Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I wonder how far away Varka is. Is he gonna be in like 5.6 or something?

dogsicle posted:

Q: Is there any way to obtain gadgets from events that I've missed? I regret missing out.

A: For Travelers who have missed out, don't worry. In Version 2.2, Travelers can use Mora to purchase the Windblume Festival Commemorative Balloon, Windsong Lyre, and Wind-Blessed Harpastum gadgets from Marjorie's store in Mondstadt~

My one problem with the Lyre is that I was hoping you'd be able to select and play songs with it yourself too, I'm not musically inclined so I never feel the urge to pull it out and gently caress with it for no reason.

Based on nothing I'm expecting there to be another survey soon so I'm gonna try and get everything on a list for once.

Give Flora and Ella Musk adult models again
Add a way to buy multiple items at a time so I can clear out all the ingredient stores at once. OR; better yet, make it a subscription so I can keep getting ingredients and just go pick them up and give them 100k mora and not have to bother with the menu.
Fix geo constructs breaking immediately on enemies and especially the Oceanid and Thunder Manifestation bosses
Add Tubby's menu fixes to every NPC
Buff Raiden Shogun by renaming her burst Musou no Hitotachi
Give us a quest to turn off the wind barriers in Stormterror's lair
Let us lock artifacts as soon as we get them instead of having to go into our menu to sort them
Let us lock the artifact potions
Add a way to lock artifact sets and swap them over to other characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Shenhe is probably 2.4 and Yae Miko is probably 2.5, assuming they don't do double new 5 stars like 2.1.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The only proper edit to Ella musk is deletion.

Also they run surveys like every three weeks? I think? Or maybe every end of patch? And we just got one like two days ago.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
Kind of a propos of nothing but Gandlethorpe, thanks a lot for showing off Kazuha, I would not have known to pull for him if you hadn't shown off his amazing utility. Mid-air boost is such an amazing thing to have. Now the game just needs to support mid-air character switching so I can combine him with Xiao.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Endorph posted:

rerun albedo in 2.3 so it can be the most dude and geo centric patch in the history of the game

:yeah:

Looks like I'll be skipping Hu Tao's banner after all. Hopefully two months of saved pulls will be enough for a good shot at Itto.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Kale posted:

Les Boys. One thing I'm also suddenly starting to notice is just how many characters wear some form of eye shadow. I never noticed on Yoimiya before last night. Zhongli and Xiao I've definitely noticed it the most of any character so far.

Eyeliner on guys is hot imo
too bad Itto looks so young, I thought he was gonna be a Buff Adult Man with that wild mane of shaggy hair from the leaks, but his face makes him look like a teenager/shounen protagonist :negative:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm glad for the man's immediate popularity

https://twitter.com/ji_shaku/status/1447569328560238600?t=lfhVLlaJ5eIc-7LpmsssvA&s=19
https://twitter.com/hakuzumu/status/1447543590830309381?t=OV6to_EUs4WZhEdjzCsj1Q&s=19
https://twitter.com/cwilocky/status/1447538765975724032?t=kPE5EMu8LXZ7spxR5pn2Vw&s=19

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
someone found a photo of the house of the Mihoyo employee that decides rerun banners

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

looks like im not pulling for polar star now :v:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Hopefully, gorou will be on Albedo's re-run banner :v:

Also, the endless struggle on wep banner if it'll be homa and some terrible wep but ZL needs a cool spear.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Boat Stuck posted:

someone found a photo of the house of the Mihoyo employee that decides rerun banners

Ah so Genshin Impact does indeed have those types of buy hundreds of the same merchandise Fujoshi whale type fans even after only a year. I was only somewhat joking before, but now can't help but feel like they're just scratching the surface here if Childe is getting that sort of mileage. If characters like Raiden Shogun did what they did in terms of banner gross I can't even imagine what characters like Itto are going to do particularly in Japan if they play all the cards exactly right like I mentioned, especially with the choice of VA. If Childe comes across as like a 7/10 on the seems like he would appeal to Fujoshi scale than Itto is strong 10/10 based on just character design alone.

I don't know how much of it is bot activity but Itto's likes on his twitter intro post are almost already at 200K in a little over 7 hours of it going up. Like nearly double Gorou's. :stonk:

Kale fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Oct 11, 2021

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Kokomi is here since I'm not saving for a 4 star cause that's always a trap.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

I had to google this cultural reference but now that I have this owns: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Setsubun#Mamemaki

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Kale posted:

I don't know how much of it is bot activity but Itto's likes on his twitter intro post are almost already at 200K in a little over 7 hours of it going up. Like nearly double Gorou's. :stonk:

I imagine it's due to Itto's novelty versus Gorou being old news. In addition to being the first buff dude, his model has been kept under wraps and so is a complete surprise to most. Even leak followers didn't know exactly what he'd look like.

Also the thirst factor.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

King of Bleh posted:

I had to google this cultural reference but now that I have this owns: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Setsubun#Mamemaki

Yeah, and Itto is deathly allergic to soy.

Kale
May 14, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

I imagine it's due to Itto's novelty versus Gorou being old news. In addition to being the first buff dude, his model has been kept under wraps and so is a complete surprise to most. Even leak followers didn't know exactly what he'd look like.

Also the thirst factor.

Hard for me to imagine them getting off to a better start with this one honestly. I'm a male obviously but I've kind of gotten a sense of pattern for the sort of character that Fujoshi anime/JRPG fans tend to be into over the years and he really looks like a bullseye. He also seems like he could be a more than a little bitty goofy, over the top flamboyant, and lackadaisical as well which seems to be among if not THE key popular personality types with the demographic he's targeting. I strongly suspect that's a key part of Childe's popularity with Asian women as well.

I'm kind of curious to see what sort of story they have in mind for Childe's character quest part II and whether it's going to be locked behind story completion or not. Will it be a little more serious given what's happened to his comrades after Inazuma or will it be kind of comedic like the one where he went to ridiculous lengths not to let his little brother figure out what he actually does for a living.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Wait is Klee’s story part two still in the game? Wtf is that, just wandering around town and then being like welp some weirdo wants to traumatize Klee oh well.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Yeah, and Itto is deathly allergic to soy.

i need this to be represented in game like Shogun's inability to cook. make the man unable to eat any foods with tofu in the recipe

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I hit level 10 in Inazuma rep today and determined that the purple wings look best on Raiden, Keqing and Mona :v:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

loving poo poo I want Yanfei and Hu Tao, but I already have Childe

Dunno what to do tbh

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I learned something new today
https://i.imgur.com/cNEwiZo.mp4

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

gated

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

gatekeep girlboss

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Garrand posted:

This also works with Zhongli pillar. Geo traveler construct should too, but I've never tried.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

dogsicle posted:

i need this to be represented in game like Shogun's inability to cook. make the man unable to eat any foods with tofu in the recipe

Or he can eat anything, but if he's allergic he takes HP damage. :twisted:

Aquila
Jan 24, 2003

AParadox posted:

This also works with Zhongli pillar. Geo traveler construct should too, but I've never tried.

and Guoba

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

RareAcumen posted:

Buff Raiden Shogun by renaming her burst Musou no Hitotachi
There's lore reasons why her burst is not named "Musou no Hitotachi". You should read the skill description for her burst.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Garrand posted:

then you learned something else in that it doesn't work on multiplayer

fabiopenz
Jun 22, 2015

AParadox posted:

I vaguely remember a video where the construct breaks and does a bunch of damage instead.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
If Itto uses a brand new base model, Smiley Yanxiao should get a vision (and obv a new wardrobe) so they can make more use of it.

fabiopenz posted:

I vaguely remember a video where the construct breaks and does a bunch of damage instead.

I use Geo Traveler a lot and can confirm. You can get him pretty significantly under 50% before he starts phase 2 by letting him run into your rocks.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

If Itto uses a brand new base model, Smiley Yanxiao should get a vision (and obv a new wardrobe) so they can make more use of it.

A known NPC getting a vision and becoming playable is my biggest want. The quest for that would be great.

(Or Barb's stalker is one who gets it because of his extreme toxic fandom)

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Nyoro posted:

loving poo poo I want Yanfei and Hu Tao, but I already have Childe

Dunno what to do tbh
I've been using Yanfei in the abyss for a few weeks. She hits very hard and you can run her burst indefinitely with a little ER, not that you would want to. I hate Yanfei.

Kinda like Fischl, Yanfei doesn't need that much energy recharge because burst uptime isn't an issue with the way she alternates between skill/burst to max scarlet seals. When her burst isn't up you just pop her elemental skill, do a charged attack, and swap. Her burst will be up next time you rotate to her. Yanfei's problem is too much burst uptime where she hogs the drat field. She is a glass cannon that must constantly pause for charged attacks, which means extra dodging before/after those charged attacks. Too much dodging, not enough attacking. She eats up stamina zigzagging around. Also because you want to keep your distance it makes grouping enemies harder.

c4 is a real game-changer for Yanfei. With the c4 shield you can make the tactical decision to dodge less, get better grouping, and quickly lay out her sequence until she starts taking damage and then swap without finishing her burst duration. Get her damage out there and rotate. c4 Yanfei works.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Happy with the 4* selection for Childe because I don't have any of them at a high con. Extremely bummed about the MoD, I was actually gonna do the weapon banner, but now? Naw.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I actually don't know why there's so much hype for the Polar Star. Like yeah it's an upgrade to Skyward Harp but Skywards have never been considered anything special and are just meant to be baseline solid 5* weapons. Amos is way better on Ganyu than everything else, Rust is as good or better than every 5* bow other than the signature bow for Yoimiya, Venti likes to either use Favonius Bow for generating energy for the team or an EM option. Besides Childe and maybe Aloy/Amber, I don't think this is ever going to be the bow you go "oh yeah this is the ideal weapon for this character." And I don't think it's even a meaningful upgrade over Skyward Harp for anyone who has Skyward Harp.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's the generically best bow for damage supports (Fischl, crit build Venti, support Ganyu, Aloy/Amber lol) and is Childe's best bow. You can imagine more appropriate 5*s but there aren't any yet. None of these use cases excite me but for general purpose use it's the highest damage bow we've seen and if I could get any bow for free right now I'd probably pick it. I don't expect people will go super crazy for it though.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Oct 11, 2021

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Also FWIW the supposed Hu Tao weapon banner is going to be Homa + Amos, which means that's an actual good weapon banner with 2 perfect weapons for 2 top tier characters.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
That leak was fake. It missed on just about everything for the Tartaglia banner and Polar Star banner.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Ultima66 posted:

Also FWIW the supposed Hu Tao weapon banner is going to be Homa + Amos, which means that's an actual good weapon banner with 2 perfect weapons for 2 top tier characters.

That leak has a track record of predicting 0 5*s and 1 4* on the first banners of the patch.

I’m also kinda confused on why you’d pick polar star for quickswap ganyu? The crit rate is heavily devalued by blizzard strayer and stacking it prior to casting burst is going to be at least a little awkward.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

fabiopenz posted:

Geo traveler's rocks always explode for a bunch of damage when they break.
It's normally pretty hard to engineer situations where that happens though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I don't have any of those other cool bows and I don't have Ganyu or Venti, but I will have Childe and I really wanted my boy to have his bow. I'm frowning.