Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

Joseph Smith, OG (Original Giant)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

bedpan posted:

a russia that is ruled from Kyiv

It would still have been Petrograd if it wasn't for the Germans :argh:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Atrocious Joe posted:

Sierra Club back when it was founded was explicitly part of the project to exterminate indigenous people in the US.

God drat it, not John Muir too. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YInfr0hm4A

Animal-Mother has issued a correction as of 03:21 on Oct 13, 2021

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Just assume everything involving American expansion is predicated on the genocide of indigenous peoples.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
giants are biblical canon, of course they existed in north america

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

my bony fealty posted:

if I had the time portal tech I would save Jeffy Eps from offing himself

someone already tried that. remember the first time he tried to, uh, kill himself

quote:

His cellmate, former New York City police officer Nicholas Tartaglione, who is charged with four counts of murder, was questioned about Epstein's condition. He denied having any knowledge of what happened. Epstein himself said he recollected nothing

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

been reading Aberration in the Heartland of the Real (again, Don DeLillo made one hell of a sentence there, bravo)

while I think the Oklahoma bombings have been long surpassed in other far grander disasters, I am finding it really interesting from the perspective of "psychology of the state", so to speak. CHAOS had it aplenty and has a much more dramatic, gradative crack-ping, but this is a lot more... Raw? The bureaucratic detail it has on the clusterfuck of narratives, procedural matters, contradictions, public interest maneuvring and popular opinion whiplashes is amazing. Coupled with the namedrop here of that Andreas Strassmeir recently on the thread and hell yea *cheffy chef kiss*

so far I would describe it as the psychosocial sausage-making of the epsteinian process, the extraordinary jumble of powerful capitalistic interests working through metastasizing agencies and organizations that seek to effect them, becoming more and more self-destructive to the very state that they are supposedly protecting

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
"psychosocial sausage-making" is an awesome phrase and could be an SOAD lyric

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

How does Mormonism deal with the Giants
Baptize them just in case.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

AnEdgelord posted:

Hot take: Ukraine is a fake country that should just be part of Russia

it's the reverse actually

bedpan posted:

a russia that is ruled from Kyiv

this guy gets it

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

GWBBQ posted:

Baptize them just in case.

recruit them to play on the line at BYU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

lol weren't we just talking about how the CIA is definitely going to try to make psychedelics a thing again

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

pancake rabbit posted:

so uh are y'all familiar with CDAN, the blind item celeb gossip site that's accurate almost 100% of the time?

well check out this fun reader blind from today!

https://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2021/10/blind-item-8-reader-blind.html#disqus_thread

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andreas_Strassmeir

:catstare:
Reminds me of the Croatian Six. lol @ cold war Australia ham-fistedly running interference for literal fascist terrorists and murderers, but also (if somewhat reluctantly) for the communist agents working to shut them down.

See also - the Sydney Hilton bombing coverups.

but looking into this part of history does make me wonder how far back this sort of thing goes, it's not like authoritarians would fail to notice the usefulness of the Haymarket bombing as an excuse to raid and to kill pro-worker agitators.

smarxist posted:

this fluff piece lmao
https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/11/opinions/cia-what-its-really-like-mccloskey/index.html

9 paragraphs about quirky potlucks and bureaucracy, 2 weak half sentences that acknowledge that the CIA maybe has made mistakes or done wrong at some time
The most honest thing I've seen from the CIA about the CIA is their homebrewed Jack Ryan fan fiction.

gradenko_2000 posted:

lol weren't we just talking about how the CIA is definitely going to try to make psychedelics a thing again
Pollan is less a CIA plant and more a PR agent for whoever's paying.

Psychedelics becoming a thing again is probably less to do with the CIA and more to do with surveillance capitalism as is lusted after by villainous right-wing billionaires such as Peter Thiel (who needs no introduction) and Christian Angermeyer (biotech capitalist and proud adviser to the genocidal Paul Kagame). The bit in Westworld where William realises the potential of the park as an intelligence asset, reminds me of motivation of these people who are looking to control the psychedelic landscape and access the highly personal data that can be extracted from it.

Looking into who is behind psychedelics re-emerging may draw one's attention to the questionable nature of a lot of widely lauded philanthropy.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/RIConferences/status/1448264810618044417?s=20
https://twitter.com/kcsastrategic/status/1448279105120706563?s=20

There's a virtual investor conference for psychedelic research firms today

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
https://twitter.com/madanboukman/status/1448440278004768768

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
boy we sure do have to kill thousands of people for all the terrible crimes against humanity they've done to Haiti

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
unfortunately, we must simply lock her up

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1448567071240081408

looks like Operation Gladio is now Operation Sagittariorum

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
lol at him being a white Dane that converted, 5 bucks says he was in the military too at some point

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007
https://twitter.com/pc_432/status/1448421312167231490

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

This is why leftists ought to treat 'left' transhumanists as probable infiltration risks.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Didn't someone theorize that Epstine was a CIA op of some sort that went off the farm or got out of hand or something?

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

BigRed0427 posted:

Didn't someone theorize that Epstine was a CIA op of some sort that went off the farm or got out of hand or something?

This would fit with the CIA's classic weakness, humunit.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

BigRed0427 posted:

It was reported in mainstream outlets that Alexander Acosta, who cut the cushy deal with Epstein in 2007 and later became Trump's Labor Secretary, did so because he was told Epstein "belonged to intelligence". Frankly, it would be more surprising if he wasn't connected to intelligence services given who he was palling around with.

There's also a lot of shadowy ties between him and both Israeli and Russian intelligence as well, so for all we know, he was an asset for some other country or got flipped somehow by someone else after working for the US.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Azathoth posted:

It was reported in mainstream outlets that Alexander Acosta, who cut the cushy deal with Epstein in 2007 and later became Trump's Labor Secretary, did so because he was told Epstein "belonged to intelligence". Frankly, it would be more surprising if he wasn't connected to intelligence services given who he was palling around with.

There's also a lot of shadowy ties between him and both Israeli and Russian intelligence as well, so for all we know, he was an asset for some other country or got flipped somehow by someone else after working for the US.

his partner in crime is the daughter of an Israeli spy and he had a Saudi passport. what were his Russian intelligence ties?

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao
https://twitter.com/stevanzetti/status/1448724827922059273
https://twitter.com/stevanzetti/status/1448727966343581714

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Epik was his partner thats still facing trial, right?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Spergin Morlock posted:

his partner in crime is the daughter of an Israeli spy and he had a Saudi passport. what were his Russian intelligence ties?

As far as I'm aware, it's just through Gislaine but in talking about how they're connected to intelligence, I don't think the two can really be separated. Basically, she's connected so he's connected. I should have been more clear on that assumption of mine.

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao

BigRed0427 posted:

Epik was his partner thats still facing trial, right?

My suspicion is Rob "literally worships Hitler" Monster flew.

Just a hunch.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Spergin Morlock posted:

the underage white models epstein traded in were mostly from eastern europe and russia and he and his associates flew to the region all the time to scout more. theres deffo some russian link

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

the obscene pedophiles that run our world have no borders

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

mistermojo posted:

the obscene pedophiles that run our world have no borders

Man, I hate it when I get those free gifts from Pedophiles Without Borders in the mail. They pack it with those tiny Styrofoam peanuts that go everywhere and the pens they give out never work.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

we've all done this on accident too

https://twitter.com/BoltzmannBooty/status/1448732522691678209

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

HOLY poo poo! WHY!?

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
Gotta train them American Gladiators somehow. How are they supposed to protect the land of the free from filthy reds if they can't train by placing live plastic explosives on school busses in active use then whoopsiedoodle forgetting about them?

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

the underage white models epstein traded in were mostly from eastern europe and russia and he and his associates flew to the region all the time to scout more. theres deffo some russian link
Human trafficking in that region is a huge enough problem that I wouldn't say it's enough to link him to Russian intelligence on its own, but given what we know I would be extremely surprised if there wasn't some connection.
just noting that this article is 5 years old, but yeah, if you take any vehicle apart you'll probably find a few lumps of C4 hiding in there among all the 10mm sockets

BigRed0427 posted:

HOLY poo poo! WHY!?
It was almost lunch time so they just skipped some unimportant checklist items like

3: Y/N - Are you leaving with the same amount of plastic explosives that you brought with you? (If N, please fill out form 442 if you have less than you brought and form 442a if you have more).

GWBBQ has issued a correction as of 23:58 on Oct 14, 2021

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

To be clear this is because the UK defense ministry accused the r/worldnews mods of being pro-China because they were removing an article about the Royal Navy transiting the South China Sea

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/gumby4christ/status/1448762643548762113

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

gradenko_2000 posted:

To be clear this is because the UK defense ministry accused the r/worldnews mods of being pro-China because they were removing an article about the Royal Navy transiting the South China Sea

This is also one of the subreddits that Ghislaine modded iirc