Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
Been recovering from covid over the last week or so, me and my partner are both double jabbed, were ultra cautious but still caught it because it's spreading through the schools like crazy.

It's maddening that official policy has been kids can't be vaccinated, but still have to return to school. They're all spreading the rona to each other before ultimately giving it to everyone in their households. I notice they've started doing it from ages 12+ but it's another policy that is months too late.

Kernel Monsoon fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Oct 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I run away from groups of children I see in the street.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I run away from groups of children I see in the street.

OK Cleanshirt

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Kernel Monsoon posted:

Been recovering from covid over the last week or so, me and my partner are both double jabbed, were ultra cautious but still caught it because it's spreading through the schools like crazy.

It's maddening that official policy has been kids can't be vaccinated, but still have to return to school. They're all spreading the rona to each other before ultimately giving it to everyone in their households. I notice they've started doing it from ages 12+ but it's another policy that is months too late.

Yep we've been WFH for the past 2-3 weeks because my two co-workers have teenage kids in school and despite both my co-workers having been double vaccinated, they're still testing positive every couple of weeks as different ones of their kids (at two completely different schools miles apart) keep getting it from school let alone all the time they keep getting notified someone in a kid's class has got it and having to cart them out of school and drive 30 miles to a test place. (Don't ask me about the ins and outs of testing so I can't explain why the drives are necessary. I use LTF and so far am consistently negative.)

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Does anyone know what's happening with Lloyd's Pharmacy? They seem to have gone completely to pieces recently, with gigantic queues and staff unable to complete basic tasks like locating and dispensing prescriptions. I've heard rumours of some new IT system that's gone into a disastrous meltdown. Does anyone know anything about this?

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

Pistol_Pete posted:

Does anyone know what's happening with Lloyd's Pharmacy? They seem to have gone completely to pieces recently, with gigantic queues and staff unable to complete basic tasks like locating and dispensing prescriptions. I've heard rumours of some new IT system that's gone into a disastrous meltdown. Does anyone know anything about this?

They've always been a poo poo company. Been sharing pharmacists between branches recently.

Use your local independent pharmacy instead, if you have one.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

learnincurve posted:

I lived in manor top...
Hail fellow Sheff goon! Is the Manor top fish bar as good as they say?
Still looking for the best chippy around here. Though! Local is really decent.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

So what happened? Mass delusion?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

TheRat posted:

the cops were doing the drugs

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

TheRat posted:

CUBA MICROWAVE ATTACK :supaburn:

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Lol just read that there's going to be an eastenders/coronation st/emmerdale /hollyoaks/casualty crossover storyline. Should throw in River City while they're at it.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

keep punching joe posted:

Lol just read that there's going to be an eastenders/coronation st/emmerdale /hollyoaks/casualty crossover storyline. Should throw in River City while they're at it.

Sounds like a nuclear strike in Birmingham - all those in the fallout zone.

Apocalypse food stash:

I have 6 cans of co-op sliced carrots 'best before' Oct 2021 (bought 2 years ago for the brexitocalpyse) so I'm having half a can a day. Yuck. They are foul.
If anyone is thinking of getting any dried mixed veg from buywholefoodsonline (my 2kg stash of dried mixed veg has a 'best before' of March 2022 and once opened a bag has a shelf life of approx 6 weeks), I've checked and their current 'best before' date on those is January 2023.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Oct 12, 2021

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Ant and Dec going to show up halfway through and blind everyone with paintballs

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

And I thought extending a joke about Derry Girls/River City Girls was bad enough.

I still say dubbing over River City Girls with British accents would be gold.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

TheRat posted:

Probably they smelt a bad smell, saw the chemistry gear this guy was using to cook drugs, and jumped to the most dramatic conclusion. If they were right, their reactions and foresightness would be praised, but instead they look like fools.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I have 6 cans of co-op sliced carrots 'best before' Oct 2021 (bought 2 years ago for the brexitocalpyse) so I'm having half a can a day. Yuck. They are foul.

No way you can hide those in something? In your situation I would be making a bunch of (heretical) Cornish pasties or maybe some sort of curry to disguise the taste.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

feedmegin posted:

(heretical) Cornish pasties or maybe some sort of curry
Why not both?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

feedmegin posted:

No way you can hide those in something? In your situation I would be making a bunch of (heretical) Cornish pasties or maybe some sort of curry to disguise the taste.

i'd drain, rinse, and blend with some coconut milk and curry powder to make a curried carrot soup

Total Meatlove posted:

There's not been a single case of fentanyl poisoning of cops anywhere in the world has there? I know it's a favourite claim of the boys in blue stateside to make the world seem scarier.

pretty much despite what the cops want you to think

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Apocalypse food stash:

If anyone is thinking of getting any dried mixed veg from buywholefoodsonline (my 2kg stash of dried mixed veg has a 'best before' of March 2022 and once opened a bag has a shelf life of approx 6 weeks), I've checked and their current 'best before' date on those is January 2023.

Panic Prepper Edition 2021 - 2022:

For my "end is nigh!" emergency stash i went for bottled veg last year; sauerkraut, peppers, chickpeas, gherkins, olives & beetroot, just keep out of sunlight.

I i can't get to the shops i still have twenty cans of assorted mince/chicken stew plus cans of sweetcorn(always popular), mixed veg, mushy peas.

Assorted dried lentils and dehydrated pasta packets along with Sharwoods noodles from 2016(taste perfectly fine) take up the slack.

I don't have a single thing that contains tomatoes as in my experience they corrode the cans.

Only buy stuff you actually want to eat.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Apocalypse food stash:

feedmegin posted:

People getting nuclear weapons *and* pasties wrong on the same page? It's like you're ganging up on me.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

goddamnedtwisto posted:

People getting nuclear weapons *and* pasties wrong on the same page? It's like you're ganging up on me.

The isle of dogs is just a peninsula with ideas above its station

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Total Meatlove posted:

No argument from me here, "Isle of Dogs" is a post-war marketing scheme name anyway.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

No argument from me here, "Isle of Dogs" is a post-war marketing scheme name anyway.

Had to give you something

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

feedmegin posted:

I'm just adding them to my usual mixed veg with my dinner, not eating them just on their own :) but they're just yuck. Unfortunately all the co-op canned food I've bought is pretty gross whether it's hot dogs, carrots or spaghetti hoops.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Just Another Lurker posted:

Panic Prepper Edition 2021 - 2022:

For my "end is nigh!" emergency stash i went for bottled veg last year; sauerkraut, peppers, chickpeas, gherkins, olives & beetroot, just keep out of sunlight.

I i can't get to the shops i still have twenty cans of assorted mince/chicken stew plus cans of sweetcorn(always popular), mixed veg, mushy peas.

Assorted dried lentils and dehydrated pasta packets along with Sharwoods noodles from 2016(taste perfectly fine) take up the slack.

I don't have a single thing that contains tomatoes as in my experience they corrode the cans.

Only buy stuff you actually want to eat.

But not want to eat TOO much else you might just eat it all in one go and flame out on a glorious tinned custard binge. Memories of my 6 month Millenium Bug stash spring to mind when I ate about 100 cans of tinned custard / tinned rice pud in under a month before the millenium even started. Strictly functional food that you never crave in my stashes these days!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Total Meatlove posted:

It's actually illegal to own dogs there.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
My pharmacy chain is not good but LLoyds is poo poo. Not surprised they can't keep pharmacists. We're losing them too.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

It'll be this but with soap characters. Only Dot Cotton survives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WShCN-AYHqA

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Mebh posted:

Hail fellow Sheff goon! Is the Manor top fish bar as good as they say?
Still looking for the best chippy around here. Though! Local is really decent.

Yes! It’s chuffing great!

Supertram to Asda for your pop and breadcakes then round the corner to the fish bar.

Edit: I live just outside of Sheffield now in Mastin Moor which got gentrified by the council a few years back but they kept the same tenants in and it rules. Best fish snd chip shop here is in the centre of staveley near the post office.

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Oct 12, 2021

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Used to cycle through park hill every day to work before it was pretty.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
I'm sure with this proposed change to driving licences, the government will definitely remember that not everyone has smartphones (or indeed easy internet access) unlike the other times they conveniently forgot.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/uk-news/motorists-warned-dvla-set-make-21830763

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Danger - Octopus! posted:

I'm sure with this proposed change to driving licences, the government will definitely remember that not everyone has smartphones (or indeed easy internet access) unlike the other times they conveniently forgot.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/uk-news/motorists-warned-dvla-set-make-21830763

love2 hand a cop my unlocked phone when they want to see my driving license.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Wait... they want to do away with physical driving licenses and bring in voter ID?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

sinky posted:

love2 hand a cop my unlocked phone when they want to see my driving license.

You don't have to unlock your phone with either of the big two OS'es in countries where they have electronic ID as an option.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Idk if thread is unaware of this but the gubberment does not consider driving licences valid ID anymore so getting rid of them in card form does some make some sort of cackhanded sense if you are a incompetent idiot.

We had serious problems getting my lad universal credit over ID. They don’t accept a driving licence which he couldn’t get and at the moment everyone wanting a passport has to do a zoom interview which he can’t do.

So yeh, if you are young and have no credit record then enjoy spending £90 on a passport to get your benefits.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Total Meatlove posted:

You don't have to unlock your phone with either of the big two OS'es in countries where they have electronic ID as an option.

Great Britaine will somehow make it not work like that.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

learnincurve posted:

Idk if thread is unaware of this but the gubberment does not consider driving licences valid ID anymore so getting rid of them in card form does some make some sort of cackhanded sense if you are a incompetent idiot.

We had serious problems getting my lad universal credit over ID. They don’t accept a driving licence which he couldn’t get and at the moment everyone wanting a passport has to do a zoom interview which he can’t do.

So yeh, if you are young and have no credit record then enjoy spending £90 on a passport to get your benefits.

Didn't know it wasn't ID any more and that's shite, another way to gently caress people over.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
what’s their reasoning behind this

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Didn't know it wasn't ID any more and that's shite, another way to gently caress people over.

It’s not just for benefits stuff, it’s not accepted for all the new immigration status stuff either so that’s schools, universities and all new jobs you can’t use it for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Do they accept birth certificates?

Like it's a license, it is literally government issues identification that I, me, am allowed to drive.