Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ehud posted:

There could be more but using racist language and anti-gay slurs, being against drafting gay players and hiring female refs, and making fun of trans people is kind of a lot of stuff already.

Yeah but I'm not any of those things, so I'm waiting for something that actually targets me and seems important cause I have literally no empathy.

- assholes everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The cheerleader trafficking didn't blow up the first time what 8ish years ago? Not sure why it would now. The shield is going to pull out all the stops to keep that quiet

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The cheerleader trafficking didn't blow up the first time what 8ish years ago? Not sure why it would now. The shield is going to pull out all the stops to keep that quiet
I'd argue it's a much different world now than it was 8 years ago for such matters, and now it's becoming fresh again. You might be right but I think it could be too much to ignore. And yeah the NFL is absolutely in full damage control right now

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

shyduck posted:

I'd argue it's a much different world now than it was 8 years ago for such matters, and now it's becoming fresh again. You might be right but I think it could be too much too ignore. And yeah the NFL is absolutely in full damage control right now
And last time there wasnt photographic evidence of cheerleaders being forced to be topless, was there?

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Oct 12, 2021

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

shyduck posted:

I'd argue it's a much different world now than it was 8 years ago for such matters, and now it's becoming fresh again. You might be right but I think it could be too much too ignore. And yeah the NFL is absolutely in full damage control right now

They'll let out a statement reminding everyone that it's ok guys, a WOMAN* runs the football operations now, so sex trafficking totally isn't going on anymore!!!

*Who is married to the guy who had a sex trafficking ring

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

shyduck posted:

The cheerleader stuff from what we know at the moment is pretty loving bad and I feel like that's going to blow up

Like it's all bad but the cheerleader stuff seems criminal

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. All the other stuff could have been squared away as far as the raiders are concerned by putting him on leave and doing some pr and having Gruden say He Has Changed in an ESPN the magazine cover story, but if you are given the choice of having it come out that Gruden maybe had more involvement with the cheerleader stuff than just receiving an email attachment or running his rear end out the building then you take the second option every time

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Forrest on Fire posted:

Gruden probably sees that as just joking around. A lot of people especially in 2011 still thought like that. He's a poo poo. But he never even thought he'd face a consequence because why would he, he's just joking around guys!!!

I've got bad news if you think attitudes have improved much since 2011 lol. The Trump era just proved that millions of bigots had gotten better about keeping their poo poo under wraps, until he came around and convinced them it was OK to say the quiet part out loud again.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Forrest on Fire posted:

Gruden probably sees that as just joking around. A lot of people especially in 2011 still thought like that. He's a poo poo. But he never even thought he'd face a consequence because why would he, he's just joking around guys!!!

people still think like that in 2021 and you don't even have to look further than this entire loving forum for some of it.

also Gruden is going to be back in 5 years max by just playing the waiting game + return tour. America eats up redemption stories.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

shyduck posted:

The cheerleader stuff from what we know at the moment is pretty loving bad and I feel like that's going to blow up

Like it's all bad but the cheerleader stuff seems criminal

It feels like the cheerleader stuff is back for discussion, after the NFL leaked these emails without thinking it through.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I want to know what happens next.

How does this start as a WFT investigation and end with only Gruden's poo poo leaking? Surely there is a bunch of other horrible stuff in these emails, including stuff from Dan Snyder.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Ehud posted:

How does this start as a WFT investigation and end with only Gruden's poo poo leaking? Surely there is a bunch of other horrible stuff in these emails, including stuff from Dan Snyder.

That's the elephant in the room!

Nov 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/bomani_jones/status/1447906164201644033

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

shyduck posted:

I'd argue it's a much different world now than it was 8 years ago for such matters, and now it's becoming fresh again. You might be right but I think it could be too much to ignore. And yeah the NFL is absolutely in full damage control right now

Also no one knows who the gently caress Bruce Allen is and most non-Washington fans probably don't even know Dan Snyder. Jon Gruden, on the other hand.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Asema posted:

people still think like that in 2021 and you don't even have to look further than this entire loving forum for some of it.

also Gruden is going to be back in 5 years max by just playing the waiting game + return tour. America eats up redemption stories.

Oh I know that's why I specified "especially". We're at the point where anyone actually gives a poo poo but we're not some evolved society from 2011 and earlier.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Ehud posted:

Big juicy sacrificial lamb. We got the bad email guy, case closed!

Nov 6, 2002

I can't believe someone emailed slurs to an @redskins.com address.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Jon Gruden's comeback tour will start on Dancing with the Stars because they love to redeem horrible people

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

shyduck posted:

Big juicy sacrificial lamb. We got the bad email guy, case closed!

The other guy implicated in Grudens emails is Bruce Allen. Another guy already out of the league. Problem solved!

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
There is no way the NFL accidently let it be known they were trading nudes of their sex slaves. You don't blow the lid clean off that dead and buried coffin just to get a popular high visibility NFL lifer run out of the league for having just a little MAGA locker room chat with the guys. To what end it is more preferable for the NFL to admit to more evidence in the long forgotten criminal sex slave ring than to let gruden skate on being a chud piece of poo poo is quite the mystery.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Gruden is the sacrificial lamb, probably because he called Goodell some inappropriate words

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Asproigerosis posted:

There is no way the NFL accidently let it be known they were trading nudes of their sex slaves. You don't blow the lid clean off that dead and buried coffin just to get a popular high visibility NFL lifer run out of the league for having just a little MAGA locker room chat with the guys. To what end it is more preferable for the NFL to admit to more evidence in the long forgotten criminal sex slave ring than to let gruden skate on being a chud piece of poo poo is quite the mystery.

This is a good point. The fact that we learned about the cheerleader nude pictures makes the "NFL leaked it themselves" theory seem unlikely...

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

shyduck posted:

Jon Gruden's comeback tour will start on Dancing with the Stars because they love to redeem horrible people

Maybe he’ll give the whole streaming thing a try

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Asproigerosis posted:

I'm fairly sure Goodell leaked the emails because he was personally insulted, and didn't think of the full context.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Who knew the G in LGBT was the most the one minority group you can't disparage.

Goodell.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

AsInHowe posted:

I'm fairly sure Goodell leaked the emails because he was personally insulted, and didn't think of the full context.

I can't believe in good faith the NFL is this dumb. You don't conceal, deflect, and bury an industry wide health crisis such as CTE so effectively nobody talks about it anymore if you're run by idiots.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Asproigerosis posted:

I can't believe in good faith the NFL is this dumb. You don't conceal, deflect, and bury an industry wide health crisis such as CTE so effectively nobody talks about it anymore if you're run by idiots.

CTE didn't call Goodell a pussy.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

AsInHowe posted:

I imagine owners say worse to his face. Hell fans certainly do. It being that simple is plausible but this does feel like a continuation of "cleaning up" Washington's image.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

I think it's very clear they (the league) wanted Gruden gone, the question is why and what is he supposed to be taking the attention off of by being the sacrificial lamb here

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Asproigerosis posted:

You also have to look at how many people actually push for one topic or the other. Too many NFL fans are a-ok with CTE and the effects of football because it doesn't personally effect them and/or they just don't understand what it means.

But racism? Sexism? Utilizing slurs against minorities? Much bigger pool of people there.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I'm sure the Bruce Allen side of those emails is just as bad if not worse than Gruden's and no one cares about that lol

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Asproigerosis posted:

The NFL is definitely dumb enough to leak emails before realizing that there is also another party sending/receiving those emails.

Nov 6, 2002

All I want for Christmas is for this to explode and take out like 1/3rd of ownership.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

mcmagic posted:

I'm sure the Bruce Allen side of those emails is just as bad if not worse than Gruden's and no one cares about that lol

Well he isn't in the league anymore and is not even close to as high a profile name as Gruden

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Because we already knew he was an unstable alcoholic and an rear end in a top hat. Gruden wasn't publicly hated for this yet. Allen was fired in 2019.

I also don't get why nobody in the media has pointed out that Gruden and Allen worked together for four seasons, they're very close and this email chain is probably tame by the standards of those 2004-2008 correspondences.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Gonna guess that Gruden isn't the only one who goes down from this or has stuff come out against them. I see it as the NFL being proactive before the full report comes out and people go, "why didn't you do anything about him sooner?" Even though it's still a very valid question right now.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Lol this man thinks the investigative body will enter that search term

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Ctrl+F "Kaepernick" and the computer explodes

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fsif posted:

Also no one knows who the gently caress Bruce Allen is and most non-Washington fans probably don't even know Dan Snyder. Jon Gruden, on the other hand.

Well at least some media people remember, still dislike him, and may have the ability to dig things up.

https://twitter.com/HolderStephen/status/1447921985326096387

Nov 6, 2002

There's certainly no reason to protect him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Very curious to see what happens next bc there’s no way this is the worst thing in that investigation

Grittybeard posted:

Well at least some media people remember, still dislike him, and may have the ability to dig things up.

https://twitter.com/HolderStephen/status/1447921985326096387

Yea I’d like to hear more about this too

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

All I want for Christmas is for this to explode and take out like 1/3rd of ownership.

Amen