Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Resources on certain hills simply can't be harvested. Very dumb how this game freaks out.

It's Star Citizen if it had a multi-billionaire in charge. There's no direction cause the only direction is make more money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
you nerds havent figured out how to press f3 to pay respects

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe

Arsonide posted:

So I started playing on Andlang, because all of the goon servers were locked. I joined Covenant because goons are Covenant, in case I can ever transfer. Problem is Covenant on this server is like, 10% of the server population. So PvP missions are more like bullet hell affairs where I try and dodge roving bands of 20+ Syndicate or Marauder 50+s in the newbie zone. And I don't have the goons to fall back on, so it's just me and the poo poo pubbie Covenant on this server.

Even more confusingly, there is a Marauder company on this server called the goons. I was wondering if that was you guys for a while but they recruit random pubbies in global chat, so I doubt it. I'm about to just join a pubbie company, I'm tired of playing alone, and the game won't allow me to play with the goon company or my friends.

Am also on Andlang. Eric the Great if you want to add me. I only play a couple hours in the evening EST but I am also cov and enjoy PvP. I will probably try to transfer to Royllo when it opens up though.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Darwin_ posted:

I am just having hard time believing that our character data is covered under GDPR or any privacy law for that matter. It would be amazing tho to have my fishing level or the amount of azoth I have to be protected under a law lmao.

But I have mere feeling that only thing protected is our billing info which has nothing to do with our characters' servers and is anonymized and stored in a bunch of servers that are part of a location-independent cloud.

I am definitely not an expert on this topic and don't have any certifications or anything. If anyone knows a good data privacy lawyer, my character would like to talk to you about the Everfall Data Privacy Regulations regarding trading post transactions.

I anal, but generally anything that can be personally identifying. I'd pretty normally assume that anyone would be storing everything from chat logs (which can contain protected data) to usernames (which can contain full names, protected data, etc even if ill advised) in the same region they were created in. An email address is also covered data.

Unrelated: does this game formally allow scamming? Like EVE, I mean. Or is it an actual bannable offense?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
pretty sure its bannable

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
lol my server (Atvatabar) had two wars going at once and then a third starting immediately after and the server just exploded with a possible rollback from maint.

Least I get to keep my cheap housing taxes because whew we were not doing well having war split like that.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

But is it a "go outside you poopsocker" 24 hour ban, or a "daddy bezos is deleting your character" ban?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Mustache Ride posted:

But is it a "go outside you poopsocker" 24 hour ban, or a "daddy bezos is deleting your character" ban?

sounds like they start with the former but I imagine they escalate for further offenses.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Axel Serenity posted:

lol my server (Atvatabar) had two wars going at once and then a third starting immediately after and the server just exploded with a possible rollback from maint.

Least I get to keep my cheap housing taxes because whew we were not doing well having war split like that.

On my server after we lost our main zone the enemy that took it jacked up taxes to the max and everyone is refusing to pay them now. Even with ~18% property tax deduction it still costs me 1600g

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Honestly can we just ban New World?

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

Does it count as mod sass if we make shirts?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Digital Prophet posted:

Only if you add a obnoxiously long and pretentious quote about how goons are superior and sell them on your faction's discord.

Lics
Dec 5, 2015

Played Ark with goons and I'm here for New World

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Digital Prophet posted:

Lmao

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Oops double posting

Eels
Jul 28, 2003

Shootenanny

a dingus posted:

Am also on Andlang. Eric the Great if you want to add me. I only play a couple hours in the evening EST but I am also cov and enjoy PvP. I will probably try to transfer to Royllo when it opens up though.

I'm also on Andlang, running covenant and man you guy's aren't joking it's dire. Only have one zone that gets threatened every day. I'm just sticking to PvE TBH.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Ad by Khad posted:

some dude with an attractive voice flagged me down in windsward just to ask me to play dice with him

I had someone chase me down yelling "it's 2DCAT!" before following me around, playing 2DCAT through voice, while. I was harvesting. It was... weird

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Digital Prophet posted:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

:eyepop:

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

report from the wilds of omeyocan - where there’s a pretty equal map, with green being slightly behind, and yellow / purp being even

a Marauder guild called “hold the Meyo” imploded after their governor did nothing to arrange the defenses for Everfall and we lost horribly to the Syndicate, making everyone upset as Everfall was the only 1-25 zone the Marauders had.

one of that guild’s consuls stole the bank account (100k or something) in the exodus of members and started his own guild - and began to buy all the gems and motes he possibly could in world chat and off auction houses in order to get his stonecutting high

he was reviled for a few days for being a thief but then people came around about him because he is seemingly making a lot of money and funding attacks and upgrades idk I’m not a governor I don’t interact with those systems directly

the loss of Everfall prompted a rage filled night of Marauder pvp missions that resulted in 2 offensive wars today - at Cutlass Keys and Everfall - and 2 defensive wars in retaliation - Mourningdale and Brightwood. hilariously, Brightwood, Cutlass Keys, and Everfall all fell between 7 - 9 PM - such that if you signed up for Brightwood, you couldn’t do Cutlass or Ever, but you could do the two offensive ones back to back with like a 15 minute gap in between. I participated in 3 of these 4 wars!

Anyways, this morning at like 8 AM the governor of Goonsquad Academy (the low level overflow for Goonsquadd- the random rear end company I’m in) absconded to the Covenant with that company’s bank (17k) after getting bribed 30k to switch, and took Goonsquadd’s ~2nd best healer with him (I’m 100% the best healer btw). The governor of the Academy was one of the (still pretty rare) level 60s on the server.

long story short, we won the defenses but lost the offenses and all the marauders were very mad and sad at each other in the discord but then resolved to power level as many low level people as possible and work out some way to ensure everyone in a war is in fact listening to comms in discord - since we were managing about 30/50 attendance and our spies confirmed that our enemies had full 50/50 channels

aaaaanyways

defense healing is hectic and satisfying. offense healing is dogshit and no fun!

currently level 46, got 20 in heal staff, 15 in hatchet, a smattering of 7s and 8s on some other junk … I recently looked at the sword’s shield / tank tree and might spend some time killing boars in order to be the ultimate defensive unit: life staff and kite shield

wolfs fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Oct 11, 2021

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

wolfs posted:

report from the wilds of omeyocan - where there’s a pretty equal map, with green being slightly behind, and yellow / purp being even

a Marauder guild called “hold the Meyo” imploded after their governor did nothing to arrange the defenses for Everfall and we lost horribly to the Syndicate, making everyone upset as Everfall was the only 1-25 zone the Marauders had.

one of that guild’s consuls stole the bank account (100k or something) in the exodus of members and started his own guild - and began to buy all the gems and motes he possibly could in world chat and off auction houses in order to get his stonecutting high

he was reviled for a few days for being a thief but then people came around about him because he is seemingly making a lot of money and funding attacks and upgrades idk I’m not a governor I don’t interact with those systems directly

the loss of Everfall prompted a rage filled night of Marauder pvp missions that resulted in 2 offensive wars today - at Cutlass Keys and Everfall - and 2 defensive wars in retaliation - Mourningdale and Brightwood. hilariously, Brightwood, Cutlass Keys, and Everfall all fell between 7 - 9 PM - such that if you signed up for Brightwood, you couldn’t do Cutlass or Ever, but you could do the two offensive ones back to back with like a 15 minute gap in between. I participated in 3 of these 4 wars!

Anyways, this morning at like 8 AM the governor of Goonsquad Academy (the low level overflow for Goonsquadd- the random rear end company I’m in) absconded to the Covenant with that company’s bank (17k) after getting bribed 30k to switch, and took Goonsquadd’s ~2nd best healer with him (I’m 100% the best healer btw). The governor of the Academy was one of the (still pretty rare) level 60s on the server.

long story short, we won the defenses but lost the offenses and all the marauders were very mad and sad at each other in the discord but then resolved to power level as many low level people as possible and work out some way to ensure everyone in a war is in fact listening to comms in discord - since we were managing about 30/50 attendance and our spies confirmed that our enemies had full 50/50 channels

aaaaanyways

defense healing is hectic and satisfying. offense healing is dogshit and no fun!

currently level 46, got 20 in heal staff, 15 in hatchet, a smattering of 7s and 8s on some other junk … I recently looked at the sword’s shield / tank tree and might spend some time killing boars in order to be the ultimate defensive unit: life staff and kite shield

Woah

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Wolfs, it sounds like you're winning this game extremely hard and I'm very happy for you.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

wolfs posted:

Wow, it really is like I'm in the 1600s!

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
congratulations GoonSquadd

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

what the poo poo

edit: world is a gently caress

Digital Prophet fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Oct 11, 2021

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Digital Prophet posted:

Lol

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Digital Prophet posted:

I need this for work. :allears:

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

The Shortest Path posted:

Wolfs, it sounds like you're winning this game extremely hard and I'm very happy for you.

the answer to New World is to go native and forego traditional goon institutions, like Kurtz

the real goons are what you find along the way

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Our covenant is down to our last area, the entire world is almost all green. Oh well time to fish! Pick up flint at night for the best saltwater bait fyi

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Our covenant is down to our last area, the entire world is almost all green. Oh well time to fish! Pick up flint at night for the best saltwater bait fyi

Any reason why you should fish salt vs freshwater? Been only finishing fresh water for fish oil & fillets but not sure if I should try out saltwater.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
There is a 2star hole near me that is usually empty besides one other person that always asks me "what's biting" and the 3star holes are shoulder to shoulder. Salt water has lots of fish oil and delicate fillets, too! I dont think fishing is very "good" but it is very fun

Pick up briars for the best freshwater bait!

Harry Potter on Ice fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Oct 11, 2021

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

There is a 2star hole near me

Let's not talk about my wife like this please. :q:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

This kind of thing begs the question of if wars are limited to the 40 best players that put in an app, what if your 40 best players suck rear end

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

What happened to purp on the westcoast server they implode or something?

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

BadLlama posted:

What happened to purp on the westcoast server they implode or something?
west coast or east coast (Royollo)? because on the big R they got smoked this weekend and only had one zone as of midnight last night

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

eonwe posted:

honestly the only way albion could probably be tolerable would be hacking

*tips mousepad*

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
there is a "the baconator" title if you kill 1000 boars. I must have this

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I think you actually only need to kill 100 boars for it

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
It would be cool if PVE content didn’t drop gear. It kinda trivializes a lot of the crafting aspects when you can just kill zombies and open boxes for a bit and get a bunch of gear of varying usefulness.

It feels like just another mechanic in this game that at one point was cool and balanced for a sandbox mmo, but then some focus group told them that gamers really like getting named purple items from static drop tables and miscellaneous gear drops so they added it without considering (or caring) how it breaks other systems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God
Some guy with an ice gauntlet walked up to me and offered a duel when I was harvesting some hemp in Restless Shores. I accepted, and during the duel, I took a bite of some food instinctively because he was being a little weasel, running around kiting me with frost stuff.

After the duel, he called me several names for "using a potion". Did I break some sort of duel code? What was he on about, isn't the point of a duel to try and win? I had never dueled before, just trying to figure out why this guy chose "abuse" lol