Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

R.D. Mangles posted:

spiritually jeff fisher has been coaching the bears my whole life

I’m amazed him or Singletary haven’t been approached in the past.

That said, Leslie Frazier did play for the ‘85 team…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Isnt the issue in Chicago the GM? Doing harebrained poo poo like releasing their solid LT to start a rookie with back problems and not extending ARob?

Is ARob a payment thing or a he wants out period?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

pasaluki posted:

The Bears org/Bears fans are very mercurial. A couple weeks ago they act like they are going to bring out the pitchforks and haul Nagy away in pieces,, and now they are cool with him because he said he'd stop calling plays?

It's all very confusing.

none of the fans want nagy anywhere near fields after this year, the org is loyal to their bad hires to a fault and it is impossible to imagine them hiring an actual competent GM and coach because they are stuck in the 1980s, here's the McCaskey kid the family has decided should be the family's spokesman:

it's either let these doofuses keep running the team or sell it to a person who is involved with something infinitely more disgusting and depraved than Bears football.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Is ARob a payment thing or a he wants out period?
I think ARob is willing to stay but the team doesnt seem willing to pay him.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The bears are going to let Nagy go after this season hire the Panthers OC to be the HC who will get a lot of hype because of the rushing tds darnold has had this year then proceed to to play the traditional boring bears offense we know and love

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Metapod posted:

The bears are going to let Nagy go after this season hire the Panthers OC to be the HC who will get a lot of hype because of the rushing tds darnold has had this year then proceed to to play the traditional boring bears offense we know and love

please god hire him away

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/kevinmdraper/status/1447714296432152577?t=PKvMJe3SvFyfg30db-Ny9Q&s=19

He gone

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

nikosoft posted:

Lol Urban is showing up on the blind gossip sites, allegedly he's been sexting her for months and told her to show up that night to meet up

Link?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

bye jon

eat poo poo forever

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Hachi machi

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I said this in the other thread, but I’ll say it here too: Let Carl Nassib coach the Raiders. It’d probably make Gruden have a heart attack.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
*somewhere in Vegas a phone rings, a man deftly picks it up after just the first ring*

Hello?

Mr Carr, we've found the emails

*a smile curls on the man's face*

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Here's the whole article, and no, it's not better in context https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/11/sports/football/what-did-jon-gruden-say.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytsports

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

JT Jag posted:

From what I've heard from people who have contacts inside the stadium, as patient as Khan is, he is not happy with how Urban basically lied to his face

Part of me suspects they have a private investigator following Meyer everywhere to try and see if they can dig up any more reason to fire with cause

I mean, his son probably was a poster here

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

What a great start to the season for this thread.

Nov 6, 2002

This could be the tip of the iceberg if the NFL starts looking through coaches' old emails.

Just imagine if like in a month a quarter of the league's coaches have to resign or something.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

fartknocker posted:

I said this in the other thread, but I’ll say it here too: Let Carl Nassib coach the Raiders. It’d probably make Gruden have a heart attack.

It'll actually be Gus Bradley

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Not sure who lasts long between urban and gruden

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
See Marvin Lewis just denied concussions and slurred in press conferences. That is how a man do.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Uh, wow... That's a lot worse than I thought they would be. Jon Gruden is the alpha boomer.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

Not sure who lasts long between urban and gruden

Urban had a pretty long and far headstart with all his hard work but calling the commissioner a homophobic slur, on the record, multiple times, probably is enough to catch up by itself

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Oh hell yeah

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Racist, misogynist, homophobic-- trying to think of what other things he's missing on hellbingo

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Going to start watching https://www.isgrudengoneyet.com/ again...

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Chris James 2 posted:

Urban had a pretty long and far headstart with all his hard work but calling the commissioner a homophobic slur, on the record, multiple times, probably is enough to catch up by itself

Urban has to have dick pics leak at this point

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

AsInHowe posted:

Urban has to have dick pics leak at this point

Urban goatse

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

sweet thursday posted:

Racist, misogynist, homophobic-- trying to think of what other things he's missing on hellbingo

Sexual harassment

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/1447721104769011717

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

I mean, there's zero context that could make that better

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

sweet thursday posted:

No mention of Mexicans yet and I guess we're probably a few years too early for China-virus and anti-vax/lockdown poo poo

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
imo we should punish Jon Gruden by making him coach the Raiders for the rest of the season through their inevitable implosion.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

What a way to remind people that WFT trafficked their cheerleaders

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

I wonder what he's learned since then

https://twitter.com/tashanreed/status/1447655149611065344?t=jxAlESs6KG3E7Xff7FC46A&s=19

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I was rooting for Urban Meyer or Matt Nagy to go first, but Jon Gruden has decisively taken the lead here and will hopefully get tossed into the street before the week is out.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Florio gonna Florio

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1447724165079969792?t=TIRKZLy-rj6M_5zNyUaPWw&s=19

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Isnt the issue in Chicago the GM? Doing harebrained poo poo like releasing their solid LT to start a rookie with back problems and not extending ARob?

They have a mountain of issues, not the least of which is Ryan Pace, but extending A-Rob is strictly a salary cap thing. They very badly wanted to get him signed to a long-term deal, but he's insisted on being paid like a #1 receiver (which he is), and with contracts like Mack's on the books, they have next to zero flexibility. Hence why he's playing on the franchise tag this year and is almost guaranteed to walk after this season.

R.D. Mangles posted:

the bears are such a backwards, sclerotic organization that it is actually impossible to tell whether nagy has ever been in danger of being fired.

George McCaskey was pretty clear that Nagy was almost fired after last year's tire-fire, but decided to give him and Pace at least a year to recover from the Trubisky disaster.

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
The greatest of all double doinks.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

The Raiders gave him a $100m contract and he probably realized at some point he could get in trouble for this kind of stuff

https://twitter.com/dril/status/749438005706883072

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

9th dimensional checkers

Nov 6, 2002

sweet thursday posted:

'this loving vaccine man, it's bullshit!'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

If this isn't the big guns, what *are* the big guns left to release?

:suspense: :stonk: :psypop: