. It's not like they had to put in a walk on or something

MourningView fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Oct 11, 2021

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

The current number one team has been starting a three star backup named after a hat for like three weeks now

“Hutson Mason” is the most UGA a name can be but Stetson Bennett is in the ballpark.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

whos that broooown posted:

As a fan of a team that won their last title with their 3rd string qb, unironically yes.

I just heard Gus Johnson's voice in my head saying "CAR. DALE. JONES."

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

It’ll never happen but lol if hat qb wins us a natty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Watching your team lose is actually a character building exercise and I thank Scott Frost for the opportunity