Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don’t even understand how that works

Like even if it wasn’t natural what exactly would that change

the feel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

He blocked me in March 2020 when he immediately turned it into a xenophobic racist thing. There was no "waiting for the facts" about him. He went lovely racist from the get-go.

OnlyBans
Sep 21, 2021

by sebmojo

CharlestheHammer posted:

NWO creates a plague that hits a lot but not all people.

NWO also creates the vaccine for the plague but the vaccine also reprograms your DNA towards their nefarious ends.

True Patriots know that the vaccine contains elements worse than the plague, so they refuse to take it. Even though they may die of the plague.

The puppets of the NWO mandate the vaccine to force compliance.

Even if the plague had black death level mortality (and it doesn't) that would be better than whatever the NWO put in the vaccine.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Kantesu posted:

Among Us is Mafia/Werewolf with some variations to account for being played on screens and in real time, with a sci-fi coat of paint on it

Among Us is Space Station 13 but with greatly simplified mechanics. Which isn't such a bad thing, SS13 is a really complex and opaque game to get in to.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

pizza chat: saw this in Hollywood today

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

In similar vein

e: oops. thought this was PYF funny image thread. I'll leave it. The idiot is me.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

gbut has a new favorite as of 00:27 on Oct 12, 2021

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well, you see if it is a chinese bioweapon then it is an act of war. Obviously we must all do our part to win the war. Vaccine mandates are like conscription, an unpleasant but sometimes necessary sacrifice to win the war. We should all be in favor of vaccines and vaccine mandates to help us win the war against the chinese bioweapon. :patriot:

Wait, I'm getting an update, it seems this in NOT what he meant. Weird.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

OnlyBans posted:

The puppets of the NWO mandate the vaccine to force compliance.

Even if the plague had black death level mortality (and it doesn't) that would be better than whatever the NWO put in the vaccine.
What I don't get is that they could easily have gotten this to people in easier means. Slip it into the drinking water, or if it must be injected, into the flu shot people already take without (nearly as much) issue. There's so much poo poo people willingly put into themselves without ever checking that this has got to be the most high profile way of pulling it off. No need for a cover story. Hell, if it's a secret mind control bioweapon, why would they openly advertise how new and experimental it was? Why announce all the mRNA tech or whatever else? Why make it politically divisive? Why even make a fake plague to begin with?
Turns out it falls apart under the slightest scrutiny, like all dumbass conspiracies.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Vib Rib posted:

What I don't get is that they could easily have gotten this to people in easier means. Slip it into the drinking water, or if it must be injected, into the flu shot people already take without (nearly as much) issue. There's so much poo poo people willingly put into themselves without ever checking that this has got to be the most high profile way of pulling it off. No need for a cover story. Hell, if it's a secret mind control bioweapon, why would they openly advertise how new and experimental it was? Why announce all the mRNA tech or whatever else? Why make it politically divisive? Why even make a fake plague to begin with?
Turns out it falls apart under the slightest scrutiny, like all dumbass conspiracies.

I said it before, if there really is a secret cabal of people that control the entire world and nothing happens on a global level without their approval then they really loving suck at it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean we already do have means of control

You just buy info from tech companies.

No one cares

OnlyBans
Sep 21, 2021

by sebmojo

Vib Rib posted:

It'd be hard to argue for a new vaccine technology for influenza since we've been using one for a long time. And it may need to go into the bloodstream so drinking water wouldn't work. Granted, older anti-vaxx conspiracies talk about the former a lot and really old (like fluoride) talk about the latter. It is easier to scare people about something new using something old. Conspiracy theorists aren't that creative and they all basically boil down to some form of blood libel.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Matt lost on Jeopardy and people are already crying conspiracy https://twitter.com/AndreaRDean/status/1447714189900976130?t=-PNeASzA33q-QUO7WOxNpA&s=19

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Hold X and insult him again.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

grittyreboot posted:

Matt lost on Jeopardy and people are already crying conspiracy
What's the conspiracy even supposed to be, like did someone tell him "Poland is one of the countries the Danube flows through" earlier? "Also the Alps reach as far North as Poland"?

Plus that he couldn't even possibly have won even if he'd wagered it all and gotten the right answer

stringless has a new favorite as of 02:50 on Oct 12, 2021

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

FFT posted:

What's the conspiracy even supposed to be, like did someone tell him "Poland is one of the countries the Danube flows through" earlier? "Also the Alps reach as far North as Poland"?

Plus that he couldn't even possibly have won even if he'd wagered it all and gotten the right answer

https://twitter.com/miggalooch/status/1447720298028097539?t=nEhUkiEMg7uoZn3doljMpA&s=19

I admit I love the idea of CBS employing a couple of leg breakers cause $50k is too much money

grittyreboot has a new favorite as of 03:07 on Oct 12, 2021

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Now I feel better about thinking his games are overrated trash.

Man, Blossom is really bad as a host.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

grittyreboot posted:

https://twitter.com/miggalooch/status/1447720298028097539?t=nEhUkiEMg7uoZn3doljMpA&s=19

I admit I love the idea of CBS employing a couple of leg breakers cause $50k is too much money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvUZijEuNDQ

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Classic.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

OnlyBans posted:

It'd be hard to argue for a new vaccine technology for influenza since we've been using one for a long time.
Then just... don't tell people? Like if we're already at the stage of not telling people there's microchips or poison or juice that makes your brain controlled, why tell them about the mRNA stuff at all? Just say nothing and let them get their regular shots.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

thomas_violence is not the idiot, and is also a good follow in general

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

OnlyBans posted:

It'd be hard to argue for a new vaccine technology for influenza since we've been using one for a long time. And it may need to go into the bloodstream so drinking water wouldn't work. Granted, older anti-vaxx conspiracies talk about the former a lot and really old (like fluoride) talk about the latter. It is easier to scare people about something new using something old. Conspiracy theorists aren't that creative and they all basically boil down to some form of blood libel.

The influenza vaccine is a new one every year. The one you took last year is actually still perfectly good and doing its job, but the influenza virus mutates so fast that we have to target something new every flu season, and give out more shots every flu season even tho last years is probably good for 5-10 years

:science:

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Do you think these people are actually getting flu shots every year?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

RFC2324 posted:

The one you took last year is actually still perfectly good and doing its job

Kind of.

It has some activity in some people even years later, but efficacy against sickness declines for many after even just a few months, to the point that recommendations are issued that vulnerable people should not rush out to get shots in August, because that might ultimately leave them with declining protection in April when flu activity is high.

CDC posted:

Adults, especially those 65 years and older, should generally not get vaccinated early (in July or August) because protection may decrease over time, but early vaccination can be considered for any person who is unable to return at a later time to be vaccinated.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

FFT posted:

Do you think these people are actually getting flu shots every year?
I mean, this is completely anecdotal, but I've seen tons of people argue that this is totally different from the flu shot they get every now and then because that's not a vaccine, or not mRNA, or whatever else.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Lots of people believe that Johnson & Johnson’s (viral vector) vaccine is somehow more “traditional” than the mRNA vaccines.

I obviously don’t correct them, but I do wonder where the idea comes from. I get that mRNA technology is especially emphasized and vilified in various media, but did anyone actually tell that that J&J’s shot is cool & good or did they just not hear anything bad about it and make their own assumptions or what?

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Platystemon posted:

Kind of.

It has some activity in some people even years later, but efficacy against sickness declines for many after even just a few months, to the point that recommendations are issued that vulnerable people should not rush out to get shots in August, because that might ultimately leave them with declining protection in April when flu activity is high.

I assumed this was another case where it's about the type of flu virus circulating, not the efficacy of the vaccine itself. They have a better understanding of what's going around so they'll have a more precise flu shot later in the season. Is this not the case?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Among Us is just a cutesified version of John Carpenter's The Thing.

woosh

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Beartaco posted:

I assumed this was another case where it's about the type of flu virus circulating, not the efficacy of the vaccine itself. They have a better understanding of what's going around so they'll have a more precise flu shot later in the season. Is this not the case?

There are no midseason changes. The formulation available in July of one year is the same you’d get in June of the next. Most flu vaccines expire on June thirtieth.

The Southern Hemisphere is on its own schedule, so if you dipped down there in January, in some years the vaccine available there may better protect you from the stuff you’ll see in the tail of the Northern Hemisphere season.

CDC talks about the process briefly here.

OnlyBans
Sep 21, 2021

by sebmojo

RFC2324 posted:

The influenza vaccine is a new one every year. The one you took last year is actually still perfectly good and doing its job, but the influenza virus mutates so fast that we have to target something new every flu season, and give out more shots every flu season even tho last years is probably good for 5-10 years

:science:

There is a new formulation every year but the technology is essentially unchanged from the '30s. mRNA vaccines represent a departure from that.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Fishhook theory is real.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://twitter.com/WendyRogersAZ/status/1447666540732637190

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Who's Louis lane

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Who's Louis lane

Superman's boyfriend, c'mon, keep up.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean he is correct Superman does love Louis Lane.
::
As any son should love his mother

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
ITT I learned that intrepid reporter Lois Lane picked the most obvious name change when he embraced being trans.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

That's roughly as good as MTG misspelling "Columbus" in her initial vice-signalling tweet

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I am not a comic book nerd, and it took me the barest minimal effort of reading the next sentence in the BBC article about this to see that this is not Clark Kent/Kal El superman, but his son.

Even if that weren’t the case, who gives a gently caress, but even the tiniest amount of additional thought is beyond these people, they just love being offended and manufacture dumb reasons to be so.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Superman already hosed a fish pussy so IDK maybe rage out at that.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Scientastic posted:

I am not a comic book nerd, and it took me the barest minimal effort of reading the next sentence in the BBC article about this to see that this is not Clark Kent/Kal El superman, but his son.

Even if that weren’t the case, who gives a gently caress, but even the tiniest amount of additional thought is beyond these people, they just love being offended and manufacture dumb reasons to be so.

even without being a comic book nerd you should know that Clark wasn't exclusively after Lois

And Lois played the field too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SylQ67h-bs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

RFC2324 posted:

even without being a comic book nerd you should know that Clark wasn't exclusively after Lois

Lois Lane
Lana Lang
Luma Lynia
Lisa LaSalle
Lex Luthor
Lotte Lenya
Lori Lemaris (the aforementioned person with the fussy)
Londer Loman
Superman's Pal Limmy