Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
and if you can't trust hissing_ufo, who can you trust in this fallen world?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Barry Foster posted:

and if you can't trust hissing_ufo, who can you trust in this fallen world?

i trust alien Grimace

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

thread getting better at calling out bullshit cons. very pleased :golfclap:

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Marzzle posted:

thread getting better at calling out bullshit cons. very pleased :golfclap:

I'm still on the fence about nanoaliens...

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1448011840747806722

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

i feel bad for my new three legged friend, stuck in this gross failing body with me

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

neutral milf hotel posted:

i trust alien Grimace

homeboy just p'nutted

global tetrahedron
Jun 24, 2009

as someone pretty versed in this stuff, what jacques vallee book should i start with? trying to decide between dimensions and confrontations

e: one review of dimensions basically said it’s just a recounting of people’s stories/experiences, i’m fully in and dont need much more of that. more interested in his analysis

global tetrahedron has issued a correction as of 21:25 on Oct 12, 2021

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Feel urge to CE5 myself so aliens can gently caress with me

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

if the hyperdimensional faeliens want to hurt you there ain’t poo poo you can do about it anyway as a dumb little monkey, just roll with it, send your gratitude, and hope for the best

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I would easily defeat an alien

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

global tetrahedron posted:

as someone pretty versed in this stuff, what jacques vallee book should i start with? trying to decide between dimensions and confrontations

e: one review of dimensions basically said it’s just a recounting of people’s stories/experiences, i’m fully in and dont need much more of that. more interested in his analysis

what about Passport to Magonia

from what i hear, it's all about comparing modern UFO sightings with ancient stories about fairies and ghosts and stuff like that, and talks about the idea of multidimensional entities being the cause of many sightings throughout history

i haven't read any of his stuff, and was also wondering where to start. he's written a lot of bird books

Andy Pandy
Dec 11, 2007

Grimey Drawer

global tetrahedron posted:

I'd recommend Dimensions, it has the good section about 'The Control System' which I found really interesting.

Also yeah Passport 2 Magonia is interesting. His books are pretty skimmable, you can open some pages at random and read a fun case or theory while you sit on the toilet. He seems like a nice person, I hope the Higher Beings™ ascend him first.

global tetrahedron
Jun 24, 2009

apparently dimensions re-uses/updates a lot of content from passport to magonia

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

ahhh this is what I saw last night!

https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/q4f38p/another_triangle_ufo_filmed_with_night_vision/

Andy Pandy
Dec 11, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Stand back I'm going to crack some eggs of wisdom:

1. Tic-Tacs / Discs / Orbs / Triangles are US military technology

At some point in the 1940s (or earlier, I don't know) the US military recovered advanced technology and began a reverse-engineering project. This was not funded particularly well at first due to World War 2, the Cold War, and the Vietnam war. At some point though, they quietly cracked anti-gravity and quite possibly free energy too. This led to an increase in funding, and over time the metallic saucers become triangles, they become orbs, they become Apple-inspired white tic-tacs. These are unmanned drones - selected military pilots slowly learned how to interface with this technology via their consciousness. Most of the US military does not know this, Trump was given a heavily dumbed-down briefing and is why he always went on about "invisible" planes. Nimitz and other navy encounters are simply exercises to ascertain how prepared we might be against the same technology (human or not).

2. Wait, they cracked mad anti-gravity drones and free energy and kept it a secret??? That's silly!

If somebody discovered a way to accelerate solid objects at incredible speeds, my first thought is: could they crack the planet in half? What if someone slammed one of these tic-tacs into the Pacific tectonic plate at 20,000mph? These aren't visitors from another planet, they are kinetic missiles that could probably level a city if someone spilled coke on their xbox controller. As as for free energy, well that would collapse the petrodollar and could allow the construction of doomsday devices if made public - no fuckin thanks. That's why they kept it a secret.

3. Why have they never revealed this tech in some flashy war????

It's far too profound a game-changer, there hasn't been a need to so far. It's also not fully understood.

4. What are you talking about?

Shut up!!!!

5. Ok what about abductions and weird high-strangeness stuff!?

OK listen up, I am high as hell. There are hundreds of thousands of accounts of human beings interacting with "other" entities, going back to the beginning of recorded history. Whether they were ghosts or gods or aliens, we can't deny that some human beings have experienced something unusual that affected them on a deeply personal level. These accounts take so many strange forms, some of them have spawned religions that still exist after thousands of years, some of them have terrified the experiencer for the rest of their life. Most of them seem to change the person's beliefs in some way and are linked with very strong emotions. I have never experienced this so it's hard for me to imagine what it's like.

6. What's your point?

I don't know my friend... I do suspect our reality is being penetrated by a foreign intelligence, and I think the problem in communication is due to the human ego.

An advanced intelligence might have evolved past the need for such a crude tool. The ego reduces us to pernicious apes. An average human being might not perceive an extra-terrestrial being even if they were in plain sight. Would a cow be able to perceive a grey alien stepping out from an alien craft? Or would it simply chew grass and get on with its life? What if the human ego had to be temporarily destroyed in order for communication to take place? It might explain the dreamlike nature and time-distortions.

Another good question I would then ask is, how do we evolve beyond ego, and what is ego? This may lead to madness, but then isn't it madness that human beings are currently terraforming their planet into a toxic environment that can't support us? Why are we doing that? What sent us down this path? Did the alien invasion happen already? Do we all have anosognosia?

7. By the way where did this "advanced technology" from the 1940s come from??? I forgot to ask this up there

Good question! I don't know, but I would bet this is more inter-dimensional and/or ancient artifacts rather than far-away space beings.

8. Thanks for the great post!

Love and light my friend x

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

quote:

At some point though, they quietly cracked anti-gravity and quite possibly free energy too. This led to an increase in funding, and over time the metallic saucers become triangles, they become orbs, they become Apple-inspired white tic-tacs.

ben rich is such a goddamn tease

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

this guy is having a normal one!

https://twitter.com/HISSING_UFO/status/1448053956215672834?t=9wujvQAWGUycaiAdRk7dTw&s=19

https://twitter.com/HISSING_UFO/status/1448051155167170563?s=19

https://twitter.com/HISSING_UFO/status/1448010729555050502?t=o5PeFQazSApnXLSG5wi3HA&s=19

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

has he had manic episodes on twitter before?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

from the replies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dGaVFYpBX8

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
i was just looking at black ops challenge coins/unit patches the other day. i too want to know what is behind the green door! bunch of cool ones imho, im a sucker for vexillology and other related things.

goony rear end 'all your base' references smdh

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

We're posting bird raps?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VbTxbTiZyQ

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

They want me to stop telepathically signaling the misery aliens? Too bad.

I will continue to scream in terror with the power of several billion voices into the void, and nothing can stop me. Even as the last proton in the universe decays, my psychic majesty will be forever overcharging the misery aliens crystals.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

thinking about any human having knowledge of novel alien technology makes me angry because then why the hell are we still burning fossil fuels for power like aliens being real doesn't make up for we destroyed the planet

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

D-Pad posted:

Anyway, that covers everything I can think of right now but feel free to ask questions!
Are there any satellite TV operators still broadcasting on C Band?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Shifty Nipples posted:

thinking about any human having knowledge of novel alien technology makes me angry because then why the hell are we still burning fossil fuels for power like aliens being real doesn't make up for we destroyed the planet

This is what I think; if we had it, and we were able to reverse engineer it in any meaningful way, our cell phones would be cooler or something at least

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

thats some pretty wild poo poo. the explanations that it's birds or an artifact of the camera aperture are whatever considering how many people have seen these things with their own eyes. I want to triangulate

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

you gonna post vinnie paz in the uap thread and not post this? smdh

https://youtu.be/2frJ3e0hxPE

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Shifty Nipples posted:

climate change is an intentional slow (for now) genocide by the elite to rid the world of the undesirables so that they can live in their free energy alien tech utopia of a few thousand people

atlas shrugged was soft disclosure

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I don't think that twitter man is quite on the up and up
but accidentally signaling the birds to zap us with their depression rays while we are trying to project good will to them is exactly the kind of irony I can appreciate

"You guys were trying to call those probes? Those things are like... riddled with suicidal waves and like cancer. Yeah don't go near those things"

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

oh look. they found a Dyson swarm

https://phys.org/news/2021-10-strange-radio-emerge-galactic-centre.html

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
when is the next report from the feds supposed to come out

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

oh is this the one that cdan blind item was talking about

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

pancake rabbit posted:

oh is this the one that cdan blind item was talking about

wait which. onewas this

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Petey posted:

wait which. onewas this

pancake rabbit posted:

huh the ufos subreddit surfaced something interesting for once

https://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2021/09/blind-item-7_7.html

(if you don't know, CDAN is accurate pretty much 100% of the time. this is the most compelling thing i've seen since the nimitz videos were confirmed lol)
CDAN delivering again

Jazerus posted:

i, uh, is there supposed to be something here other than a single paragraph?? i am not compelled

showing their whole rear end lmao

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

drop says "solar system" but paper says "galactic core" but that doesn't necessarily mean it's not the same yeah

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Shifty Nipples posted:

here's a fun one: we've had the mythical clean and nearly infinite energy source that would save the planet since the 1950's, it's called nuclear fission, and humanity collectively chose to dumpster the technology in favour of burning more dino juice

as we roll into into the greatest global mass extinction event in a hundred million years remember this: we didn't need to scramble for an alternative, we had one, and we tossed it aside

ignorant anti-nuclear activists have doomed the planet, coal rolling rednecks ain't poo poo

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Uuuh there's a signal yeah and uhhh it's kind of weird! We'll put it in the weird signal pile. It isn't the same kind of weird but we can't explain any of them anyway so uuuh bigger telescope more funding plz kthx

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Wheeee posted:

here's a fun one: we've had the mythical clean and nearly infinite energy source that would save the planet since the 1950's, it's called nuclear fission, and humanity collectively chose to dumpster the technology in favour of burning more dino juice

as we roll into into the greatest global mass extinction event in a hundred million years remember this: we didn't need to scramble for an alternative, we had one, and we tossed it aside

ignorant anti-nuclear activists have doomed the planet, coal rolling rednecks ain't poo poo

but what about radioactive waste?!?

/fires up coal power plant that just dumps radioactive waste directly into the air instead
https://www.epa.gov/radtown/radioactive-wastes-coal-fired-power-plants

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

my bony fealty posted:

drop says "solar system" but paper says "galactic core" but that doesn't necessarily mean it's not the same yeah

no

there is no contradiction, read it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Wheeee posted:

no

there is no contradiction, read it again

oh yeah you're right. shame on my ignorant mind that cant think beyond sol