Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ok for real whos your team
This poll is closed.
The Green Bay Packers 81 35.53%
The Chicago Bears 52 22.81%
The Minnesota Vikings 42 18.42%
The Detroit Lions 53 23.25%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN
No "bright spots" allowed here:

https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1447598856540147725?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Just now seeing that the Packers have to play the Cardinals in Arizona… on a Thursday night. :negative:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Have the Lions managed to get through a single game without a season ending injury?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Just now seeing that the Packers have to play the Cardinals in Arizona… on a Thursday night. :negative:

Honestly surprised tnf is getting a reasonable matchup

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/DrRisher/status/1447672345993359370

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Makes the kneecap tastier too.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

My knee hurts watching that

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

I didn't go back and watch it, but I'm assuming that's what happened to Montgomery too but his fascia is a wild fascia that can't be tamed.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Congrats to RD and the other Bears goons on beating Jon Gruden in his last ever football game

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Congrats to RD and the other Bears goons on beating Jon Gruden in his last ever football game

Sorry Jon, back to QB camp with you.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Chris James 2 posted:

It would've been better if Michael Sam were on the Bears or it was officiated by a female ref.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i bet khalil mack feels loving incredible right now

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

i bet khalil mack feels loving incredible right now

The Bears bookended Gruden's comeback tour. The first thing he did was trade Khalil Mack and the last thing he did was lose to Khalil Mack.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
In a way, you could say that Khalil Mack has defeated Jon Gruden, and also Khalil Mack defeated Jon Gruden

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Khalil Mack was behind the email leak.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Bird in a Blender posted:

Khalil Mack was behind the email leak.

I can imagine one of those Asian news videos with the terrible animation having Mack hit a button to an explosion graphic with email envelopes pouring out of the screen while he laughs maniacally. It just feels right.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh, word?

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1447939717861883909

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

The Lions are going to be so good next year.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Wow, big cursed energy

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Hizawk posted:

The Lions are going to be so good next year.

You'll still have Goff under contract so...no. Best case scenario for you is that you tank the rest of '21 and draft a new QB in the '22 draft, then use Goff as the bridge QB while the new kid learns, and in '23 you might sniff relevance.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

jng2058 posted:

You'll still have Goff under contract so...no. Best case scenario for you is that you tank the rest of '21 and draft a new QB in the '22 draft, then use Goff as the bridge QB while the new kid learns, and in '23 you might sniff relevance.

Yeah, that's the plan. Qb#1 wr with the Rams #1. Then another wr and a bunch of defense I imagine.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I kind of hate the idea of drafting wide receivers in the 1st round. Just seems like so many don't pan out and there is a ton of talent available in the later rounds. Not to mention a robust free agent class. QB is definite but I'd use the other pick on best available player.

Is next years QB class supposed to be any good? With Rattler falling so hard, doesn't seem like a consensus guy at the top anymore. Seeing some mock drafts where the Liberty QB is the only one taken in Round 1 and not even in the top 10. Makes me feel better about trading up for Fields.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I’m pretty sure drafting a wide receiver in the first round isn’t a thing. It’s explicitly forbidden by the rules of the draft or something.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Looks at Justin Jefferson.... *cough* If you guys don't think drafting a WR in the first round is a good thing I'm cool with that.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Yeah Kevin White should have been against the rules.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Niwrad posted:

I kind of hate the idea of drafting wide receivers in the 1st round. Just seems like so many don't pan out and there is a ton of talent available in the later rounds. Not to mention a robust free agent class. QB is definite but I'd use the other pick on best available player.

Is next years QB class supposed to be any good? With Rattler falling so hard, doesn't seem like a consensus guy at the top anymore. Seeing some mock drafts where the Liberty QB is the only one taken in Round 1 and not even in the top 10. Makes me feel better about trading up for Fields.

Matt Corral is also climbing the draft boards as of late; if he continues to plays great and gets himself into Heisman Finalist territory, I could see the Lions thinking about either him or Malik Willis.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

BGrifter posted:

I’m pretty sure drafting a wide receiver in the first round isn’t a thing. It’s explicitly forbidden by the rules of the draft or something.

This is written in the Packers draft room kind of like those "Play like a champion" signs. Everyone has to smack the sign before every draft.

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

Ice Fist posted:

This is written in the Packers draft room kind of like those "Play like a champion" signs. Everyone has to smack the sign before every draft.

It's laid over a picture of Javon Walker, I'm sure.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Walker had a fantastic third season and would've been the latest breakout WR for the Packers if his ACL hadn't popped. Then he went to Denver and his brain broke after his teammate died in his arms. Real shame.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
My current theory is the Packers get to draft one WR in the 1st every twenty years. This would put them on pace to draft one this off season as part of trying to lure Rodgers back.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Getting Stokes in the first this year instead of a wr was clearly the right call though.

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

Walker had a fantastic third season and would've been the latest breakout WR for the Packers if his ACL hadn't popped. Then he went to Denver and his brain broke after his teammate died in his arms. Real shame.

Don't forget that he also got robbed and beaten to poo poo in Vegas around that time too. Poor guy.

And that's why you don't draft wide receivers in the first round.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Comfortador posted:

I can imagine one of those Asian news videos with the terrible animation having Mack hit a button to an explosion graphic with email envelopes pouring out of the screen while he laughs maniacally. It just feels right.

One of those news videos is responsible for my favorite football gif of all time

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/DickersonESPN/status/1448332405857787908?t=dCtasVlfLcafGPJewU2cPQ&s=19

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Uh who is the next man up. Does that person exist

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/1448354753520361475

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I know Fields is not that polished but I feel like the fact he can wing a 60-yard bomb has helped the run game a bit. Although the Raiders sort of caught on that the Bears were going uber-conservative in that 2nd half and just flooded the box.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

https://twitter.com/ByRyanWood/status/1448393381747507203

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Stirring the pot but also funny

https://twitter.com/BigMack_4/status/1448393480082898950

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff