Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

DrVenkman posted:

To go back to Paddock and the Vegas shooting. He wasn't just 'crazy' but was your good old fashioned right-wing conspiracy theorist who believed that Hurricane Katrina was a dry run for the the police and military to start kicking down doors and taking away guns. He was obsessed with the idea that people were going to have their guns taken away at any moment and told one friend that “somebody has to wake up the American public and get them to arm themselves.”

For whatever reason the FBI and Police have downplayed his fanaticism even though he was fixated on anti-government conspiracy theories, perceived threats of gun control and taxes.

To be sure he was also in declining mental health and his gambling had gotten out of control and it all created a perfect storm, so to speak, but the only reason people think we don't know anything about his motives is that the FBI were downplaying white extremism at the time.

There’s no actual proof of any of this btw. Just hearsay from people saying they over heard him say things about right wing conspiracy theories. And then a bunch of articles on why believing in conspiracies makes you right wing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
The Vegas shooting is really weird.

In the pantheon of ops/false flags/stitch ups/limited hangouts in American history it’s the only one I know of with no threads to pull on.

Everything else you can kind of start with one piece of info and go from point A to B to C etc. With Paddock it all just kind of dead ends, there’s tenuous Saudi stuff because of course but building a coherent explanation for the event seems to be impossible, or there’s a bunch of info out there being guarded tighter than anything else.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

The_Rob posted:

There’s no actual proof of any of this btw. Just hearsay from people saying they over heard him say things about right wing conspiracy theories. And then a bunch of articles on why believing in conspiracies makes you right wing.

Well no it's less 'I overheard him say something' and more 'he said this to me'.

quote:

A man who met Paddock a few weeks earlier said the 64-year-old retired IRS worker from Mequite, Nevada, went on an anti-government rant, including talk of “FEMA camps” while trying to make a deal for an auto sear — a $50 piece of metal that allows semi-automatic weapons to fire like an automatic. A second witness told police that Paddock had also been angry about the standoffs and deaths at Ruby Ridge in Idaho and the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, Texas.

The man, whose name was not released by Las Vegas Police, quoted Paddock as saying:"somebody has to wake up the American public and get them to arm themselves."

"Sometimes," Paddock added, "sacrifices have to be made."

The witness account is part of a plethora of statements released by the Las Vegas Police Department Wednesday. The statements, reported by BuzzFeed and others, include hundreds of witness accounts of the Oct. 1 shooting at the outdoor concert.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

DrVenkman posted:

Well no it's less 'I overheard him say something' and more 'he said this to me'.

Oh never mind a guy said a thing to someone. Thats the evidence I was looking for.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

TenementFunster posted:

my guess is stationary equipment on embassy property. the power of anything “wave” based decreases rapidly with distance, which is why it the side effects are felt by those at the embassy. it also requires a shitload of power, and needs to stay hidden.

getting sick from numbers stations, you hate to see it

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

The_Rob posted:

Oh never mind a guy said a thing to someone. Thats the evidence I was looking for.

Typically this is one of the ways you build a case against someone yes.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The_Rob posted:

he was the one old white guy who believed in FEMA Camps who never actually posted it on facebook or in any archivable way and poo poo, actually

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

sexpig by night posted:

he was the one old white guy who believed in FEMA Camps who never actually posted it on facebook or in any archivable way and poo poo, actually

No but see this one guy said he heard him say this stuff and remembers it all in perfect detail.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It's really funny to be like this in this thread.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Groovelord Neato posted:

It's really funny to be like this in this thread.

that's what I'm sayin

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

The_Rob posted:

even if he was (and he very well might have been! there are a lot of them out there!), his specific mass murder motive doesn't change much about the who and how aspects. it was the insane boomer in the mandalay bay with the entire crate of ARs

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Except the rate of fire recorded doesn't match that of an AR-15 with a bump stock.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Except the rate of fire recorded doesn't match that of an AR-15 with a bump stock.

maybe he had six lined up on a string like bugs bunny

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Malcolm Excellent posted:

lol who told you that?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6fE2JkvVoo&t=4s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2IOZ-5Nk5k&t=249s
it even has the characteristically-unsteady rate as bump stocks

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The strangest thing about the shooting imo is that is was basically memory-holed immediately. Maybe that’s because Paddock left no manifesto or obvious motive.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Seams posted:

The strangest thing about the shooting imo is that is was basically memory-holed immediately. Maybe that’s because Paddock left no manifesto or obvious motive.
yeah. it's why Uncle Ted is such an enduring figure in spite of having 1/20th the bodycount

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives

i say swears online posted:

maybe he had six lined up on a string like bugs bunny

I heard the REAL reason the police took so long was that the shooter painted tunnels on the sides of all the buildings leading to the hotel and the police kept crashing into them.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Seams posted:

this is 99% of major news stories now lol.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Slanderer posted:

It's such a weird thing to bring up because Sutherland Springs happened a month later and it was the fifth deadliest and I dunno if that lasted a day in the news.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Androies posted:

I heard the REAL reason the police took so long was that the shooter painted tunnels on the sides of all the buildings leading to the hotel and the police kept crashing into them.

paddock heard them busting his door down so he opened it really fast; they accidentally sprinted through the room and off the balcony, with enough time to hold up a lil sign saying 'yipe!'

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

It's such a weird thing to bring up because Sutherland Springs happened a month later and it was the fifth deadliest and I dunno if that lasted a day in the news.

No joke, I dont even remember that one at all

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Slanderer posted:

Like when they guy blew up a whole city block in Tennessee on Christmas morning and lol poof just gone

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

paddock heard them busting his door down so he opened it really fast; they accidentally sprinted through the room and off the balcony, with enough time to hold up a lil sign saying 'yipe!'

hosed up that the MSM basically memory holed this whole thing, but i saw it live, no mandela affect, i've got the vids to prove it

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Bust Rodd posted:

Like when they guy blew up a whole city block in Tennessee on Christmas morning and lol poof just gone

I think about this a lot.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Slanderer posted:

No joke, I dont even remember that one at all

Yeah I doubt most people do. Just a regular day in America.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol here we gooooo

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/10/08/us-investigators-increasingly-confident-directed-energy-attacks-behind-havana-syndrome-515693

quote:

“I think that’s quackery,” Rubio said of those who have argued that the symptoms are psychosomatic. “I’d invite them to explain that to the now-dozens of people who have suffered documented brain injuries that in many cases have made them incapable of ever working again.”

aaaahahaha "mass delusion? but it affected so many people who are now in early retirement!"

i say swears online fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Oct 8, 2021

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Marc Polymeropoulos is a paper-thin alias heyoo

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

lol here we gooooo

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/10/08/us-investigators-increasingly-confident-directed-energy-attacks-behind-havana-syndrome-515693

aaaahahaha "mass delusion? but it affected so many people who are now in early retirement!"

literally just the 'there are dozens of us' meme

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

if havana syndrome aint real then why is my brain so hosed up

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
if havana syndrome is fake why do I keep saying it's real and we must punish my enemies for it????

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
it’s the same thing as the cops who get a drug overdose by looking at a jpg of fentanyl

Lasting Damage
Feb 26, 2006

Fallen Rib
Havana syndrome is gonna make the jump to the antivaxx or Q people, and they will insist Antifa/Soros/Pharma/Biden is doing it to them

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives
https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1446601869586018312/photo/3

Feel like poo poo, just want what they have.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Wow Liz dresses exactly like my mom did in 1996

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

momjeans have been "in" for like four years now and i will never understand why, unless everybody is just fat

brace is dressed way better than chomsky tbh

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Me too, Brace.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

momjeans have been "in" for like four years now and i will never understand why, unless everybody is just fat

brace is dressed way better than chomsky tbh
asked and answered

agreed on brace v. chomsky tho

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Definitely the cutest non-pedophile podcast imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives
Yungchomsky has too many fits that are inside jokes for fashion nerds.