Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Much milder than shot 2 for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I would like to get the third Pfizer shot but I threw out my old vaccination card because I registered with the state and got the app with the QR code.

Anyway is this going to screw me when I show up at CVS or wherever to get the third booster?

Also I went into CVS last week to pick up a prescription and the pharmacist was giving this elderly couple a really hard time about giving them the third Moderna shot. Like asking a lot of annoying questions, asking them if they were really immunocompromised, that she needed something more specific than "lung issues", etc. Like the pharmacist looked frustrated.

I don't think she was anti vaxx or anything but is there any reason they'd be so reluctant? The only thing I can think of is they were short staffed.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

I would like to get the third Pfizer shot but I threw out my old vaccination card because I registered with the state and got the app with the QR code.

Anyway is this going to screw me when I show up at CVS or wherever to get the third booster?

Also I went into CVS last week to pick up a prescription and the pharmacist was giving this elderly couple a really hard time about giving them the third Moderna shot. Like asking a lot of annoying questions, asking them if they were really immunocompromised, that she needed something more specific than "lung issues", etc. Like the pharmacist looked frustrated.

I don't think she was anti vaxx or anything but is there any reason they'd be so reluctant? The only thing I can think of is they were short staffed.

Some are real fuckers about it and are being Dose Cops (they have their own subreddit where they brag about turning people away) and some really DGAF and just want to process shots as quickly as possible, it's genuinely a crap shoot. If you're getting hassled at one pharmacy just walk out and go to a different one.

The important thing is to get that new shot in your arm and maximise your titers

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I booked an appointment online and went to the pharmacy in Meijer. I filled out a short questionnaire when I arrived at the store. One of the questions asked if your job or living situation puts you at a higher level of risk (which is true for me), but she never questioned what I do for work or anything. When I pulled my card out she was like "oh, great you have your card with you" which leads me to believe that people show up without it regularly.

I'm sure it's different pharmacy to pharmacy, though.

CarlosTheDwarf
Jun 1, 2001
Up shit creek.

Klyith posted:

Airplane travel Wednesday coming back from seeing my family for the first time in 2 years. Breakthrough symptoms started last night. Haven't got a pcr test yet but come on what else can it be.

I've been sick like 6 times since getting my covid shot. None were covid to the best of my knowledge.

stellers bae
Feb 10, 2021

by Hand Knit
Is it a bannable offense to say you're not vaccinated and haven't gotten sick despite taking zero precautions?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Our network engineer was released from the hospital after his room and two Covid infection band a trip to the ICU

Apparently he has diabetes now, but given his size, that might be a matter of "had it, but only just got diagnosed" as much as it might be from Covid loving up his pancreas.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED

stellers bae posted:

Is it a bannable offense to say you're not vaccinated and haven't gotten sick despite taking zero precautions?

One of my idiot acquaintances uses this as reasoning for covid not being all that serious/contagious.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

A manager at my job is unvaccinated (he said he had natural immunity) and has been working from home for the last 3 weeks (!!) with Covid symptoms. Hasn't been in the hospital but we had a call with him today and he sounded really worn out and coughed a bunch.

At the end of the call he voiced his optimism that we'd get to do a face to face meeting next month.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Cthulu Carl posted:

Apparently he has diabetes now, but given his size, that might be a matter of "had it, but only just got diagnosed" as much as it might be from Covid loving up his pancreas.

Yeah apparently there's a fairly large percentage of the US population who are pre-diabetic or undiagnosed diabetic, it's been like that for a long long time.

I've also seen several tweets from people going "[Relative] died from covid and the hospital said they had co-morbidities/pre-exisiting conditions but that was news to us!!!!"

Hamburlgar posted:

One of my idiot acquaintances uses this as reasoning for covid not being all that serious/contagious.

A fairly well known anti-vaxx baseball player posted a screed online, part of it was "Why would I take a cure for a disease I don't even have yet???" :doh:

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Cthulu Carl posted:

Our network engineer was released from the hospital after his room and two Covid infection band a trip to the ICU

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/the-many-ways-covid-19-seems-to-be-harming-the-pancreas

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Just a reminder that "being fat" is a condition that legit covers you if you want a Pfizer booster, no need to lie fellow portly goons

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

drat my skinny body, if only I was dangerously fat.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i'm dangerously phat

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Doc, I’m a fat man trapped inside a skinny man’s body!

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Captain Yossarian posted:

Just a reminder that "being fat" is a condition that legit covers you if you want a Pfizer booster, no need to lie fellow portly goons

Fixed the repeating part

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Galewolf posted:

Fixed the repeating part

This is erasure of the twiggy goons, eg the recent cspam shooter

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

A fairly well known anti-vaxx baseball player posted a screed online, part of it was "Why would I take a cure for a disease I don't even have yet???" :doh:

seems like with athletes you could just tell them it's steroids that won't get them popped on a test and they'd all take it

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Today's wear a mask reminder brought to you by:

https://twitter.com/DrZoeHyde/status/1447108304061145091

stellers bae
Feb 10, 2021

by Hand Knit
It's pretty funny how the Washington State Ferries, Amtrak, Southwest, and now other companies/modes of transit are all experiencing these mysterious cancellations at the same time, and you're not allowed to talk about why that might be

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

stellers bae posted:

It's pretty funny how the Washington State Ferries, Amtrak, Southwest, and now other companies/modes of transit are all experiencing these mysterious cancellations at the same time, and you're not allowed to talk about why that might be

Why might that be?

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

stellers bae posted:

What kind of dumb post is this? If you've got something to say, say it.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

DickParasite posted:

Get ready for a bunch of anti vaxx bullshit and bad faith arguments.

stellers bae
Feb 10, 2021

by Hand Knit
Exactly, all just coincidence. It's probably the weather, nevermind!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It's so cute when they come in begging for attention. Alas, I already have a dog.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Brain Curry posted:

This is erasure of the twiggy goons, eg the recent cspam shooter
Why do you think he was perma'ed?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Lazyfire posted:

Get ready for a bunch of anti vaxx bullshit and bad faith arguments.

Thought we had fumigated for chuds already this season.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I’m just glad so far Inslee hasn’t blinked on this. 250 ferry employees are still unvaccinated and ferry jobs pay well, so I can’t imagine people won’t be lined up to apply for those after they get shitcanned on the 18th.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Zil posted:

Thought we had fumigated for chuds already this season.

Look at his post history. He's Glenn Greenwald or some poo poo.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

DickParasite posted:

Well they would but they're not allowed!!!

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

DickParasite posted:

Apparently,
https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/ferry-delays-cancellations-continue/YYDCN2Q4RFGBHI3MHY5TPHUS24
(saw this on Fark about a minute ago)

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

There are some very unhappy people where I work threatening to quit because we got the vax mandate recently too, but so far every one I know about is one of the self-important do-nothing manager types, mostly old, who probably get paid double what their replacement will... if they even bother to replace them. There will definitely be some short term disruption if 5% of the company suddenly resigns, but this is the only time I've actually felt some optimism about the future of the company in 5+ years. A lot of deadweight is threatening to voluntarily break loose right now.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Lazyfire posted:

Look at his post history. He's Glenn Greenwald or some poo poo.

That's a truly rude thing to say about anyone, even that brain damaged chud

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Looks like you're allowed to post about it. Who knew?!?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
I dunno guys, this poster seems to know their stuff:

stellers bae posted:

texas covid deaths have essentially stopped at this point, doomers btfo

They posted this on the 17th of May when there were 67 deaths in Texas, let me just take a big old swig of tea before I look at the situation now

Huh, three times more deaths per day than Plague Island, which has twice the population packed into half the space (and a climate basically custom-designed to exacerbate respiratory diseases). That's weird, probably just some kind of conspiracy or something.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

DickParasite posted:

Southwest canceled 30% of flights this weekend because the antivax union pilots are either using their PTO before they quit or using it all at once as some kind of slowdown against the mandate. Southwest is willing to say "staffing issues" but not that it is a labor dispute.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Those are the actual conditions required for Moderna #3. They aren't the same conditions as the Pfizer booster and aren't nearly as broad (currently).

The couple could have lied to check the box like the other goon did, but the pharmacist's job was to give it as directed and apparently that guy cared about doing it right. I talked to some clinic staff and apparently a lot of people just roll up like "I heard from Edna's daughter-in-law there's a booster now??" without checking if it applies to them.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Captain Yossarian posted:

That's a truly rude thing to say about anyone, even that brain damaged chud

"Smooth rained moron" seemed somehow more offensive.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

stellers bae posted:

Exactly, all just coincidence. It's probably the weather, nevermind!

either say what you mean or shut the gently caress up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Pinecone Sample posted:

Southwest canceled 30% of flights this weekend because the antivax union pilots are either using their PTO before they quit or using it all at once as some kind of slowdown against the mandate. Southwest is willing to say "staffing issues" but not that it is a labor dispute.

Lol good riddance