Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
It's like Questionable Content except the author has a bizarre and mostly superfluous fixation on Sonic the Hedgehog instead of robots...and any understanding of perspective or panel layouts.

I think that's serious - this would be an utterly banal slice-of-life comic except for the casting, but the characters being who they are hasn't been relevant for anything but side gags thus far. It's bizarre and I don't think I'd say anything particularly good about the comic, but I'm at least curious to see where it goes with this and if these guys being established characters actually ends up mattering. The romantic tension between them is certainly getting to me, but not as the author intended. Instead of being invested in their relationship, I feel like a Metal x Amy slash page is looming over my head like the Sword of Damocles, and every time we see a new page I feel like we're one step closer to the one that doesn't fade to black soon enough.

EDIT: I also want to establish that "sex scene implied rather than depicted" does not mean there is no loving in the comic.

Voyager I has a new favorite as of 03:10 on Oct 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
fun fact: the comic involves literally only one OC of the author's and only one character from Archie

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

fun fact: the comic involves literally only one OC of the author's and only one character from Archie

This fact is not fun at all

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

it better be jughead

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I'm willing to believe the Sonic comic has no loving, as unlikely as that may appear, but do we eventually get to an inciting incident of some kind? Like, is there plot at some point?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Doesn't metal Sonic fly via a engine in his chest to run? 0/10 not a true sonic fan.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.
I don't personally mind if the Sonic the Hedgehog Fancomic About loving is or isn't about loving, but it'd be nice if it was timg'd

gotta passive-aggressive fast, and all that

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
You see how smooth his crotch is? The only reason this isn’t about loving is because Robotnik never gave metal sonic any nuts or bolts.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwju2Yb1mGw

I've been looking for the dog from this video for over a loving decade

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

the gently caress is metal sonic?

I legit thought that the not-sonic in that strip was an OC, partly because the onyl difference I can see between him and the real sonic is that amy is worried about sonic catching them together

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

It might not be about loving, but it doesn't seem to be about anything else either

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
If it was about loving then I could at least understand why someone would care about it.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

RFC2324 posted:

I legit thought that the not-sonic in that strip was an OC, partly because the onyl difference I can see between him and the real sonic is that amy is worried about sonic catching them together

Metal sonic is a villian first appearing in sonic cd, a game released almost 30 years ago

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

RFC2324 posted:

He was introduced in Sonic CD (which came out before Sonic 3, so it's as classic as they come, except for the weird system it was on). The most memorable stage in that game is a race against him, also got revisited in Sonic Generations for a new generation (ha) of players - I've never played CD, but I did play Generations, it's a great game.

Metal is also semi-secretly the main antagonist of Sonic Heroes but that came out during the absolute trash years of Sonic games (or rather, the first period of trash years), so probably only trve fans know about it. Or people who enjoy playing really bad games.

EDIT: lol beaten

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Simply Simon posted:

He was introduced in Sonic CD (which came out before Sonic 3, so it's as classic as they come, except for the weird system it was on). The most memorable stage in that game is a race against him, also got revisited in Sonic Generations for a new generation (ha) of players - I've never played CD, but I did play Generations, it's a great game.

Metal is also semi-secretly the main antagonist of Sonic Heroes but that came out during the absolute trash years of Sonic games (or rather, the first period of trash years), so probably only trve fans know about it. Or people who enjoy playing really bad games.

EDIT: lol beaten

Even if you don’t know sonic cd, the technically distinct but still basically the same mecha sonic was one of the more memorable parts of sonic 3 and knuckles

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Ziv Zulander posted:

Metal sonic is a villian first appearing in sonic cd, a game released almost 30 years ago

I'm sorry I never played any sonic games? :shrug:

I wasn't even trying to be a bitch about it, I honestly had no clue what the gently caress metal sonic was and was asking a question so I had more of a clue what was happening in the comic, and my exposure to the franchise is like 2 episodes of the cartoon that I saw in the 90s at a friends house, and whatever dumb poo poo on the internet that goons tricked me into looking at

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I'm not saying all Sonic fan media is a cesspool of perversion; I'm just saying I've not seen any contrary evidence yet.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

jod

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

john difool rules

difrules

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Carthag Tuek posted:

john difool rules

difrules

la pendsaison

e: mon dieu!

Former DILF has a new favorite as of 10:27 on Oct 11, 2021

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

jod etc

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

eh vou e voudrais

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:

-With The Adult's Meal you get an Adult's Toy.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Fingerporri is a magical place.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Voyager I posted:

I feel like a Metal x Amy slash page is looming over my head like the Sword of Damocles, and every time we see a new page I feel like we're one step closer to the one that doesn't fade to black soon enough.

This is exactly my experience with it as well and the reason I scroll past it as fast as physically possible. I live with calm certainty that it's gonna devolve into debauchery with zero notice.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Bobby Crosby penned the entire "storyline" for Pupkin by engaging in a One Word Story with people who, ostensibly, had shown up for a job posting on Craigslist to rebuild a fence. You can tell that one of the people in the circle had nothing but contempt for the bait-and-switch, as the comic vacillates between wholesome and nihilistic with clockwork regularity. The exact number of participants isn't clear, but it's probably like 4 willing to 1 unwilling.

Cream-of-Plenty has a new favorite as of 15:14 on Oct 11, 2021

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Boba Pearl posted:

So yeah, if you're reading Marie, what do you think so far?

If you're not, what's making you scroll past?

I skim it when you post, and it's really impressive to see how much your art, organization, dialogue, etc. have improved in a few directions. I think that as it continues to be refined into a more clear style your art style will be the thing that brings readers in.

I don't have any advice for comics, but as far as a narrative note I'd say you can rely more on adding detail to one action than having a few take place in the same strip. Showing how a punch is readied, then thrown, impacts, the person falling back, then them hitting the ground is enough for a full page if you make it dynamic. Switching the colours during action to represent impact, or draining all the colour out during a reaction could make good use of your current art style to emphasize action.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:buddy:

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006

This is the best thing ever.

New Hierarchy!

Main page - https://hierarchyofgenres.thecomicseries.com/

I'm almost caught up with Teeth in the Fields and wanted to wait for more to be posted, but hoped to bring you guys some misery to even out the wholesome joys that Pupkin and Heathcliff bring. How about -

Main page - https://bunnymeat.thecomicseries.com/

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Last time on The Adventures of the Duck Avenger

Some stuff happening here that the issue does put in an appendix to explain it, so I'll note it here.

The Duck Avenger's weapon: The Transformer shield replaces the utility belt with which he normally fights. It's got an extendo-fist and a paralyzing beam for non-lethal takedowns, as well as a small propulsion jet for getting around, and a radio uplink to One for communication. It also has a number of other features with which the Avenger is not familiar, which occasionally saves his tail but more often gets him in trouble.

Xadhoom: The last survivor of the planet Xerba, an earlier conquest of the Evronians. Formerly a brilliant scientist who had discovered how to harness the power of a sun, she turned her body into a weapon when she discovered her people had been wiped out. Now she is the most powerful being in the known universe, and only has one goal; the complete eradication of the Evronian Empire.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I remember reading this before and there's a prequel? comic that shows all that. I think skipping it is hurting the story.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
That's a fair contention, but this is what was released as issue one. There's three full prequel comics and they're all kinda weirdly paced and I don't think they'd make for good "couple pages a day" posting. Plus, this is the last prequel content to come up, everything that shows up from here on is introduced in the comic's main run.

eddoghetto
Mar 27, 2007
612 Wharf Avenue

Tree Bucket posted:

Round 2! I got a shoulder cramp trying to copy Hierarchy of Genre's style.
Will happily draw Minnows all day every day though.

I vote for Tree Bucket to win the gift card from the spooky comic contest. (That was a thing in this thread, right? I didnt just imagine it?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

eddoghetto posted:

I vote for Tree Bucket to win the gift card from the spooky comic contest. (That was a thing in this thread, right? I didnt just imagine it?)

It is a thing, but also comics are hard, and someone already created something better then I think I could produce in a month lol.