Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

My new favorite thing is to look at twitter and see "hot young creatives who post a lot of selfies about them "working on a script or whatever" (when in reality it seems to be for personal clout and how hot they are hot people problems) and accidentally showing no matter how pro vaccine they are they are doing all the things.

One of my favorites was a woman posting: ("thanks random twitter follower who walked up to me in the coffee shop and said I love your twitter, because I was actual on a date and it gave me massive cred!!!! #badbitch #girlboss #getvaxxed) and I'm sitting there thinking, so you're inside a coffee shop without a mask on on a date? Wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Death. The capricious dance of Now You Stop Moving Forever.
By god I think cases and hospitalizations are legit trending down! (for now) I'm speeding these up a little week-to-week so let me know if they ever get too fast.

https://i.imgur.com/8IUG0nw.mp4

Recent cases added in Washington State:

Cases are dated as first specimen date of either PCR or antigen test, regardless of how many positive tests were taken or test type. No idea if/how they're keeping track of re-infections. I get why it made sense to go by original specimen date, but it would be really, really nice if they could decide on a time period (3 months, 12 weeks, whatever) and then re-start the clock or make a whole new classification for one person infected multiple times. They of course are completely understaffed and I don't have any ill will towards those people working on this. I just wish it was better.

But hey, maybe the slow-down in positives means they'll get to the backlog of negative tests earlier than they thought?

Added to week of Oct 3rd: 12992
Added to week of Sep 26th: 2967
Added to week of Sep 19th: 372
Added to week of Sep 12th: 165

https://i.imgur.com/s5BlslT.mp4

Recent hospitalizations added in Washington State:

Hospitalizations of Washington state residents dated for week of admission.

I'm still having to manually add up all the hospitalizations under Unknown admission date because all together their 7-day total is several hundred lower than if you sum up all the ages for that portion of the report. It's been like this for almost a month now but the error doesn't seem to reflect on the dashboard at all.

Added to week of Oct 3rd: 719
Added to week of Sep 26th: 53
Added to week of Sep 19th: 23
Added to week of Sep 12th: -1

https://i.imgur.com/3BqgNrZ.mp4

Recent deaths added in Washington State:

Deaths due to confirmed/suspected COVID-19 are dated as week of first positive specimen date, regardless of now many positive tests were taken or test type.

This most recent week's report (like many others) adds a couple deaths sprinkled between winter of 2020 and spring of 2021. What I don't know is if any of those were deaths from a more recent re-infection of COVID-19 (but dated all the way back to their first infection's original positive test date) or if these were deaths previously missed in the count and the state was only just now made aware of them. This kind of unknown stuff bugs the crap out of me.

Added to week of Oct 3rd: 4
Added to week of Sept 26th: 36
Added to week of Sept 19th: 46
Added to week of Sept 12th: 51
Added to week of Sept 5th: 43
Added to week of Aug 29th: 31
Added to week of Aug 22nd: 20

The '+' for the weeks of Jan. 18th, Jan. 25th, and Feb. 1st are "best guesses" as I do not have original copies of those weekly reports. Everything else is sourced directly from near-weekly saves of the state's Cases, Hospitalizations, and Deaths report from the WA DoH COVID-19 Dashboard.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

slinkimalinki posted:

Nz's going to have a vaxathon on TV lmao

how can i use this to get a booster

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

mod sassinator posted:

china is building mrna vaccines now too. in a year they'll probably surpass the US production and be distributing them all over the world. there is no secret sauce to the mrna vaccine that only the US or anglo people can do... china can scale up and build the tech with ease. they can poach all the moderna / pfizer talent they need too if necessary. i mean who wouldn't turn down an offer to be moved to china where there is zero covid, be paid a kings ransom of a salary, and be treated like royalty. america is fukkkkkkkkked

:sickos:

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

:wrongful: with the xichang apologia before you get an admin rampage loose in the useful covid thread, you idiots.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Steve Yun posted:

mainly wanna see how airlines deal with this

edit: come to think of it, are airlines outside of state jurisdiction

I would assume they are under FAA, basically anything that exists in the restricted area where the tarmac and such is located is federal

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

StratGoatCom posted:

:wrongful: with the xichang apologia before you get an admin rampage loose in the useful covid thread, you idiots.

lol that would be p funny

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

fits my needs posted:

lol that would be p funny

No, it wouldn't.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Glumwheels posted:

He has no authority to do anything like this and if he was serious about it, Paxton would have sued already.

Abbott is smart enough to read conservative social media and right now the chuds are acting like they won the superbowl over the southwest airlines thing.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

StratGoatCom posted:

Yeah. China should have drone striked the minority or killed them with police action or radicalized then further to overthrow its enemies like a civilized and adult nation.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lol how would any of this get the thread killed, what on earth are you going on about

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Helith posted:

tell us more!
are they literally going to livestream people getting vaxxed?
ngl, I would watch that
nobody knows, lmao. It will be screened on multiple TV channels to coincide with a national day of vaccination called Super Saturday, but otherwise no idea. Will there be celebrities? Live vaccinations? Sausage sizzles??

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

LionArcher posted:

My new favorite thing is to look at twitter and see "hot young creatives who post a lot of selfies about them "working on a script or whatever" (when in reality it seems to be for personal clout and how hot they are hot people problems) and accidentally showing no matter how pro vaccine they are they are doing all the things.

One of my favorites was a woman posting: ("thanks random twitter follower who walked up to me in the coffee shop and said I love your twitter, because I was actual on a date and it gave me massive cred!!!! #badbitch #girlboss #getvaxxed) and I'm sitting there thinking, so you're inside a coffee shop without a mask on on a date? Wild.

She was drinking and the rules say that COVID can’t get you while you’re eating or drinking. It’s science. Which you should believe.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

StratGoatCom posted:

No, it wouldn't.

if an admin shuts down the thread for that it actually would

who the gently caress are u anyway

spatula
Nov 6, 2004
Got my Moderna booster at Walgreens. I had to write down my condition and I’m being treated with corticosteroids (prednisone). They didn’t ask any more questions

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1447509810224771084?s=20

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
yeah i believe in trick or treating. tricky these hoes into treating me sweet

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

does he know you can buy candy at the store

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1447716560643231748lol
https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1447343258867314688lmao

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ice Phisherman posted:

Ah yes, China's concentration camps are far superior than the US as they don't have covid in them.

I'm not a fan of religion but I don't support stamping it out of them by force.

China didn't stamp out religion in Xinjiang by force, they just put the fundamentalists in prison and told everyone else "here's why the CCP thinks what your radical imam was wrong and also you aren't bound by religion-based laws anymore" and average people were receptive to that.

Quite generous and compassionate really

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

would be extremely funny for this thread about the disease killing millions everywhere except china gets shut down over because of hypothetical killings inside of china

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Consummate Professional posted:

does he know you can buy candy at the store

yes. buy from store and then spread it to the community

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
and by spread I mean Covid

Lenin Stimpy
Sep 9, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Atrocious Joe posted:

would be extremely funny for this thread about the disease killing millions everywhere except china gets shut down over because of hypothetical killings inside of china

there aren't any killings going on, my god, its so simple to understand: people aren't allowed to practice their religion freely in china, christian buddhist muslim, and that's GOOD.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

ahhh, so that's how it can kill the thread

i get it now

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Judakel posted:

yeah i believe in trick or treating. tricky these hoes into treating me sweet

i, too, am a disciple of this religion

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

got my booster apointment scheduled for friday, cannot wait to max my titers

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

U-DO Burger posted:

got my booster apointment scheduled for friday, cannot wait to max my titers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF-oEPkjFJk

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Oops sorry I meant to post this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCWUT8wkWCI

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

poll plane variant posted:

why is "socializing with your coworkers who are presumably people you have a lot in common with given you have the same career" seen as this horrible thing that we're all glad to be spared

socializing at work is an op, your coworkers shouldn’t be your friends.

I’m only mostly joking.

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.06.11.21258690v3.full posted:

we identified respectively 68 and 67 significant longitudinal effects associated with SARS-CoV-2 infection in the brain, including, on average: (i) a more pronounced reduction in grey matter thickness and contrast in the lateral orbitofrontal cortex (min P=1.7×10-4, r=-0.14) and parahippocampal gyrus (min P=2.7×10-4, r=-0.13), (ii) a relative increase of diffusion indices, a marker of tissue damage, in the regions of the brain functionally-connected to the piriform cortex, anterior olfactory nucleus and olfactory tubercle (min P=2.2×10-5, r=0.16), and (iii) greater reduction in global measures of brain size and increase in cerebrospinal fluid volume suggesting an additional diffuse atrophy in the infected participants (min P=4.0×10-6, r=-0.17).
The 401 SARS-CoV-2 infected participants also showed larger cognitive decline between the two timepoints in the Trail Making Test compared with the controls (both FDR-significant, min P=1.0×10-4, r=0.17; and still FDR-significant after excluding the hospitalised patients: min P=1.0×10-4, r=0.17), with the duration taken to complete the alphanumeric trail correlating post hoc with the cognitive and olfactory-related crus II of the cerebellum (FDR-significant, P=2.0×10-3, r=-0.19), which was also found significantly atrophic in the SARS-CoV-2 participants (FDR-significant, P=6.1×10-5, r=-0.14).

lol this dumb sedentary nation is about to get a whole lot dumber and sedentary

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Penisaurus Sex posted:

socializing at work is an op, your coworkers shouldn’t be your friends.

I’m only mostly joking.

I mean they're not like my personal friends mostly but they're my colleagues and union brothers and the job def attracts similar personality types

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Lenin Stimpy posted:

there aren't any killings going on, my god, its so simple to understand: people aren't allowed to practice their religion freely in china, christian buddhist muslim, and that's GOOD.

most religions are bad so I don’t really care?

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

is covid still around

acems
May 8, 2019

my area is doing better, despite college kids who want to suck and gently caress. thankful for that.

Doomtalker
Dec 10, 2019

Too Many Birds posted:

is covid still around

No it's over!!!!!

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

So, uh, as a non-science understander, what the hell is up with the apparent stealth variant in the UK and India? Like for one thing, how does a virus manage to elude detection? Also how does that even get selected for since it's not like we're quarantining or anything so being able to go undetected doesn't really help spread.

People inclined to get tests in the extremely voluntary regime we've got are generally going to change their behavior on a positive. Travel between countries also usually relies on a test. It's a small change, to be sure, but even a few percent worth of optimization matters a lot on the scale of millions of cases worth of churn.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Nothus posted:

Abbott is smart enough to read conservative social media and right now the chuds are acting like they won the superbowl over the southwest airlines thing.

Chuds are stupid and don’t understand state vs federal except when they think it suits their interests :shrugs:

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
a relative is trying to get more tests done because he might have gotten pots from Covid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
odds getting longer for mu to be the next wave

it's transmissible as all hell, more than any other variant! ... if the other variant isn't delta

https://twitter.com/trvrb/status/1447566579646930944?t=IQZVPWMvLvj5y6HRWuapFw&s=19