Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

he’s coming home

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1447574817138425856?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

the Wolves firing Rosas has made this a lot more likely, since I doubt between the ownership transfer and that that anyone here will feel empowered enough to pull the trigger on that

the universe once again conspires to make the most hilarious outcome happen

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

also the wolves don’t have anyone to trade for him

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Beasley and prospects and draft picks, which seems to be about as good as they're being offered by anyone if the Indiana trade leak is real

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don’t even know who “Beasley” is so yeah I don’t think that was going to work

Morey isn’t selling low

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Malik Beasley, who is a pure scoring wing on a team friendly contract, but if Morey isn't selling low then he's bringing Simmons back because lol at anyone going all in on him right now

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

well he’s bringing him back yeah .

I think if Morey strikes out on Beal and dame they will move Simmons for a combo deal like Indiana floated

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

have beal or lillard ever expressed any desire to play in philly

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

no I don’t think so

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

from a beat writers article

On their end, the Sixers have been consistent about their approach to the situation. Daryl Morey is willing to make a trade if it maintains their current championship odds or improves them, and continues to explore the market as opportunities present themselves. But if such a move is not available, the Sixers prefer to keep Simmons and compete with the current group. Philadelphia is well aware that offseason positivity could fade for many teams around the league when the real games begin, and the front office is expected to be patient rather than deal Simmons for 10 cents on the dollar.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
shoulda traded simmons for lowry

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

pretty sure Lowry would not have resigned with the sixers (wanted to go to Miami )

my guess

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Simmons who?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/_travishughes/status/1447588688649728002?s=21

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it’s over

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1447737899848450053?s=21

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
booooo

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1450496839002714112
Doc Rivers is the worst but lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

ugh that’s annoying

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

i live for euph's suffering. its like water to me. it nurtures me

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’ve been working all day and seemed to have missed a lot lol

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

euphronius posted:

I’ve been working all day and seemed to have missed a lot lol

tell the boss to find another mouth and come post

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

N:

“At this point, I don’t care about that man,” Embiid said Tuesday. “He does whatever he wants. That’s not my job, that’s [the front office’s] job. I’m only focused on trying to make the team better, win some games, play hard every night, try to lead the guys we have here, and I’m sure they feel the same way. Our chemistry has been happening the last few months. So like I said, I don’t really care.

“I don’t care. That’s his problem. I’m only focused on what we’ve been doing. As a team, we’re going to be
fine."

https://www.phillyvoice.com/ben-simmons-suspended-sixers-opener-conduct-detrimental-kicked-out-practice-doc-rivers-joel-embiid/

V: lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Embiid — who told reporters recently that he and Simmons had not spoken since Philadelphia’s second-round defeat in June — still has not spoken to Simmons since the Australian returned to the team last week. As a team leader, Embiid noted the importance of having relationships with all of his teammates, but believes it is not his responsibility to get Simmons to buy back into the team concept.

“At the end of the day, our job is not to babysit somebody,” Embiid said. “We get paid for on the court, go out and play hard, win some games, that’s what we get paid for. We don’t get paid to come out here and try to babysit somebody. That’s not our job, and I’m sure my teammates feel that way.”

I guess it’s over over

like over for real

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/nbcsphilly/status/1450503054730711047?s=21

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

euphronius posted:

As a team leader, Embiid noted the importance of having relationships with all of his teammates, but believes it is not his responsibility to get Simmons to buy back into the team concept.

that kind of is your responsibility Embiid lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It was a one way unilateral embargo on that relationship.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

ok it’s still his job to try

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He did my man.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

he just said he hasn’t spoken to him since the end of the season. when did he try

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

indigi posted:

he just said he hasn’t spoken to him since the end of the season. when did he try

He hasnt spoken to him because Simmons embargoed all contact.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

so he didn’t try, then

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

indigi posted:

so he didn’t try, then

lmao you are as as dumb as simmons

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

he didn’t say “I reached out and never heard back” he said he hasn’t spoken to him

you are, as usual, making things up in your wonderful brain

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

like if Embiid is good at anything it’s deflecting blame so if Simmons cut him off we’d know about it lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

indigi posted:

he didn’t say “I reached out and never heard back” he said he hasn’t spoken to him

you are, as usual, making things up in your wonderful brain

The core leaders on the 76ers — such as Joel Embiid, Tobias Harris and Matisse Thybulle — and most of the team were set to take a jet to see Simmons before being turned away, sources said. Multiple sources said Simmons didn’t want his teammates, some of whom he considers friends, to make the Philadelphia-to-Los Angeles commute out of courtesy because he won’t change his mind on wanting a trade.

https://uproxx.com/dimemag/report-joel-embiid-sixers-players-fly-meet-ben-simmons-told-no/

euphronius fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Oct 19, 2021

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Simmons didn't cut off all communication with members of the Sixers organization this offseason. Several players, including Danny Green, Tyrese Maxey, Matisse Thybulle, and Tobias Harris, all mentioned they've had contact with Simmons at some point during the summer. However, the team's top player Joel Embiid was among those who couldn't get through to the 25-year-old three-time All-Star.

"Personally, I haven't talked to him since the season ended," Embiid said in regards to Simmons following Monday night's preseason victory over the Brooklyn Nets. "Obviously, I tried, but it wasn't successful as a lot of my teammates."

https://www.si.com/nba/76ers/news/joel-embiid-hasnt-had-contact-ben-simmons-last-season

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

euphronius posted:

Simmons didn't cut off all communication with members of the Sixers organization this offseason. Several players, including Danny Green, Tyrese Maxey, Matisse Thybulle, and Tobias Harris, all mentioned they've had contact with Simmons at some point during the summer. However, the team's top player Joel Embiid was among those who couldn't get through to the 25-year-old three-time All-Star.

"Personally, I haven't talked to him since the season ended," Embiid said in regards to Simmons following Monday night's preseason victory over the Brooklyn Nets. "Obviously, I tried, but it wasn't successful as a lot of my teammates."

https://www.si.com/nba/76ers/news/joel-embiid-hasnt-had-contact-ben-simmons-last-season

oh there we go, a different article

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

:smug:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

in any case it’s still his job to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.