Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

so kyro has been leaking stuff from one the Slur Corp CEOs chats and he decided to talk about doxxing him and killing him irl AS A JOKE LOL BAIT because of course he did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
It’s so bad. And 100% authenticated. More toxic shitbirds to pile up in #badrans-killmails

Related, we need to get badran an account.

Kyro
Aug 1, 2021

I sang Bye Bye Bye
and all I got was this
STUPID AVATAR

TL:DR I got a dox and death threat from a guy on the internet and him and his whole loving crew can go eat a bag of dicks. This poo poo isn't funny in any context. Also gently caress SonBanana for spreading rumors about me in his fireside without even digging into the context of them. I resolved that poo poo months ago.

It took me longer than I had expected to make this post. I would work on it some, then leave and come back to it and work on it some more. This post has given me a lot of anxiety, but also closure to what I hope will be the end of all of this for myself. While I have been procrastinating, some new developments have surfaced, so I've had to rewrite or add too this whole god forsaken long winded post three times now. I think I'm satisfied with this final draft however (probably not). Apologies ahead of time for this wall of text, but I wanted to give the story of the last 2 days in its entirety.

esto es malo posted:

so kyro has been leaking stuff from one the Slur Corp CEOs chats and he decided to talk about doxxing him and killing him irl AS A JOKE LOL BAIT because of course he did

So for the record. [PANTH] Pantheon has 2 head FCs, StoneySlutz and JFactor. JFactor, allegedly, has been around in New Eden since 2006 with BoB. Since joining the EVE: Echos scene he has been quoted making rape jokes, wife jokes, and recently doxxing + murder threats. His corp [LGND] Legend is a reflection of his behavior of bad jokes, slurs, and bigotry. Some examples I have saved below.

For context, I received a screenshot of JFactor making GBS threads on the other FCs in PANTH. My source was reliable and I found it pretty humorous that the head FC of the baddies engaged in a war with HONK and friends thought so little of his fellow FCs. So, I posted this screenshot on the EVE Echos Gulag, a large public discord server set up by the Goons in HONK for pubbies and Goons to mingle and talk about the game and other bullshit.

Before I get to the doxxing part, allow me to derail the story a bit for an long winded aside... I used to play a lot of World of Warcraft back in 2008-2014. I was active on the old WOW forums then, and one day I posted a link to an image of myself in front of my mother's house. In that image you could see the house number in the background. One guy by the name of JesterShtick that I had a bad relationship with saw that post, and used it plus (from what I was told later by friends) the geotag on the image to trace me back to my address at the time. He then, within about an hour of that post, had a pizza sent to me from the local Dominos. When the delivery guy arrived my mom asked me if I ordered it. The delivery guy then told us that the pizza was ordered by a guy named Jester, the shorthand WoW username of the guy I had pissed off. I knew the name, and in that moment I felt like a cold sweat was coming on, and I think that was probably one of the most terrified moments of my young life, at the time I was 13. While trying to hid the fact that I was making GBS threads my pants at the thought that some random guy from the internet that held a grudge with me knew my RL location, I told my mom "It's not for us." The delivery guy, looking bumed, then left. Back then, WOW was my escape from reality, a relief from the stress of school and my awkward social life, where I had lots of friends I cared about and talked too every day. I was too terrified to even play the game anymore so I quit for about a month. I did eventually start playing again, because one of my closer friends from WOW who had my phone number was asking me what happened and why I stopped playing. I broke down to him in those text guys. 13 y/o me was really traumatized from this guy and what he could possibly do next. I couldn't tell my mom about it, I just bottled it up for the whole month until my friend who was concerned for me finally gave me an opportunity to open up and get past that event in my life. I'm 23 now, and I own some guns, so some shithead from the internet doesn't scare me nearly as much as it did back then. However, I also have a wife, an infant daughter, and property now so I still take this poo poo very seriously. I've been using a VPN and disabled geotags on all my devices since the JesterShtick incident.

Now onto the dox/death threat. This was posted in a private channel on their discord, taken by someone I don't know. I only found out about it because it had traded hands a few times before finally getting to me. When I first saw it I had just finished bottle feeding my daughter late at night. I opened Discord, and my jaw loving dropped.

I didn't really know what to do after reading this. I messaged JFactor to see what he had to say and this was his response...

After the poo poo show in my DMs, I started showing the dox/death threat and the DMs of me and JFactor to the guys in HONK and our allies who had diplo connections with PANTH, as well as a PANTH diplo I knew personally. I tried to stay silent publicly about the whole thing, but because the screenshot went through several hands before reaching me it was posted on Reddit.

Eventually, I was being told that SonBanana, JFactor, and some other leaders in PANTH had a long conversation on voice coms about the screenshot, and that JFactor alone was going to apologize while SonBanana tried to save face for PANTH, while doing absolutely nothing about JFactor beyond a slap on the wrist.

Then that same day, came the fireside. SonBanana brought up a Reddit post made during the fireside, saying that I had "doxxed someone before." This was a complete loving lie that he didn't correct during the fireside. He made this comment to hundreds of people while having no idea of the event or the context. The OP of the reddit post also had no loving idea what had really happened in that case, and was just digging up old poo poo to flip the controversy onto me and save face for JFactor and PANTH.

Context for this one: The image was captioned with something about HONK's bases being destroyed. The image was from inside a guy's house with a bunch of blocks being knocked over. It was posted in a discord with a few hundred people so I didn't see any harm in reposting for HONK to see. However, after I realized my cross post caused harm, I immediately deleted it and apologized. All this happened in July. 3 months before the recent events. I have NEVER doxxed or threatened to dox anyone. Hearing SonBanana spread this rumor about me has been eating me up a bit these last few days... But I'm over it now, and to me, it just shows the lengths he's willing to go to save face for his coalition.

This is basically the story up to this point. JFactor - although a bit half assed, and with a lot of personal damage control thrown in - did apologize and I'll accept his apology, but I'll never forget what happened. His crony who said he'd be the one to dox me also had this to say.

I love this game we play, I love the communities, and the people in those communities. I've made a lot of new friends, and I discovered and joined the Goons of SA through this game. I've dedicated hundreds of hours into this bad port of EVE: Online and I know that I'll be wasting hundreds of more hours of my life into this game. The part about all of this that is going to stick with me is the knowledge that someone out there really dislikes me enough over internet space ships to threaten me and my family with doxxing and murder. Something that also irks me is how much of a disservice SonBanana is doing for the Goon name. SonBanana's own corp is called [GOON] Goon Swarm, and PANTH uses Goon/Goonswarm iconography extensively in their pubbie community. This bad community management falsely reflects on us here imho.

Thanks for reading my shitpost. I'm breathing a heavy sigh of relief as some weight is lifted off of me while I hit submit.
:honk:

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009

This reminded me of mitten’s writeup of the titan madness, which I’ve dug out of archive.org here. https://web.archive.org/web/20141012222556/https://www.tentonhammer.com/node/65475/page/3

Dukes Mayo Clinic fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Oct 10, 2021

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Holy gently caress kyro that is about the domino meme? That's not anything from inside a fake boop members house that's some YouTube guy.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.knowyourmeme.com/memes/domino-effect

Kyro
Aug 1, 2021

I sang Bye Bye Bye
and all I got was this
STUPID AVATAR

esto es malo posted:

Holy gently caress kyro that is about the domino meme? That's not anything from inside a fake boop members house that's some YouTube guy.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.knowyourmeme.com/memes/domino-effect

Nah, I know what Bobbit is on about in his Reddit post saying I need to apologize. You won’t be able to find it anywhere because I deleted it a long time ago.

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

Is this like just the same as discord but with even less people and no doggo emotes

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Kyro posted:

Nah, I know what Bobbit is on about in his Reddit post saying I need to apologize. You won’t be able to find it anywhere because I deleted it a long time ago.

oh now i remember, im thinking of either cvlang or epicritical rare good meme i think

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

helperdog posted:

Is this like just the same as discord but with even less people and no doggo emotes

:smugdog:

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009

helperdog posted:

:shittypop::ccp::whoptc::grovertruk::honked:
:cheerdoge:

Kyro
Aug 1, 2021

I sang Bye Bye Bye
and all I got was this
STUPID AVATAR

helperdog posted:

Hey you're finally here! Have you never used forums before? I find a lot more interesting things here than on other forum communities, one of the best. Welcome btw, it may take you a while to get used to here :cheersdoge:

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

Kyro posted:

Hey you're finally here! Have you never used forums before? I find a lot more interesting things here than on other forum communities, one of the best. Welcome btw, it may take you a while to get used to here :cheersdoge:

No I haven't used forums because I had actual social media growing up. Why is it so not user friendly

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

helperdog posted:

No I haven't used forums because I had actual social media growing up. Why is it so not user friendly

The former wife-beating owner spent all his money on expensive cars and cookies instead of improving performance over the last 15 or so years. Also welcome hotdog

Kyro
Aug 1, 2021

I sang Bye Bye Bye
and all I got was this
STUPID AVATAR

helperdog posted:

I think that's just because of purpose. Social Media is designed to make everything sort of click bait, and there never really is a topic you can always revisit.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Web 1.0 baby

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Demon Of The Fall posted:

The former wife-beating owner spent all his money on expensive cars and cookies instead of improving performance over the last 15 or so years. Also welcome hotdog

and mangosteen, and a lovely mcmansion, and probably a gamer chair

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Kaysette posted:

Web 1.0 baby

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009

helperdog posted:

Why is it so not user friendly

because we’re old and change is bad. There are iOS and Android apps for these forums that are still user-unfriendly but a lot less so.

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

Dukes Mayo Clinic posted:

because we’re old and change is bad. There are iOS and Android apps for these forums that are still user-unfriendly but a lot less so.

I like your name

Leika
Jul 15, 2021

Dukes Mayo Clinic posted:

Yeah, the Android app is honestly the only reason I'm actually still using this. The page itself is completely unusable on mobile. And there is a reason this is called toilet Eve

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

helperdog posted:

Fuckin’ kids these days

Tenbux Tincan
Dec 22, 2004

Honk!
I lost all of my honk flare buying this great new avatar. Maybe someone could help me out ?

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

Tenbux Tincan posted:

I lost all of my honk flare buying this great new avatar. Maybe someone could help me out ?

I'm kinda bummed u didn't use the avatar I made for u. I worked rlly hard on it

Kyro
Aug 1, 2021

I sang Bye Bye Bye
and all I got was this
STUPID AVATAR

helperdog posted:

You have the best av out of everyone in the thread atm

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

Kyro posted:

Good

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Kyro posted:

This.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
wts 22,000 plex cash transaction irl only, you bring the briefcase i bring my tablet, i show you the goods and you give me the briefcase

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

wts 22,000 plex cash transaction irl only, you bring the briefcase i bring my tablet, i show you the goods and you give me the briefcase

I know this is a goof but please don’t try to do RMT here y’all.

You should have sold when it was over 2m ISK. Maybe dreads will push it back up with respecs.

Kyro
Aug 1, 2021

I sang Bye Bye Bye
and all I got was this
STUPID AVATAR

Is anyone here actually planning on getting a Dred? I want a carrier, but I'm still sinking billions into a sov system for it to be profitable.

Ise
Nov 7, 2019

Depending cost, I may get one of each. Depends how much I can churn an hour using them.

Tenbux Tincan
Dec 22, 2004

Honk!

helperdog posted:

I did it before you made the other one

Tenbux Tincan
Dec 22, 2004

Honk!

Tenbux Tincan posted:

I did it before you made the other one

ok I paid another 5bux to these dumb forums.

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

Tenbux Tincan posted:

ok I paid another 5bux to these dumb forums.

In this situation it is a pretty good investment

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
SonBanana doing what he does best and enabling shitters all over the place. He's a worm and doesn't look like hes willing to change.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

I'm almost done w/ all the f2p upgrades, what should I go for when I go pay 2 win again? I have 2.6 million exp to spend

Kyro
Aug 1, 2021

I sang Bye Bye Bye
and all I got was this
STUPID AVATAR

PleasantDirge posted:

I'm almost done w/ all the f2p upgrades, what should I go for when I go pay 2 win again? I have 2.6 million exp to spend

Drone boats are the meta atm. Everyone's fleet doctrines have changed ever since NO and SHH proved their effectiveness as anti-bubble kites in the opening of the war.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Kyro posted:

Drone boats are the meta atm. Everyone's fleet doctrines have changed ever since NO and SHH proved their effectiveness as anti-bubble kites in the opening of the war.

Large drones ahoy!

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

PleasantDirge posted:

That sure is some redtext you got there. loving hell.

Leika
Jul 15, 2021

What's redtext?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Leika posted: